Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #1
TJ
Owner
Administrator

Default Need a copy of the Jeffrey MacDonald case that aired on May 15th

I believe this was the 1st time Lifetime has shown it (it wasn't even part of the regular Unsolved Mysteries series). My VCR timer was off by an hour, so I didn't get any of it recorded.

UPDATE: no longer need this episode...

Last edited by TJ; 09-13-2019 at 12:15 AM.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:51 PM   #2
Makoto_4
Frequent Poster

I saw that episode as well, though I was unable to tape it (I was out of blank tapes and didn't have time to buy them). There was also another case that aired in the same episode, which was (if I remember correctly) several black sailors who were found guilty for disobeying orders on loading bombs or something like that. An update showed these men were cleared from the supposed crime. I also remember that after the ending credits, there was an on-screen memoriam for Robert Stack.

I think this was the first time Lifetime aired that episode. I don't recall seeing this before until now.

-Makoto_4
Makoto_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
Jack1000

Oh Man!

The Jeffrey McDonald Murder Case has been my life's passion of research for 20 years. If you are still convinced of his guilt, please get a copy of Fatal Justice: Reinvestigating the McDonald Murders, by Jerry Potter and Fred Boast. The authors spent over a decade researching the case and through Freedom of Information Act Documents, 100's of pieces of evidence were never shown to the jury that overwhelming support his innocense, learn about:

1. The black wool fibers found in the living room found to be from Helena Stockley's wig, never reported in the case until 15 years after trial.

2. Candle wax found in the living room where McDonald said he was attacked.

3. Blood spoots found in the living room where McDonald said he was attacked. (These were kept off of all government reports.) The feds insisted at trial no blood was found in the living room. FBI agents proved differently but the chart that prosector Brian Murtaugh presented at trial had no blood spots on. The original lab notes show something very different.

4. 22 inch long synthetic blond-hair wig fibers found in the living room DNA tested against McDonalds own hair and the hair of the victoms. The fibers did not match

5. A phone call the night of the murders to the McDonald house. Helena Stockley answered the phone, the caller asked for Dr. Macdonald. She says, she was high on mesacline, laughed said he wasn't there and hung up.

6. Evidence from Greg Mitchell, Helena Stockley's boyfriend who confessed to killing McDonald's wife and children. When he was being treated for drug addiction at an isolated house, investigators went to the home. Scrawled on one of the walls in Mitchell's room were the words...."I killed McDonald's wife and children!"

7. How Joe McGinnis falsifyed 100's of pages in the now proven Fictional "Fatal Vision" after he had lost his contract with his first publisher. How the original version had portrayed McDonald as innocent. How McGinnis diet pills rage theory was proven false in civil court when McGinnis said that the story was fabricated and said regarding the diet pill theory...."I'm not convinced it accually happened."

8. How prosecutors violated discovery motions by not turning key information over to the defense that proves McDonald's innconce. How investigators were made up of very youg and inexperienced cops. The lead investigator--this was his first murder case! Key evidence pointing to outside attackers directly was either damaged, destroyed, or purposly removed

9. How McDonald key prosecutor Jim Blackburn went to prision for a conviction of falsifying judge's signatires and embezzling money from his own law firm to buy himself land and two new cars!

10 How key forensic criminologist Michael Malone who was involved with the states case, knowingly planted evidence and falsifyed documents in other key cases. Also learn how two former FBI agents resigned from the case, to help research Fatal Justice, because they insisted that McDonald had been framed!

Jack
Jack1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 07:16 AM   #4
Awsi Dooger

Default Jack1000, you are 1000% correct

I became convinced of McDonald's complete innocence many years ago, after viewing a British program that focused on many of the facts you listed. I believe his conviction is the premier travesty of modern American justice, easily eclipsing the O.J. verdict.

Helena Stokley is on tape confessing to her part in the crime, She even described a child's rockinghorse in McDonald's residence that she could not have known about otherwise. Plus, the guy who made the call that Stokely answered confirms he placed a call to that number, actually looking for a different Dr. McDonald, and that a bizarre woman answered with plenty of noise in the background. It was obviously Helena Stokely.

A month or so ago I posted a thread here asking, "Who was wrongly accused or convicted?" I mentioned Jeffrey McDonald and wrote that Joe McGinniss is the one who belongs in jail. After reading your post I am even more certain.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 04:59 AM   #5
Suzie2
Occasional Poster

I may be the minority here due to my feelings that Ole Mac was indeed the killer of his entire family. We have a great discussion going on @ Crime & Justice. Please come for a visit or I would be glad to chat about this case here.

http://pub165.ezboard.com/bcrimeandjustice13552

Regards,
Old 09-02-2003, 11:24 PM   #6
TJ
Owner
Administrator

I am still looking for this episode, if anyone has it on tape please e-mail me. Thanks.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #7
boechsner

This case aired today. Did it originally air as part of the Final Appeal series in the fall of 1992?
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:13 PM   #8
boechsner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechsner
This case aired today. Did it originally air as part of the Final Appeal series in the fall of 1992?
I just confirmed that this case aired on the hour-long series premiere of Final Appeal: From the Files of Unsolved Mysteries on September 18, 1992.
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1000
Oh Man!

The Jeffrey McDonald Murder Case has been my life's passion of research for 20 years. If you are still convinced of his guilt, please get a copy of Fatal Justice: Reinvestigating the McDonald Murders, by Jerry Potter and Fred Boast. The authors spent over a decade researching the case and through Freedom of Information Act Documents, 100's of pieces of evidence were never shown to the jury that overwhelming support his innocense, learn about:

1. The black wool fibers found in the living room found to be from Helena Stockley's wig, never reported in the case until 15 years after trial.

2. Candle wax found in the living room where McDonald said he was attacked.

3. Blood spoots found in the living room where McDonald said he was attacked. (These were kept off of all government reports.) The feds insisted at trial no blood was found in the living room. FBI agents proved differently but the chart that prosector Brian Murtaugh presented at trial had no blood spots on. The original lab notes show something very different.

4. 22 inch long synthetic blond-hair wig fibers found in the living room DNA tested against McDonalds own hair and the hair of the victoms. The fibers did not match

5. A phone call the night of the murders to the McDonald house. Helena Stockley answered the phone, the caller asked for Dr. Macdonald. She says, she was high on mesacline, laughed said he wasn't there and hung up.

6. Evidence from Greg Mitchell, Helena Stockley's boyfriend who confessed to killing McDonald's wife and children. When he was being treated for drug addiction at an isolated house, investigators went to the home. Scrawled on one of the walls in Mitchell's room were the words...."I killed McDonald's wife and children!"

7. How Joe McGinnis falsifyed 100's of pages in the now proven Fictional "Fatal Vision" after he had lost his contract with his first publisher. How the original version had portrayed McDonald as innocent. How McGinnis diet pills rage theory was proven false in civil court when McGinnis said that the story was fabricated and said regarding the diet pill theory...."I'm not convinced it accually happened."

8. How prosecutors violated discovery motions by not turning key information over to the defense that proves McDonald's innconce. How investigators were made up of very youg and inexperienced cops. The lead investigator--this was his first murder case! Key evidence pointing to outside attackers directly was either damaged, destroyed, or purposly removed

9. How McDonald key prosecutor Jim Blackburn went to prision for a conviction of falsifying judge's signatires and embezzling money from his own law firm to buy himself land and two new cars!

10 How key forensic criminologist Michael Malone who was involved with the states case, knowingly planted evidence and falsifyed documents in other key cases. Also learn how two former FBI agents resigned from the case, to help research Fatal Justice, because they insisted that McDonald had been framed!

Jack
I swear I am really dumb founded it when it comes to this case.. To me there is considerable evidence on both sides I really think there was enough reasonable doubt to declare a mistrail!.. But my instincts kinda wanna say he did it!
Mr.Clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
justins5256

Bump.

If anyone has this entire uninterrupted episode - MacDonald and the seamen - in good quality off Lifetime I would be interested in trading for a copy.

Thanks.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
ksm1967
Frequent Poster

I have never had a doubt in my mind that McDonald is guilty. He is one of the most arrogant men I have ever seen. I do believe that there were other people there that night, but I think he was too and was very much involved.
ksm1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 PM   #12
mothwings
Occasional Poster

I need a copy of this please or other Final Appeals (besides Ferrell and Montecalvo. I have all the pre series specials and seasons 1 - 7 original broadcasts to trade. I can't believe I've never seen this segment. Please send a message if you can help.

Last edited by TJ; 09-12-2019 at 10:23 AM.
mothwings is offline   Reply With Quote