Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-25-2019, 06:54 PM   #61
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun View Post
Does anyone else find this response odd? I'd imagine if you lost your partner you would talk about how much you miss them; how much they meant to you; how much you cared and loved them etc..
Yes it's odd, IMO, because she actually paused before answering. She had time to come up with an answer and picked that one.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #62
DarkDante

This one has always frustrated me. My inclination is to say that Charlie's wife may have gotten away with a crime but the specifics of exactly what happened are particularly confounding to me. I wish "The Trail Went Cold" would cover this one at some point.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #63
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante View Post
This one has always frustrated me. My inclination is to say that Charlie's wife may have gotten away with a crime but the specifics of exactly what happened are particularly confounding to me. I wish "The Trail Went Cold" would cover this one at some point.
Nice to see you back. Sent you a pm.

I still think there's a chance (if you believe Dan Montecalvo did not murder his wife) and that Susan Brown's confession she burglarized the home that she could have been involved in Anderson's murder as well. I believe both houses weren't too far from each other and the murders occurred a little over a year apart. Susan was a known drug addict so she could have broke into Anderson's house to look for things to steal to sell for drug money and they came in while her (and a possible accomplice) were inside. I wonder if any dna was ever found at the scene.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #64
spiraleyes
Frequent Poster

Default Wife who found Charlie Anderson murdered dies at 64

I just happened to be watching the segment of the murdered deputy Charlie Anderson and thought I would do some googling. I just found this on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/events/585155815290496/

Looks like she died in January.
spiraleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:30 AM   #65
ddelta
Frequent Poster

Wow...good find. What do you all think about this case. From what I have read on this case, looks like DA had a suspect and brought to a grand jury, but they didn't think they had enough evidence. I always thought it was the wife they brought before the grand jury. Sad that these two boys lost their father at such a young age.
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:01 AM   #66
tsaun
Frequent Poster

The fact that she only let police interview her once was enough for me to believe she was responsible.

I'm guessing she paid someone.
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #67
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

Her story never added up to me. She just gave me the creeps
Old 09-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #68
yourhomiebrian
Frequent Poster

Default Do you think Charlie Anderson's wife knows more than she is saying?

Do you guys think that Charlie Anderson's wife may be hiding something? Do you think she may have hired someone to kill Charlie Anderson? Or possibly know who did it but is afraid to say? Or doesn't want to say? What do you guys think?
yourhomiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:18 PM   #69
Steve_uk

Yes but it's only a suspicion. She probably drank herself to death from remorse.
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #70
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhomiebrian View Post
Do you guys think that Charlie Anderson's wife may be hiding something? Do you think she may have hired someone to kill Charlie Anderson? Or possibly know who did it but is afraid to say? Or doesn't want to say? What do you guys think?
I think the wife knows more than she is telling. I remember reading something about her getting remarried shortly after Charlie's murder, and it was suspected that this was the man she was having an affair with. I'd say they are the 2 prime suspects.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:11 AM   #71
tsaun
Frequent Poster

She only let police interview her once. There's something seriously wrong there.

I believe she was responsible.
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #72
ddelta
Frequent Poster

I definatly think she is responsible. Shocked to see that it seems like she was close to both her sons. I just found it so odd that she sat in the car while he took the first boy in and if that was my husband I would help the cops out in any way I could. I think she hired someone to be a hitman, gave him access to the house to wait until they came home. The hitman allowed him to put the kid to bed and then shot him.
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:04 AM   #73
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Default Who shot Deputy Charlie Anderson?

This was the deputy who was gunned down in his house in 1987 after he went inside the house first and left his wife and other son in the car, supposedly she couldn't carry the child in because she had a back injury.

Apparently the next day someone called in claiming to know the identity of the shooter, but during the call got cold feet cause he was scared the call was being recorded. They told him to call back on a recorded line and he never called back.

I personally have always been skeptical about witnesses who call once claiming to have information and then never call back, I think they are often just cranks. Same with the Cathy Hobbs witness. Michael Lee Lockhart was later revealed to be her killer and the info the witness called in with didn't even jibe, it was a false license number that didn't even exist. Lockhart himself may have been the caller. I think the caller Deputy Anderson's case may have even been the killer himself toying with the cops.

But I always thought to, was Charlie's wife ever seriously investigated as a suspect? She was the last person to see him alive, she reported the murder. Her reason for not going in the house seemed somewhat suspicious to me, though I suppose if she had a back injury and couldn't carry their son into the house she may not have wanted to leave him in the car alone. But it seems awfully convenient she just happened to be left in the car when the killer was waiting inside.

Also, no foreign fingerprints were found in the house, only family members. And supposedly regarding Charlie's death stare a relative remarked that he looked massively betrayed with his look. Not much bigger betrayal than to be gunned down by your own spouse.

What do you all think?
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:43 AM   #74
spiraleyes
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelta View Post
I definatly think she is responsible. Shocked to see that it seems like she was close to both her sons. I just found it so odd that she sat in the car while he took the first boy in and if that was my husband I would help the cops out in any way I could. I think she hired someone to be a hitman, gave him access to the house to wait until they came home. The hitman allowed him to put the kid to bed and then shot him.
I was surprised as well. However, I've noticed a lot of children who are raised by suspected killers will usually end up brain-washed. Usually they become more involved with their kids and shower them with attention when they have to live with the knowledge of what they have done.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:51 AM   #75
spiraleyes
Frequent Poster

The main thread for Charlie Anderson I believe is here: https://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards...d.php?t=175011

And it has a lot of information including someone who knew his wife.

Charlie's wife, Beth Anderson, died this year at 64.

That closes the case in my eyes although her boyfriend at the time (according to the thread) may have been involved. She only allowed police to interview her once which says a lot.

One of the details the police divulged is how a real burglary will result in many drawers and fixtures being opened because they don't know where the most valuable things are. In this case, the police mentioned only one drawer per fixture was opened. The only other person in the house that would know where the most valuable things are would be his wife.

Last edited by TJ; 09-25-2019 at 12:53 PM.