Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #46
unsolved1981
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytrapp
The woman interviewed in the Mikki Jo West segment is introduced as "Mikki's sister in law". She is actually Mikki's sister...but I don't think this was a goof, I think it was to protect the situation, and Mikki's killer was the sister's estranged husband.
I'm seeing some other articles saying that they were in fact Sisters in law and that Micki Jo was married to West's brother. I think that's the accurate take because Micki Jo's father's name is Arden Locke, so presumably, Locke is Micki Jo's maiden name.

EDIT:

her empty 'grave', she is shown as 'Micki Jo Locke' and not West. Estranged husband? No mention on the segment.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...r&GRid=5581974

Her father Arden wrote a book called 'Micki' about her:

https://books.google.com/books/about...d=yrEPogEACAAJ
unsolved1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #47
MegtheEgg86

In the 'Tom Hughes' segment about the dude who habitually hospital-hopped (alliteration!): as he's being coded at the beginning of the segment a doctor grabs defibrillator paddles off the machine although there are already defibrillator pads on the patient's chest (and he actually puts the paddles on top of the sticky pads).

In the John Hardin house segment, the reenactment has Hardin in bed at the time he noticed the fire in his driveway, but he was actually passing by his bedroom window just after returning home from a service call.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:55 PM   #48
scarfish
Frequent Poster

In the Kenneth Stanton segment if you listen careful,y when the pseudo milkman creepy actor is talking to the young girl, a detective talks over one of the lines. They cut to the detective and then upon returning to the situation, they repeat the exact same lines.

Also They called Deanna Woodard Deanna Woodward a couple times.
scarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:03 AM   #49
scarfish
Frequent Poster

Also In many of the farina sendups, they often changed the people in silhouette all the time.

Also, another glaring one was the las cruces incident....on the farina version the interviewee was called Charles. Yet his name is obviously Steve senac.

Also if you look at the gypsy fraud clip with Lena Marie Wilson and Anne coracelli...the first fraud victim profiled is unquestionably not talking in sync with the audio of her account
scarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:39 AM   #50
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

I can think of a few.

The Bird Road Rapist segment - Stack states that Luis Diaz was arrested at 2 a.m. But it appears to be daylight outside. As a side note, the acting by the cops is noticeably bad ("we're here for the BIRD ROAD RAPIST!" *shoves Mrs. Diaz onto the couch*).

Building on Stack's mispronunciation of Canadian geography, he states that Jerry Gervasoni was arrested in "Salt Springs Island, BC". It's actually Salt SPRING Island (in the singular). He also butchers the pronunciation of other BC cities of Kitwanga (in the Philip Fraser segment) and Chilliwack (in the Clifford Sherwood segment).

When Edward Wayne Beverly was finally identified as Ethel Kidd's killer and UM reported the update, Ethel's son-in-law's name is "Thomas Kidd". That was probably not correct, and in the original segment he was only identified as "Thomas".

When the case of Angela Hammond (from Missouri) was re-shown during Lifetime's 2001/2 revival, the graphics people goofed at one point, identifying the detective interviewed as coming from the "Clinton, Montana" police department (the graphic in the original segment had "Clinton, Mo." so perhaps the fact that the O wasn't capitalized tripped someone up later on).

There were some differences in seasons from when events were re-created and when events actually occurred:
The Orange Sock murders segment - Annette Schnee's body was discovered in July but there is still snow on the ground.
The Bigfoot segment from Season 1 where the cabin was broken into and hair was left in the door screen & frame which supposedly took place in 'early August', but it looks to be winter, and the boys who discovered the hair are wearing winter outdoor clothing.
(Of course, if it's not unusual for Colorado to still have snow at higher elevations in the summer months, then disregard both these observations above!)
Anna Anton was murdered in Nebraska just before Christmas, but the segment clearly was filmed in the summer before its airing, since there was absolutely no snow to be seen.
Composite Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:15 AM   #51
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite Sketch
There were some differences in seasons from when events were re-created and when events actually occurred:
The Orange Sock murders segment - Annette Schnee's body was discovered in July but there is still snow on the ground.
The Bigfoot segment from Season 1 where the cabin was broken into and hair was left in the door screen & frame which supposedly took place in 'early August', but it looks to be winter, and the boys who discovered the hair are wearing winter outdoor clothing.
Anna Anton was murdered in Nebraska just before Christmas, but the segment clearly was filmed in the summer before its airing, since there was absolutely no snow to be seen.
There were many cases where specific segments were shot at the wrong time of the year, if you want to get technical.

Joyce McLain was murdered while jogging in the summer, she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. In the reenactment, she's wearing a sweatsuit and despite no snow, it's clearly winter outside.

At the start of the Roger Dean segment, two kids are riding their bikes to school and it looks like summer (or spring) despite his murder taking place in late November in Colorado.

The film crew had to work with what they were dealt in regards to the weather. I still think it was cool that they traveled to the cities these cases took place.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:53 AM   #52
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite Sketch
I live in Canada (Nova Scotia) and we barely had any snow the entire winter: maybe a month total where the ground had any significant white stuff. I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas either.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:08 AM   #53
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

Might have been mentioned before, but in the Philip Fraser segment near the end, Stack states "what happened on Highway 1?" but Philip was murdered along Highway 37. The 40 Mile Flat Café was off 37 as well.

Highway 1 runs East-West and Philip did indeed take that highway to enter Yukon Territory, but he then turned south on Highway 37, which runs North-South, and entered British Columbia.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #54
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

When Jerry's friend picks him up at the Newark NJ airport after he allegedly killed Paula Pasciak, those almost look like palm trees in the background. As much as I wish otherwise, there are no palm trees in NJ.

Also, posted this one in wrong thread, but it almost sounds like cop interviewed for Barbara Jean Horn case says the crime happened in January in one sebtence and the crime happened in July in another.
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #55
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

(Again, apologies if posted before...)

Stack said that Jim Burnside was "46" when he married Annette in 1981, but his date of birth (clearly seen when they showed his mugshot against a complete suspect bulletin) was 1937, which would have made him 44.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #56
MegtheEgg86

The Clarence Roberts fires were presented as "exactly ten years apart" on the show, but they were actually about ten years and ten days apart from each other. The first fire happened on November 18, 1970, and the second fire happened on November 29, 1980. The footage of the headstone carrying Clarence's name is shown prominently at the end of the segment, in which 'November 29, 1980' as his death date can be clearly seen.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #57
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

Another one I just thought of....

I'm a bit of a plane nut, and everyone knows that DB Cooper hijacked a Boeing 727. However, near the end of the first part of the segment about him, they show "Flight 305" taking off, but it's clearly a Air New Zealand Boeing 747 - you can clearly see the koru logo on the tail. Then, as Stack talks about the weather deteriorating, the plane shown is a much smaller DC-9.

Last edited by Composite Sketch; 08-04-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 PM   #58
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

Another one I just ran across - in the Melvine Aprile case at the very beginning, the abduction is noted as taking place in January 1988, then later on it changes to January 1989 (the latter was correct).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
Is it just me or does RS call Christie Nichols Christie nichol in the opening of the segment
I'm now reminded of the Maria Armstrong case, where she was referred to as "Marie" a few times, especially by the Mesa detective.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:17 PM   #59
Mike82
Frequent Poster

A couple of more small mistakes I noticed:

Lionel Luviano - when his family cut the leg shackles you can see these are the cheap kind you would find at an adult store, definitely not the kind police would use. I also doubt they actually used a bolt cutter as hand and leg cuffs almost all use an easily obtained (and concealed) universal key.

Mystery Hum - When they highlighted all the countries that the hum was reported, they forgot the 4 Atlantic provinces (but not Labrador) when highlighting Canada.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #60
omegadoom
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
I live in Canada (Nova Scotia) and we barely had any snow the entire winter: maybe a month total where the ground had any significant white stuff. I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas either.
I live in NS as well.
omegadoom is offline   Reply With Quote