Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Exclamation 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' May Not Return for a 5th Season (Marriage May be on the Rocks?)

It may not have been TLC's intent, but the fourth-season finale of Jon & Kate Plus 8 on March 23 managed to come off as the mother of all cliffhangers. Judging by comments made by Jon Gosselin in those final scenes -- which, EW learned, was shot right around the time the tabloids broke the news of an alleged drink-fest with a couple of coeds -- the costar of TLC's popular reality show didn't seem so keen on staying in front of the bright lights ("We don't have privacy at all...it's tough," he admitted on camera). If Internet rumors are to be believed and the Gosselin marriage is really on the rocks -- and there's enough doubt out there to prompt the paparazzi to chronicle the couple's every move -- then a fifth season of the show would certainly seem unlikely.

For now, TLC won't officially say whether a fifth season is in the cards, though it's certainly something the network wants. "Jon and Kate are part of the TLC family and we obviously want them to be happy," says a TLC spokeswoman. "The top priority is to let them have some quality time together." She added that production can -- and will -- accommodate the family's schedule. The prospect of losing the hit program couldn't come at a worse time for TLC, especially since the March 23 finale of Jon & Kate Plus 8 was the show's highest-rated episode ever among overall viewers (4.6 million), persons 25-54 (2.3 million), and women 18-49 (2.1 million). Eager to monetize the show's stellar ratings, TLC would no doubt love to go into its New York upfront presentation for advertisers April 2 with the news that it'll bow a fifth season of Jon & Kate as early as this June -- that is, unless something changes with the family.

Fortunately for TLC, some original episodes have already been banked so the cable net can air new installments of Jon & Kate this summer (in fact, a hour-long special featuring the Gosselins going green is set to air on April 19). Given all the attention the show now attracts, its fans are sure to return -- though some seem genuinely conflicted and have even begun to question whether the Gosselins should do a fifth season. Says one EW.com poster named Mich: "It's time to wrap things up now. I've watched Jon and Kate sit and laugh with each other [or] just bickering [with] each other." Adds another poster: "The show was great in the beginning, but fame and fortune is taking its toll."

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Chocoholic
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

I don't watch the show, but I pray they can work this out for the sake of all those children.
Chocoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Exclamation

TLC announced today that Jon & Kate Plus 8 will return for a fifth season. The popular show that attracted record ratings for its March 23 finale will join a busy roster of returning programs, such as 18 Kids and Counting, A Baby Story, American Chopper, What Not to Wear, and Little People, Big World.

The cable network has also introduced a host of new series -- more than 19 in all -- that will help fill its schedule in the coming year. They include The Little Couple (a series about newlyweds Bill Klein and Jen Arnold, both of whom are under 4-feet tall); Freakin Fabulous With Clinton Kelly (a fashion show based on his book of the same name); Making Over America With Trinny & Susannah (featuring the original U.K. hosts of What Not to Wear), The General (featuring an interior-designer-turned-contractor), and Mom, Inc. (a new series from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos that helps struggling entrepreneurs).

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/jon-kate-plus-8.html
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

In the article that was in People magazine (the one with Valerie in a bikini on the cover) he claimed they were still solid. He doesn't mind the cameras there, but it has caused some problems for her since she's more private.

I think in truth, she knows she comes across like a bitch and that's why she doesn't like them there. Frankly, I would think she should just watch herself and listen to how she speaks to him and realize sooner or later, things are going to go south. You don't talk to your life partner like that. If she doesn't want him, I'll take him.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
In the article that was in People magazine (the one with Valerie in a bikini on the cover) he claimed they were still solid. He doesn't mind the cameras there, but it has caused some problems for her since she's more private.

I think in truth, she knows she comes across like a bitch and that's why she doesn't like them there. Frankly, I would think she should just watch herself and listen to how she speaks to him and realize sooner or later, things are going to go south. You don't talk to your life partner like that. If she doesn't want him, He doesn't mind the cameras there, but it has caused some problems for her since she's more private.
If she wants to be more more private perhaps she SHOULD GET THE CAMERAS OUT OF HER LIFE. And Jon has said, on the show, that he can't be Jon anymore, he has to be Jon and Kate Plus Eight and that is draining. He wants to stop the show as he finds it draining and Kate said she loves her life and wants to keep going. Guess who won this argument?

I think she comes across as a bitch because she is a bitch. If I spoke to my husband the way she talks to Jon he woudl ask me if I really wanted to be married to him. And please, please, please do not say to me, "Well if you had EIGHT kids you would be bitchy, too!" because I don't see how having a lot of kids entitles you to be mean. And no I don't watch the show anymore. Can't stand her or her voice.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote