Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Punk'd Gets Host; Comedic Game Show Renewed Through 2023
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 27, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season in Full Swing; Katey Sagal to Play Role Inspired by Erin Brockovich in ABC Drama Pilot
Fri-Yay: Sitcom Line-Ups - A Thing of the Past?; Adult Swim Comedy Returns Feb. 23
The Conners Celebrate Grand Opening of Lanford Lunch Box with Contest; Lifetime Celebrates 30 Years of Original Movies
HBO Max Gets Animated with Royals Comedy; Netflix Announces Premiere Date for Sophia Lillis Comedy
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Hulu - a Comedy with Steve Martin and Martin Short, the Renewal of Dollface

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #16
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

THANK YOU FALC04
Old 07-11-2006, 09:03 AM   #17
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc04
Eddie..sounds like almost the exact situation that I found myself in with Loren a while back. The 'complete' 29 disc Mr. Ed set he sold me was actually missing 6 episodes. I gave him the info on the missing episodes, and asked (in a very civilized way) if he could send me the disc with the missing episodes. Well, his emails turned into long, ranting, hatefill messages...accusing me of being a scammer. I'm still not sure how he came to that conclusion, since I would have gladly paid for the missing disc. But, when all was said and done, it was obvious his set did not contain these missing 6 episodes, and he was not about to take his uncomplete set back.

I basically realized that I was dealing with a somewhat unstable person, and decided the best thing would be to drop it and move on. I suggest you do the same, and just stay far clear from him.

now mr falc comes back with his week attempt to scam money from me

i had figured that you and your good buudy sheri from chicago would have given up by now

your mr ed set was made by a moderator on this exact sitcoms board

the maker was agent 13

you reprtted you had no duplicate discs

and that you had no discs that didnt function

so you had all 29 discs

but somehow you didnt have all the eps, even though i contacted the set maker, and fowarded the email to you like a year ago

she verified that the set was all there, and i fowarded the email to you

end of stroy

BUT HERES THE REAL KICKER

MR JIM WANTED A TOTAL REFUND, AFTER HE HAD THE SET FOR LIKE EVER

garsh, seems you and your buddy sheri sold that set, and had positive comments on it, but yet all of a sudden, its no good, and you need a refund

more like, you and your buddy sheri couldnt get it to duplicate, and wanted a refund, months later,

imagine that, another shill and friend of sheris comes up with a problem

and jim, please, i love your comment about how you stayed clear of me, you asked at leat 20 times to buy more stuff, and i flat out refused, since i knew who you were buying it for, many people i cut off cant coem to terms with it

come on out of the woodwork, everyone whos got a comment, todays the day

but be warned, ill likely tell the entire story
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #18
falc04
Frequent Poster

I have no interest in debating with you again Loren...we went over all that before. I told you during our email exchanges, that I was a BIG Mister Ed fan, and that I was looking for the complete series...not a set missing 6 episodes. I did first ask about exchanging the ones you sent me for something else...then, as you became more belligerent, I said I would like a refund from you, for selling me something other then described (to just be done with you). As your responses became more and more hate-filled, I decided that $100 wasn't worth it. I only posted here, because I see someone else happened to run into an exact duplicate of my situation with you, and wanted him to know he wasn't alone.

Like I said, I'm finished responding to you...but what still amazes me with that whole ugly affair, was that I had previously purchased a few hundred dollars worth of discs from you, and was happy with everything. As soon as something became amiss with one of your sales, you decided I was at fault. Seems odd, seeing as I told you, that you had a lot more shows I wanted to purchase...but your wonderful 'people skills' convinced me to look elsewhere for them.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #19
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

BEAUTIFULLY SAID !!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #20
loren

mr falc

theres nothing i didnt do for you, except coem to your house and play the discs

there were 29 disc

you had them all

no dupes and no coasters

the set was verified by moderator--agent 13

give it up, you and sheri got caught

theres a huge difference between you and eddie

1--hes not a shill for a notorous scamer-sheri

2-he actauly had an episode messed up in his set

of cousre we had good dealings previously

right up until you tried to pull soem crap

then i verified that the set was complete, you emaileld me 50 times to cry and whine, amnd threaten

i put you on the ignore list

case closed
Old 07-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #21
Lee G
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

This is very interesting. A few months back, I got from Loren a "complete" set of Hazel DVD's. Needless to say, I was not satisfied with the stuff I received. First off, there were duplicate episodes, so some episodes were missing entirely. And most of the episodes came from TV Land/WOR where they cut off 3-4 minutes of each episode. The disks were poorly edited and some episodes had no sound. I contacted Loren and originally I was going to return the DVD's and ask that the problems of duplicate episodes and episodes with no sound be corrected. Loren came across as not being the most co-operative individual, a bit of a chip on the shoulder. So I thought it over and considering the overall poor quality of the set, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I wrote it off as a loss, tossed the DVD's and chalked it up to experience. This was not the first time I had a negative outcome dealing thru this forum. Soon after, I found out that season one DVD's of Hazel is coming out in August, so I'll be getting those.

Loren might have a lot of stuff, but quantity doesn't always translate to quality. And he seems prone to be sloppy with what he does, because there are other complaints here similar to mine. Because I've had things go sour here more than once, I will never again do another transaction thru this board. It is too easy to get disappointed here, too easy to get ripped off. My advice to everyone: If you want your favorite shows on DVD, get the official commercial releases and avoid dealing with individuals. I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of traders here don't possess the greatest quality stuff. The shows are taken from TV, the quality is not very good and chances are the shows will not be uncut. And fact is, there is nothing better than the quality of an official DVD release. If your favorite show is not yet available, have patience because new stuff is being released all the time and more than likely what you're looking for will eventually be out there. TVShowsOnDVD.com is a great source to find out what shows are available on DVD.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #22
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE THIS IS WHAT THE GOOD BOOK SAYS
OF COURSE THAT IS ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE IN A GOOD BOOK .
Old 07-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #23
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

Is Loren running for politics or something? All these people coming out of the closet at once; it's like a smear campaign.

Toupie and Binoo
NHL games
What's New Mr. Magoo?
Abbott and Costello Animated Series
Tales of the Wizard of Oz
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

http://www.freewebs.com/digital_monkey/
Old 07-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #24
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee G
This is very interesting. A few months back, I got from Loren a "complete" set of Hazel DVD's. Needless to say, I was not satisfied with the stuff I received. First off, there were duplicate episodes, so some episodes were missing entirely. And most of the episodes came from TV Land/WOR where they cut off 3-4 minutes of each episode. The disks were poorly edited and some episodes had no sound. I contacted Loren and originally I was going to return the DVD's and ask that the problems of duplicate episodes and episodes with no sound be corrected. Loren came across as not being the most co-operative individual, a bit of a chip on the shoulder. So I thought it over and considering the overall poor quality of the set, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I wrote it off as a loss, tossed the DVD's and chalked it up to experience. This was not the first time I had a negative outcome dealing thru this forum. Soon after, I found out that season one DVD's of Hazel is coming out in August, so I'll be getting those.

thanks leeg

ill add you to the list of fabricators and peopel who just plain cant read

his gripe was

THE HAZEL SET IS CUT------- FROM ORIGINAL

AT NO TIME DID I EVER SAY IT WAS UNCUT

AND AT NO TIME WAS IT EVER LISTED OR EVEN HINTED TO BEING COMPLETE, EPSIODE 23 IS NOT INCLUDED

however the pilot is,a nd ep 23 is a recut of the pilot

he did say that there was a duplicate episode, but he didnt want it fixed,and wouldnt even say what it was

he only wanted a full refund, based on the fact it was cut from original--

in fact look above, thats his first contention, the duplicateb epsidoe was an after thought

if lee has a missing episode, post it now, ill ship a corrected disc now

but thats not what he wanted, he wanted an uncut set, and assumed mine would be--no one has an uncut set, and im quite sure you will find that even a retail release will be cut from original content,
Old 07-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #25
lilhave

Quote:

Loren might have a lot of stuff, but quantity doesn't always translate to quality. And he seems prone to be sloppy with what he does, because there are other complaints here similar to mine. Because I've had things go sour here more than once, I will never again do another transaction thru this board. It is too easy to get disappointed here, too easy to get ripped off. My advice to everyone: If you want your favorite shows on DVD, get the official commercial releases and avoid dealing with individuals. I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of traders here don't possess the greatest quality stuff. The shows are taken from TV, the quality is not very good and chances are the shows will not be uncut. And fact is, there is nothing better than the quality of an official DVD release. If your favorite show is not yet available, have patience because new stuff is being released all the time and more than likely what you're looking for will eventually be out there. TVShowsOnDVD.com is a great source to find out what shows are available on DVD.
It's the same as saying "I was married once and I will never get married again, as all marriages stink" That's hasty generalization and can or can not be true. If you got burned by one or even two traders it doesn't imply that all traders supply sloppy merchandise or even that all quality is bad. I have seen some stuff that came from present and past members of this board, and the quality is just beautiful.

Make small trades to start and check the quality but most people want if the set is 45 disks, all in one trade. And make sure to ask a lot of questions, and state "if what you say isn't true, I expect my money back if it was a sale" If just a trade, bite the upper lip and look back and see if you could have done anything different. For those who follow wrestling, they may understand this. The first thing a new wrestler is taught is how to protect his oppenent and how to protect himself. Make sure you have safeguards in place when you trade.

Harvey
Old 07-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #26
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieo396
TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE THIS IS WHAT THE GOOD BOOK SAYS
OF COURSE THAT IS ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE IN A GOOD BOOK .
the good book also says not to run your mouth and call people liars on open baords

look at your original post

eddie, why dont you contact falc, and he and you and sheri can can becoem a cartell, seeing as how your his new best buddy now

becasue as sure as darkness follows the light, i wouldnt even sell you my cats dried up turds

so dont even think ill change my mind ever

be like your other buddies i cut off, use a fake name or a shill like falc to do your procurement
Old 07-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #27
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
Is Loren running for politics or something? All these people coming out of the closet at once; it's like a smear campaign.
im not running for anything

its just one disgruntled person piggybacking on the next one

one couldnt pull a scam and get a refund on mr ed, even after his keeper sold a copy on ioffer, and after a moderator vefified the set was complete, no refund here either--wrong

another assumed that i was the only person in the world who had an uncut hazel set, of course if thats so important, why didnt dude ask that up front?? it would have saved all that issue- im not refunding due to episode lenghth, and i would fix any missing episode, but he only wanted a refund--wrong

and the other just decided that since i didnt answer him in like a couple minutes, i must be ducking him,a nd when i did answer him and tell him i would be gone all week, TO SEND ME ONE EMAIL WITH HIS ISSUES, AND ILL LOOK IT OVER WHEN I GET BACK, he went balastic and attacked me on the board, of which hes so sorry for now,--i would have fixed the missing episodes, but i wasnt given a chance

all three of these have nothing to do with trades

all were sales

and all were dealt with, in a timely manner,

i have done several thousand trades and sales,and this is the best you can bitch about??
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #28
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

The only thing I want people to consider is this

Why has no one come forward with complaints till now?

I am not choosing sides, I am not educated enough on this circumstance-

But it seems quite a few are piling on, and if they are legit complaints fine so be it.

but ask yourself when your posting, why nothing was said till now?
I just poured through the feedback section and none of this has been an issue before.

So I am curious, why now that a member has a problem, people are saying things.

Is it because they want to make the original compainer feel vindicated?
Or to jump on the coat tales of a complaint that didn't see the light of day previously due to lack of courage or fear of standing alone.
If it wasn't worth complaining before, why is it now.

I don't have an issue with complaints-
I dont have an issue with valid problems- and them being discussed publically if all other avenues were attempted.
But I dont want to see a lynching either.

So before taking someone to the jury I only want each poster to ask themselves if they attempted to bring this to resolve before now-as I don't want to see some only posting to get a few quick jabs in, because the opportunity is there.

All I am asking is consider what you are posting- as things liek this can, and often do get out of control.

Just some advice, take it or leave it...but I want to see the thread stay above the bar- no personal information, no copies of emails or proof of sales- No swearing - discuss it or fight it, but do it intelligently.

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #29
loren

if i wronged someone

step up

state your case

but the absolutely weak stuff i see above, is just that

very weak

i didnt know it wasnt uncut and need a refund---wrong next

i cant find mr ed eps, even though a moderator made the set and reaffirmed it was complete----and i want a refund--wrong next

the eddie thing was handled by eddie very poorly, i would have taken care of him, either by getting the disc fixed , or a n adjustment of some type, he didnt allow me that , he sought them elsewhere

and i surely cant be expected to compensate him for his expenses, if i wasnt given the chance to fix it

every one who trades-sells--gives away disc, will have an episode problem at times

if i posted every time i had a missing one or a missing disc come to me, i would be posting all day everyday about it,

most people pass it off on the original source--example--thats the way i got it from --stinky34

i take responsibility for my items,i do something, although it does take time to find and get the eps at some points, or something in its place to make up for the issue

no one is going to sit there and tell me you look over every episode that you trade--sell-give away, im not buying that one at all

so dont sit there and hold me to doing that,
Old 07-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #30
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of traders here don't possess the greatest quality stuff. The shows are taken from TV, the quality is not very good and chances are the shows will not be uncut. And fact is, there is nothing better than the quality of an official DVD release. If your favorite show is not yet available, have patience because new stuff is being released all the time and more than likely what you're looking for will eventually be out there. TVShowsOnDVD.com is a great source to find out what shows are available on DVD.
Trading is not for everyone. If quality is the most important thing to you, steer clear of trading. Yes, there are many shows on the trading circuit that are not the greatest quality. But when you realize that many originated from multi-generation VHS recordings and are not commercially available & may not be for a very long time, then it's really not that big of a deal. Even shows that ARE released commercially, take a long time. IE, Bewitched. They've only released 3 seasons so far. Yes, I'd guess eventually they will all be released commercially. Some day.

One thing I'm fairly certain (not 100%, tho) is original/classic/Marshall Hollywood Squares will never be released commercially. I have 115 episodes that were shown on Game Show Network in 2000 (IIRC). And it's 99.9% certain GSN will never show them again, since they were a bust with their younger audience, who tend to prefer the newer versions. I call the quality "good", but I'd MUCH rather have what I have than nothing at all.

Oh and then there are the film shorts & unsold pilots that will most likely never be released commercially or even shown again.

Dean Martin show. I have several. Will THEY ever be released commercially? Probably not, since the late Greg Garrison had the copyrights & put out his own 29 disc set that was a "best of". Each disc followed the format of the original show, but each segment was culled from several episodes. IE, the opening song from one episode, comedy sketches from a couple other shows, "song on the piano" segment from yet another show. I'm fairly sure whomever inherited the copyrights will continue to push the existing set, since it's the easiest & least expensive thing to do.

...Metallica
Closed Thread