Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: More Cable; 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild AwardsŪ Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 20, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Showtime and Pop; Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Talk Hit Sitcoms

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

Default APOLOGY TO LOREN PLEASE READ

THIS THREAD IS TO APOLOGIZE PUBLICLY TO LOREN WEEKS FOR ACCUSING HIM OF LYING ABOUT GOING ON A TRIP. A MISSION IMPOSSIBLE SET I HAD WAS MISSING 3 SHOWS AND LOREN WAS GOING ON A TRIP AND COULDNT IMMEDIATELY CORRECT THE PROBLEM. I CAME DOWN QUITE HARD ON HIM AND WRONGLY SAID THAT HE WAS AVOIDING CORRECTING THE PROBLEM.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Hmm

It takes some courage to post a public apology.
I don't know all the details, but I do know regardless of anything else- Loren has always been honest.

I hope things have gotten resolved, but even if not- its important we all realize form time to time we take things too far or too personally.
I myself included.

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Oh No burnt bridges

Sometimes words that are said cannot be withdrawn

if i recall correctly you didnt just come down hard on loren, you came down hostile and harsh and with both guns blasting--- if im not wrong u started several different threads about the same thing, and they got quite ugly and personal--- and it ended up with name calling and ugliness

now i cannot speak for loren, and i dont know his mindset and i dont pretend to

but i do know that sometimes, words that are spoken or in this case written in anger--- might seem different once the person calms down and rethinks it all

but once its out there, its out there

and since the previous comments were so long and so angry, i was a little suprised to see such a short and vague follow up weeks later

now im not involved in this issue at all, and i have no issues at all wth eddie and i aint defending or judging anyone, but i will say that often times
once a bridge is burnt--- its burnt! and sometimes comments are made that "im sorry" doesnt erase from the memory of those who read them

as for this particular scenario, i cannot comment ----- but again, there was such anger and rage in the previous comments that the damage might be unsalvageable

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
Dragonbear
balibt eisl kuschn
Frequent Poster

but i do know that sometimes, words that are spoken or in this case written in anger--- might seem different once the person calms down and rethinks it all

And the final word on acceptance should come from loren. It seems that
everytime someone takes the time to apologize for saying something stupid
(and we've all done it once or twice), Just how sincere they were always
comes into doubt. It's probably why more people don't make public apologies
for the dumb things they say. Why should they when they know that they'll
get crucified on the tree of public opinion.

Your absolutely right as well in saying sometimes words cannot be withdrawn
once they are said. But those who do not have the capacity to forgive should question whether they should be looking for that capacity in others.

Savage was correct to the fact that it took guts to post a public apology
to loren. And whether it's accepted or not, whether we think it's sincere
or not. It should be respected that it was given.

balibt eisl kuschn

http://www.savagetradersonline.com
Old 07-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #5
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
r

now im not involved in this issue at all, and i have no issues at all wth eddie and i aint defending or judging anyone, but i will say that often times
once a bridge is burnt--- its burnt! and sometimes comments are made that "im sorry" doesnt erase from the memory of those who read them

as for this particular scenario, i cannot comment ----- but again, there was such anger and rage in the previous comments that the damage might be unsalvageable

Uhmmm you cannot comment, didn't you just?

I think an apologies validity is to be determined between the person who makes it, and to whom they make it.

I dont think anyone else has the right to say if it will be worth something or not.
Obviouslly if this user were to apologize to you, it wouldn't be worth anything. You have made that clear- but you seem to be dismissing the apology FOR Loren.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default not my intent

not my intent at all
just voicing my feelings

and yes, its between 2 others
so we will see where the chips fall
Old 07-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #7
loren

on the surface this looks like a authentic apology

but given a number of facts, its just a ploy to get me to forget what he ranted about me, and return me back to providing eddie with discs,

i have private messages and emails from eddie that even offer to provide me with other discs to -get back-on my good side

to bury the hatchet

my principals have always gotten in the way of being a trader and a dvd whore

but my principals need to be followed

ill not ever give into to threats

ill never deal with anyone who calls me a liar in a open message board

ill never deal with anyone who posts numerous rants about me that were filled with malice and the intent to drag my name through the mud

eddie went on a rant tear about --one--episode of a set

he emailed me numerous times, and posted before i even read the emails--i was out of the house that aftrenoon

when i did answer him, he called me a liar that i was leaving for a week on vacation

im retired, i travel in the summer, i have 17000 miles on my goldwing since march, and will get another 3000 this week

and he called me a liar that i didnt check over my copy

i did check my working copy, as i stated

his one of 41 discs was an older version, made before the episode was replaced

i make 3-5 sets at a time, sometimes a set gets missed , on the stock shelf, when a reworked disc is made

i had even forgotten about the episode change

no matter, no one needs to pitch a fit like that, even if i sent him a set of the smurfs instead of the correct one

i told him to look the stuff over and send me --one--email and when i get home from vacation, il take care of it

but no, he needed to rant and pitch a public fit

no sir, theres no apology in the world that can undo the damage to my reputation that you inflicted

no sir, even if you were stark raving mad, its no excuse for thsat behavior

no sir, you can keep your apology

no sir, ill not deal with you in this lifetime

and i sure hope that others will see the fit you threw and do the correct thing, and pass on getting involved with you

and no sir, i will not discuss anymore about it

and no sir, ill not read any emails or pms from you as well

and sir, as far as im concerned, you ceased to exist that day
Old 07-10-2006, 09:09 AM   #8
T-Greg

I would suggest that before anyone sends a nasty/hurtful letter or email to anyone, wait a day to rethink it. Chances are, once you've slept on it, you will realize it's not the correct action to take. Passions run high immediately after you think you've been wronged and you do not think with a clear head. Think ahead to the possible consequences of your actions. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #9
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Greg
I would suggest that before anyone sends a nasty/hurtful letter or email to anyone, wait a day to rethink it. Chances are, once you've slept on it, you will realize it's not the correct action to take. Passions run high immediately after you think you've been wronged and you do not think with a clear head. Think ahead to the possible consequences of your actions. Just my 2 cents.

good plan

and at least give a person a chance to fix a minor problem before they run three negative threads about it, and spew threats

theres zero reason to throw a hissy fit in public for one episode
Old 07-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #10
marvelousmarcus
Frequent Poster

Loren-you have principals? Please don't make me laugh. Save the holier than thou attitude for another site. Accept the guy's apology or not who cares, but stop wasting server space with this soap opera!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #11
Beavis
Forum Regular

Enough already!

Stop picking on Loren..

Loren's cool!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #12
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

ouch it hurts that my apology was not accepted, for anyone really interested in the facts please review the thread where all this occurred. in never name called as loren did and i dotn even think i specifically called him a liar. yes i admit to being mad and taking it to the board but there are obviously other ISSUES that loren has with me. the truth is the problem was on THREE EPISODES NOT ONE AND ANYONE WITH THE MISSION IMPOSSible SEASON 5-7 SET WILL SEE IT. THE CONFIRMATION CAN BE SEEN ON THE THREAD i found the 3 shows on my own and emailed loren with that info i didnt need to get any discs from him. i never cursed, name called or any other inflammatory statements. this upgraded set that loren now claims was never mentioned in any of his replies . BE AWARE THAT IF ANYONE DECIDES TO PURCHASE DVDS FROM LOREN DOnt EXPECT HIM TO DO A THOROUGH AND COMPLETE EXAMINATION OF YOUR COMPLAINT IN REGARDS TO A SET BEING COMPLETE.. anyone with any questions just email me and i will be glad to answer them. i have never had any problem with anyone else except but when someone disrespects yes i do get MAD. YES i was hoping to resolve hings with loren because as many of you know he has the one of the biggest collections of shows on the internet and as i have mentioned before on the said thread he normally had given me speedy service. however that still doesnt excuse his LACK OF respect for me on the complaint.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:39 AM   #13
loren

nice try eddie

first, eddie cant tell a story without fabrication

his post was about one episode, he made all that over one episode

and had he not posted, i wouldnt have ever responded

names, incorrect, i stated facts

i said eddie was ignorant, not a name , but a fact, he couldnt read

he still cant read

i posted i wouldnt deal with him ever again

AND YESTERDAY HE EMAILS ME AND WANTS TO PURCHASE ITEMS AGAIN, I GUESS THAT PROVES HE CANT READ

i also stated he was a liar, once again not a name, just a fact

eddie made a statement that i didnt look at my disc--i surely did

then made a statement that i lied about being on vacation

which of course i was

and now he tries to tell people that he didnt tell any lies in the matter

hello, have someone read the previous posts that you wrote , to you

seems funny how eddie threw such a fit, and then just yesterday wants to get more items from me, and now when i post in an open forum, that i woudlnt do anything with him ever, and i then respond to him that i wouldnt even sell him my cats old dried crap, now he decides to try and discredit me again

i guess he can just blame that on being ,mad again

nice touch eddie

im sure they will be lined up to deal; with you now

please also note, that eddie didnt allow for me to even read his complaint email, about the ONE episode, and he already had a post on sitcoms that he needed it

i dont care one bit that he got it somewhere else, HE DIDNT NEED TO, i had the one epsiode on my redone disc that i was checking when he ranted, had he given the least bit of decency, he would have had it as soon as i returned , but he decided to make up stories and call me a liar,and make threats

at the second he made the threats, he ceased to exist in my book, I DONT PLAY THAT.

eddie you can make up new lies, or retell your old ones, or whatever you need to do

the fact is, you crossed the line, accused me of being a liar, posted with malice, and just plain acted incorrectly

if you want to continue to get beat on, come on back, i got plenty more for you,

eddie before you tell another story thats a lie, re read your original post, funny how the story above and this story you told dont match
Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #14
falc04
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieo396
BE AWARE THAT IF ANYONE DECIDES TO PURCHASE DVDS FROM LOREN DOnt EXPECT HIM TO DO A THOROUGH AND COMPLETE EXAMINATION OF YOUR COMPLAINT IN REGARDS TO A SET BEING COMPLETE.. anyone with any questions just email me and i will be glad to answer them. i have never had any problem with anyone else except but when someone disrespects yes i do get MAD. YES i was hoping to resolve things with loren because as many of you know he has the one of the biggest collections of shows on the internet and as i have mentioned before on the said thread he normally had given me speedy service. however that still doesnt excuse his LACK OF respect for me on the complaint.
Eddie..sounds like almost the exact situation that I found myself in with Loren a while back. The 'complete' 29 disc Mr. Ed set he sold me was actually missing 6 episodes. I gave him the info on the missing episodes, and asked (in a very civilized way) if he could send me the disc with the missing episodes. Well, his emails turned into long, ranting, hatefill messages...accusing me of being a scammer. I'm still not sure how he came to that conclusion, since I would have gladly paid for the missing disc. But, when all was said and done, it was obvious his set did not contain these missing 6 episodes, and he was not about to take his uncomplete set back.

I basically realized that I was dealing with a somewhat unstable person, and decided the best thing would be to drop it and move on. I suggest you do the same, and just stay far clear from him.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:57 AM   #15
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

hello your post replies always have an air of arrogance hmmm readers judge for yourselves. the original thread said i had found 1 show and there were others . i discovered those and as meNtioned this was the THIRD SET THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY COMPLETE AND WASNT AND THAT IS A fact. mr weeks would make an excellent politician. i dont worry about people lining up to deal with me apparently you are. if soemone does read my threads i give loren credit for soMEthings however when he was wriong i pointed it out but like i mentioned there are other ISSUES that he has with me . I WONDER WHAT THEY ARE HMMM
Closed Thread