Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

Default random, everyday moments that remind you of UM

Ok so we're all big fans of UM, right? Sometimes I have these random little moments where I can't help but be reminded of the show and laugh!

I recently moved to Phoenix and I work as a pharmacy tech. Anyway, the other night I filled an Rx for a woman whose first named started with a B and whose last name was Bean. I was like, could this be the blushing bride of the infamous Bob Bean?! (obviously when you're bored at work you think of these things, lol)

Also, last night I was taking my break on our patio at work when I heard rustling in the bushes. My first thought was, "omg Chupacabra!" I even saw glowing eyes...it was a stray cat.
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
MegtheEgg86

I love this thread already.

- I posted recently in another thread about my passing a sign for Swansea, South Carolina while on the interstate and wondering why that sounded so familiar. The truck driver interviewed in the Gail Delano segment was from Swansea.

- Bologna and cheese = forever Permon Gilbert.

- I was knitting something with a golden-colored yarn a couple of weeks ago and kept thinking of the Ted Loseff segment and that "mustard-colored shirt".

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Every time I'm driving down the road and I see a dirty pick up truck, I always look to see if there's a fish decal in the window.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
elg0rd0
Just wanna play video games.
Frequent Poster

The world is a lot stranger than I thought in my imagination.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Every time I'm driving down the road and I see a dirty pick up truck, I always look to see if there's a fish decal in the window.
Whenever I see a Jaguar, I think of Ed Baker.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

Nice thread! Well, it's storming where I am so two episodes come to mind.

The "I can make it rain kid"

and the family who somehow has the worst luck getting struck by lightning.
TheCafeDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #7
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCafeDisco

and the family who somehow has the worst luck getting struck by lightning.
Last week there was a huge thunderstorm and I thought of this one. The lightning was so close that the brightness of it was more intense than I've ever experienced before. I sometimes think of this segment when going through a storm and want to hurry inside so I don't end up like the poor guy who got hit in the doorway!

Also:

1) Any mention of grills- ''I gotta light the grill'' Devin Williams

2) Maybe I'll have spaghetti for dinner thoughts= ''Well, we can go into my house for some spaghetti'' Colleen Reed segment. Sad one, but that line is funny.

3) You guys will laugh at me for this one, but whenever my back gets really hot, I still think of the SHC episode with the lady who caught fire randomly!

4) Seeing tacky, flashy jackets---> Tony Alamo

5) Red wine and coffee or mention of really sensitive skin--> Kelly Finnigan
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
dynoguy88

Last week I went to an ATM to withdraw a 20 after dark (around 9:00 p.m.) and all I could think about was the people on this board yelling at me for doing such a thing.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #9
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
- I was knitting something with a golden-colored yarn a couple of weeks ago and kept thinking of the Ted Loseff segment and that "mustard-colored shirt".
When I saw the word 'golden', I thought you were going to say Miss Katie's gold flakes

I'm reminded of UM all the time, probably too many times to mention. I know I've said this before, but I've always wanted to work the phrase "I didn't think all of that could come from one pina colada" into my conversations one day.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #10
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I'm reminded of UM all the time, probably too many times to mention. I know I've said this before, but I've always wanted to work the phrase "I didn't think all of that could come from one pina colada" into my conversations one day.
I remember that.

That also makes me think of Huey Littleton's use of the word "furrow", which I have thereafter always associated with him.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I sometimes pronounce the word "head" like "heed" kind of the way Norman Ladner's father does.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:37 AM   #12
ohtova
Occasional Poster

I recently saw a TV commercial advertising a business, whose telephone number began with 1-800-876....
ohtova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:01 AM   #13
RobinW

I can't tell you how many times I've seen a Pepsi machine and started visualizing it with the logo blacked out like in the Connecticut River Valley Killer rest stop attack scene.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #14
justins5256

Today I went through customs at the border and was wearing sunglasses. The border patrol officer asked me to take them off. It took every bit of self control to not say "why?!"
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #15
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Today I went through customs at the border and was wearing sunglasses. The border patrol officer asked me to take them off. It took every bit of self control to not say "why?!"
Same segment connection: I'm about to move back to the US after working overseas and don't want to end up saying anything like this:

"I closed out a bank account. I forgot to fill out the forms. I'm sorry!"
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote