Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-14-2002, 03:01 PM   #46
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

Question

Hello, I'm a regular viewer of Unsolved Mysteries and I absolutely love the show.

I just wanted to know if any one is familiar with the following "UM" cases: One night a man is standing in front of either a club or a bowling alley.He asks a few people to give him a lift and they decline until a man finally agrees to give him one. All of a sudden, the guy starts acting crazy and forces him(driver) to stop at a rest stop.They get out of the vehicle and walk towards a phone in front of a store at the rest stop.Out of nowhere,the guy(suspect) pulls out a knife and threatens to hurt him if he didn't give him some money.They both then walk back to the driver's vehicle and proceed to get back in it.The driver was the first one to get back into the vehicle while the suspect hadn't gotten back in the vehicle yet and was just approaching the passenger side.The driver saw this as an opportunity to get away from him and suddenly sped off leaving the him behind. After this,the driver seemed so surprised as if he couldn't believe what had just happened. He had an "Oh my god, what in the heck just happened?" look on his face while breathing hard obviously relieved that he had gotten away from him. The driver all of a sudden looked in his rear view mirror and saw the same guy walking back toward the direction of his(driver's) house. After the driver realized this, he drove back in the direction of his house and saw that the window of the front door had been shattered.He immediately got back into his vehicle and approached a police officer. He and the officer then drove back to his house and went in. They went upstairs and found his 80-year-old mother stabbed to death in her bed. His mother was stabbed by the same guy whom he had given a lift earlier that night.

This story freaks me out to this day and it must've been a nightmare for that guy(driver).

Do you know of this story?

Also,the other case I would like to know if you know of is the case concerning the death of a young college student by the name of Keith Warren. He was found hanging from a tree one day by the police.
Attached Images

Last edited by SitcomsAreTheWay; 07-14-2002 at 03:06 PM.
SitcomsAreTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 09:19 PM   #47
Or So It Seems
Frequent Poster

Those are some haunting cases. The first almost seems too unbelieveable to have really happened.

There have never been any updates on either case. If you can get me some names of the people I can do a Lexis-Nexus search.
Or So It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 10:09 PM   #48
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Or So It Seems
Those are some haunting cases. The first almost seems too unbelieveable to have really happened.

There have never been any updates on either case. If you can get me some names of the people I can do a Lexis-Nexus search.
I agree, it is unbelieveable. It was too much of a coincidence that it was the driver's house the suspect was walking toward. It was said that he was high on cocaine at the time.

And the Keith Warren case is strange. I continuously wonder why the police seem to shun away from his family as if they have something to hide.

I'm sorry but I don't know any names other than Keith Warren's. The next time the episodes air, I'll be sure to write down the names or better yet, I'll tape the episodes.
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2002, 07:27 PM   #49
Or So It Seems
Frequent Poster

Default an update has been posted

Someone was kind enough to post an update to Dorothy Donovan's murder (the woman killed in her home by the hitchiker her son picked up). Check it out.
Or So It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:58 PM   #50
Jed
Occasional Poster

The Beverly McGowan Case was the one that really scared me. I remember seeing it back during its original broadcast, when I was 9 years old. The guy in the cleopatra wig has played host to many of my nightmares through the years. It was just such a bizarre and pointless murder. Back then I remember thinking, "this will never be solved." Now we know who was responsible for Beverly's death, but will we ever know "Why?"

I also remember a case about an elderly woman who returned home from a trip to find that her husband had been murdered and that his truck had been stolen. Some time later, two young men entered a supermarket with a mangy looking man, who wore his hair in dread-locks. The boys told the store clerk, while the man with the dread-locks talked on a pay phone, that they were hitchhikers and that this man had picked them up. They said that the man was crazy and had bragged to them about robbing and murdering an old man. It's been a very long time since I've seen this segment, so I may have gotten some of the details wrong. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or know if there's been any updates to this case?

Last edited by Jed; 07-20-2002 at 01:38 PM.
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 12:42 PM   #51
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Jed
The Beverly McGowan Case was the one that really scared me. I remember seeing it back during its original broadcast, when I was 8 years old. The guy in the cleopatra wig has played host to many of my nightmares through the years. It was just such a bizarre and pointless murder. Back then I remember thinking, "this will never be solved." Now we know who was responsible for Beverly's death, but will we ever know "Why?"

I also remember a case about an elderly woman who returned home from a trip to find that her husband had been murdered and that his truck had been stolen. Some time later, two young men entered a supermarket with a mangy looking man, who wore his hair in dread-locks. The boys told the store clerk, while the man with the dread-locks talked on a pay phone, that they were hitchhikers and that this man had picked them up. They said that the man was crazy and had bragged to them about robbing and murdering an old man. It's been a very long time since I've seen this segment, so I may have gotten some of the details wrong. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or know if there's been any updates to this case?

I remember this case very vaguely also.The name Beverly McGowan does sound familiar to me though.

I'm trying very hard to remember the second case, I don't think I've ever seen it. Well maybe I have but I just don't remember. Sometimes UM takes awhile to show certain cases again. You wish to see them but they just take so long to air them.
Attached Images

Last edited by SitcomsAreTheWay; 07-20-2002 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:56 PM   #52
GeorgiaboyJeff!
Forum Regular

Stuff about UFO's & Alien Abductions really get to me..Sometimes I believe these people are telling the truth & sometimes I am not scared..I absolutely hate watching those abduction stories late at night.... I get all paranoid & I am afraid to go to sleep because I think Aliens are going to go in my room & abduct me LOL
GeorgiaboyJeff! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 12:40 AM   #53
ziggy4500
Guru
Frequent Poster

actually just reading these posts at 1 am in the morning by myself is scary enough
ziggy4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 09:12 PM   #54
justins5256

For me, the scariest episode was one "special alert" about the abduction and murder of a 2 year old girl named Rachel Runyan(sp?). Her killer etched a threatning message in a bathroom stall that said something to the effect of "I killed the little Runyan girl. I am still alive! Beware!". It was signed with an upside-down cross and "666".
Never solved to my knowledge.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 12:57 AM   #55
TKramer15
Occasional Poster

Default Scariest Episode

The alien abduction stories are tough for me to watch, but there really haven't been many of those at all on Unsolved Mysteries. I love watching the ghost stories. They really interest me. I thought the scariest was the one with the family in Wisconsin. I believe some people have already mentioned that one. There were some really eerie scenes like where a ghost appears right above the guy's face while he's sleeping. My favorite stories are the Resurrection Mary, the Gurdon Light, and the one with the guy who makes it rain inside. I think my friends and I are gonna make trips to Chicago and to Gurdon, Arkansas in hopes of seeing some ghostly activity.
TKramer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:22 AM   #56
rubber1234
Frequent Poster

in response to that story about the woman and boy who were kidnapped in new mexico . i agree that was easily the scariest story. just the sight of that photo freaks me out! incidently, there are a number of sites about that case. you'll find the links in that unofficial UM website episode guide.
rubber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:19 PM   #57
rerungirl
Forum Regular

There are plenty of cases that were really unsettling but these are probably at the top of my list:

1. Creepy guy lurking near the atm (Matthew Chase case)

2. Judy Kirby is alive and living in Omaha

3. Unidentified young woman who was found at the bottom of a cliff in California. A cab driver let her out in that area the night before because she didn't have full cab fare.

4. Disappearance of a factory worker the same night platinum was stolen from the building. Security cameras caught him on tape...but was he was he part of the robbery or just an innocent victim?

5. The murder of a priest and the disappearance of another one under very similar circumstances.

6. The murder of a man who left his home in Canada because he said someone was trying to kill him. His body was discovered several days later in the parking lot of a hotel in Tennessee. There were many bizarre twists to this story and I don't believe the murder has ever been solved.
rerungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 02:04 PM   #58
EyesoftheNile
Frequent Poster

Default Freaky Stinky moments

Dude, I think that there have been at least ten different episodes that really freaked me out- and Im unfreakable!!!! LOL

Ok- the Minnesota ICE man was scary.

That segment on that Australian Pilot vanishing over Tasmania was scary too.

And lots mo'.

Love

me
EyesoftheNile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:56 PM   #59
LEWISN2
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by SicilianGecco
I'm familiar with most of the segments already mentioned, and they affected me, too.

Another one that frightened me was about an elderly couple that parked their Winnebago at a rest stop. In the middle of the night, a man came in with a shotgun and killed the woman almost immediately. Fortunately, her husband was able to jump out and roll under the vehicle. The killer then stepped outside and shot another motorist at point blank range. The story itself is scary, and the actor who played the killer was very effective at striking fear in my heart! I've seen the segment recently, but I've never seen an update.
I saw this episode. It freaked me out. The music when they showed the computerized drawing of the man who broke in was really freaky also. I wish I could see it again. I had recorded it but it was erased. If someone could give some info on this it would help me alot. Thanks.
LEWISN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 03:32 PM   #60
Sir Rhosis
Occasional Poster

I agree with those who posted that the "Update" music is scary, that and the way that Stack fairly shouts, "UPDATE!"

This despite the fact that I was well into my twenties before the show even premiered, unlike many who were scared by it as children.

The one that most freaked me out is the one (later solved) where the young man videotapes his arsons and you can hear his hoarse voice whispering somehing like, "Loooook at it! Beautifil," etc.

Sir Rhosis

--Don Henley
Sir Rhosis is offline   Reply With Quote