Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane


New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #16
ddelta
Member
Frequent Poster
 
ddelta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07, 2003
Posts: 206
Default

I must say the one eyewitness I did not believe was in the Brad Bishop case. The former co-worker of his who then claimed to run into him in Italy. The story was just too unbelievable to me. He happens to run into him all angry on his way out of work that day and gets him a cab and then 2 years later runs into him in a bathroom in Italy? Sorry didn't buy it. He seemed to be one of those people who put them into stories. Just my opinion of course.
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

Well, personally, it would not surprise me if the co-worker did see Brad Bishop or at least thought he saw him. I do not think this co-worker would have any reason to purposely lie. Whether or not he actually saw Brad Bishop is another story but I think the co-worker honestly believes he did see him. Ironically enough, a lot of the sightings of Bishop have been by people who knew him. In 1978 he was seen in Stockholm, Sweden by a family friend. In 1979 the co-worker claimed he saw Bishop in Sorrento, Italy and in 1994 a former neighbor claimed they saw Bishop on a train platform in Switzerland. Bishop did love Italy and in fact spoke Italian I believe. I tend to believe that Bishop is still alive and is probably living somewhere in Europe.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
Apostapler
Member
Forum Regular
 
Apostapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 860
Default

I forgot about Leonard Rizzo! That creep is still free and four people's bones were found in his freakin' back yard! How much evidence is needed? It boggles my mind.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,783
Default

I'll second on believing the Dowalibys. David Dowaliby suffered a miscarriage of justice so gross it's hard to watch the segment sometimes. Speaking of MOJ, I always believed Paul Freshour was 100% innocent of any wrongdoing in the Circleville Writer case.

I do not believe:

Kurtis Croft (He knew far more than he was willing to share with police. I think it's incredibly obvious.)

Cecilia Fish (I think she also knew a lot more than she was willing to share about Jeremy Bright's murder, but only after having read some more about the case. I haven't decided if I believe the "bloody shirt" story or not.)

Tom McFall's theory about his son's death being linked to a murderous cult (I feel terrible for his loss, but I personally believe Kurt's death was accidental.)

The snuff film allegations in the Rachel Runyan case. (I believe she was abuducted and murdered, but am extremely skeptical of that theory.)

The theories about Chad Langford and Justin Burgwinkel's "undercover work" or "secret missions".



I think most of us agree Cindy Anderson's father had a strange demeanor during the interview, which is suspcious, but I don't believe he had anything to do with her disappearance.

In retrospect, it's sickening to watch Chuck Dixon praising Kevin Hughes for his "fairness" in the latter's segment, when it was revealed later that Dixon was in fact at the center of Hughes' murder.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #20
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
I forgot about Leonard Rizzo! That creep is still free and four people's bones were found in his freakin' back yard! How much evidence is needed? It boggles my mind.
Not only were there lots of bones found in Leonard Rizzo's back yard, but DNA testing confirmed that the missing wife, Monika Rizzo, was found among those bones, in 3" and smaller fragments, most likely having been put through a woodchipper, yet "the San Antonio District Attorney still lacks enough evidence to file charges."

WTH? Her dead body is chopped up into pieces, intermingled with other dead bodies, and all dumped in the suspect's back yard, but the DA doesn't have enough evidence to file charges? They even found a bag of human flesh in his yard! Holy crap! (And IIRC, there were bones of a human hand in his BBQ grill.)

Basically, Leonard Rizzo is sitting there with his wife's murdered body in his lap pointing a "guilty" finger at him, and there's not enough evidence to file charges?

If having multiple murdered bodies in your possession isn't enough to get your ass arrested, I'd like to know exactly what kind of crime you have to commit in San Antonio before the DA will start looking in your direction. Geez, this guy is a Jeffrey Dahmer or a John Wayne Gacy. Exact same circumstances concerning the location of bodies. Unbelievable.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

I dont know, I personally think Chad Lankford was involved in something that was undercover. It just seems like there is more evidence there to show that. I tend to doubt he committed suicide. However the military does have a track record of covering up things like this. Burgwinkel I tend to have more doubts about. I am not sure what was up with him, I do not know if he had a nervous breakdown and wanted to get away from the service or what happened to him. I mean, his car being parked at some out of the way location. Who knows?
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I dont know, I personally think Chad Lankford was involved in something that was undercover. It just seems like there is more evidence there to show that. I tend to doubt he committed suicide. However the military does have a track record of covering up things like this. Burgwinkel I tend to have more doubts about. I am not sure what was up with him, I do not know if he had a nervous breakdown and wanted to get away from the service or what happened to him. I mean, his car being parked at some out of the way location. Who knows?
I don't intend to speak ill of the dead, but I strongly feel SPC Langford was probably involved in illegal activities, as speculated in the segment. Nonetheless, CID did some pretty questionable things in the investigation, and I totally disagree with the suicide theory; I definitely think he was murdered. The Army is a cross-section of American society. It has its small-time crooks, dealers, and thugs---as a matter of fact, it's still a problem, especially amongst the junior enlisted.

A garrison MP who routinely works patrols (as on the night of his death) doesn't seem a likely candidate for undercover narcotics work. Generally (I emphasize generally, however), police do not work both undercover and patrols---they're assigned to one or the other, in order to keep from being possibly recognized as an officer. This would be especially important on a military base, which is significantly smaller than a municipality (and Red Stone Arsenal is a relatively small post).

Didn't Langford change his MOS to MP only after coming to Red Stone Arsenal? That's the way it seemed to be implied in the segment, but I don't know this for certain. If that is in fact the case, though, I do not see a newly qualified MP soon going into undercover work before he or she has had a significant amount of patrol time under the belt.

How does the military have a track record of covering up suspicious deaths? Just curious as to your reasoning.

I think SPC Burgwinkel was also involved in criminal activities, and attempted to make the situation seem like "undercover work" (which he wasn't very good at, IMO). It's common for some young enlisted to create stories about their duties or accomplishments. I call it the "Ranger complex." It happens in all services and branches, from the Army to the Air Force, from infantry to intel. The behaviors range from wearing unauthorized ribbons, awards, and patches to lying in 201 files, promotions packets, and job applications to impersonating an officer (or a higher rank). I think Burgwinkel suffered from this, as well as being caught up in some things he shouldn't have been.

Like you said, there's no telling, though.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #23
MissFit29
Member
Forum Regular
 
MissFit29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna3
The man whose mother went to the casino and disapeared - he had that weird hairstyle - I always thought something weird and dishonest about him
Tim McClure. He was actually arrested for the crime at one point but the charges were dropped.

Ditto on Larry Gibson, Don Dixon, Paul Pollis, Chad Noe, Leonard Rizzo, Curtis Croft, Judy Groezinger....

How about Don Sherman? Even his daughter thinks he killed his wife.

Some speculate the guy in the Joyce McClain story who found her might have something to do with her disappeance.

Tracy in the Dakota Double Death story is definitely not telling the whole story. Spinning out from an intersection will not make you flip your car.

I'm curious why someone had Colleen Ritter on their list.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #24
HHorseman
Member
Frequent Poster
 
HHorseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 23, 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29

I'm curious why someone had Colleen Ritter on their list.
I didnt think she was very honest about what went on between her and Richard their had to have been more to the story then what we heard,do you not ever see people interviewed that you just didnt trust something about them is off that is what I felt when I watched her speak.
HHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #25
Mastermind
Member
Senior Member
 
Mastermind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 16, 2008
Posts: 1,842
Default

Quote:
I think SPC Burgwinkel was also involved in criminal activities, and attempted to make the situation seem like "undercover work" (which he wasn't very good at, IMO). It's common for some young enlisted to create stories about their duties or accomplishments. I call it the "Ranger complex." It happens in all services and branches, from the Army to the Air Force, from infantry to intel. The behaviors range from wearing unauthorized ribbons, awards, and patches to lying in 201 files, promotions packets, and job applications to impersonating an officer (or a higher rank). I think Burgwinkel suffered from this, as well as being caught up in some things he shouldn't have been.
He could also have gotten involved with paramilitary or terrorist groups as well. Like a militia type organization of right wing fanatics like the Kingman Arizona militia.

He could also have gone to become a mercenary and died overseas.

There are also a lot of "spy and soldier" wananbe groups who try to play wargames and go one missions that have no real strategic purpose but to similate operations.

During the fall of the Berlin Wall, there were a lot of these nostalgic wananbe groups that popped up.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #26
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
He could also have gotten involved with paramilitary or terrorist groups as well. Like a militia type organization of right wing fanatics like the Kingman Arizona militia.

He could also have gone to become a mercenary and died overseas.

There are also a lot of "spy and soldier" wananbe groups who try to play wargames and go one missions that have no real strategic purpose but to similate operations.

During the fall of the Berlin Wall, there were a lot of these nostalgic wananbe groups that popped up.
Yep. All quite plausible, all quite true.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #27
marlins3
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 22, 2007
Posts: 365
Default

I completely don't understand why you think that of her. Some people point to her lack of emotion in the segment. Unsolved Mysteries was a taped show. The interview with her could have been hours and they cut out parts where she was very emotional. As far as what happened between her and Richard, that kind of stuff happens everyday (teenagers are friends...they start dating...it doesn;t work out...they break up). Richard had some serious problems to take the measures he did (I think he got mixed up in something at college) as 99.99% of all teens wouldn't even think of going as far as what Richard did (though this is becoming slightly more prevalent with the teaching of moral relativism).
I am (always have been) a pretty good judge of people. Within minutes I can generally tell you what a person is like and if they are fairly trustworthy or a little "off" (for example, a lady at my wife's work talked to me once for 3 minutes. I told my wife that lady was a little "off" and had a weak grasp of reality. My wife said I was crazy and her coworkers said they didn;t see that in the lady either. Several weeks later, everyone said that I was right). Very, very rarely is my initial impression wrong. On television it is much harder to make judgements because the segments are edited, you are not there in person with them (think about Danny Wheeler. He looked like a deer in headlights which was probably due to the presence of the camera taping his interview.), etc. I'm not saying you are wrong to feel that way about Colleen. I just didn't get that impression of her.

BTW, Rick Church was very bright and a decent athlete. You know why he was working fast food when arrested? Fast Food restaurants (especially then) were about the only job he could get (he was probably qualified for much more) where they wouldn't do a bunch of reference checking and catch that he was wanted.
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #28
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

I will actually agree with Marlins on this one. It sort of irritates me when someone thinks someone else 'is not telling everything' because they are not balling their eyes out the whole time. I do agree with Marlin that TV interviews are heavily edited and the actual interview probably lasted an hour or more yet you only saw brief snip its of the interview that tend to make the interview more exciting or juicy than it actually was. Or it is edited in a way to make the person being interviewed look bad. Now with the internet, sometimes you can access full tv interviews whereas you would only see 5 minutes or so of the interview in a general television segment yet the actual interview itself as over an hour and the person would come off as totally different in the whole interview as opposed to the 5 minute snip it shown on tv. Of course your average person either doesnt know or maybe does not care to know this.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #29
HHorseman
Member
Frequent Poster
 
HHorseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 23, 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins3
I completely don't understand why you think that of her. Some people point to her lack of emotion in the segment. Unsolved Mysteries was a taped show. The interview with her could have been hours and they cut out parts where she was very emotional. As far as what happened between her and Richard, that kind of stuff happens everyday (teenagers are friends...they start dating...it doesn;t work out...they break up). Richard had some serious problems to take the measures he did (I think he got mixed up in something at college) as 99.99% of all teens wouldn't even think of going as far as what Richard did (though this is becoming slightly more prevalent with the teaching of moral relativism).
I am (always have been) a pretty good judge of people. Within minutes I can generally tell you what a person is like and if they are fairly trustworthy or a little "off" (for example, a lady at my wife's work talked to me once for 3 minutes. I told my wife that lady was a little "off" and had a weak grasp of reality. My wife said I was crazy and her coworkers said they didn;t see that in the lady either. Several weeks later, everyone said that I was right). Very, very rarely is my initial impression wrong. On television it is much harder to make judgements because the segments are edited, you are not there in person with them (think about Danny Wheeler. He looked like a deer in headlights which was probably due to the presence of the camera taping his interview.), etc. I'm not saying you are wrong to feel that way about Colleen. I just didn't get that impression of her.

BTW, Rick Church was very bright and a decent athlete. You know why he was working fast food when arrested? Fast Food restaurants (especially then) were about the only job he could get (he was probably qualified for much more) where they wouldn't do a bunch of reference checking and catch that he was wanted.
Thats wild about your wifes co worker, I know theirs some people that I really dont think anybody has a clue about what they are until after the fact, like for instance the BTK Killer or John Wayne Gacy.

I dont disagree alot of us are good judges of character but I know even the best judges of characters can get duped into thinking someone is alright and it turns it their not maybe I watch to much 48 Hours Mystery. Thanks for letting me have an opinion I know some people find that hard.
HHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #30
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,722
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Okay... two things to address here:

1. I totally believed Rob Schafer's account of what happened to Angela Hammond (I'm actually shocked it wasn't mentioned earlier...) I just watched this segment again and his entire demeanor screams defeat of someone who in his own words, "was close enough to get her, but just couldn't get the job done." It breaks my heart every time I see it...

I also believed Jeremy, whose girlfriend Heather was beaten to death by "Tom Johnson." Another heartwrenching story, especially considering that Jeremy himself met a premature end as well....

The folks I don't believe I think you've all hit. Paul Polis and his family are at the top of my list, with Chad Noe and Company close behind them. Stephen Marfeo was also suspect...

I also don't believe the woman who said that Judy Himes was alive and living in Omaha.


2. Okay... as to the earlier comments about Leonard Rizzo and why he hadn't been charged with murder. I think I can address this, although it may not make some folks happy:
First of all, further investigation showed, at least to my memory, that there was only ONE set of bones found in the backyard. Those bones belonged to Monica Rizzo. Now there's absolutely NO disputing that Monica most likely was murdered. Just because her bones were found in her husband's backyard is NOT CONCLUSIVE evidence that Leonard did it. If Leonard were to be charged with murder and prosecuted with just that piece of evidence, I'm pretty sure he would be acquitted because there's too much reasonable doubt that someone else could have done it. Someone else could have killed Monica, chopped up her body, and disposed of it in Leonard Rizzo's backyard. Gross, but you have to admit it's a possibility because there's no evidence suggesting otherwise.

Additionally, the theory is that Monica was ran through a woodchipper. Okay. Is there any evidence that Mr. Rizzo owns a woodchipper? If he owned one, did they find any blood in it? These are all questions that a jury would ponder. Based on what UM presented, it looks like the general concensus is that Leonard Rizzo probably killed his wife, but you'd have to prove it in court beyond a reasonable doubt.

You've only got ONE shot to make your conviction in a criminal case. If Mr. Rizzo were to be taken to court and acquitted, he'd be forever cleared of Monica's death. My guess is that there are too many questions in the case at this point and the prosecutors don't want to risk letting a killer get away because they blew their case with only circumstantial evidence.

Hopping off my soap box now...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.