Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #46
clinikillz
Occasional Poster

Here's an update from someone alleging to be Kyra's daughter:

"Kyra is doing very well. She is a mother of four, a teacher, and married for a little over twenty years now. To my knowledge, she has regained her memories, or at least enough of her memories that she was able to recognize her family and friends within the following few years. For obvious reasons she doesn't speak about what happened, but when I found out via the internet what happened to her (I am her daughter) she disclosed little information to me. She had lost her senses of taste and smell, has a lump in her hair from where she was hit, and tells me she knows nothing about the incident, and that she'd rather discuss the future."
clinikillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #47
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinikillz
Here's an update from someone alleging to be Kyra's daughter:

"Kyra is doing very well. She is a mother of four, a teacher, and married for a little over twenty years now. To my knowledge, she has regained her memories, or at least enough of her memories that she was able to recognize her family and friends within the following few years. For obvious reasons she doesn't speak about what happened, but when I found out via the internet what happened to her (I am her daughter) she disclosed little information to me. She had lost her senses of taste and smell, has a lump in her hair from where she was hit, and tells me she knows nothing about the incident, and that she'd rather discuss the future."
Welcome to the board, and thank you for that!

Just curious, how did you get into contact with Kyra's daughter and where did you see this information?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #48
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Welcome to the board, and thank you for that!

Just curious, how did you get into contact with Kyra's daughter and where did you see this information?
It was in response to a Topix thread I started some time ago. Here is the thread. I think this has been posted here before, but maybe on a different thread.

http://m.topix.com/forum/city/cathla...G9MPG8MIHL6G63
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:05 AM   #49
clinikillz
Occasional Poster

justins5256 is correct. I forgot to link the topix thread from which I got the information.
clinikillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #50
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

One thing that I forgot to mention about this segment that I found odd:

After Kyra goes to the police station and says she didn't know who she was (and without identification), they took a picture of her and put it in the local paper, and that's when her mother called the police.

Now what's odd about this to me is that Kyra went to the police station sometime in the afternoon, before they would have had time to run her picture in the paper on that same day. Assuming at the earliest, they got the paper to run it the next day, that would have been roughly 17+ hours that Kyra was not reported missing by her parents. The date of the incident was on a Monday. Her mom says she was supposed to mail a letter off to a friend and then come home. What's really odd is that her parents did not report her missing, or contact police or any hospitals to see if they had seen her. Could this have been due to Kyra's "wild side"?
Old 05-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #51
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

Where on earth are y'all watching this clip? It's not on Amazon, is it?
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:33 AM   #52
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke74
Where on earth are y'all watching this clip? It's not on Amazon, is it?
It's on Youtube. It's the Dennis Farina version, season 8, episode 7.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #53
Jon
Forum Regular

Her story is much more believable than any amnesia story on UM, because she was found in her hometown, they put her picture in the paper and she was reunited with her family the next day.

It seems like with most amnesia cases on UM, the first order of business is to get on a Greyhound and get at least 2000 miles away, since that's the logical thing to do if you don't know who you are (sarcasm).
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:34 PM   #54
unsolved1981
Frequent Poster

Rule of thumb with amnesia cases - real ones will result from a major head injury (Susan Laferte, and of course Kyra Cook).

False ones - 'wandering in the desert'.
unsolved1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #55
justins5256

At this point, Iím really wondering if she just tripped and fell down or something mundane like that. The attack scenario seems kind of far fetched and the police didnít seem to believe it.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:53 AM   #56
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256 View Post
At this point, Iím really wondering if she just tripped and fell down or something mundane like that. The attack scenario seems kind of far fetched and the police didnít seem to believe it.
That's more believable than the scenarios laid out on UM.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #57
reese-o
First Time Poster

Umm...HOW ON EARTH did Kyra know she was missing her brown paper bag with money and makeup inside...when she couldn't remember anything else? How did she remember that she even had a brown paper bag with money and makeup?
reese-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #58
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese-o View Post
Umm...HOW ON EARTH did Kyra know she was missing her brown paper bag with money and makeup inside...when she couldn't remember anything else? How did she remember that she even had a brown paper bag with money and makeup?
It could be something as simple as her family saw her leave with the bag, and she didn't have it when she arrived at the police station.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:16 PM   #59
justins5256

I'm glad I made that Topix inquiry when I did and that someone was kind enough to repost it here. Apparently, Topix no longer has message boards or something.