Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #256
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
David Dowaliby saying his mother went missing at the same time as Jacklyn and then turned up. Nothing more was said about it, made his mother look like a suspect, which I wonder if he meant to do and whether she got grief over it.
I believe it was verified that she out gambling/partying that evening. I forget the particulars, but she was definitely cleared by LE.
Quote:

I can't find this case but I know I saw it on UM. Two mothers with young children in the early 1960s stall a car on train tracks with a train coming. Maybe it happened faster in real life than on the reenactment, but they spend forever trying to save the car and don't get the kids out first? (My dad and I were yelling at them to do this, but noooooo.) So one mother and at least one child are killed. The daughter of the dead mother and identical twin of the dead child was looking for her mother's sister...who they had somehow not kept in touch with...think she found her but the whole case just smelled.
This is one of the ones I haven't seen in years and STILL remember yelling for them to get out of the car. I couldn't believe that they stayed on the tracks trying for so long to get the car moving, especially with three kids in the back. However, there are a couple things to keep in mind
1) They probably had way less time in real life than they did in the reenactment, like you said
2) Panic can cause people to do the strangest, non-rational things.

I seem to remember that everyone in the car died except for one of the daughters (her name is Ladonna, forgot the last name) and that they did have a reunion.

Oh, wait, here's the wiki page: http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...LaDonna_Alfano

There were FIVE kids in the car, according to this. Such a sad case. Ever since I saw this one as a kid I've said that I would jump out of the car right away if a train was coming and I stalled on the tracks!
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #257
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I seem to remember that everyone in the car died except for one of the daughters (her name is Ladonna, forgot the last name) and that they did have a reunion.

Oh, wait, here's the wiki page: http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...LaDonna_Alfano

There were FIVE kids in the car, according to this. Such a sad case. Ever since I saw this one as a kid I've said that I would jump out of the car right away if a train was coming and I stalled on the tracks!
Now that you mention, I did seem to connect the name Donna but I wouldn't have remembered LaDonna or enough to find the case, so thanks for that.

I hope you didn't stall on railroad tracks too often, but if so, not only get out of the car, but get FAR AWAY from it, as you don't know which way the car or parts of it may go when the train strikes it. To see video of a MIRACULOUSLY NON-FATAL incident, try Googling "train hit truck A man in Turkey survived with minor injuries".

Last edited by Cori aka ChrisSCrush; 12-08-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:37 PM   #258
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I'm not a conservative, but I have to admit I laughed at those "I'd Rather Go Hunting with Dick Cheney Than Driving with Ted Kennedy" bumper stickers.
Remember that Saturday Night Live sketch in 1980?
Old 12-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #259
Necco

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I believe it was verified that she out gambling/partying that evening. I forget the particulars, but she was definitely cleared by LE.

This is one of the ones I haven't seen in years and STILL remember yelling for them to get out of the car. I couldn't believe that they stayed on the tracks trying for so long to get the car moving, especially with three kids in the back. However, there are a couple things to keep in mind
1) They probably had way less time in real life than they did in the reenactment, like you said
2) Panic can cause people to do the strangest, non-rational things.

In addition to the above possibilities, the driver may also have been concerned for the people on the train. I don't recall if it was a freight or people train, but even if it was freight, there's a chance they didn't know that. I can see a driver thinking they had to save their passengers AND the people on the train and to do that, they had to move the car.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:26 PM   #260
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Georgia Tann. Okay, the woman grabs children off the street, at least one parent is told where her child is, and the parents don't just go storming in, grab the kids, and have everyone involved arrested? And the mother's biggest excuse was she didn't own a car or have money for a cab? And she didn't know anyone else who had a car or even a phone to call authorities, when any normal mother would be taking names and kicking ass? I may have said this before, but WHAT THE??? Two movies and a book were based on the case but I don't know if anything could ever fully explain how this occurred at all let alone went on for 26 years! When did the FBI start handling kidnap cases? Why did it take the state to bust this up when it took place over a five-state area and should have been a huge federal case? You couldn't make this stuff up...you'd never get away with it!

Well, from what I've read on Georgia Tann's Wikipedia page, Georgia pretty much had the entire legal system of Tennessee in her pocket. Georgia was also smart, preying mostly on poor single mothers who lacked the finances needed to fight her.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #261
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPD Yellow
Well, from what I've read on Georgia Tann's Wikipedia page, Georgia pretty much had the entire legal system of Tennessee in her pocket. Georgia was also smart, preying mostly on poor single mothers who lacked the finances needed to fight her.
Thanks for bringing that up because once I started thinking about it again I haven't got it out of my mind, seriously wanting to grill the woman from that episode!

Okay, I am a young single mother of a daughter two or three years old, who has not only been brazenly snatched while playing in a public park, (um, why am I not on the phone now, hysterical--even if I didn't see her taken, she is missing--don't I want to know what happened to her?) Then someone calls and tells me where she is, asking me to come down and sign off my parental rights! Fine, I have no car, can't afford a cab, none of my neighbors with cars are home, either my town doesn't have a bus line or I can't get to where it runs.

Why am I not on the phone hysterically demanding a police car come over and drive me to collect my kidnapped child? Obviously, if someone called and told me they have her, I have access to a phone. The fact that I don't even care to so much as show up at the court hearing almost makes me deserve to lose my daughter!

Instead, I say, oh, well, easy come, easy go and wait till we are reunited by a TV show after 32 years! If I were the daughter, I'd be all, Mom, what gives? I repeat, what the???

The daughter's name was Cindy Lou Presto and I can find nothing else online regarding the aftermath of this case including a search in the book The Baby Thief at Amazon.com. Does anyone know who the mother was and what answers she had if any to her absolutely inexplicable behavior concerning this matter? If someone so much as took my cat--if it was just missing, bad enough, and I would leave no stone unturned--but if I knew someone else had it, and who that was--I would be taking names and kicking ass!

Last edited by Cori aka ChrisSCrush; 12-12-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #262
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

Georgia Tann's approach was more to offer to take a kid to get some kind of necessary medical treatment, then later claim to the mother that the kid in question died. So many times the mothers didn't even know that their kids were still alive. And like I said, Georgia did have the entire legal system in her pocket, so assuming they went to the police...yeah, the poor mother would be facing an uphill battle to convince the authorities to do anything.

From what I heard, the only woman who managed to get her child back from Georgia Tann. Basically she went to the building where Tann kept the kids before sending them out to other families, saw her baby through the window, reached in through the window, and took her child back.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #263
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Georgia Tann's approach was more to offer to take a kid to get some kind of necessary medical treatment, then later claim to the mother that the kid in question died. So many times the mothers didn't even know that their kids were still alive. And like I said, Georgia did have the entire legal system in her pocket, so assuming they went to the police...yeah, the poor mother would be facing an uphill battle to convince the authorities to do anything.
Yes, at least one such child has written a memoir. Wonder what she said respecting the bodies if the parents wanted them back for burial...probably claimed they'd been put in some paupers' grave to spare the parents having to pay for a funeral!

Quote:
From what I heard, the only woman who managed to get her child back from Georgia Tann. Basically she went to the building where Tann kept the kids before sending them out to other families, saw her baby through the window, reached in through the window, and took her child back.
See, it doesn't surprise me that someone did this. What overwhelms me is that only one person is documented to have done this! What normal parent (single or otherwise) wouldn't be kicking down doors to get their kid back?
Old 05-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #264
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I can't remember if I posted on this thread already and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this moment yet, but...

I always crack up at the same part of the Judy Olive segment. There is a reenactment of Judy meeting up with Ulysses Roberson after they have been apart for some time and she has given birth to his son. She introduces the baby as "Alexander". Ulysses looks at the baby and says "Alexander?...No, I don't think so...we'll call him...Salaam!" The actor's delivery here is just so nonchalant and he continues on like it's no huge thing that he just renamed the kid who he was meeting for the first time.

Did anyone else think that was wild? I mean, WTF?!?! Is that how it actually went down?
I'm so glad you said that because I've always thought that was like OMG okayyyy then LOL, when he changed the kids name. That whole segment was a but bizarre to me. No offense to Judy Olive but the way she describes the encounter,
'Next he was giving me a massage then he was on top of me and then before i knew it we were engaged in sexual intercourse and i conceived my son that night'
Old 05-14-2016, 11:16 PM   #265
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Can I please mention that in the Cheri Sizemore and Robin Stevens segment, they play this like....wind pipe type music for Yong-Sun, like in the part where they send her off to visit a friend.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:56 AM   #266
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
Can I please mention that in the Cheri Sizemore and Robin Stevens segment, they play this like....wind pipe type music for Yong-Sun, like in the part where they send her off to visit a friend.
Haven't seen that one, only read about it. Is that the one where they steal her stuff while she's gone?
Judyhymesisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #267
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

For me, it will always be when Marie Hilley faked her alias's death and then returned as her twin sister.

What. THE. Heck?!?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #268
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
For me, it will always be when Marie Hilley faked her alias's death and then returned as her twin sister.

What. THE. Heck?!?
Yeah that one was definitely a WTH one!!
Judyhymesisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:57 PM   #269
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

And of course karma bit Marie in her ass. Hard. When she got sick.
DazzlerSparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #270
NYSleuth
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci

What. THE. Heck?!?
Yes! LOL the whole segment reminded me of a bad soap opera storyline.
NYSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote