Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #226
WishfulDreamer

I know the police did eventually look into the guy more carefully, but in the Kirkpatrick segment when they say they traced a suspect, ''but his name wasn't Sean or Don so the trail grew cold.'' So?! Like the guy would really give his real name anyway. Then after more phone calls from people who recognized the voice they finally search his house.

That poor girl in the Amy Billig segment who said she was sold four times in the first year she was captive before she even turned 13. Maybe not a ''what the?!'' moment per se but it is crazy to think about things like that happening. I want to find more information on her.

Donna Brown's two prior husbands being murdered. What a tragic coicidence.

Any suspicious death where the victim is not wearing their own clothes (Keith Warren, Debbie Wolfe) and the police insist that there's no foul play. Particularly Debbie Wolfe's case because she was wearing clothes way too big for her, including a bra three sizes too large. Yeah, not suspicious at all.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #227
WishfulDreamer

The guy who became obsessed with John Lennon and started dressing and talking like him. I always found that really amusing except for the fact that he kidnapped his daughter and hid her from her mother for 8 years.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #228
isotope
Frequent Poster

Edward Harold Bell

Where we learn that after shooting someone dead at point blank range in front of their own mother, and then trying to kill two cops (only failing because his gun jammed), Bell is then GRANTED BAIL!!!!!

I understand the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing, but there cannot be too many jurisidictions in the world these days that would grant bail to such an individual, particularly given the strength of the case against him
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #229
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
The guy who became obsessed with John Lennon and started dressing and talking like him. I always found that really amusing except for the fact that he kidnapped his daughter and hid her from her mother for 8 years.
I only like that episode because I get to hear Robert Stack say my last name lol The mom kinda annoyed me though
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #230
amandab1234
Forum Regular

I mentioned this one in the "People You Didnt Like" thread, but I think it's also a WTF moment. It's the Pat Melbach case. She was an heir to the “Dodge” estate. She was put up for adoption but I think she just wanted to connect with someone from that side of the family. She clearly stated she didn’t want any money. But her daughter chimed in and said she did want money and felt that she was entitled to it. I mean, if you mom didn’t want it, I don’t think you are entitled to it either… Just the way she said it, made me say WTF!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #231
WishfulDreamer

The guy in the Ice Man segment who is convinced to look at the exhibit and before going in is all, "It's totally fake" then comes out dazed and walks away just saying that it's amazing and nothing else. Was he being sarcastic, cryptic? Was he really wowed by it? I know it adds to the mystery that this guy had such a reaction, but I wonder if it went down quite like that in real life.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #232
bluejazz87
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
The guy in the Ice Man segment who is convinced to look at the exhibit and before going in is all, "It's totally fake" then comes out dazed and walks away just saying that it's amazing and nothing else. Was he being sarcastic, cryptic? Was he really wowed by it? I know it adds to the mystery that this guy had such a reaction, but I wonder if it went down quite like that in real life.
I was curious about that too. I would have chased him down and keep asking him about what he thought about it instead of letting him walk away.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #233
JWalker78
Occasional Poster

I can think of two moments right off the top of my head.

1. Charlotte Pollis- During the interview with her mother, she mentions how she and Charlotte would talk on the phone about 14 times a day. 14 times a day??? Seriously???

2. Black Hope Curse- This man sees a couple of floating apparitions in his house, and he follows them to his bedroom. When he gets there an apparition is standing at the foot of his bed. He charges at it and jumps through it, landing right on top of his wife. I said "WTF??" its hilarious to watch.
JWalker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #234
WishfulDreamer

Edward Harold Bell getting released on bail after shooting a man in cold blood.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #235
WishfulDreamer

In the Tommy Burkett segment, when the police officer tells the family that the shooting probably happened while they were driving down the street, contrary to all evidence. If he really said this, why? Why would you say such a thing? Especially when the medical responders had already told the family it had been several hours? I thought that was a bit "WTF" moment. It's almost as though he was trying to make them feel worse.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #236
Kiki88
Occasional Poster

Hey all, long time lurker but a big fan of the show I've learned so much here about old cases I remember watching years ago and had wondered what ever happened with them.

Anyways, someone else mentioned the Judy Olive segment. To me that entire segment was a "what the?" The way she talks about how she and Ulysses Roberson ended up sleeping together was so weird to me. She says something along the lines of "All of a sudden, we were having intercourse." Like she didn't realize that was probably going to happen once she got into bed with him? IIRC she said she had been drugged beforehand, but it's just so strange the way she talks about it in the UM interview like she didn't really care that Ulysses had taken advantage of her like that. I would be completely outraged! Just a strange case to me. Unfortunately, I don't think she was ever reunited with her son. He would be in his 30's today.
Kiki88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #237
here_thar_be_yetis
Frequent Poster

I always thought the couple in the car were CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY to go back to the scene where they had seen DePue dumping the bloody blanket....after he'd followed them and they'd seen blood all over the door of his van.

WTF. Some people have no sense of self-preservation.
here_thar_be_yetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #238
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by here_thar_be_yetis
I always thought the couple in the car were CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY to go back to the scene where they had seen DePue dumping the bloody blanket....after he'd followed them and they'd seen blood all over the door of his van.

WTF. Some people have no sense of self-preservation.
I guess DePue didn't look threatening to them.

Maybe if he was driving this they wouldn't have stopped

SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:56 AM   #239
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki88
Hey all, long time lurker but a big fan of the show I've learned so much here about old cases I remember watching years ago and had wondered what ever happened with them.

Anyways, someone else mentioned the Judy Olive segment. To me that entire segment was a "what the?" The way she talks about how she and Ulysses Roberson ended up sleeping together was so weird to me. She says something along the lines of "All of a sudden, we were having intercourse." Like she didn't realize that was probably going to happen once she got into bed with him? IIRC she said she had been drugged beforehand, but it's just so strange the way she talks about it in the UM interview like she didn't really care that Ulysses had taken advantage of her like that. I would be completely outraged! Just a strange case to me. Unfortunately, I don't think she was ever reunited with her son. He would be in his 30's today.
Ulysses Roberson has already been charged with the murder of his son but his remains have never been found.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Alexander_Olive
Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #240
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234
Ulysses Roberson has already been charged with the murder of his son but his remains have never been found.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Alexander_Olive
Yep, I remember being really happy upon hearing the news that he was finally charged. I think there were reports that someone who looked like Alexander (with severe mental problems) was spotted when he would have been of adult age. But I think that those sightings were incorrect and Ulysses murdered him, just as he was charged. I think Alexander never made it to Lake Tahoe and may have already been dead/dying when carried out of the house and seen by one of the wives.