Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #151
wiseguy182

Nancy Salem rushes home becuase she thinks her daughter Shafaa has been kidnapped by her violent, estranged husband (which she has been), but stops to go get the luggage out of the trunk of her friend's car first.

what the....?
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #152
RobinW

Tom Dixon, who possibly may have been responsible for the disappearance and murder of Gary Simmons, visits a junkyard and asks for them to get rid of his car. After being told that they can only flatten his car, Dixon asks for advice on how to completely get rid of it. Without hesitation and without displaying any suspicion whatsoever, the junkyard guy simply says: "Put a brick on the accelerator and drive it straight into the Missouri river!".

What the...
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:07 AM   #153
MegtheEgg86

After all the atrocious lies and deceit Jack Lutter put his wives through, I was absolutely astonished that NONE of them made a move to turn him into the authorities. I seem to recall his wife Caroline making some comment about how his excuse for his month-long absence was that he was held in a Cuban prison and managed to gain release (which she did admit that she didn't believe at all). Then, when he finally comes back, and after she confronts him, and after he ADMITS to what he's actually been doing, she allows him to spend the weekend with her!

To each her own, but if the man I was married to turned out to be asinine and deceitful enough to commit such an act as that, there isn't a way in all hell he would be wiling his hours away with me over a weekend.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #154
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
After all the atrocious lies and deceit Jack Lutter put his wives through, I was absolutely astonished that NONE of them made a move to turn him into the authorities. I seem to recall his wife Caroline making some comment about how his excuse for his month-long absence was that he was held in a Cuban prison and managed to gain release (which she did admit that she didn't believe at all). Then, when he finally comes back, and after she confronts him, and after he ADMITS to what he's actually been doing, she allows him to spend the weekend with her!

To each her own, but if the man I was married to turned out to be asinine and deceitful enough to commit such an act as that, there isn't a way in all hell he would be wiling his hours away with me over a weekend.
Yeah, unfortunately, I think the segment addressed the fact that a lot of these women came from male-dominated cultures and seemed to be raised with the mindset of always staying devoted to your husband, no matter what, even if he was the most deceitful liar imaginable. I have no doubt that Lutter probably took that into consideration when selecting his victims.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #155
RobinW

Just noticed that in the segment about Dan Marino and his home improvement scams, they show a newspaper ad his crew used to advertise his services and their contact number has the phoney 555 prefix! Of course, I'm sure UM probably recreated that newspaper ad from scratch and wanted to avoid using a real phone #, but it just seems amusingly appropriate that a group of con artists would be using a 555 number.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #156
justins5256

I can't remember if I posted on this thread already and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this moment yet, but...

I always crack up at the same part of the Judy Olive segment. There is a reenactment of Judy meeting up with Ulysses Roberson after they have been apart for some time and she has given birth to his son. She introduces the baby as "Alexander". Ulysses looks at the baby and says "Alexander?...No, I don't think so...we'll call him...Salaam!" The actor's delivery here is just so nonchalant and he continues on like it's no huge thing that he just renamed the kid who he was meeting for the first time.

Did anyone else think that was wild? I mean, WTF?!?! Is that how it actually went down?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #157
marlins3
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Tom Dixon, who possibly may have been responsible for the disappearance and murder of Gary Simmons, visits a junkyard and asks for them to get rid of his car. After being told that they can only flatten his car, Dixon asks for advice on how to completely get rid of it. Without hesitation and without displaying any suspicion whatsoever, the junkyard guy simply says: "Put a brick on the accelerator and drive it straight into the Missouri river!".

What the...

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I've mentioned this before on the forum. It is a reenactment. The emotions, voice inflection, etc are not those of the real people. Perhaps the junkyard he visited in real life had a reputation because the guy running it was not , shall we say, "salt of the earth".
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #158
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins3
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I've mentioned this before on the forum. It is a reenactment. The emotions, voice inflection, etc are not those of the real people. Perhaps the junkyard he visited in real life had a reputation because the guy running it was not , shall we say, "salt of the earth".
Oh, I realize that, but half the "WTF" moments in this thread are due to the reenactments and not the facts of the actual cases themselves. I just found it strange that they could make a scene with someone casually saying a line of dialogue like that and no one thought it looked silly or unbelievable.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #159
MBW0529
Occasional Poster

Its been years so I don't remember specific names from any of the cases.....

I remember a case where a woman had been abducted by I believe her boyfriend who she had either already broken up with or had been attempting to end a relationship with...he went to excruciating lengths to abduct her and then make sure she could not get away for several days...then all of a sudden she asks him to use the bathroom at a restaurant when they're sitting there eating, the bathroom is behind him and she just gets up and walks out and leaves just like that...you'd figure after all that he'd at least follow her back there.

Another one which to this day drives me crazy was this case of this couple just being haunted by an apparent tormenter in and around their home...the entire thing started when the wife was knocked unconscious by a man who had come into the house one day asking to make a phone call, it then escalated to wierd notes and noises at all hours of the night in and outside the house...after months of this they had about 10 different people in and outside the house one night watching what was going on yet somehow this supposed person managed to still smash the side of the house making everyone jump out of their seats...I believed the 3 or 4 times I saw the episode that either the husband or someone in the family was behind it in some way and that the initial incident was likely just a coincidence and probably unrelated.
MBW0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #160
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBW0529
Its been years so I don't remember specific names from any of the cases.....

I remember a case where a woman had been abducted by I believe her boyfriend who she had either already broken up with or had been attempting to end a relationship with...he went to excruciating lengths to abduct her and then make sure she could not get away for several days...then all of a sudden she asks him to use the bathroom at a restaurant when they're sitting there eating, the bathroom is behind him and she just gets up and walks out and leaves just like that...you'd figure after all that he'd at least follow her back there.

Another one which to this day drives me crazy was this case of this couple just being haunted by an apparent tormenter in and around their home...the entire thing started when the wife was knocked unconscious by a man who had come into the house one day asking to make a phone call, it then escalated to wierd notes and noises at all hours of the night in and outside the house...after months of this they had about 10 different people in and outside the house one night watching what was going on yet somehow this supposed person managed to still smash the side of the house making everyone jump out of their seats...I believed the 3 or 4 times I saw the episode that either the husband or someone in the family was behind it in some way and that the initial incident was likely just a coincidence and probably unrelated.
I remember the first case you wrote of. That was definitely a WTF. The second case you wrote of is The Wackers. It's been WIDELY discussed on here (emphasis mine...lol). If you'd like to read about any of the specifics, just do a search...it's all over the place on here. Some of the arguments are fairly entertaining. Personally...I have no opinion on the matter. I wasn't there. Although I do concur that there are a LARGE amount of WTF moments and things that don't necessarily add up in that case...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #161
WishfulDreamer

I love this thread and want to revive it! I just saw the Johnny Lee Wilson segment again, and when they mentioned the billboard proclaiming his innocence, then RS says that the billboard was "fire bombed" by an unknown party! What on Earth? I've never heard of anyone doing that to a billboard before! Maybe vandalizing it, but damn that was surprising.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 AM   #162
RobinW

Okay, in the Tony Miller 150th solve case, is it just me or does the actor in the re-enactment who plays Joseph Clark, the criminal who confessed to the robbery, look like a white guy wearing blackface makeup?!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #163
Hambone2421

Anything that Chad Noe or his relatives said during the Wendy Camp segment was a WTF moment. From Ida saying Wendy was just bitchin the whole time to Chad saying he admitted to the murders in a drunken stupor. WTF!?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #164
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Just noticed that in the segment about Dan Marino and his home improvement scams, they show a newspaper ad his crew used to advertise his services and their contact number has the phoney 555 prefix! Of course, I'm sure UM probably recreated that newspaper ad from scratch and wanted to avoid using a real phone #, but it just seems amusingly appropriate that a group of con artists would be using a 555 number.
Dan Marino, the former NFL quarterback? WTF?! I thought he was better than that.....

Last edited by Steve W.; 06-13-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #165
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
Dan Marino, the former NFL quarterback? WTF?!
Not the same guy