Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

One Day at a Time links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / One Day at a Time Photo Gallery

One Day at a Time - The Complete First Season

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete First Season on DVD
One Day at a Time - Season Two

Buy One Day a Time - Season Two on DVD
One Day at a Time - Season Three

Buy One Day a Time - Season Three on DVD
One Day at a Time - The Complete Series

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > One Day at a Time

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Viewers Discovering Cobra Kai Now on Netflix; ABC Announces Fall 2020 Drama Premiere Dates
ABC Officially Orders Katey Sagal Series, Cancels Stumptown; SNL Goes Live All October
CBS All Access to Rebrand as Paramount+ in 2021; Fox Says Let's Be Real About Election
Netflix Announces Good Times Animated Comedy; More Details on Fresh Prince Reunion on HBO Max
Disney+ Orders Doogie Kameāloha, M.D.; TBS Version of Wipeout Announces Hosts
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 14, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Prince Reunion Brings Unexpected Pair Back Together; Doogie Howser Reboot Officially Picked Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August/September)

Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season

06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #16
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
So that's an ODAAT reference right there.
Hey, you're right. I hadn't thought of that
Old 06-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #17
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
And Ernest Borgnine is so much hotter than Michael Lembeck !!! Speaking of EB , he was in that short lived TV show " Single guy" with Jonathan SilverMAn !!
That's the fourth Valerie related Max I can think of. Our Max, Ernie B, Peter Falk in the Christmas movie, and Carl Reiner is Max on Hot In Cleveland. Did you notice 3 of those characters in the more recent projects are old men? Is Max an old guys name now?
Old 06-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #18
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Michael Lembeck
I gave your boy an award winning shoutout yesterday in the actors who also directed thread.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=279513&page=3
Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 PM   #19
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
I gave your boy an award winning shoutout yesterday in the actors who also directed thread.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=279513&page=3
Awesome!!!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #20
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
That's the fourth Valerie related Max I can think of. Our Max, Ernie B, Peter Falk in the Christmas movie, and Carl Reiner is Max on Hot In Cleveland. Did you notice 3 of those characters in the more recent projects are old men? Is Max an old guys name now?

IDK?? That is a good question! To be honest , I really in my whole life have never personally known anyone named Max besides a pet! I swear, I have known dogs and cats named Max and TV/movie characters but I really have never met a boy or a man named Max!!! Maxwell Smart, Max Horvath, Maxwell Sheffield ( The Nanny) and the ones you listed. Seems to be a popular name for a character or a pet but well like I said I never knew any guy in real life named Max!

Max was also the name of the Son in the George Lopez show , also in the movie" Krampas" the Son was named Max, both little boys, not older men but again fictional !

Have you ever known anyone in real life named Max?
Old 06-07-2019, 11:27 PM   #21
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

I saw Rocketman today!! It was really good, but VERY EMOTIONAL , Sad really , poor Reggie Dwight! Very much got into his very early life and his insecurities! It was ROCKIN' , very much so, very much a musical from the very start ! VERY theatrical I bet Valerie cried her eyes out watching this!! I like Elton John, I consider myself a fan , but more of his music which is great, not so much into the man as she is , so if I thought it sad and emotional, I bet a REALLY hard core Elton John fan like her would be REALLY emotionally moved by this movie!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #22
MA
Forum Legend

My parents are going to see Oklahoma tomorrow afternoon as a late anniversary present. It was between that or Jersey Boys, and Oklahoma was picked.

What's really interesting is that the show hasn't been seen at the theater they are going to in over 25 years.

Last edited by MA; 06-08-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #23
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
IDK?? That is a good question! To be honest , I really in my whole life have never personally known anyone named Max besides a pet! I swear, I have known dogs and cats named Max and TV/movie characters but I really have never met a boy or a man named Max!!! Maxwell Smart, Max Horvath, Maxwell Sheffield ( The Nanny) and the ones you listed. Seems to be a popular name for a character or a pet but well like I said I never knew any guy in real life named Max!

Max was also the name of the Son in the George Lopez show , also in the movie" Krampas" the Son was named Max, both little boys, not older men but again fictional !

Have you ever known anyone in real life named Max?
Some research:

I went to the Social Security site and checked the top baby names of 2018. Max is still doing well currently. It was #135 on the boys list, which is quite high when you consider the list goes to 1000.

Valerie also still doing well, was 156 on the girls list
Old 06-08-2019, 01:00 PM   #24
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
I saw Rocketman today!! It was really good, but VERY EMOTIONAL , Sad really , poor Reggie Dwight! Very much got into his very early life and his insecurities! It was ROCKIN' , very much so, very much a musical from the very start ! VERY theatrical I bet Valerie cried her eyes out watching this!! I like Elton John, I consider myself a fan , but more of his music which is great, not so much into the man as she is , so if I thought it sad and emotional, I bet a REALLY hard core Elton John fan like her would be REALLY emotionally moved by this movie!
At least on social media, she hasn't mentioned seeing it. I do know they just started filming the new season of Kids Baking Championship, so there may not be time for movies right now.

Which did you like better, Rocketman or Bohemian Rhapsody?
Old 06-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #25
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
My parents are going to see Oklahoma tomorrow afternoon as a late anniversary present. It was between that or Jersey Boys, and Oklahoma was picked.

What's really interesting is that the show hasn't been seen at the theater they are going to in over 25 years.

Very cool!! Oklahoma is a classic!! Jersey boys would be good too , but I think they would probably get the opportunity to see that another time! I saw the movie version of JB .It was really good!!
Old 06-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #26
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
At least on social media, she hasn't mentioned seeing it. I do know they just started filming the new season of Kids Baking Championship, so there may not be time for movies right now.

Which did you like better, Rocketman or Bohemian Rhapsody?
Bohemian Rhapsody much better! I actually liked Echo in the canyon and A star is born better than Rocketman too!
Old 06-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #27
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Some research:

I went to the Social Security site and checked the top baby names of 2018. Max is still doing well currently. It was #135 on the boys list, which is quite high when you consider the list goes to 1000.

Valerie also still doing well, was 156 on the girls list

Michael is one of the all time top boys names for like 100 years !!!!
Old 06-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #28
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Very cool!! Oklahoma is a classic!! Jersey boys would be good too , but I think they would probably get the opportunity to see that another time! I saw the movie version of JB .It was really good!!
I don't think that's going to happen with Jersey Boys though, because we'll be on vacation when it's playing.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #29
MA
Forum Legend

Gotta go to work soon, so I'll be back later.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #30
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Michael is one of the all time top boys names for like 100 years !!!!
Yeah, Michael's a perennial. It was #14 for boys last year.

Barbara's dying off. It was down at #930 for girls!
Closed Thread