Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Renews The Moodys for Second Season; NBC Preparing to Put Peacock Into Flight
Fri-Yay: Never Have I Ever, Netflix's Best Sitcom; Ramy Gets Season 3 on Hulu
NBC Reviving Weakest Link; truTV's I'm Sorry Gets Charitable
HBO Max Orders Series Based on Hair Love; Comedy Central Inks Deal with John Mulaney
Dead to Me Picked Up for Final Season on Netflix; CBS All Access Orders Star Trek Animated Comedy
ABC to Rebroadcast Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family and Good Times Episodes on Tuesday (July 7); Anthony Anderson and Billy Eichner to Guest Host ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! This Week
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-30-2020, 04:43 PM   #91
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB View Post
When I click on one of the CTV shows I get this message instead of the video. Is there a way to watch it from the U.S.?

Many of the CTV Throwback series can be seen in the US on Crackle where I tend to get the same message when I try to enter that site. So that might be your best bet.

Crackle

TUBI

Airy TV

Archive

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

CTV Throwback
Sal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:52 AM   #92
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrad View Post
I'll look for a free account sign up option, thanks. I thought that I was doing that initially, but it asked me for a credit card.
Youíre welcome.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:56 PM   #93
Sal

Today is Canada Day and to celebrate the occasion for you, I found a page that lists a detailed account of every Canadian TV series that you can find on both free and paid streaming services in the US. The list can be found here:

Canadian TV Shows Available In The US - Page 1 (A-G)

Page 2 - Canadian TV Shows H-R

Page 3 - S-Z
Old 07-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #94
MA
Forum Legend

Thank you for those links Sal.
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:17 PM   #95
AB
Supernatural - Dean
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Many of the CTV Throwback series can be seen in the US on Crackle where I tend to get the same message when I try to enter that site. So that might be your best bet.

Crackle
Thanks for the help and all the information.
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:01 AM   #96
MA
Forum Legend

For those of you that have a Roku, here is a list of the classic television channels on there:
https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/classic-tv
Old 07-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #97
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
For those of you that have a Roku, here is a list of the classic television channels on there:
https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/classic-tv
That link didn't work for me but this one did:

Roku - Classic TV Channels
Old 07-03-2020, 10:47 PM   #98
Sal

Before getting into this week's titles, I would like to start by offering a little video tribute to the life and career of the great Carl Reiner by showing you some of his greatest work that is available to be watched online.

Your Show Of Shows/Caesar's Hour

Head Of The Family - The pilot for "The Dick Van Dyke Show" with Carl Reiner starring as Rob Petrie.

The Dick Van Dyke Show (Complete Series)

The 2000 Year Old Man - With Mel Brooks

Excavating The 2000 Year Old Man

- Documentary special from Shout Factory TV

Carl Reiner Tribute (Also from Shout Factory TV)

The Shout Factory collection includes an appearance that he made on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson". Each month, Shout Factory adds new highlights and chapters to the show but the latest additions have yet to appear on Tubi so I will give you the Shout chapters instead which are all up to date.

The Johnny Carson Show (All Seasons)

Season 1 - Animal Antics
Season 2 - Best Of Carnac
Season 3 - Best Of George Carlin
Season 4 - The Mighty Carson Art Players
Season 5 - Comic Legends Of The 50s
Season 6 - Comic Legends Of The 60s
Season 7 - Comic Legends Of The 70s
Season 8 - Comic Legends Of The 80s
Season 9 - Comic Legends Of The 90s
Season 10 - Best Of Jerry Seinfeld
Season 11 - Best Of Richard Pryor
Season 12 - Hollywood Icons Of The 50s
Season 13 - Hollywood Icons Of The 60s
Season 14 - Hollywood Icons Of The 70s

News from other providers:

---IMDB will stream all seasons of "Mad Men" beginning July 15 with a full marathon.

---Pluto TV will celebrate July with a full month of marathons, featuring a different theme from a different channel each day, which they are calling 31 Marathons In 31 Days.

New streams this week:

CTV Throwback - The Monkees (NBC 1966-68) (2 seasons, 53 episodes) - One of my favorite series of all time, about a struggling rock band who briefly challenged The Beatles on the Top 40 charts of the 1960s, is now making its free streaming debut. After the series ended, the group made a movie called "Head" which can be seen on CTV Movies. (US Links - Uncle Earl's Classic TV)

CRACKLE

21 Jump Street(1987) (Complete Series)

ROKU

Bewitched (Seasons 1-4)

Charlie's Angels (Seasons 3 & 4)

Hart To Hart (Seasons 1 & 5)

Starsky & Hutch (Seasons 1 & 2)

T J Hooker (Seasons 4 & 5)

I Dream Of Jeannie (Seasons 4 & 5)

Who's The Boss? (Seasons 3 & 4)

NewsRadio (Seasons 1 & 5)

Just Shoot Me (Seasons 5, 6, and 7)

Benson (Seasons 1, 2, and 3)

The Tick (Season 1)

IMDB TV

Dark Shadows (1966) (Complete Series)

3rd Rock From The Sun (Complete Series)

Ugly Betty (Complete Series)

TUBI

Garfield & Friends (Season 1)

AIRY TV

47 Classic Comedy TV - A mixed bag of classic sitcoms of the 1960s and 70s which for now has "All In The Family" and "Hogan's Heroes" but should have more titles coming soon.

On their "60s Classic TV" channels, they have added "The Andy Griffith Show" and "My Mother The Car".

UNCLE EARL'S CLASSIC TV CHANNEL

This weekend, celebrate Uncle Sam with Uncle Earl as he brings you the latest additions to his large classic TV catalog which now includes the following:

Lou Grant (Season 2)

MASH (Season 8)

That Girl (Season 3)

NewsRadio (Season 5)

Love American Style (Season 1) - A great series that I haven't seen on TV in a long time and is hard to find online. I'll be sure to check it out!
Old 07-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #99
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
That link didn't work for me but this one did:

Roku - Classic TV Channels
Sorry that the link didnít work for you.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:03 PM   #100
Sal

This week's news, notes, and free goodies from your favorite streaming providers:

This month, as part of its partnership with CBS, Viacom, and Comedy Central, Pluto TV is adding 40 more series to its collection as well as the first 10 seasons of "South Park". The series that will be featured will include the following:

Survivor
Star Trek: The Next Generation
The Amazing Race
Beverly Hills 90210
America’s Next Top Model
CSI: NY and CSI: Miami
Everybody Hates Chris
Jag
Melrose Place
MacGyver
Sister Sister
Scorpion
Numbers
Moesha

This new group is scheduled to debut on July 14.

Pluto TV Adds 40 CBS/Comedy Central Shows

If you think that was exciting, here's even better news:

CTV Throwback and CTV Movies: Seasons 1-6 of the family sitcom FATHER KNOWS BEST joins CTV Throwback on Thursday, July 16. The series follows the lives of the Anderson family, led by wise family man Jim (Robert Young, MARCUS WELBY, M.D.), his common-sense wife Margaret (Jane Wyatt, STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME), and their three children. Whenever the kids need advice, they can always turn to their father, because father knows best.

Source: CTV Programming Highlights: Week Of July 13-19, 2020

Speaking of CTV Throwback, their selections this week arrive in great quantity without much quality.

Between Brothers (1997) (FOX) (17 episodes) - An ensemble comedy about four single 20-somethings in Chicago and their lives. One is a sports writer, another a weatherman, and the last is a high-school teacher. Starring Kadeem Hardison ("A Different World") and Tommy Davidson ("In Living Color") (YouTube)

Grown Ups(UPN) (1999) (18 episodes) - A day-dreaming single guy works in a box factory, still pining over a crush he had in high school. Starring Steve Urkel himself, Jaleel White.

The Real Ghostbusters - The cartoon adventures of the 3 heroes from the hit movie along with their pal Slimer. The series is also known as "Slimer and The Real Ghostbusters". (YouTube)

For fans of the cartoon and the movie, CTV also carries these titles:

Extreme Ghostbusters - A new cartoon version released in 1997. (YouTube)

Ghostbusters (CTV Movies)

Ghostbusters 2 (CTV Movies)

Also new to CTV Throwback this week:

What's Happening! (ABC) (1976) (3 seasons, 62 episodes) - Raj, Dwayne and Rerun are three working-class young men dealing with school life, love and the regular antics of teenagers growing up. This is one series I remember watching as a child and not liking very much. I'll wait for next week to watch "Father Knows Best" instead. (Crackle)

The sequel would become much worse:

What's Happening Now (1985) (Syndicated) (3 seasons, 64 episodes) - Raj, Dwayne, Rerun, and Shirley are now adults in this sequel to "What's Happening." (Crackle)

Baywatch (Seasons 10 and 11) - Known as "Baywatch: Hawaii", this show was filmed after the original series ended and found the main characters all transferred to Hawaii. (Dailymotion)

Others to watch this week:

VUDU

Celebrity Bowling (1973) (Season 1) - The Brady Bunch kids and other celebrities bowl for fun and laughter in this entertaining series from the 1970s.

TUBI

The Joey Bishop Show (1961) - The sitcom that came before the talk show starring Joey Bishop as fictional talk show host Joey Barnes. Best known for its unique filming format which I can now definitely confirm for you in case you're not sure. Seasons 1 and 4 were filmed in black and white. Seasons 2 and 3 are in color. I don't know why it was done this way but there you have it.

This series is part of a new streaming library, which has partnered with Tubi and Shout among others, called Proven Entertainment, which so far looks like a proven winner to me. Among the series that it provides to different companies are "The Carol Burnett Show", "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In", "The Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts", "Real People", "The Barbara Stanwyck Show", and a series that I am really looking forward to seeing when it becomes available: "Stanley" from 1957 starring Buddy Hackett, Carol Burnett, and Paul Lynde. With a great cast like that, it's hard to believe that it only lasted one season.

Proven Entertainment

ROKU

Suddenly Susan (Seasons 1-4)

Pluto TV On Demand

Hopalong Cassidy (Season 1)

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

The Rockford Files (Season 2)

The Lucy Show (Season 1) - The real Season 1, not the usual public domain episodes that you normally find. Those are on a different page.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:31 AM   #101
MA
Forum Legend

It’s going to be nice to see Sister Sister and Moesha on Pluto TV.