Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > Glee

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Renews The Moodys for Second Season; NBC Preparing to Put Peacock Into Flight
Fri-Yay: Never Have I Ever, Netflix's Best Sitcom; Ramy Gets Season 3 on Hulu
NBC Reviving Weakest Link; truTV's I'm Sorry Gets Charitable
HBO Max Orders Series Based on Hair Love; Comedy Central Inks Deal with John Mulaney
Dead to Me Picked Up for Final Season on Netflix; CBS All Access Orders Star Trek Animated Comedy
ABC to Rebroadcast Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family and Good Times Episodes on Tuesday (July 7); Anthony Anderson and Billy Eichner to Guest Host ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! This Week
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-02-2020, 12:02 AM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Lea Michele is accused of making Glee a living hell for co-star Samantha Marie Ware

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/gle...re-1234622852/

Quote:
“Glee” actor Samantha Ware accused her former co-star Lea Michele of making the show a “living hell” due to “traumatic microaggressions.”

On Monday night, Ware responded to a tweet from Michele, who had posted a message against the death of George Floyd with the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter.

“George Floyd did not deserve this. This was not an isolated incident and it must end. #BlackLivesMatter,” Michele tweeted on Saturday.

Two days later, Ware quoted Michele’s tweet, claiming the “Glee” star told her she’d “s— in [her] wig” while on the show.

“Remember when you made my first television gig a living hell?!?! Cause I’ll never forget. I believe you told everyone that if you had the opportunity you would ‘s— in my wig!’ amongst other traumatic microaggressions that made me question a career in Hollywood,” Ware tweeted in all caps.

Ware had a guest recurring role as Jane Hayward in the sixth season of “Glee” in 2015, appearing in 11 episodes. The Fox series was her first TV role, and from there she went on to appear in “What/If,” “Chicago Med” and “God Friended Me.”

Michele played Rachel Berry, one of the main cast members throughout all six seasons of “Glee.” For her lead role, she received two Golden Globe nominations and one Emmy nod. Since “Glee” ended, she has starred in “Scream Queens” and “The Mayor,” and has continued her singing career.

Representatives for Ware and Michele did not immediately return requests for comment.
Lea Michele loses HelloFresh partnership after former Glee star Samantha Ware accused her of mistreatment

The meal-kit company announced it is terminating its relationship over Michele's alleged racist behavior, even though Michele has yet to respond to Ware's accusation. “HelloFresh does not condone racism nor discrimination of any kind," HelloFresh said in a statement. "We are disheartened and disappointed to learn of the recent claims concerning Lea Michele,” the company tweeted. “We take this very seriously, and have terminated our partnership with Lea Michele, effective immediately.”

Last edited by TMC; 06-02-2020 at 10:54 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Lea Michele Breaks Silence, Apologizes to "Glee" Co-Star for "My Immaturity" and "Unnecessarily Difficult Behavior"
by Michael Ausiello
June 3, 2020

The "Glee" actress posted a lengthy statement on Instagram early Wednesday:

Quote:
One of the most important lessons of the last few weeks is that we need to take the time to listen and learn about other people’s perspectives and any role we have played or anything we can do to help address the injustices that they face.

When I tweeted the other day, it was meant to be a show of support for our friends and neighbors and communities of color during this really difficult time, but the responses I received to what I posted have made me also focus specifically on how my own behavior towards fellow cast members was perceived by them.

While I don’t remember ever making this specific statement and I have never judged others by their background or color of their skin, that’s not really the point. What matters is that I clearly acted in ways which hurt other people. Whether it was my privileged position and perspective that caused me to be perceived as insensitive or inappropriate at times or whether it was just my immaturity and me just being unnecessarily difficult, I apologize for my behavior and for any pain which I have caused.

We all can grow and change and I have definitely used these past several months to reflect my own shortcomings.

I am a couple of months from becoming a mother and I know I need to keep working to better myself and take responsibility for my actions, so that I can be a real role model for my child and so I can pass along my lessons and mistakes, so that they can learn from me.

I listened to these criticisms and I am learning and while I am very sorry, I will be better in the future from this experience.
https://tvline.com/2020/06/03/lea-mi...lee-statement/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:07 AM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Heather Morris Says Lea Michele was Very "Unpleasant to Work With"
by Rosy Cordero
June 3, 2020

"Glee" star Heather Morris is adding to the list of criticisms that have been launched against costar Lea Michele after actress Samantha Marie Ware called working with Michele "a living hell" in a tweet on Monday and several costars chimed in with similar sentiments.

On Wednesday, Morris, who played Brittany, opened up about her own experience working alongside Michele on the Ryan Murphy show for six seasons.

"Let me be very clear, hate is a disease in America that we are trying to cure, so I would never wish for hate to be spread on anyone else," Morris tweeted.

"With that said, was she unpleasant to work with? Very much so; for Lea to treat others with the disrespect that she did for as long as she did, I believe she SHOULD be called out."

Morris also took responsibility for not calling Michele out sooner, at a time when the behavior could've still been corrected. “It’s also on us because to allow it to go on for so long without speaking out is something else we’re learning along with the rest of society," she wrote.

She also mentioned that she didn't necessarily agree with labeling Michele as racist for her behavior toward Ware, who is black. "At the current moment it's implied that she is a racist and although I cannot comment on her beliefs, I think we're assuming, and you know what happens when we all assume..."

https://ew.com/tv/heather-morris-gle...ry-unpleasant/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:41 AM   #4
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Samantha Ware responds to Lea Michele's apology: “Perceived? Purcieved? Purse? Open your purse??????????????”

Michele's lengthy apology posted to Instagram this morning doesn't actually mention Ware's name, but it does frequently use the word "perceived," which Ware made note of in a tweet that didn't mention Michele. "Perceived? Purcieved? Purse? Open your purse??????????????," Ware tweeted, posting a link to a GoFundMe for James Scurlock, a 22-year-old black protester in Omaha who was shot and killed by a white bar owner earlier this week. Meanwhile, Michele's Spring Awakening co-star Emma Hunton commented that her apology "isn't an actual apology," echoing many Twitter users. And Spring Awakening understudy Gerard Canonico also left a comment saying Michele was hell to work with. "You were nothing but a nightmare to me and fellow understudy cast members. You made us feel like we didn't belong there. I tried for years to be nice to you to no avail," he wrote. "Maybe actually apologize instead of placing the blame on how others 'perceive' you."

ALSO:
  • Former Glee producer Marti Noxon deletes tweets saying Glee's male stars were as bad as Lea Michele: "Re: @LeaMichele. Hey, I’m all for calling out bad behavior and even for some schadenfreude when that behavior is punished," she tweeted, according to Page Six. "That said, on GLEE there were LOTS of bad actors. Who were NOT women. People in the industry know who I’m talking about. Why aren’t we calling them out?” She added: “It seems to me that women are the first to go under the bus. But a lot of males get away with being the bullies-in-chief. How come we let them get away with it? Maybe it’s because as long as they earn someone money, they get a pass.”
  • Heather Morris says Michele was "unpleasant" to work with on Glee: "Let me be very clear, Hate is a disease in America that we are trying to cure, so I would never wish for hate to be spread to anyone else," Morris tweeted. "With that said, was she unpleasant to work with? Very much so; for Lea to treat others with the disrespect that she did for as long as she did, I believe she SHOULD be called out."

A roundup of all of Lea Michele's former co-stars who've spoken out against her

Glee alum Samantha Ware isn't the only former co-star of Michele's who's experienced her bad behavior. Michele's co-stars from Glee, The Mayor, Scream Queens and Spring Awakening have all indicated that they've had issues with her. For instance, Glee's Amber Riley said in an interview with Essence's Danielle Young: “I’m not going to say that Lea Michele is racist. That’s not what I’m saying. That was the assumption because of what’s going on right now in the world and it happened toward a Black person. I’m not going to say that she’s racist. She’s also pregnant and I think that everyone needs to chill. Y’all dragged her for a couple of days. But at the same time, in my inbox there are a lot of Black actors and actresses telling me their stories and letting me know they have dealt with the same things on set, being terrorized by the white girls that are the leads of the show." Yvette Nicole Brown, who worked with Michele on The Mayor, said she could relate to Ware's original tweet saying Michele "MADE MY FIRST TELEVISON GIG A LIVING HELL." “I felt every one of those capital letters," Brown tweeted. “Every person on a set matters. Every person on a set deserves respect. And it is the responsibility of every series regular to make every person who visits their home feel welcome. This dismissive attitude is what’s wrong in Hollywood and the world.”

Glee's Samantha Ware on Lea Michele: "All that her apology did was affirm that she hasn’t learned anything"

In her first interview since calling out Michele for her on-set behavior after proclaiming "Black Lives Matter," Ware tells Variety: "It shouldn’t have to take my tweet. When you tweet, 'Black lives matter,' that would mean you have an understanding of what that hashtag means, but it’s clear that it doesn’t. Does Lea even know what a microaggression is? I don’t know. All that her apology did was affirm that she hasn’t learned anything. Am I calling Lea a racist? No. Does Lea have racist tendencies? I think Lea suffers from a symptom of living in this world in an industry that is tailored to white people.”

Former Glee star Amber Riley calls Samantha Ware a "superhero" for her latest Lea Michele criticism

"@Sammie_Ware you are a superhero, your @Variety article made me feel liberated,” Riley tweeted of Ware's Variety interview explaining why she called out Michele last week for her bad on-set behavior. “I know you’re getting some hate, but you have my support sis. #UnMUTEny keep telling your stories everyone.”

Last edited by TMC; 06-13-2020 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:29 AM   #5
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Matthew Morrison weighs in on complaints over Lea Michele's Glee on-set behavior

“I honestly think it’s a distraction of the bigger issues that are going on right now. It’s kind of like, 'Ah,'" the former Glee star said Wednesday on FUBAR Radio’s Access All Areas when asked about Samantha Ware's allegations that led Michele to apologize. “You want to be a good, pleasant person to be around. That’s about all I’m going to say on that.”
Old 07-03-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC View Post
Matthew Morrison weighs in on complaints over Lea Michele's Glee on-set behavior

“I honestly think it’s a distraction of the bigger issues that are going on right now. It’s kind of like, 'Ah,'" the former Glee star said Wednesday on FUBAR Radio’s Access All Areas when asked about Samantha Ware's allegations that led Michele to apologize. “You want to be a good, pleasant person to be around. That’s about all I’m going to say on that.”
It has to do with the current financial crash incident of FOX that she was following, which she didn't know it was considered officially accident.

That current financial crash incident of FOX also affected both former FOX sitcoms New Girl and The Mindy Project for same several reasons.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote