Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-30-2003, 02:28 PM   #166
AnaheimPMWitch
AKA CaitlinMoore2002

Location: in the Las Vegas Crime Lab hangin with Nick and Sara
Send a message via AIM to AnaheimPMWitch Send a message via Yahoo to AnaheimPMWitch

Quote:
Originally posted by David77
I wrote for Happy Days, a pilot called, A Rock & A Hard Place,
Double Trouble, Blossom and The Laroquette Show. I got work on Happy Days on my own. The other shows I worked for my brother, Don Reo, who created those shows.
thats soo cool that yo write for these shows thats like My DREAM How would a person like me get involved in something like that just curious
AnaheimPMWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 02:42 PM   #167
*ShortCake*
Blair Warner fan.

Hi David!!! welcome to the boards sorry this is so late. Are you on the happy days yahoogroup?

"Nice girls don't throw tree's"- Jo Polniaczek.
*ShortCake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #168
David77
Frequent Poster

If you want to be a writer you have to write. Here is a good link with lots of other links.

www.wga.org

These days they have some mighty nice software all formatted in tv or movie formats. Not like the old days with a pad and a pencil.

It helps to be in Hollywood. I do not advise anyone to move to Hollywood though. It is not what it appears to be on tv. It is better to live in Ojai, CA. Take the metro rail in. Stop at the
Cafe Figuero on Melrose then head on into the pits. (That would take about three hours in reality.)
Where Paramount is, it is like a third world nation.
Gower & Melrose. Gross.

http://www.nbc4.tv/

I have not been on the yahoo board. I will have to check it out.
Where exactly is it?

Last edited by David77; 01-30-2003 at 04:21 PM.
David77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:30 PM   #169
AnaheimPMWitch
AKA CaitlinMoore2002

Send a message via AIM to AnaheimPMWitch Send a message via Yahoo to AnaheimPMWitch

thanks for the Info David I do Love to write and I"ve got a few stories, scripts things like that written already
and as for me I dont care that much for Hollywood either I prefer either Anahiem (hence the user name) or Huntington Beach myself thats where I'd like to live
Old 01-30-2003, 06:03 PM   #170
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Location: Sunnydale: The Land of The Vamps, Monsters, And Things That Go Bump

Quote:
Originally posted by AnahiemPMWitch
thats soo cool that yo write for these shows thats like My DREAM How would a person like me get involved in something like that just curious

OKAY. Here's the plan. I'm working on my professor. Eventually, he'll cave in and take me to LA with him. I'll bring you along and we'll all go to CA and become successful writers together. Don't worry, I've got it all planned out.

OH! I've got a back-up plan, too. On Feb. 5th, the director of the upcoming movie Gods and Generals is coming to my college to give a conference. I figure if I can devise a plan to brainwash him and make me the star of his next movie, we can all go out to CA. Then, we'll use our "connections" to get screenwriting jobs. (A guy in my screenwriting class actually has a speaking part in this movie. I was like, "OMG! You're my new best friend! ")
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:32 PM   #171
DominosPizza
Occasional Poster

Default Lori Beth

What was Lynda Goodfriend like??? I had a crush on her legs as a kid. I never saw her do anything else after the show was gone. Was she a fox in person?
Old 01-30-2003, 10:27 PM   #172
Stormtracker TF
║▌║█ ║▌║▌│║▌║▌█
Forum Idol

Default Re: Lori Beth

Quote:
Originally posted by DominosPizza
What was Lynda Goodfriend like??? I had a crush on her legs as a kid. I never saw her do anything else after the show was gone. Was she a fox in person?
Hey there! Welcome to SO, you'll have lots of fun here!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:30 PM   #173
Cactus Jack
RonFingSwanson
Forum Idol

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

Yups!

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/B]
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 08:08 AM   #174
David77
Frequent Poster

Linda Goodfriend seemed like a nice person. I never spoke with her. I just saw her on the set usually in front of the camera.
I know the writers got a kick out of the way she talked. Kind of drawn out words. I can remember sitting at writer's meetings and everyone was talking like Linda goodfriend. Hiiiii Richieee. In fact that was a funny moment! I still got it.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:51 AM   #175
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

David77, here's a question. Why did Potsie, Ralph, and Richie not have 50's style hairstyles? They looked they were were in the 70's.

What was Erin Moran's relationship like to Ron, Henry, Anson, Don, and the rest of the cast?

And, was it just me, or did Happy Days cast A LOT of red heads. So many of the main characters had red hair...and then if you look closely, so many of the extras did too! Being a red head, I pay close attention to little details like this. I'm not used to seeing so many people with my hair color.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:06 AM   #176
David77
Frequent Poster

I didn't really spend a lot of time with the actors. Writers and actors are two separate camps. Think of cats and dogs. From my perspective everyone seemed to get along just fine. Erin seemed happy to me. I would see her riding around the lot on her bicycle all the time. You have to go back and read my posts. I don't want to repeat the same stories over and over. The hair? That's a good question. Most people had longer hair at that time. 70's. I think they just kind of worked around it. Red Hair? I think it has to do with being on camera. I know when I was on Blossom I was told never to wear white or black. To always wear colors. Maybe Bobby Hoffman in casting knew that and worked along those lines. I am sure they cast the show with a family resemblence in mind knowing Ron Howard was the main character. The networks may have wanted that clean cut all american look. There are lots of factors. All in all I would say for the color and casting. Happy Days was done with 3 camera/film. Imagine that? Film rolls, film editing, splicing, etc.

Last edited by David77; 01-31-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:36 PM   #177
AnaheimPMWitch
AKA CaitlinMoore2002

Quote:
Originally posted by CollegeGirl

OKAY. Here's the plan. I'm working on my professor. Eventually, he'll cave in and take me to LA with him. I'll bring you along and we'll all go to CA and become successful writers together. Don't worry, I've got it all planned out.

OH! I've got a back-up plan, too. On Feb. 5th, the director of the upcoming movie Gods and Generals is coming to my college to give a conference. I figure if I can devise a plan to brainwash him and make me the star of his next movie, we can all go out to CA. Then, we'll use our "connections" to get screenwriting jobs. (A guy in my screenwriting class actually has a speaking part in this movie. I was like, "OMG! You're my new best friend! ")
that sounds like a Plan to me we'll Hang out work for some movies and shows ( I mean write for) I'll find me Some HOT famous rich guy *coughs* Erik *coughs* and move to anahiem or HB and STILL WRITE and we'll all still hang out WHO said theres ANYTHING wrong with DREAMING
Old 01-31-2003, 11:52 PM   #178
*ShortCake*
Blair Warner fan.

ahhh the director of Gods and Generals came to your school?!?!?!?! I cant wait to see that movie! LOL CG Ill be the set decorator for the films you direct!!
*ShortCake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 10:35 AM   #179
CollegeGirl
Spike Loves Buffy

Quote:
Originally posted by AnahiemPMWitch
that sounds like a Plan to me we'll Hang out work for some movies and shows ( I mean write for) I'll find me Some HOT famous rich guy *coughs* Erik *coughs* and move to anahiem or HB and STILL WRITE and we'll all still hang out WHO said theres ANYTHING wrong with DREAMING

Absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming. I live to dream. There's no way that I could survive without doing it. All great writers dream.

Quote:
ahhh the director of Gods and Generals came to your school?!?!?!?! I cant wait to see that movie! LOL CG Ill be the set decorator for the films you direct!!
Yep, he'll be there on Feb. 5th. With my luck, I will be so starstruck that I'll be scared to talk to him. But, I'm going to go see him anyhow.

Yippee! Now, I've got myself a set director. Everything is falling into place so well.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:28 PM   #180
AnaheimPMWitch
AKA CaitlinMoore2002

"Absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming. I live to dream. There's no way that I could survive without doing it. All great writers dream. " ( I couldnt get the write part of your Post to quote so I just copy pasted it)
anyways YES I SO AGREE I tell everyone that because People tell me I dream to much