Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV SNL: Leslie Jones Leaves; Heidi Gardner and Chris Redd Promoted to Regulars

Leslie Jones Leaving "SNL" after 5 Seasons, Kate McKinnon Returns for Season 45
by Nellie Andreeva
August 27, 2019

One "Saturday Night Live" favorite won’t be returning this fall while another one has opted to come back. Leslie Jones has will be leaving NBC’s venerable late-night sketch comedy program after five seasons. Kate McKinnon, whose contract was up in May, has decided to come back for what would be her eighth season on the show.

According to sources, it was Jones’ decision to depart "SNL" before the end of her contract. The standard "SNL" cast deals are for seven years but the actors’ options are picked up every year, and the performers also can ask to be released early.

https://deadline.com/2019/08/leslie-...45-1202705465/
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 09-24-2019 at 08:50 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Chocolate Moose

Yes, I heard that on the news. I will miss her!!!!
Old 08-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
Heenan Fan

Leslie Jones is really bad at missing her lines and laughing during skits, but she's still hella funny. Kate McKinnon is a first ballot SNL Hall Of Famer.

OK, you hot a pencil? I want 20 pounds, no make that 40 pounds of your best ribs, THE JUMBOS! And I want some BBQ sauce...a GALLON!

I'm having a party. My mother's out on parole." - Hawkeye
Heenan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
AMackII

SNL maybe not same without Leslie Jones for upcoming Season 45 but Kate McKinnon should soon to be the senior cast member once if Kenan Thompson is focusing on different projects.
AMackII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Leslie Jones Breaks Silence on "SNL" Exit: "I Am Not Dead — Just Graduating"
by Michael Ausiello
September 3, 2019

Exiting "Saturday Night Live" cast member Leslie Jones is breaking her week-long silence.

In a lengthy statement released early Tuesday via social media, Jones confirmed, “Yes it’s true I am leaving Saturday Night Live,” before adding, “I cannot thank NBC, the producers, writers, and amazing crew enough for making SNL my second home these last five years. Lorne Michaels, you’ve changed my life in so many ways! Thank you for being my mentor and confidant and for always having my back. You not only have my loyalty but you have my heart too! You have shown me skills I never imagined I had. I leave a better performer because of you.

To the incredible cast members: I will miss working, creating and laughing with you. I will miss holding it down with Kenan everyday, I will miss Cecily’s impression of me making me laugh at myself often, I will miss Kate’s loving hugs and talks when I needed. And of course Colin, you porcelain-skinned Ken doll. I will miss all my cast mates!! Especially being at the table reads with them!! Everyone needs to know Leslie Jones couldn’t have done any of the things I did without these people.

One last thing,” Jones added, “to the fans — you are the BEST!! Thank you for all the love and support through my SNL years and I know you will be as excited as I am when you see some of the amazing projects and adventures that I have coming up very soon! Love you all!!

Jones then ended the statement with the hashtag, “#iamnotdeadjustgraduating.

https://tvline.com/2019/09/03/leslie...ay-night-live/
Old 09-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #6
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMackII View Post
SNL maybe not same without Leslie Jones for upcoming Season 45 but Kate McKinnon should soon to be the senior cast member once if Kenan Thompson is focusing on different projects.
Leslie Jones' absence on SNL will be especially felt if Lorne Michaels doesn't shake up the cast

For the past five years, Jones has been a breath of fresh air for a creatively stagnant show. Entering election season, it looks like Saturday Night Live will be even more stale with Jones' absence, says David Sims. "There’s still time for (Lorne) Michaels to overhaul the cast—though the host and musical guest of the 45th season’s first episode on September 28 (Woody Harrelson and Billie Eilish) are already set," he says. "New cast members have been known to join at the last minute, or even during the season as Jones did, and SNL still has a strong pool of writers who could easily make the leap to performing. But with (Kate) McKinnon and many of her contemporaries sticking around, and Alec Baldwin likely to reprise his recurring role as President Donald Trump (despite the actor’s continued public grousing about it), SNL figures to stay relatively static going into a big election year. If that’s the case, Jones will be especially missed, since she was such a vital spark plug for the show. Her 'Weekend Update' appearances, which served as extensions of her stand-up comedy, were welcome bits of provocation that frequently got a rise out of (Colin) Jost (a host who sometimes struggles to gin up onscreen chemistry with his castmates). Her sketch performing was shaky at first, with Jones occasionally flubbing lines or missing cues, but she quickly settled in as a fan favorite, parlaying the experience into roles in major movies such as Ghostbusters."
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:19 AM   #7
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heenan Fan View Post
Leslie Jones is really bad at missing her lines and laughing during skits, but she's still hella funny. Kate McKinnon is a first ballot SNL Hall Of Famer.
i agree 100 percent
70s show watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Saturday Night Live" Promotes Heidi Gardner, Chris Redd to Regular Cast
by Rick Porter
Sept. 24, 2019

"Saturday Night Live's" preseason cast shuffling continues with the promotion of two featured players to full cast-members.

Heidi Gardner and Chris Redd will be part of the main cast — announced at the top of the opening credits rather than at the end — when the show begins its 45th season this Saturday. Both joined SNL as featured players in 2017.

NBC declined comment.

Their promotion means SNL will head into the season with a regular cast of 14 and three featured players in Ego Nwodim, entering her second year, and newcomers Chloe Fineman and Bowen Yang (Yang was previously a writer on the show).

Leslie Jones has departed the show to focus on movie work and a forthcoming Netflix stand-up special, but the rest of the regulars are all set to return.

Comedian Shane Gillis was dropped shortly after his hiring after racial and homophobic slurs he used on a podcast came to light.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...s-redd-1243062
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2019, 07:33 PM   #9
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Which SNL cast members will play the Demoratic presidential candidates?

The Democratic field is so wide that Saturday Night Live will likely have to bring in celebrity impressionists. Who else will play Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden other than Larry David and Jason Sudeikis, respectively? Kate McKinnon has already portrayed Elizabeth Warren, so she has that impression locked up. New cast member Bowen Yang seems like a sure thing to play Andrew Yang since they're both Asian-American. But what about Julián Castro, Kamala Harris, Beto O'Rourke, Pete Buttigieg, Marianne Williamson and Cory Booker?

ALSO:

SNL returns for Season 45 in "Emmy-winning cruise control," even with the big impeachment news

The biggest newsmakers of the past week were former SNL hosts Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani, yet Saturday Night Live couldn't come up with a truly inspired cold open to kick off the season. "Whenever SNL returns after a long break, there's an inevitable temptation to look at whatever the show delivers and grumble, 'With four months, that was the best they could come up with?' as if the writers room has been open non-stop since May, crafting and honing and refining six Platonic ideal sketches to start the season off right," says Daniel Fienberg. "Yeah, season-openers are just as slapdash as any other episode, which is especially true at a historical moment in which the gap from one episode to the next could force the writers to choose between 10 or 15 bumbles, gaffes or scandals relating to Former Saturday Night Live Host Donald Trump. By that standard, the writers actually got incredibly lucky this week, with most of the conversation points around Former Saturday Night Live Host Donald Trump concerning impeachment, whistleblowing and the Ukraine, which all yielded a cold open in which a lot of cast members did quickie impressions of people in Former Saturday Night Live Host Donald Trump's sphere and Alec Baldwin remained on Emmy-winning cruise control."

ALSO:

Last edited by TMC; 09-29-2019 at 07:55 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote