Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

One Day at a Time links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / One Day at a Time Photo Gallery

One Day at a Time - The Complete First Season

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete First Season on DVD
One Day at a Time - The Complete Series

Buy One Day a Time - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > One Day at a Time

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #46
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
That shouldn't matter, if the Jeffersons was not on DVD and was being aired on Antenna, I would be a credit crunch fan and record every episode lol
The credit crunches don't bother everyone. I can only speak for myself, and if I was trying to record a series of shows for a collection, the credit crunches would irritate me. In the case of One Day At A Time, Antenna TV edits the episodes along with the credit crunches, so there are two strikes against them as far as recording the entire series is concerned. I have the 1st season DVD from Sony. While Antenna TV still airs the episodes, I'll DVR and save some of my other favorite episodes. That will be good enough for me. I'm not shopping for a bootleg DVD set. I do believe the complete series will eventually get an official DVD release.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #47
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Always use paypal
True words here. When shopping online, especially from an unknown seller, always try to have credit card or some type of PayPal-like protection.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #48
MRPITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey
My set was recorded around 2006-07 I believe. There is one that came from Comedy Gold airings that aired around 2012-13. I tried to get that set and sent payment but the seller told me twice it must have gotten lost in the mail.

Oh yeah my bad, I have the ComedyGold set.
MRPITT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #49
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

I'm going to stay optimistic that we will eventually see a complete series release. I'm hoping that Shout! Factory finally gets the hint from fans and breaks down and releases it.

This series is a favorite of mine but not an absolute favorite so I can wait patiently. I'm not going to resort to a bootleg set as of now.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #50
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
The credit crunches don't bother everyone. I can only speak for myself, and if I was trying to record a series of shows for a collection, the credit crunches would irritate me. In the case of One Day At A Time, Antenna TV edits the episodes along with the credit crunches, so there are two strikes against them as far as recording the entire series is concerned. I have the 1st season DVD from Sony. While Antenna TV still airs the episodes, I'll DVR and save some of my other favorite episodes. That will be good enough for me. I'm not shopping for a bootleg DVD set. I do believe the complete series will eventually get an official DVD release.
A collection of edited eps is much better than NO eps at all
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #51
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
True, it's better than nothing. For me, I've seen most of the ODAAT episodes now from the last two cycles on Antenna TV. I'm currently DVR'ing and saving some favorite episodes as they air.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #52
Ronny G
Forum Regular

Quote:
I agree. I'll take edited over nothing at all.
I recorded every single episode of ODAAT on my DVR when it first began running on Antenna TV.
I hadn't watched the show in years, and I thought I better record it before it goes back into retirement. It was never my all-time favorite show, but I do remember watching it as a teen when it aired originally so I was feeling nostalgic.
I got most of the first cycle before they started credit crunching. I think they started credit crunching towards the end of the run (around season 7) so I can't help that.
I put all of them in order by season. However, I missed about 7 episodes the first time,(the Mother's Day marathon really screwed me up) but I got the missing episodes on their second run, so they are on their own special disc.
All 9 seasons are now on 29 discs. I recorded the first 2 seasons in SP mode, and the rest in LP mode. I imagine I would have used twice as many discs if I recorded them all in SP mode.
I figured the show would eventually come out on DVD so why waste a bunch of discs on edited episodes. Now I'm not so sure it will come out on DVD, so I'm glad I have what I got.
I edited out all the commericals so the running times average around 22 mins. and even shorter after the credit crunch (21:30).
I could've bought a bootleg set, but I'm a collector by nature. I find recording and collecting them myself is much more fun and rewarding---and I'm more likely to actually watch them.
So, although it is not a perfect set, I also feel it is better than nothing at all.

Last edited by Ronny G; 12-05-2015 at 07:09 PM.
Ronny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #53
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny G
I agree. I'll take edited over nothing at all.
I recorded every single episode of ODAAT on my DVR when it first began running on Antenna TV.
I hadn't watched the show in years, and I thought I better record it before it goes back into retirement. It was never my all-time favorite show, but I do remember watching it as a teen when it aired originally so I was feeling nostalgic.
I got most of the first cycle before they started credit crunching. I think they started credit crunching towards the end of the run (around season 7) so I can't help that.
I put all of them in order by season. However, I missed about 7 episodes the first time,(the Mother's Day marathon really screwed me up) but I got the missing episodes on their second run, so they are on their own special disc.
All 9 seasons are now on 29 discs. I recorded the first 2 seasons in SP mode, and the rest in LP mode. I imagine I would have used twice as many discs if I recorded them all in SP mode.
I figured the show would eventually come out on DVD so why waste a bunch of discs on edited episodes. Now I'm not so sure it will come out on DVD, so I'm glad I have what I got.
I edited out all the commericals so the running times average around 22 mins. and even shorter after the credit crunch (21:30).
I could've bought a bootleg set, but I'm a collector by nature. I find recording and collecting them myself is much more fun and rewarding---and I'm more likely to actually watch them.
So, although it is not a perfect set, I also feel it is better than nothing at all.
Exactly, you made the right move because Antenna TV can pull the plug at anytime
Old 12-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #54
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

As long as it's running edited for free on a network I get, there's no need for me to buy an edited set. (I have no idea on how to make one). So I I'll continue to record, watch, delete and wait and see if it ever gets released. If it disappears again, I'll have to re-evaluate. However, if someone offered me an unedited set now, I'd just get it over with.

Last edited by opus; 12-05-2015 at 07:42 PM.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #55
Ronny G
Forum Regular

Quote:
Exactly, you made the right move because Antenna TV can pull the plug at anytime
I know what you mean. I've been burned many times in the past thinking a show will be around forever, and then when its not on, wishing I had recorded some episodes so I could watch it again.
Ronny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #56
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny G
I know what you mean. I've been burned many times in the past thinking a show will be around forever, and then when its not on, wishing I had recorded some episodes so I could watch it again.
I'm surprised it's still on lol
Old 12-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #57
Kasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
True words here. When shopping online, especially from an unknown seller, always try to have credit card or some type of PayPal-like protection.
The thing is, I had bought my It's a Living set from the same seller a year prior and had no problems.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227, Delta
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #58
BDuthe
Occasional Poster

Quote:
of what show?
I'm looking for DVD's of the show. And I'm wondering how many you have & if youould be willing to sell them & how much they would be.Thanks
BDuthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #59
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDuthe
I'm looking for DVD's of the show. And I'm wondering how many you have & if youould be willing to sell them & how much they would be.Thanks
Any episode of One Day at a Time I have on DVD is only for sale because I am no longer a trader
Old 02-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #60
BDuthe
Occasional Poster

I don't understand, does that mean that I can buy them or not?
BDuthe is offline   Reply With Quote