Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Captspiffy
Frequent Poster

Default Interested in amassing some Wrestling....

This thread was started with the intentions of trying to get some wrestling vids from the past, when in my opinion was when wrestling was much better than today.

I want to thank all who responded as well as hopefully you got a trade out of it !
Have a good day all!

Captspiffy

Last edited by Captspiffy; 05-26-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Captspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
wiseguy182

i have these:

Wrestling
-Bobby Heenan show, all 4 aired eps plus bonus disc of extras (9.5/10)
-match: Fabulous Moolah & Sherry Martel vs. Judy Martin & Penny Mitchell, from Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, 6/5/82
-Prime Time Wrestling 4/20/87
-Paul Boesch retirement card from Sam Houston Coliseum, 8/28/87
-Women’s battle royal from Wrestlerock 86
-Wrestlfest 88 (9.5/10)
-WWE Saturday Night’s Main Events: (7/10, audio is weak on some of them, feel free to ask me about air dates and matches)

Last edited by wiseguy182; 08-15-2009 at 03:53 AM.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:08 AM   #3
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Wrestlfest 88 (9.5/10)
Is this the entire card (including the matches removed for the Coliseum Video version)?
anglemark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglemark10
Is this the entire card (including the matches removed for the Coliseum Video version)?
hi anglemark,

unfortunately, no. I have no idea why Coliseum removed the two best matches on the card (Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and Curt Henning vs. Terry Taylor) but kept in crap like Powers of Pain vs. Bolsheviks (which was basically the same as their SummerSlam 88 match anyways) Man, I always wanted to fire whoever the editor was at Coliseum. sorry I don't have better news.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Lucky for us, though, Coliseum did include the Savage/Dibiase match on the "Macho Madness" tape (which, by the way, included four additional matches against Dibiase). Also, the Taylor/Hennig match is on the recent "The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect" DVD.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
lilhave

Interesting that this thread came about. Years ago, some dvds were given to me, placed in the closest and forgotten about. I remembered, went to the closet, top shelf and found these. All excellent quality.

Wrestling Queen 1 dvd
AWA Curt Hennig 1 dvd
AWA Titles in Japan 1 dvd
Legacy of the AWA 2 dvds
Nick Bockwinkle 2 dvds
Carolina Wrestling 2 dvds
NWA World Titles 1 dvd
Heroes of World class Wrestling 2 dvds
Best Cage Matches 1 dvd
Best of Dusty Rhodes 3 dvds
AWA Classics 1 dvd
Best of Vern Gagne 3 dvds
Wild Men of Wrestling 2 dvds
WWE Title Changes 3 dvds
Wrestling the Golden Era 1 dvd
Wrestling the 50's 1 dvd
I like to Hurt People 1 dvd
Wild Wild Wrestling 1 dvd
Night of Legends 1 dvd
First Ladies of Wrestling 1 dvd

Also have a collection of shoot interviews. That is where the wrestler comes out of character and answers questions put before him as if it was private. Interesting to see the heels acting normal. Each interview is at least one dvd in length, sometimes two. Quite enjoyable.

Captain Lou Albano 1 dvd
Iron Shiek 1 dvd
J.J. Dillon 2 dvds
Harley Race 1 dvd
Wahoo McDaniel 1 dvd
Kevin von Eric 1 dvd
Larry Zybysko 1 dvd
Tony Atlas 1 dvd
Terry Funk 1 dvd
Killer Kowalski 1 dvd
Mr. Fuji 1 dvd
Jake Roberts 1 dvd
Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express 1 dvd
Ole Anderson 2 dvds
Roddy Piper 2 dvds
Barry Windham 2 dvds
Bruno Sammartino 1 dvd
Missy Hyatt 2 dvds
Von Rashke 1 dvd
Nikita Koloff 1 dvd
Black Jack Mulligan 2 dvds
Sheri Martel 1 dvd
Greg Valentine 1 dvd
Road Warriors 2 dvds
Vince McMahon 2 dvds
Stan Hanson 2 dvds
Billy Jack Haynes 1 dvd
Abdullah the Butcher 1 dvd
Slick 1 dvd
Koko B. Ware 1 dvd

Harvey

http://www.freewebs.com/lilhave/index.htm
lilhave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
wiseguy182

Quote:
Lucky for us, though, Coliseum did include the Savage/Dibiase match on the "Macho Madness" tape (which, by the way, included four additional matches against Dibiase). Also, the Taylor/Hennig match is on the recent "The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect" DVD.
wow, I didn't know that, I might have to check those out.

I do have Macho vs. Ted on WM4, although they had already wrestled 5 matches between them that night, so they were probably not at the top of their game. And the match was ruined at the end with Hogan cheating as usual. They should have just put Macho over clean.

Henning and Terry Taylor wrestled at SummerSlam 89, but that match was ruined a couple of minutes in as Taylor legitimately blew out his knee, forcing Henning to end the match rather abruptly. The conclusion was pretty much forgone though as Taylor was burdoned with a horrible gimmick and was never really utilized properly. I would have liked to have seen a Henning/Terry Taylor tag team. that would have been cool. Another great wrestler with a goofy gimmick during the time was the Blue Blazer, aka Owen Hart. Imagine a Henning/Taylor vs. Harts match! They've released the Summerslam complete collection, but I'm not a fan of anything past 1995, so I'm waiting for the first 5 to be released on March 10. It will include this match.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:06 AM   #8
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
They've released the Summerslam complete collection, but I'm not a fan of anything past 1995, so I'm waiting for the first 5 to be released on March 10. It will include this match.
That's all I want, as well - the first set of five. I have all of the Coliseum versions, but the earlier ones are, of course, edited for time. I hope they'll release the Survivor Series on DVD at some point, as well.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:13 AM   #9
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
WWE Title Changes 3 dvds
Do you know what this contains? The WWF/WWE world title or Intercontinental title or tag titles (or all three)? Does it include every (or, nearly every) title change? I might be interested in this. I was hoping the official DVD sets released by WWE chronicaling the histories of the WWF and Intercontinental titles would have more actual title changes than they did.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
lilhave

Quote:
Do you know what this contains? The WWF/WWE world title or Intercontinental title or tag titles (or all three)? Does it include every (or, nearly every) title change? I might be interested in this. I was hoping the official DVD sets released by WWE chronicaling the histories of the WWF and Intercontinental titles would have more actual title changes than they did.
I looked at disc 1 and the first bout has Koloff defending against Morales, in 1971. The second bout has Bruno defending against Kowalski. There are 12 bouts on the first disc. Guess the other two have the same amount.

Harvey
lilhave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
plaidman76
Frequent Poster

I've got a ton of WWF/WCW shows I from the late 80s-early 90s that have yet to be put on DVD. stuff I've collected over the years, varing quality.

As for stuff I currently have on DVD, I have:

ECW Hardcore TV (4 Episodes from July of 96) (2 DVDs - B/B-)

GLOW (Glamorous Ladies of Wrestling) – 3 Episodes W/O/Cs 1989/90 (2 DVDs)

WWF Superstars 1/92 w/o/c – Wrestlemania Press conference (Hogan/Sid/Flair) also – Beverly Bros., Bossman, Tanaka’s Debut, I.R.S., El Matador, Funeral Parlor, Undertaker, LOD…

WWF Prime Time 10/89 w/o/c (Hosted by Brain/Gorilla/Piper) NOT Full episode, about an hour and a half)

WWF MSG EVENT – late 1989 – most commercials were cut out, but there are a few – Hitman VS Dino, Macho VS Hacksaw, Warrior Vs ANDRE, Bushwackers VS Powers of Pain

Arsineo Hall show (only about 20 minutes) w/o/c - 11/91 – Guests Jake the Snake, LOD vs. Nasty Boys on stage

WWF Wrestling Challenge 1992 w/o/c

WWF Survivor Series Showdown 11/90 w/o/c (beginning cut off)

WWF Primetime Wrestling – 1991 w/o/c

WWF Primetime Wrestling – Spring of 1991 (with some commercials)

WWF MSG Event 12/91 with some commercials

WWF Wrestling Challenge 11/93 w/o/c

WWF Wrestling Challenge 12/93 w/o/c (after Survivor Series)

WWF Superstars – 12/93 w/o/c

I can check the cards if you are interested in anything......
plaidman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #12
wiseguy182

Quote:
That's all I want, as well - the first set of five. I have all of the Coliseum versions, but the earlier ones are, of course, edited for time. I hope they'll release the Survivor Series on DVD at some point, as well.
I think they will release the survivor series on dvd, that will probably be the next one in line. I would also buy that if it came out. I do have summerslam 91 and survivor series 87 on tape, but would like dvd.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
Captspiffy
Frequent Poster

Harvey,

Interested in making a trade for these?

Mike
Captspiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #14
wiseguy182

I picked up the first 5 Summerslams recently and have started watching them again. Nice to see they finally got the clearance to air Demolition and Slick's entrance theme music, 2 of the best theme entrances ever! I'll probably get the next set of 5 soon.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
anglemark10
Forum Regular

I got that set, too. The only music substitutions I noticed were Don Muraco's in 1988 and Ricky Steamboat's in 1991, the latter of which makes absolutely no sense since he wasn't using "Sirius" anymore by that point. Muraco's replacement makes sense because his original theme was "Superstar" from Jesus Christ Superstar. I don't recall Demolition's theme being an issue in the past, but they did restore "Jive Soul Bro" and the Orient Express' themes which had been replaced in, at least, the first Royal Rumble anthology.