Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #121
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3sCompanyFan
But I remember they said he was on his death bed. What good is a reward if you're dead?
The "confession" was told second hand, by the guy's wife, who was paid money by a shady production crew, she later admitted this to Amy's mother. There is no evidence that the biker himself ever made such a confession.
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #122
WishfulDreamer

I believe that Amy was probably killed the day she disappeared or very shortly after, but I don't lend much credence to the bikers or the whole ''drugged and thrown in the swamp'' confession. A poster on WS posted an article or something about that theory as though it was real, but I really have my doubts. For those unaware, this is the confession that Amy was raped by two dozen bikers and drugged to stop resisting but her heart stopped because of it. I think this is another bogus confession and it just seems far-fetched. If there were two dozen men there to control her, why would they feel the need to resort to using drugs and continuously pump them into her? I don't buy it. Branch was a pathological liar and did nothing but milk Sue for more money. And as another poster mentioned, it was his wife who announced the theory and it was more than likely done for monetary reasons.

I think that she did hitchhike as most people did back then in that area and that another predator is more than likely responsible. If this is true, this killer is very lucky that so much attention has been drawn away from him and focused on bikers instead. This is around the time that Ted Bundy was on his rampage; I highly doubt he was the only one taking advantage of hitchhikers during this time period. There really isn't a lot of tangible evidence linking Amy to the bikers.

After reading the book, I'm convinced that people were just intent on getting money out of Sue, but I cannot fault her for trying every possible lead. Some of these sightings and such seemed so promising, including Branch talking about a scar Amy had that had never been publicized. Susan also found hair in a hairbrush that looked like her daughter's and was sent for testing. But it seems all for naught. People like Branch milked Sue and her husband's bank account dry and they were forced to sell their car and lose many of their assets, if I recall correctly. They really tried every possible avenue.

About Henry Blair, I believe he is just mentally ill and not involved.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #123
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Exactly. There was a UM segment (the one about the female police sketch artist who was raped and she used her experience to help others) that featured two brothers that got abducted at gunpoint and were taken in a van and they jumped from the van at 70 mph. How hard would it have been for Amy to jump off the bike if she were in fear for her life?
I remember this segment very vaguely, but can't recall any names! I would like to see it again.

And I agree with these sentiments. I doubt Amy was abducted by anyone on a motorcycle. At stoplights or just in general, she could have fought. She could have hitchhiked and gotten on one, perhaps, but I really doubt it. I bet her abductor had a car that was harder to get out of and even possibly had other occupants that could help restrain her. I really think she was in a car and thus no struggling would have been noticed by bystanders.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #124
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

A brand new age progression photograph has been made of Amy Billig:

Old 07-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #125
Necco

Am I the only one who thinks Henry Blair did this?
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #126
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necco
Am I the only one who thinks Henry Blair did this?
Nope. I'm with you. There are at least two hard probable links to Blair, one being the reference to "Hank" (Blair's nickname) in Amy's diary just over a month before she disappeared, and the photograph developed from the roll of film in Amy's camera showing a van matching the exact year, make, model, and color of one owned by Blair at the time. Yes, there were consistent stories from those in the biker community, but I personally don't feel like it was Amy they were all talking about (provided "Mute" even existed in the first place).

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #127
SheRaaa
Forum Regular

I read the book a few years ago, and after reading I, too, felt like Blair could have done it.
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:47 PM   #128
WishfulDreamer

Bumping for Amy. We're nearing the 41st year of her disappearance

I'm rereading Without a Trace, and I am starting to change my mind on the Henry Blair theory. He's a nutcase, but the "Hank" angle and the photograph of his car really bothers me. I wonder if she was on her way to lunch with friends, started hitchhiking, and he just happened to be driving around at the time so she got in the car with him, knowing and trusting him. Then because she didn't want to run off with him to South America (or they got into a similar argument), he killed her. We don't have an account of his day on the date of the disappearance, as far as I recall. We only know that he was certainly in town.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:20 PM   #129
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
Bumping for Amy. We're nearing the 41st year of her disappearance

I'm rereading Without a Trace, and I am starting to change my mind on the Henry Blair theory. He's a nutcase, but the "Hank" angle and the photograph of his car really bothers me. I wonder if she was on her way to lunch with friends, started hitchhiking, and he just happened to be driving around at the time so she got in the car with him, knowing and trusting him. Then because she didn't want to run off with him to South America (or they got into a similar argument), he killed her. We don't have an account of his day on the date of the disappearance, as far as I recall. We only know that he was certainly in town.
Forgive me if the question has been answered elsewhere and is obvious to everyone but me = but what is Henry Blair doing these days? Is he still alive?
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #130
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love A Good Mystery
Forgive me if the question has been answered elsewhere and is obvious to everyone but me = but what is Henry Blair doing these days? Is he still alive?
I hadn't heard any news about him dying, but this blog post says he died in 2006:
http://www.truecrimediary.com/index....e=cases&id=191
Old 06-25-2015, 02:54 AM   #131
wiseguy182

This article has a lot of additional info on the harassing phone calls Mrs. Billig received.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/03/us...ble-grief.html
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #132
dynoguy88

For anyone who listens to the Thinking Sideways podcast, the episode they released today covered Amy Billig.

https://player.fm/series/series-1389...-of-amy-billig
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #133
plmkr88
Frequent Poster

The chances of this getting solved now based on everything are so so low unfortunately.
plmkr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #134
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
For anyone who listens to the Thinking Sideways podcast, the episode they released today covered Amy Billig.

https://player.fm/series/series-1389...-of-amy-billig
Thank you for this.

Interesting how they say Blair is alive. Perhaps those sources that said he died in 2006 were incorrect, but I'm having difficulty finding much online.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:24 AM   #135
James T

For me she just hitched with the wrong guy or guys & the camera fell out of the car or she threw it out during a struggle to try to alert somebody to her predicament. If it was bikers then they wouldn't let a camera they could sell fall or even throw it to the ground. I think the bikers were trying to bilk her mother for money & although the story didn't say she paid them you have to suspect that is exactly what happened-I cannot see biker gang members helping her out of the kindness of their heart.

The guy who supposedly bought her & then sold her arranged for the little scene in the bar where just conveniently a taxi was waiting for her to be taken away when the 'fight' happened. I suspect she had paid that guy a large sum outside the bar before they went in or on the way there. These bikers had all these stories yet not one photo of her, didn't get her on the phone to speak to her mother, didn't produce any clothing etc for her mother to verify. Likely aside from fleecing her they were having some fun with her as well-like the truck stop call.

I heard the English thing was either a hoax or like all the other leads didn't pan out, I wonder if it was something that guy & the co-author in the USA who was interviewed on the show cooked up for publicity. The idea of some biker guy walking into a post office anywhere in the UK offering a female sex slave to random pensioners is laughable, even more so in a place like Falmouth.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote