Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #16
Lou Costello
Film Noir
Frequent Poster

Old 10-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #17
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k3Joker
haha!!!

You beat me to it !!

I was gonna do the same thing

(I think it's only funny to Canadians)
Thought I would try and lighten it up in here, geeze such hostility. Can't we all just get along??

Why can't everyone just play nice like Joker and I?

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, that’s a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Old 10-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #18
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Costello
Thanks, I think I get it now, only questions arise...

2. If say, your Perry Mason set is already on 4 other Traders list of shows, for trade ( and/or on sale online somewhere) then that would make your Perry Mason set no longer Premium item, true? since it's already alvailable through other traders, exactly like your current set... or (2) is being sold online somewhere, thus, your set is waiting for takers, while the exact duplicate set is making their rounds already all over the country....cutting out the middle-man, you?

you have 100% missed the point

the perry runs out there are on 100 or more discs

why would i allow my 48 disc set to tarded at half that rate

that would be stupid

and as far as people selling the perry sat

no one is

they are selling my old 50 disc selection of about 200 eps

not a complete set

feel free to check facts

you seem to have many non facts listed in this post

perry mason selection of about 200 eps, of cousre is the very set harvey is crying about and has been for several months
Old 10-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #19
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Why are people greedy with their Trade lists here? If you do not want to trade something, why post it? I thought this was for sharing. Now I'm reading, "You wish you had my stuff, or I would never want your stuff, etc.." " You can't ever get my stuff... my stuff is better than your stuff...are they all the same sets?

Why are people greeedy with their stuff here? Like possessive or someting.

ahhhh, you've never taken one of Uncle Loren's Business classes, have you? I can get you the CliffsNotes if you need them.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #20
lilhave

Quote:
Hey Harvey

What period are those "75 shows from Wonderful World of Disney"? Are these from the 1950's - 70's period?
I'd like to get some old Wonderful World Of Disney

Here is a Disney episode list

http://www.billcotter.com/tvbook/appendix-b.htm
Will send you a private list of what I have. Some come from Mickey Mouse club and the others are from wonderful world of Disney. Most have quality of 9.0 or better.

Harvey
Old 10-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #21
Lou Costello
Film Noir
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
you have 100% missed the point
No Sir, let me correct you

I said, "If".... the point was, if, and if, someone gets YOUR new Perry Mason set...it's theirs, thus it would make the rounds, trading community, online sales, etc...eventually land in Europe and across the country, thus rendering YOUR Perry mason set, no longer a Premium item, when folks, could then go to another trader who, to them, do not see it as a Premium List item, rather, they see it as another tv show, give me the same # of DVDs in trade, etc.. and so on...

Thus, if YOUR Perry Mason show was now in the hands of 4-6 traders already, making their rounds, you would agree then YOUR Perry Mason set is no longer Premium, to you or to anyone, since it is making the rounds...that was the point. You wold not trade it for other common shows, while others would....Once you let it go, a copy set, your set is no longer Premium, because then others will get it, surely get it from the new acquired sources...making your set moot, with no takers... that was all...if you never shared it, it's Premium...once its out, however nice it is, which it probably is, 14 other traders would soon have your set within a week, rendering YOUR set moot...that was all Loren You have good stuff Loren, but all your shows on your Premium List I see on several traders lists already already...for everyday common trades..nothing premium about those shows you have or list.....unless, unless you never let them go...then you have something there...

thanks loren
Old 10-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Will send you a private list of what I have. Some come from Mickey Mouse club and the others are from wonderful world of Disney. Most have quality of 9.0 or better.

Harvey
Thanks, I can send you some Bat Masterson that I think you might enjoy. (recording them presently)

I guess this can be our own premium trade.

Joker
Old 10-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #23
lilhave

Quote:

I said, "If".... the point was, if, and if, someone gets YOUR new Perry Mason set...it's theirs, thus it would make the rounds, trading community, online sales, etc...eventually land in Europe and across the country, thus rendering YOUR Perry mason set, no longer a Premium item, when folks, could then go to another trader who, to them, do not see it as a Premium List item, rather, they see it as another tv show, give me the same # of DVDs in trade, etc.. and so on...

Thus, if YOUR Perry Mason show was now in the hands of 4-6 traders already, making their rounds, you would agree then YOUR Perry Mason set is no longer Premium, to you or to anyone, since it is making the rounds...that was the point. You wold not trade it for other common shows, while others would....Once you let it go, a copy set, your set is no longer Premium, because then others will get it, surely get it from the new acquired sources...making your set moot, with no takers... that was all...if you never shared it, it's Premium...once its out, however nice it is, which it probabl is, 14 other traders would soon have your set within a week, rendering YOUR set moot...that was all Loren

thanks loren
Let's take it one more step. If I say " my set is premium" and you have nothing to trade me that's premium", I can then say "here is what I will charge you for the set", or you can give me thee to one for my set, because mine is premium? Take my word, the gambit works. You decide what you have is premium and decide if the other party's is premium. Of course it never is. Traders who just trade have a attitude of, I have something you want, and you have something I want, lets trade. That's what trading is all about. Sellers in some instances take a different approach. The word premium raises the price.

Harvey
Old 10-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #24
loren

Quote:

I said, "If".... :

the premium list is how i choose to protect my prime set

the joker has his differnt method to protect his hard work

we have bumped heads over that very issue

other members on this site, have other methods to protect their best items

if --as you say 4-5 others get the set from me

then i will have recouped some nice items in the process

a lot of nice stuff to be sure

all of my premium list items eventualy are removed from the prelium list

and are freely circulated on the normal list, with the other 99% of my holdings

heres a little hint

wait a couple months and whatever will become part of the normal list

wouldnt a better question be, why do youall feel the need to protect these things

well if i didnt , then certain folks would have them all over iofer that very same day, thus makeing the items of no use

seeing as how almost every one here with any amount of discs, is an ioffer seller, or a high priced private seller, or a direct supporter of a seller
Old 10-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #25
Lou Costello
Film Noir
Frequent Poster

Quote:
ahhhh, you've never taken one of Uncle Loren's Business classes, have you? I can get you the CliffsNotes if you need them.
Hi Joker! it pays to ask questions and to clarify and correct, when needed... am doing lots of reading here...it's fun! Everyone here has great stuff...but the premium list thrrough me for a loop... I thoguth it meant no one has it and it was special, etc... it's not though... but i figured it out... if you have Disney all episodes, and no one has it, it's Premium...if you're making sets left and right, there's nothing premium about it... that's all you and I like Disney.. trader X may not care for disney, and does not see anything premium about disney so it's value is only to the creator, holder or wanted... thanks joker...
Old 10-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #26
Lou Costello
Film Noir
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
the premium list is how i choose to protect my prime set

the joker has his differnt method to protect his hard work

we have bumped heads over that very issue

other members on this site, have other methods to protect their best items

if --as you say 4-5 others get the set from me

then i will have recouped some nice items in the process

a lot of nice stuff to be sure

all of my premium list items eventualy are removed from the prelium list

and are freely circulated on the normal list, with the other 99% of my holdings

heres a little hint

wait a couple months and whatever will become part of the normal list

wouldnt a better question be, why do youall feel the need to protect these things

well if i didnt , then certain folks would have them all over iofer that very same day, thus makeing the items of no use

seeing as how almost every one here with any amount of discs, is an ioffer seller, or a high priced private seller, or a direct supporter of a seller
Old 10-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #27
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:

Thus, if YOUR Perry Mason show was now in the hands of 4-6 traders already, making their rounds, you would agree then YOUR Perry Mason set is no longer Premium, to you or to anyone, since it is making the rounds...that was the point. You wold not trade it for other common shows, while others would....Once you let it go, a copy set, your set is no longer Premium, because then others will get it, surely get it from the new acquired sources...making your set moot, with no takers... that was all...if you never shared it, it's Premium...once its out, however nice it is, which it probably is, 14 other traders would soon have your set within a week, rendering YOUR set moot...that was all Loren You have good stuff Loren, but all your shows on your Premium List I see on several traders lists already already...for everyday common trades..nothing premium about those shows you have or list.....unless, unless you never let them go...then you have something there...

thanks loren
Does Monty have an evil twin????

Old 10-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #28
Lou Costello
Film Noir
Frequent Poster

Quote:
this can be our own premium trade. Joker
it sounds all stuffy, snooty prententious, doesn't it?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #29
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Let's take it one more step. If I say " my set is premium" and you have nothing to trade me that's premium", I can then say "here is what I will charge you for the set", or you can give me thee to one for my set, because mine is premium? Take my word, the gambit works. You decide what you have is premium and decide if the other party's is premium. Of course it never is. Traders who just trade have a attitude of, I have something you want, and you have something I want, lets trade. That's what trading is all about. Sellers in some instances take a different approach. The word premium raises the price.

Harvey
once again old harvey plays the seller card

but he forgets that loren isnt the only seller, and he benifits from sleers all the time

i would be more than happy to list the sellers that harvey deals with and supports on a regular basis

but yet he only has issues with lorens sets that are premium, and loren as a seller

and has run his pie hole for a longtime about it

the fact of the matter is, even old harvey has sold dvds

oh my gawd...............

the evil has consumed old harvey

isnt it about time old harvey gets himself something else to worry about

like a jack o lantern for the big holiday, something he may know a little about
Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #30
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
Does Monty have an evil twin????

OK J-Bone

lets not joke around about that one sir---- we all know the rule about multiple accounts and old uncle lamont is happy to NOT be in the dog house this week

Lou Costello 100% Aint me,
BUT my wife says im JUST AS SEXY AS HIM!!!!

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Closed Thread