Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato
Senior Member
 
savageamusement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2003
Posts: 2,083
Exclamation Abblessed316@aol.com

Well I was contacted by them tonight 3x




They contacted me, in request I remove them from the "trade with caution" area of Sitcoms.
Stating that since they are not a member here, I can not add them.

I disagree, and have as in the past always updated this list to those who are bad sellers
bad traders
And suspicious behavior.

The fact is

Their IP does in fact route to NY
while their address states Florida

They are only asking people to send first

They have shows NO one has seen on a list in a decade

And no one has any dealings with them
No feedback nor can they find a membership for them on any site.
And yet, they contacted to date, at least a dozen users-

So whiel they told me tonight they are not ON this site
They don't mind hwoever using the site to contact members-

This site was designed to provide a safe trading harbor for users
with modeartors, owners, administrators to help avoid scamming, and manipulative or deceptive behavior

The information - such as emails and lists are a privledge to those members, here-
to set up safe trades.

To contact users, and read the site,without being a member- to try to set up trades offering no security-
goes against the very idea of the system we have in place.
And therefore I stand my ground and will not remove them from the list.

As well they are on 2 Yahoo Scammer Alert lists, as well as 2 private sites I frequent.
So why they are selecting this site, makes me wonder
as has the rest of their behavior thus far.

However, I stand by the fact I feel contacting members on a site you are not registered to, asking them to send first and set up a trade that has no protection, IS SUSPICIOUS.

if anyone disagrees with this, please let me know.
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default welll

i will say this

it looks bad
they have no references, and are not doing much to prove or defend themselves

if they have all this stuff, then SURELY they must have traded before
with someone????

and if they want to make good and prove themselves, then do a trade and send first---- be safe and trade with a well known trader and send first


ill say this, SOMETIMES these SUSPICIOUS situations arise, and 99.99% of the time, it pans out they were a scammer

i hope its wrong, but given the facts and the fishiness......

i think u did the right thing, and if they disagree, they need to step up and prove themselves!
__________________

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
As well they are on 2 Yahoo Scammer Alert lists, as well as 2 private sites I frequent.
.

on 4 other sites listed as a scammer/??????


oh, im sure that all must be a mistake?????

GET REAL!!!!



he is listed on the scammer alerts on 4 other sites, BUT suddenly he had a change of heart and wants to trade here????

HERES AN IDEA---- if he wants to make right--- how about going to those other 4 boards, and whoever has SCAMMER issues with him, maybe he could start by fixing THOSE ISSUES before he racks up more??

and if they check this site out---- i am curious as to why they wouldnt join??? so they could speak up for themselves???? very fishy..... i mean, i dont usually go to sites im NOT a member of and set up trades....

lamont, just thinking aloud....
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato
Senior Member
 
savageamusement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2003
Posts: 2,083
Default wow

They uhm replied to me tonight and said as far as the address goes


" hello i was so tired that i forgot i live in new york city i dont know why i gave them the wrong address that was my fault."




Wow that is really tired.

To forget where you live

I stand by my decision.

until I hear successful trades at least

As Lamont said

why contact all the members here
and not join.
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #5
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default DAMN!!!

i work nights
and have 3 sons and a wife and a million chicks and porch dogs and im old and out of shape
and ive NEVER been so tired that I forget where i live..... not just a little but 1000 miles away

they must be REALLLLLL TIRED!!!




Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
why contact all the members here
and not join.
maybe in addition to forgetting where they live

and of course, forgetting to make right on the other 4 sites that put them on the scammer alerts

maybe they forgot how to use a computer and they cant join



Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular
 
digitalmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14, 2006
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement

" hello i was so tired that i forgot i live in new york city i dont know why i gave them the wrong address that was my fault."


Thank you. I will laugh at this for a long time.
__________________
Top of Want List

Toupie and Binoo
NHL games
What's New Mr. Magoo?
Abbott and Costello Animated Series
Tales of the Wizard of Oz
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em


http://www.freewebs.com/digital_monkey/
digitalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
Well I was contacted by them tonight 3x




They contacted me, in request I remove them from the "trade with caution" area of Sitcoms.
Stating that since they are not a member here, I can not add them.

I disagree, and have as in the past always updated this list to those who are bad sellers
bad traders
And suspicious behavior.

The fact is

Their IP does in fact route to NY
while their address states Florida

They are only asking people to send first

They have shows NO one has seen on a list in a decade

And no one has any dealings with them
No feedback nor can they find a membership for them on any site.
And yet, they contacted to date, at least a dozen users-

So whiel they told me tonight they are not ON this site
They don't mind hwoever using the site to contact members-

This site was designed to provide a safe trading harbor for users
with modeartors, owners, administrators to help avoid scamming, and manipulative or deceptive behavior

The information - such as emails and lists are a privledge to those members, here-
to set up safe trades.

To contact users, and read the site,without being a member- to try to set up trades offering no security-
goes against the very idea of the system we have in place.
And therefore I stand my ground and will not remove them from the list.

As well they are on 2 Yahoo Scammer Alert lists, as well as 2 private sites I frequent.
So why they are selecting this site, makes me wonder
as has the rest of their behavior thus far.

However, I stand by the fact I feel contacting members on a site you are not registered to, asking them to send first and set up a trade that has no protection, IS SUSPICIOUS.

if anyone disagrees with this, please let me know.

The person asked me to send them eps for free-lol I didn't even waste energy responding to that
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #9
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default

well its good to see that they are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY scammer

willing to pull the wool over Everyones eyes

ha ha ha



asking for freebies?? at least they were being HONEST for once!!!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
well its good to see that they are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY scammer

willing to pull the wool over Everyones eyes

ha ha ha



asking for freebies?? at least they were being HONEST for once!!!


Yeah I guess i should get started on their tape now, so I can use my money to send them the eps after standing in line-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #11
kix_dude
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 04, 2003
Posts: 131
Send a message via MSN to kix_dude Send a message via Yahoo to kix_dude
Default

Forgot that he was sending my shows on a SUNDAY too
kix_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix_dude
Forgot that he was sending my shows on a SUNDAY too

Don't give up Hope-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:06 PM   #13
kix_dude
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 04, 2003
Posts: 131
Send a message via MSN to kix_dude Send a message via Yahoo to kix_dude
Default

he must have been REAL tired cuz he forgot to ask for my address so he could send them on Suinday too.
kix_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix_dude
he must have been REAL tired cuz he forgot to ask for my address so he could send them on Suinday too.

So are you saying that he already told you he sent them and u never gave him your addy????????????-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
kix_dude
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 04, 2003
Posts: 131
Send a message via MSN to kix_dude Send a message via Yahoo to kix_dude
Default

yepperz. Interesting, eh? He said he was mailing them Sunday, but he forgot he was mailing them then.
kix_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.