Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #31
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Two weeks ago it was one disk. Guess your changing it.?

Harvey

The shows that i want only have 3 or 4 eps anyway which makes it a one disc trade. It's not like I say-"ONLY ONE DISC TRADES". The shows I want don;t have a lot of eps to start with so there will never be 20-25 discs trades. Understand what I'm trying to explain to you Harv?
TVFactFan is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #32
lilhave
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
The shows that i want only have 3 or 4 eps anyway which makes it a one disc trade. It's not like I say-"ONLY ONE DISC TRADES". The shows I want don;t have a lot of eps to start with so there will never be 20-25 discs trades. Understand what I'm trying to explain to you Harv?
Sure do, if you understand what I'm saying. The wide, wide, wide, majority look for MORE THEN ONE DISC TRADES, trying have as complete a series as possible. A trader if he likes a particular show would like to have as much of that series as possible. Of course it's easier to trade or sell when a series is complete. One episode is needed just to complete a series.

Of course with no burner or duplicator your not equipped to do more then one or two tapes at a time. Maybe the time will come and you will like others want to have a complete run, till then do it one episode, on tape at a time.

I'm sure you have seen folks lists where completness is the vougue? Who knows, maybe when you purchase some equipment you will want to expand, till then, good luck in your quest for the one episode,WOC, and of course the promo included.

Harvey
lilhave is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #33
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Sure do, if you understand what I'm saying. The wide, wide, wide, majority look for MORE THEN ONE DISC TRADES, trying have as complete a series as possible. A trader if he likes a particular show would like to have as much of that series as possible. Of course it's easier to trade or sell when a series is complete. One episode is needed just to complete a series.

Of course with no burner or duplicator your not equipped to do more then one or two tapes at a time. Maybe the time will come and you will like others want to have a complete run, till then do it one episode, on tape at a time.

I'm sure you have seen folks lists where completness is the vougue? Who knows, maybe when you purchase some equipment you will want to expand, till then, good luck in your quest for the one episode,WOC, and of course the promo included.

Harvey

But what about when I want as many eps as possible of Out of the Blue from 1979 and there are only 2 out there? And then I want as many eps as possible of Lewis and Clark and there are only 4 out there? How could i complete the series if the eps are not out there?
TVFactFan is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #34
loren
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
But what about when I want as many eps as possible of Out of the Blue from 1979 and there are only 2 out there? And then I want as many eps as possible of Lewis and Clark and there are only 4 out there? How could i complete the series if the eps are not out there?
thats quite simple

adjust your wants to something else, its much more fun to get things in the mailbox, rather that cry about not haveing things

enjoy the items you get, and just maybe soe day that other crap will show up

seriously, theres nothing better than going to the mail box and getting a trade lot of 250 discs from a long time reliable and honest trader of which you have a long term relationship with, or even 30 , 40 , 50 disc package as well

its like being 6 years old and its xmas
loren is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #35
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
thats quite simple

adjust your wants to something else, its much more fun to get things in the mailbox, rather that cry about not haveing things

enjoy the items you get, and just maybe soe day that other crap will show up

seriously, theres nothing better than going to the mail box and getting a trade lot of 250 discs from a long time reliable and honest trader of which you have a long term relationship with, or even 30 , 40 , 50 disc package as well

its like being 6 years old and its xmas

I know what you mean, since I'm also a SportsTrader My mailbox is always stuffed with packages
TVFactFan is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 11:38 AM   #36
loren
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I know what you mean, since I'm also a SportsTrader My mailbox is always stuffed with packages
you have to admit, thats some good assed feeling getting stuff

i remember about 4 years ago, i received a 1961 nfl championship game on a couple dvds

boy howdy i got in the house and played it all the way through

i wasnt a tv dvd whore then

i had a few packers dvds of games, etc

but talk about sheer joy


i still get that feeling even afterclose to 15000 dvds

yes i have some unreal wants as well

but i enjoy the other victories while i wait for the real big score to find my mailbox

i have already received numerous things that i thought werent possible

i remember how jazzed up i got when i put the 40 disc seahunt set together

numerous deals and trades to get this group and that group, and one day, bingo, i found the entire last season, and there it was all done, what a struggle, but a great end result --feeling wise

this stuff is a hobby

the dictionary says a hobby is supposed to be fun

loosen up and enjoy this stuff

you know the rare shows your seeking --purely suck--viewing wise

thats why i suggest some other diversions to keep you occupied, some day that stuff will show, i know it wil
loren is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #37
lilhave
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I know what you mean, since I'm also a SportsTrader My mailbox is always stuffed with packages
Problem is, this is basically not a sports trading board but a tv show board and if you look at your requests, most go unheeded. As Lorn said, expand your interests but with no ability to duplicate a disk, your options are limited.
You are relegated to one disk, one tape, 2 or 3 episodes at a time.

Since your interests lie in the 1970-1980 range are you saying you dislike all series that ran for 2 or 3 years or more? I feelit's that as you have no ability to duplicate them. To narrow yourself down to only series that were short lived, for in most cases ratings were poor, will insure you of not doing much trading.

No reason to bring up sports as it's a different game. One NBA game, one baseball game or one football game can be placed on a tape and if you want to store millions of tapes, that's your business but tv shows that run for years vs a sporting event which is 3 hours and over is not a fair comparison.

Harvey
lilhave is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #38
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Problem is, this is basically not a sports trading board but a tv show board and if you look at your requests, most go unheeded. As Lorn said, expand your interests but with no ability to duplicate a disk, your options are limited.
You are relegated to one disk, one tape, 2 or 3 episodes at a time.

Since your interests lie in the 1970-1980 range are you saying you dislike all series that ran for 2 or 3 years or more? I feelit's that as you have no ability to duplicate them. To narrow yourself down to only series that were short lived, for in most cases ratings were poor, will insure you of not doing much trading.

No reason to bring up sports as it's a different game. One NBA game, one baseball game or one football game can be placed on a tape and if you want to store millions of tapes, that's your business but tv shows that run for years vs a sporting event which is 3 hours and over is not a fair comparison.

Harvey

Well the Shows that ran much longer I have on Retail DVD's. I like to trade for shows you can't buy from amazon.com or Best buy so the hobby can always be interesting and never get boring. I love the challenge of finding a show that was only on the air for 7 weeks because it makes trading more fun. I don't really worry about how big I can make my collection, my main focus is finding those obscure shows that I don;t see on anyone's list.
TVFactFan is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #39
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back
Senior Member
 
Lex Luthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07, 2005
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 2,371
Default Deja Vu

Haven't we all seen this movie before? The original was pretty freakin boring but this topic has been sequelled enough times to make Rocky XXXIX appealing.





__________________
I look forward to resuming our verbal judo - Lex Luthor
It's a complicated world, Clark. Only the naïve view it in black and white - Lex Luthor

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, that’s a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Lex Luthor is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #40
loren
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 1,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
Haven't we all seen this movie before? The original was pretty freakin boring but this topic has been sequelled enough times to make Rocky XXXIX appealing.






quit telling the truth

you wanna hurt someones feelings??
loren is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #41
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: In Hell
Posts: 61,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Well the Shows that ran much longer I have on Retail DVD's. I like to trade for shows you can't buy from amazon.com or Best buy so the hobby can always be interesting and never get boring. I love the challenge of finding a show that was only on the air for 7 weeks because it makes trading more fun. I don't really worry about how big I can make my collection, my main focus is finding those obscure shows that I don;t see on anyone's list.
I can understand what you're saying. You're trying to get obsecure shows from the 70's and 80's manly that you can't find anywhere else. Why would anyone want to trade for a whole set when the show's out in the stores already on DVD? If I was trading I'd probably keep it small too. All people are different . Some have Big collections and some small ones. Plus when they're small it's easier to be able to watch them to make sure their isn't a defect on it.
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #42
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default ....

I do not understand this at all

we have had this same thread like 10 times this year

ALWAYS started by the same person and the THEME is always the same

"DVDS GO BAD--- SAVE YOUR VHS TAPES" (never mind that tapes degrade also, and can get damaged and are much harder to back up and the fact that each time u make a copy it degrades them and the copy ALWAYS loses quality)
and
"BIG TRADES BAD--- SMALL TRADES GOOD"

i fully 100% understand where everyone stands on these issues
so why do we have the same discussion over and over and over

each time i see the thread started i think "OH! he must have changed his opinions, b/c its here again---- and no, it is always the same"


LOL

i just dont see the point of rehashing this topic every 3 or 4 weeks, unless opinions change
__________________

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #43
tvfan0101
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 29, 2003
Posts: 934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
ALWAYS started by the same person and the THEME is always the same
Be fair, now, the "context" of the "argument" regarding VHS being better then DVD is always slightly different.
tvfan0101 is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #44
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular
 
RedWhine56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2005
Location: In the "Secret Room" with the cronies!
Posts: 743
Default

Some people get thier jollies by getting people riled up and then calls in the A Team to fight for him, while he slinks away & watches. Happens every time. Since it takes 2 to tango, just don't play with him. JMO.
__________________
Off to Never, Never Land...

...Metallica

Last edited by savageamusement; 07-25-2006 at 09:21 PM.
RedWhine56 is offline  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #45
lilhave
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Solomon gets his jollies by getting people riled up and then calls in the A Team to fight for him, while he slinks away & watches. Happens every time. Since it takes 2 to tango, just don't play with him. JMO.
Are you saying that when he gets bored in about two weeks, he will bring up the topic again and then say "I don't remember asking it before"? Please tell me you don't mean that?

Harvey
lilhave is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.