Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #31
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Two weeks ago it was one disk. Guess your changing it.?

Harvey

The shows that i want only have 3 or 4 eps anyway which makes it a one disc trade. It's not like I say-"ONLY ONE DISC TRADES". The shows I want don;t have a lot of eps to start with so there will never be 20-25 discs trades. Understand what I'm trying to explain to you Harv?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #32
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
The shows that i want only have 3 or 4 eps anyway which makes it a one disc trade. It's not like I say-"ONLY ONE DISC TRADES". The shows I want don;t have a lot of eps to start with so there will never be 20-25 discs trades. Understand what I'm trying to explain to you Harv?
Sure do, if you understand what I'm saying. The wide, wide, wide, majority look for MORE THEN ONE DISC TRADES, trying have as complete a series as possible. A trader if he likes a particular show would like to have as much of that series as possible. Of course it's easier to trade or sell when a series is complete. One episode is needed just to complete a series.

Of course with no burner or duplicator your not equipped to do more then one or two tapes at a time. Maybe the time will come and you will like others want to have a complete run, till then do it one episode, on tape at a time.

I'm sure you have seen folks lists where completness is the vougue? Who knows, maybe when you purchase some equipment you will want to expand, till then, good luck in your quest for the one episode,WOC, and of course the promo included.

Harvey
Old 07-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #33
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Sure do, if you understand what I'm saying. The wide, wide, wide, majority look for MORE THEN ONE DISC TRADES, trying have as complete a series as possible. A trader if he likes a particular show would like to have as much of that series as possible. Of course it's easier to trade or sell when a series is complete. One episode is needed just to complete a series.

Of course with no burner or duplicator your not equipped to do more then one or two tapes at a time. Maybe the time will come and you will like others want to have a complete run, till then do it one episode, on tape at a time.

I'm sure you have seen folks lists where completness is the vougue? Who knows, maybe when you purchase some equipment you will want to expand, till then, good luck in your quest for the one episode,WOC, and of course the promo included.

Harvey

But what about when I want as many eps as possible of Out of the Blue from 1979 and there are only 2 out there? And then I want as many eps as possible of Lewis and Clark and there are only 4 out there? How could i complete the series if the eps are not out there?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #34
loren

Quote:
But what about when I want as many eps as possible of Out of the Blue from 1979 and there are only 2 out there? And then I want as many eps as possible of Lewis and Clark and there are only 4 out there? How could i complete the series if the eps are not out there?
thats quite simple

adjust your wants to something else, its much more fun to get things in the mailbox, rather that cry about not haveing things

enjoy the items you get, and just maybe soe day that other crap will show up

seriously, theres nothing better than going to the mail box and getting a trade lot of 250 discs from a long time reliable and honest trader of which you have a long term relationship with, or even 30 , 40 , 50 disc package as well

its like being 6 years old and its xmas
Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #35
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
thats quite simple

adjust your wants to something else, its much more fun to get things in the mailbox, rather that cry about not haveing things

enjoy the items you get, and just maybe soe day that other crap will show up

seriously, theres nothing better than going to the mail box and getting a trade lot of 250 discs from a long time reliable and honest trader of which you have a long term relationship with, or even 30 , 40 , 50 disc package as well

its like being 6 years old and its xmas

I know what you mean, since I'm also a SportsTrader My mailbox is always stuffed with packages
Old 07-25-2006, 11:38 AM   #36
loren

Quote:
I know what you mean, since I'm also a SportsTrader My mailbox is always stuffed with packages
you have to admit, thats some good assed feeling getting stuff

i remember about 4 years ago, i received a 1961 nfl championship game on a couple dvds

boy howdy i got in the house and played it all the way through

i wasnt a tv dvd whore then

i had a few packers dvds of games, etc

but talk about sheer joy

i still get that feeling even afterclose to 15000 dvds

yes i have some unreal wants as well

but i enjoy the other victories while i wait for the real big score to find my mailbox

i have already received numerous things that i thought werent possible

i remember how jazzed up i got when i put the 40 disc seahunt set together

numerous deals and trades to get this group and that group, and one day, bingo, i found the entire last season, and there it was all done, what a struggle, but a great end result --feeling wise

this stuff is a hobby

the dictionary says a hobby is supposed to be fun

loosen up and enjoy this stuff

you know the rare shows your seeking --purely suck--viewing wise

thats why i suggest some other diversions to keep you occupied, some day that stuff will show, i know it wil
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 AM   #37
lilhave

Quote:
Problem is, this is basically not a sports trading board but a tv show board and if you look at your requests, most go unheeded. As Lorn said, expand your interests but with no ability to duplicate a disk, your options are limited.
You are relegated to one disk, one tape, 2 or 3 episodes at a time.

Since your interests lie in the 1970-1980 range are you saying you dislike all series that ran for 2 or 3 years or more? I feelit's that as you have no ability to duplicate them. To narrow yourself down to only series that were short lived, for in most cases ratings were poor, will insure you of not doing much trading.

No reason to bring up sports as it's a different game. One NBA game, one baseball game or one football game can be placed on a tape and if you want to store millions of tapes, that's your business but tv shows that run for years vs a sporting event which is 3 hours and over is not a fair comparison.

Harvey
Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #38
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Problem is, this is basically not a sports trading board but a tv show board and if you look at your requests, most go unheeded. As Lorn said, expand your interests but with no ability to duplicate a disk, your options are limited.
You are relegated to one disk, one tape, 2 or 3 episodes at a time.

Since your interests lie in the 1970-1980 range are you saying you dislike all series that ran for 2 or 3 years or more? I feelit's that as you have no ability to duplicate them. To narrow yourself down to only series that were short lived, for in most cases ratings were poor, will insure you of not doing much trading.

No reason to bring up sports as it's a different game. One NBA game, one baseball game or one football game can be placed on a tape and if you want to store millions of tapes, that's your business but tv shows that run for years vs a sporting event which is 3 hours and over is not a fair comparison.

Harvey

Well the Shows that ran much longer I have on Retail DVD's. I like to trade for shows you can't buy from amazon.com or Best buy so the hobby can always be interesting and never get boring. I love the challenge of finding a show that was only on the air for 7 weeks because it makes trading more fun. I don't really worry about how big I can make my collection, my main focus is finding those obscure shows that I don;t see on anyone's list.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #39
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Default Deja Vu

Haven't we all seen this movie before? The original was pretty freakin boring but this topic has been sequelled enough times to make Rocky XXXIX appealing.

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, that’s a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Old 07-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #40
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
Haven't we all seen this movie before? The original was pretty freakin boring but this topic has been sequelled enough times to make Rocky XXXIX appealing.

quit telling the truth

you wanna hurt someones feelings??
Old 07-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #41
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Well the Shows that ran much longer I have on Retail DVD's. I like to trade for shows you can't buy from amazon.com or Best buy so the hobby can always be interesting and never get boring. I love the challenge of finding a show that was only on the air for 7 weeks because it makes trading more fun. I don't really worry about how big I can make my collection, my main focus is finding those obscure shows that I don;t see on anyone's list.
I can understand what you're saying. You're trying to get obsecure shows from the 70's and 80's manly that you can't find anywhere else. Why would anyone want to trade for a whole set when the show's out in the stores already on DVD? If I was trading I'd probably keep it small too. All people are different . Some have Big collections and some small ones. Plus when they're small it's easier to be able to watch them to make sure their isn't a defect on it.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #42
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ....

I do not understand this at all

we have had this same thread like 10 times this year

ALWAYS started by the same person and the THEME is always the same

"DVDS GO BAD--- SAVE YOUR VHS TAPES" (never mind that tapes degrade also, and can get damaged and are much harder to back up and the fact that each time u make a copy it degrades them and the copy ALWAYS loses quality)
and
"BIG TRADES BAD--- SMALL TRADES GOOD"

i fully 100% understand where everyone stands on these issues
so why do we have the same discussion over and over and over

each time i see the thread started i think "OH! he must have changed his opinions, b/c its here again---- and no, it is always the same"

LOL

i just dont see the point of rehashing this topic every 3 or 4 weeks, unless opinions change

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 07-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #43
tvfan0101
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
ALWAYS started by the same person and the THEME is always the same
Be fair, now, the "context" of the "argument" regarding VHS being better then DVD is always slightly different.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #44
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Some people get thier jollies by getting people riled up and then calls in the A Team to fight for him, while he slinks away & watches. Happens every time. Since it takes 2 to tango, just don't play with him. JMO.

...Metallica

Last edited by savageamusement; 07-25-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #45
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Solomon gets his jollies by getting people riled up and then calls in the A Team to fight for him, while he slinks away & watches. Happens every time. Since it takes 2 to tango, just don't play with him. JMO.
Are you saying that when he gets bored in about two weeks, he will bring up the topic again and then say "I don't remember asking it before"? Please tell me you don't mean that?

Harvey
Closed Thread