Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #31
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
if i wronged someone

step up

state your case

but the absolutely weak stuff i see above, is just that

very weak

i didnt know it wasnt uncut and need a refund---wrong next

i cant find mr ed eps, even though a moderator made the set and reaffirmed it was complete----and i want a refund--wrong next

the eddie thing was handled by eddie very poorly, i would have taken care of him, either by getting the disc fixed , or a n adjustment of some type, he didnt allow me that , he sought them elsewhere

and i surely cant be expected to compensate him for his expenses, if i wasnt given the chance to fix it

every one who trades-sells--gives away disc, will have an episode problem at times

if i posted every time i had a missing one or a missing disc come to me, i would be posting all day everyday about it,

most people pass it off on the original source--example--thats the way i got it from --stinky34

i take responsibility for my items,i do something, although it does take time to find and get the eps at some points, or something in its place to make up for the issue

no one is going to sit there and tell me you look over every episode that you trade--sell-give away, im not buying that one at all

so dont sit there and hold me to doing that,
I agree no one sits there and looks at every episode and there lies the problem. When a manufacturer purports his product to be such and such he must stand by it and if not, refund. I believe a seller or trader takes a chance when he or she makes a trade in the sense the goods are as they say they are. When selling the the standard is significantly raised, the person expects that he or she is getting what they paid for, no less,no more. In trading some amends can be made, giving some more disks etc. but a buyer wants what they are paying for and expect the product to be as advertised.

My bit of advice to all sellers, and not just Loren, check your merchandise before you sell it. I gurarantee better then half the problems can be avoided.
I don't believe you mean Loren as you said you have no intents or interest of checking what you have befroe selling, relying on the word of who you traded or purchased from. We all know of those who will say or doing anything for a trade.

Bottom line, buyer asks questions, and seller check before you state "I have this and that"

Harvey
Old 07-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #32
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
I don't believe you mean Loren as you said you have no intents or interest of checking what you have befroe selling, relying on the word of who you traded or purchased from.
Harvey
harvey, i dont know where you got this idea from

but thats not my intention to say that

i say i cant look at every episode

and no one else does either

i can name names of people who advertise and try to tarde and sell items, far previous to their ever getting them in their hands

i do a sampling of episode checks

to look for quality

but as far as checking each episode for 100% length, correct title, etc etc

no thats not possible for anyone

harvey,

i made the mission impossible 26 disc seasons 1-4 set, so im very certain that 104 eps are all correct

ill not name names and throw folks under the bus, but we both know who made the missionn impossible seasons 5-7 on 15 discs

which is the start of this thread--problem

that person is well trusted, very honest, and does great work, but had a little problem

i trust that persons work, and this time there was a boo boo

given a normal approach to the issue, it would have been resolved in a swift and effective fashion, and i would have supplied eddie with the fixer

but that wasnt allowed to happen this time

the same person made the nice rawhide set and forgot episode 162 on the disc, my trade partner noticed this, emailed me, i emailed the set maker, he dropped me a corrected disc, i shipped it off to my guy, all better, no big deal

thats the way it should happen

not jump out and run the mouth and claim this and that, over a couple eps, and once the threats come to me, forget it, game over, out of the pool
Old 07-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #33
Lee G
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

LOL Loren I like how you put your own spin on things. You're good. Yes, there were duplicate episodes in the set you sent me. And there were episodes that had no sound. One episode in particular, the sound disappeared half way thru the episode and was absent the rest of the way. That was aggravating. At that point, I really didn't care anymore. The set was a mess, there were too many problems and I didn't want anything fixed or corrected. I didn't even ask for a refund. I was really very nice about the whole thing, I let you off the hook easy. My one mistake was in gambling that the Hazel set from you would have uncut episodes. I should have known better. But it doesn't take away from the fact that the disks were poorly edited, had duplicate episodes and there were episodes with no sound. I got ripped off. Oh, well. Live and learn. I will never conduct another transaction from this forum again. And I can 99.9 percent guarantee you that when season one of Hazel comes out, the episodes will be uncut. Sony doesn't put out any junk. And I have yet to see an official DVD TV show release without uncut episodes. All that remains to be seen is if they will release all 5 seasons. Hopefully they will.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #34
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee G
I didn't want anything fixed or corrected. I didn't even ask for a refund.

lee

you didnt want anything fixed and didnt ask for a refund

sorry sir, you did ask for a refund--

and your correct you never wanted any thing fixed, or even tell me what was wrong

your issue was episode length

so by your statement from your post

what am i supposed to do to make you all better

and now the editing is bad, well i left the original commercials in for a reason

on old shows like that, many people seek the original adds, and since hazel has many adds where the show cast does the adds, almost like part of the show, i believe its a nice thing

if this series was 10 years never, solomon would drive to my house to get it with all those original adds
Old 07-11-2006, 12:40 PM   #35
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee G
LOL Loren I like how you put your own spin on things. You're good. Yes, there were duplicate episodes in the set you sent me. And there were episodes that had no sound. One episode in particular, the sound disappeared half way thru the episode and was absent the rest of the way. That was aggravating. At that point, I really didn't care anymore. The set was a mess, there were too many problems and I didn't want anything fixed or corrected. I didn't even ask for a refund. I was really very nice about the whole thing, I let you off the hook easy. My one mistake was in gambling that the Hazel set from you would have uncut episodes. I should have known better. But it doesn't take away from the fact that the disks were poorly edited, had duplicate episodes and there were episodes with no sound. I got ripped off. Oh, well. Live and learn. I will never conduct another transaction from this forum again. And I can 99.9 percent guarantee you that when season one of Hazel comes out, the episodes will be uncut. Sony doesn't put out any junk. And I have yet to see an official DVD TV show release without uncut episodes. All that remains to be seen is if they will release all 5 seasons. Hopefully they will.
You keep telling us that you are leaving like we are going to be heart broken. Trading isn't for someone like you who wants perfection. I wish I lived in my own little bubble where I could believe that everything I want is going to come out and that no dvd sets are cut. You've never seen the junk that Sony has put out? I wish I were as lucky as you.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #36
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasimon1
You keep telling us that you are leaving like we are going to be heart broken. Trading isn't for someone like you who wants perfection. I wish I lived in my own little bubble where I could believe that everything I want is going to come out and that no dvd sets are cut. You've never seen the junk that Sony has put out? I wish I were as lucky as you.
i have all the columbia house perry mason releases

at least 3 have been cut

i have all the col house land of the giants

the first two eps have been cut

maybe the originals were poor in those areas, who knows

butt he key to getting anything, no matter what it is

is ask questions before you commit

you dont buy a car and then cry becasue it doesnt have cruise control, and you assumed it would
Old 07-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #37
Lee G
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Loren, I said I would LIKE to have a refund but would not pursue it. I had already wrote it off as a loss. Yes, my main concern is uncut episodes but that aside the set from you had duplicate episodes and others had no sound and those were two major problems. Some of your Hazel shows are transfers from film with original ads. That's good, but most are from TV Land/WOR where they chop off 3-4 minutes from the episodes. Not good, I hate when TV stations do that. Show the entire episode and don't be advertising greedy, for christ sake.

jasimon, What has Sony released that you define as junk? LOL, nice try, mon. The Hazel DVD's will be just fine. Give it up.

Last edited by Lee G; 07-11-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #38
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
I agree no one sits there and looks at every episode and there lies the problem. When a manufacturer purports his product to be such and such he must stand by it and if not, refund. I believe a seller or trader takes a chance when he or she makes a trade in the sense the goods are as they say they are. When selling the the standard is significantly raised, the person expects that he or she is getting what they paid for, no less,no more. In trading some amends can be made, giving some more disks etc. but a buyer wants what they are paying for and expect the product to be as advertised.

My bit of advice to all sellers, and not just Loren, check your merchandise before you sell it. I gurarantee better then half the problems can be avoided.
I don't believe you mean Loren as you said you have no intents or interest of checking what you have befroe selling, relying on the word of who you traded or purchased from. We all know of those who will say or doing anything for a trade.

Bottom line, buyer asks questions, and seller check before you state "I have this and that"

Harvey

Which is why I would never buy a complete set of anything on DVD because most probably don;t check every ep and I know most of you will say who has the time but if it's something you are selling you have to do it. I wanted to buy a complete set of CPO Sharkey off ebay last week and just passed because i know i would be taking a big risk
Old 07-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #39
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Which is why I would never buy a complete set of anything on DVD because most probably don;t check every ep and I know most of you will say who has the time but if it's something you are selling you have to do it. I wanted to buy a complete set of CPO Sharkey off ebay last week and just passed because i know i would be taking a big risk-lol
fyp

Toupie and Binoo
NHL games
What's New Mr. Magoo?
Abbott and Costello Animated Series
Tales of the Wizard of Oz
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

http://www.freewebs.com/digital_monkey/
Old 07-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #40
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
fyp

Hey Buddy, how are you
Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #41
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default aaahhhh

ok ENOUGH IS ENOUGH People

my god, and people say I beat dead horses

ok here are some observations

1. no trader can check EVERY THING 100%--- we try, for instance if i get a 20 disc set of a show with 100 episodes from a trader i dont know--- i put in the discs and mark off ep by ep til its all accounted for--- NOW YES, ITS POSSIBLE that an episode is mislabeled, it happens sometimes, but its NOT the end of the world, and it does NOT make the set junk---- and i spot check on quality, and check many discs, but nothing is foolproof

2. its IMPOSSIBLE to watch EVERY EPISODE of EVERY SET to be 100% sure its not mislabeled, so sometimes one will sneak in, it happens to all of us

3. if a set has issues such as ep duplicated or ep with no sound, etc, THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE IT is to make 1 detailed email with EXACT NATURE of all issues clearly spelled out such as----

disc 15-- ep 12 is dupe of ep 11, missing ep 12
disc 14-- ep 9 has no sound, etc etc etc and

then give the other party a reasonable chance to fix it
ALSO if u do not give the other party a chance to fix it and are not willing to work to resolve it, then i think its a cheap shot to post the problem on any site like this publicly

4. editing issues---- i get sets in sometimes that are not edited as well as id like---- BUT AM I GOING TO SPEND 100 hours to redo the set from scratch? to remove 1/10th of a second of commercial cuts? no, of course not, how it comes to me, is usually how it stays

5.if mistakes or disagreements happen, personal attacks and childish name calling such as saying SO AND SO is RETARDED or a MORON, only make the poster look foolish and give the impression to other traders--- that the person making the attacks is "DIFFICULT" and not someone to trade with

now i dont pretend to know all the inner details of these trades and i dont know all the facts, but i can say that 1- it does not need multiple threads started --- some that are just plain attacking someone and name calling, 2. it can be handled more maturely and more intelligently, and 3. it seems as if these are some pretty minor issues that people are blowing way out of proportion here!

*** and just for TVRESEARCHER--- i DO have the complete CPO SHARKEY set on 8 discs, with menus, all eps are there and all are complete

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 07-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #42
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

that cpo sharkey series sure looks good and lamont you ane right again i apologize even if its not accepted . my conscience is clear god bless you ,loren and every other trader.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #43
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont

1. no trader can check EVERY THING 100%--- we try, for instance if i get a 20 disc set of a show with 100 episodes from a trader i dont know--- i put in the discs and mark off ep by ep til its all accounted for--- NOW YES, ITS POSSIBLE that an episode is mislabeled, it happens sometimes, but its NOT the end of the world, and it does NOT make the set junk---- and i spot check on quality, and check many discs, but nothing is foolproof

2. its IMPOSSIBLE to watch EVERY EPISODE of EVERY SET to be 100% sure its not mislabeled, so sometimes one will sneak in, it happens to all of us

3. if a set has issues such as ep duplicated or ep with no sound, etc, THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE IT is to make 1 detailed email with EXACT NATURE of all issues clearly spelled out such as----

ALSO if u do not give the other party a chance to fix it and are not willing to work to resolve it, then i think its a cheap shot to post the problem on any site like this publicly

4. editing issues---- i get sets in sometimes that are not edited as well as id like---- BUT AM I GOING TO SPEND 100 hours to redo the set from scratch? to remove 1/10th of a second of commercial cuts? no, of course not, how it comes to me, is usually how it stays

5.if mistakes or disagreements happen, personal attacks and childish name calling such as saying SO AND SO is RETARDED or a MORON, only make the poster look foolish and give the impression to other traders--- that the person making the attacks is "DIFFICULT" and not someone to trade with

now i dont pretend to know all the inner details of these trades and i dont know all the facts, but i can say that 1- it does not need multiple threads started --- some that are just plain attacking someone and name calling, 2. it can be handled more maturely and more intelligently, and 3. it seems as if these are some pretty minor issues that people are blowing way out of proportion here!

*** and just for TVRESEARCHER--- i DO have the complete CPO SHARKEY set on 8 discs, with menus, all eps are there and all are complete

Monty, if it's a set that's being sold, then yes it may sound a little crazy but u kind of have to check every ep 100%. Because a person would want to enjoy watching the eps after they paid for them. Now if u are trading a set of 20 eps, then that's different, u can still check every ep but not like you would if you are sellling.

Lamont did u hear anything about that Grady ep I asked you about?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #44
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ...

sharkey, i made the set from vhs tapes, so i know they are all there
all of them, not just 20

grady--no, nothing
Old 07-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #45
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont

Yea, but does Sharkey have original commercials and promos? Please, please, please, I beg you, whatever nonsense Solomon has with Grady answer him, he keeps posting and posting with" any news" My kids used to do that before I chased them out of the room.

Harvey
Closed Thread