Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:44 AM   #46
Hazel Anyday

Oh No It never ends, does it?

All I can do is shake my head ruefully. Here I am the author of my tiny little comment, and I, the author have stated time and time again I was not referring to one particular collector, but ALL OF US with large collections who show them here to others. I know this may be hard to believe for some of you, but my every waking thought does not involve your apparent hero Lamont. And even more unbelievable my every simple statement is not directed at or meant to be about this same individual. Now even this individual apparently must think the world revolves around him and all statements or thoughts are of him, because no matter how many time I repeat and repeat I never ever ever ever ever meant my sweet innocent comment to be about this same individual the siccophants of this individual and even the individual himself still after all these clarifications STILL thinks I was talking about him. Now I ask you, how swell headed do you really have to be? My world does not revolve around this individual and though you people out there may think the world starts and stops around this person, I don't, I actually will go for hours on end without thinking about this person. Can you believe it? OK, I've had it, I'll say it one last time, my comment was made about ALL OF US, me included, with big collections who must deal with people with smaller or no collections. So innocent a comment, so brief, so simple, so innocuous, yet the siccophants and the individual himself insists on putting himself as the center of the universe and worse of my comment. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE JUST ABOUT ONE MERE MORTAL BUT ALL OF US, please try to imagine a world that does not revolve around this one person and maybe you can conceive of my comment for what it was. A simple plaintive slight empathatic notion of what smaller collectors must go thru. Now weather you people can believe it or whether the swell headed one can believe it, my comment was about all of US NOT one of us. SHEESH! Just unbelievable.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #47
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1

Seriously, if you weren't obsessing about Lamonts comments, this wouldn't have gotten so out of hand. You're the one who is perpetuating (see, I can use big words too) this thing. When you called me a sad confused individual, I didn't say anything because frankly, I don't care about you. You mean nothing to me and your words even less. The only reason a person would keep responding over and over to something they say they don't care about is because they do.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #48
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
All I can do is shake my head ruefully. Here I am the author of my tiny little comment, and I, the author have stated time and time again I was not referring to one particular collector, but ALL OF US with large collections who show them here to others. I know this may be hard to believe for some of you, but my every waking thought does not involve your apparent hero Lamont. And even more unbelievable my every simple statement is not directed at or meant to be about this same individual. Now even this individual apparently must think the world revolves around him and all statements or thoughts are of him, because no matter how many time I repeat and repeat I never ever ever ever ever meant my sweet innocent comment to be about this same individual the siccophants of this individual and even the individual himself still after all these clarifications STILL thinks I was talking about him. Now I ask you, how swell headed do you really have to be? My world does not revolve around this individual and though you people out there may think the world starts and stops around this person, I don't, I actually will go for hours on end without thinking about this person. Can you believe it? OK, I've had it, I'll say it one last time, my comment was made about ALL OF US, me included, with big collections who must deal with people with smaller or no collections. So innocent a comment, so brief, so simple, so innocuous, yet the siccophants and the individual himself insists on putting himself as the center of the universe and worse of my comment. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE JUST ABOUT ONE MERE MORTAL BUT ALL OF US, please try to imagine a world that does not revolve around this one person and maybe you can conceive of my comment for what it was. A simple plaintive slight empathatic notion of what smaller collectors must go thru. Now weather you people can believe it or whether the swell headed one can believe it, my comment was about all of US NOT one of us. SHEESH! Just unbelievable.

Wow...why is it so hard for you to comprehend that your comments appeared to be directed at one individual? Sure, let's say for arguments sake that it was a general statement made to include all members with large collections; that still doesn't preclude it from being misinterpreted or responded to by individuals. If I call all redheads ugly should my generalization prevent any single redheaded person from taking it personally?

I don't know you. I don't know Lamont. You questioned why those with large collections even bother posting what they have when they rarely find anything to trade for and Lamont responded.

Toupie and Binoo
NHL games
What's New Mr. Magoo?
Abbott and Costello Animated Series
Tales of the Wizard of Oz
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

http://www.freewebs.com/digital_monkey/
Old 07-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #49
Hazel Anyday

Cool

And while I care not a whit about you also Jas, I do care about what I say and I do care if I'm being constantly misconstrued and misinterpreted. The only reason I ever was forced, and I repeat forced to mention this one person's name was because I was RESPONDING to false charges that were linking my innocent comment meant about everyone to just one person. If it had been up to me this person's name would never even have come up. But it's all of you who keep telling me what I think and what I said as if you know more about what I think than I do that I am constantly forced to have to deny your false claims. Case closed, if you'll stop telling me what I think then I can stop telling that you haven't a clue as to what I think.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #50
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
And while I care not a whit about you also Jas, I do care about what I say and I do care if I'm being constantly misconstrued and misinterpreted. The only reason I ever was forced, and I repeat forced to mention this one person's name was because I was RESPONDING to false charges that were linking my innocent comment meant about everyone to just one person. If it had been up to me this person's name would never even have come up. But it's all of you who keep telling me what I think and what I said as if you know more about what I think than I do that I am constantly forced to have to deny your false claims. Case closed, if you'll stop telling me what I think then I can stop telling that you haven't a clue as to what I think.
My point has nothing to do with what you originally said. My point is that any person who truely doesn't care wouldn't keep reacting and wouldn't care if we were putting words in your mouth. If you don't care, ignore it and move on. Why do you care if you're being misconstrued and misinterpreted by people you obviously feel are way bellow your mental capacity?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #51
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Oh No enough is enough

again i sat by to see if it would peter out on its own

a few words

HAZEL ANYDAY u have been asked over and over to PLEASE stop going on and on about this, the original poster asked u to drop, i asked u to start a new thread if u wanted to keep it going--- but yet you go on and on and on and on---- and to be honest, that is what is causing people to turn against you on this thread-- b/c u will not let it go, no matter how many times u r nicely asked and it seems as if u r getting angry with what others are replying

SECONDLY--- no matter what your "intentions" may have been, i think its 100% safe to say that EVERYONE who read this thread, assumed u were directing it towards me--- b/c that is what EVERYONE has posted, and when i replied to you as such you addressed your comments DIRECTLY to me when u posted this--

Now you say you do lots of trades every month, I don't see how since you have everything you want already. If you're doing sales, that's another story

also when PADRE spoke up for me and commented that he trades with me often
YOU AGAIN REPLIED WITH COMMENTS TOWARDS ME i quote---

Well, goody goody for you. You must have the 9000th and one show he doesn't have.

THIRD-- i do not appreciate being insulted and called SWELL HEADED b/c i and everyone else on the entire board, read and understood what you meant! no matter what your ORIGINAL intent might have been, your follow ups SURE ZOOMED IN ON ONE PERSON ALONE!

both those comments were RIGHT TO LAMONT-- so please dont pretend that none of us can read! and getting into other scrapes with others for disagreeing with you, only serves to make ONE PERSON look bad.... and that one person sure aint me

so when u keep posting TOWARDS ME PERSONALLY and ABOUT ME PERSONALLY how can u claim its not meant towards me??????

come on man, get over it and move on, u made some comments that were not well received---- its no big deal, can we stop this endless back and forth now????

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #52
Hazel Anyday

Oh No Let me count the ways.

How many ways can you say the same thing over and over. Well, I refuse to say the same thing over and over. Even if this same swell headed individual insists on putting himself in my generalized comment I will once again repeat, very calmly, I never ever meant my statement about one person. Clear? Simple? Understandable? Now, try to imagine a world that doesn't revolve around one person and you can then read my comment for what it was and you can then stop inserting one individual inside my comment and stop accusing me of talking about that one person. You see, how it goes, I am once again FORCED to talk about this person because even the person himself still refuses to believe a comment can be made that does not refer to him. I am RESPONDING TO YOUR FALSE CLAIMS AGAIN. Therefore I am forced to keep talking about someone I have no interest in talking about. I only wish I would never have to tell you the same message again. But the thick heads who refuse to believe there can be a world that doesn't revolve around one person won't let me walk away. And as long as you keep making your false charges, I promise you I'll be back to deny them every single time.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #53
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasimon1
Seriously, if you weren't obsessing about Lamonts comments, this wouldn't have gotten so out of hand. You're the one who is perpetuating (see, I can use big words too) this thing. When you called me a sad confused individual, I didn't say anything because frankly, I don't care about you. You mean nothing to me and your words even less. The only reason a person would keep responding over and over to something they say they don't care about is because they do.
Even thou I'm wild about Jas, I made a vow not to ask her out till she started using big words. Now that she has, I was wondering if you were available for dinner tonight.?

Harvey

P.S. You have anything slinky?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #54
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Even thou I'm wild about Jas, I made a vow not to ask her out till she started using big words. Now that she has, I was wondering if you were available for dinner tonight.?

Harvey

P.S. You have anything slinky?

I'm fighting a nasty sinus cold right now and i've got wrestling tickets for tomorrow so tonight is probably not a good idea. You know, I'm close enough to were savage lives that if you came out here, you could see us both
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #55
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasimon1
I'm fighting a nasty sinus cold right now and i've got wrestling tickets for tomorrow so tonight is probably not a good idea. You know, I'm close enough to were savage lives that if you came out here, you could see us both
Oh Boy, a three way.

P.S. Lamont just sent me a bunch of disks of wrestling shoot interviews of some of the past stars, speaking out of character and discussing the inner workings of the game. Looking forward to seeing that. As a kid wrestling was on in N.Y.C. every night of the week from a differnt part of the country. In those days it was territories. Sunday was from California and Jules Strongbow, Florida and Gordon Solie was wednesday. Friday was fom New Jersey, Thursday, the WWWF televised from Capital Arena in Washington. Can vividly remeber the big feud with Antonio Rocca and Karl Von Hess. My favorite was saturday night from Chicago, the Amphi theater and Jack Brickhouse announcing, Featuring Killer Kowalski, Yukon Eric, Farmer Grey, the Mighty Atlas, Art Neilson, Reggie Lisowski and Benito Gardenia. Lots of fun and was allowed to stay up late. Before getting married I took my wife to be, one saturday night to Madison square garden to see my favorite all time wrestler, the original Shiek in a championship bout against Bruno. Of course Bruno won but the Shiek was the best at getting the crowd riled up. Pointed boots, fire thumb, fork in his belt, and that Camel trot was priceless.

Anyway enjoy the card. What is it, WWE.?

Harvey

Did you know that many years ago Lamont wrestled? Very successful. He called himself "the Fabulous Moolah"
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #56
pruehalliwell
Frequent Poster

as for asking about trades i was not begging i was just trying to keep this thread from getting lost on page five or whatever i ma sorry if it seemed like i was begging
Old 07-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #57
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Did you know that many years ago Lamont wrestled? Very successful. He called himself "the Fabulous Moolah"

I heard he would never actually trad...er, fight anyone though.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #58
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
I heard he would never actually trad...er, fight anyone though.
Some states banned him. His tag team partner was a sheep.

Harvey
Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #59
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Wrestling is my shameful little obsession right now. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy for liking it. If you think of it as a soap opera where people get hurt though it's quite fasinating. It is kinda sad that as a 25 yr old girl I know most of the wrestlers you were talking about. My boyfriend has been into it since birth and got me into it. I love going to the WWE shows but my favorite is Windy City Pro Wrestling, mainly because it's like a family, we know all the wrestlers and all the regular fans. Tomorrow is ECW in Racine. If only my #2 boyfriend (Matt Hardy) had left WWE to go to ECW, it would have been wonderful. Don't worry Harvey, you're boyfriend #4 now.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #60
pruehalliwell
Frequent Poster

if anyone is intrested i just put my updated trade list on a new thread
Closed Thread