Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 AM   #31
Hazel Anyday

Default Clear the way

By all means, get your stuff. And to Lamont, I honestly was not directing my original question or comment at you, but at everyone here who has a large collection and advertises such and then must enounter people with shows they can't use because they already have them. Such a simple point and it caused so much hub-bub. But back to the dickering now for Prune.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #32
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
By all means, get your stuff. And to Lamont, I honestly was not directing my original question or comment at you, but at everyone here who has a large collection and advertises such and then must enounter people with shows they can't use because they already have them. Such a simple point and it caused so much hub-bub. But back to the dickering now for Prune.
The problem really arises when one trader looks at another's list and notices that person is lacking a program that they possess. The assumption now bceomes "If they don't have it, they want it". Hasty generaliztion, maybe yes and maybe no. But some become quite adamant in their demands. " I want what you got, and you don't have this, so let's trade" Sure, some sellers will trade for most anything to replenish their stock and make for larger inventory but the collector thinks different. "Do I want It" becomes the prevaling thought. If not no trade.

Nothing wrong it posting your library, it's part of the trading process. But trading like any legal contract must have offer and acceptance. Not one saying "I want, so take from me"

Harvey
Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #33
Hazel Anyday

Default That's right

I've gotten lists from other people telling me they want a program from me and that all I need to do is pick something from them. Well, trouble is I may not want any of the shows on their list, long or short. I really only collect shows I like, not everything under the sun, and most of my likes are of shows from the past. So when I get a list from someone that contains all shows from the 1980's or '90's to the present, I could care less. There does have to be a satisfaction on both parties for a successful trade. But the more shows you have must make it tougher and tougher to do a trade with someone, because you wind up having everything you want already. That was all I was trying to say from the beginning. Now, in my case I have a fairly big collection, but, by no means as big as many of the people here because I only want shows that I actually like and will watch. I don't want shows just to have them, but to watch and those I watch are all old and that's what I like.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #34
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
I've gotten lists from other people telling me they want a program from me and that all I need to do is pick something from them. Well, trouble is I may not want any of the shows on their list, long or short. I really only collect shows I like, not everything under the sun, and most of my likes are of shows from the past. So when I get a list from someone that contains all shows from the 1980's or '90's to the present, I could care less. There does have to be a satisfaction on both parties for a successful trade. But the more shows you have must make it tougher and tougher to do a trade with someone, because you wind up having everything you want already. That was all I was trying to say from the beginning. Now, in my case I have a fairly big collection, but, by no means as big as many of the people here because I only want shows that I actually like and will watch. I don't want shows just to have them, but to watch and those I watch are all old and that's what I like.
Same here. 90 percent of my collection is from the 50's and 60's

Harvey
Old 07-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #35
GoldenGirlsFan92

Question Empty Nest?

Does anybody have Empty Nest?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #36
pruehalliwell
Frequent Poster

everyone just forget it ! i wansted people to respond only about trading with me and i have got nothing probably because of all the compalining ! if you want to trade with me please send me a priviate message or emaiil me at preuhalliwell_patti@htomail.com i will not be checking this post anymore if all i see is complaining that was not my intent and i did not take it that any thing said was towards me again if you want to trade or see my updated list please email me at the above address
Old 07-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #37
pruehalliwell
Frequent Poster

preuhalliwell_patti@hotmail.com
the email in the last one is wrong
Old 07-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #38
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruehalliwell
everyone just forget it ! i wansted people to respond only about trading with me and i have got nothing probably because of all the compalining ! if you want to trade with me please send me a priviate message or emaiil me at preuhalliwell_patti@htomail.com i will not be checking this post anymore if all i see is complaining that was not my intent and i did not take it that any thing said was towards me again if you want to trade or see my updated list please email me at the above address

I'm thinking your whining may be more detrimental than any bickering going on in here. Potential traders can/will just skip over the bickering.

Toupie and Binoo
NHL games
What's New Mr. Magoo?
Abbott and Costello Animated Series
Tales of the Wizard of Oz
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

http://www.freewebs.com/digital_monkey/
Old 07-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #39
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
I'm thinking your whining may be more detrimental than any bickering going on in here. Potential traders can/will just skip over the bickering.

I don't think she is whining at all. Hazel is the one that was whining and hijacked the thread. If I were you, I'd just start a new thread pruehalliwell.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #40
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

Quote:
i guess i am having bad luck i should just forget it ! i guess i am not menat to have them

Quote:
who knows i may get someone yet !but i'm not going to hold my breath

Quote:
please stop it i am trying to get some stuff here

Quote:
everyone just forget it !

I'm not attacking pruehalliwell, I'm just saying that she/he sounds like someone who is either very immature or complaining; not something a lot of traders necessarily want to deal with. Again I'm not attacking as I don't even know pruehalliwell, but that's just the impression I get and maybe it's the impression someone else gets too.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #41
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
I'm not attacking pruehalliwell, I'm just saying that she/he sounds like someone who is either very immature or complaining; not something a lot of traders necessarily want to deal with. Again I'm not attacking as I don't even know pruehalliwell, but that's just the impression I get and maybe it's the impression someone else gets too.
Give you my take on this.

Pruehalliwelll bgan by posting two or threads minutes apart giving his wants. Lamont repsonded moments later by saying" I have same" Pruehalliwell now responded moments later with "doesn't anyone want to trade", and more then once. Sounds like begging to me. We have one trader here always looking for one original airing of this or that and never or rarely gets a response but he keeps coming back but not minutes later.

Hazel then decided to jump in and again my opinion was pointing to Lamont with his barbs about big collections and trading techniques.

So to sum up, Pruehalliwell began by being repetitous in his quest, which can be interpeted as whinning and Hazel changed the thought of the thread with his own agenda.

Harvey
Old 07-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #42
Hazel Anyday

I thought you got it.

Once again, for the one zillionth time, I DID NOT DIRECT MY COMMENTS AT LAMONT!!! It was directed at EVERYONE, YOU, ME, all God's Chil'en with giant collections. Holy Cow, how many times do you people have to keep telling me "what I really meant" when I never meant it at all toward Lamont BUT EVERYONE with a big collection. And I've seen plenty of people on this board advertising their giant collections, the L man is only one of at least a dozen people here doing it. So PLEASE stop saying I meant it toward just one person, he wasn't even on my mind at the time, ALL of YOU were. GET IT? Or are you once again going to tell me what I was thinking, never mind that I know what I'm thinking and all of you are wrong who think you know better about what I meant than I do.

And to the one sad confused individual who can't recognize a whine from an astute and brilliant comment. Since when is it "whining" to merely make a distinguished observation. It is not a whine it is a comment, big difference. If I chose to whine I can think of other subjects worthy of whining about, like being constantly mis-interpreted and having words put in my mouth I never said or meant. Now that's a whine worthy topic. Class dismissed.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #43
lilhave

And to the one sad confused individual who can't recognize a whine from an astute and brilliant comment. Since when is it "whining" to merely make a distinguished observation.

So glad we have Plato in our midst. To me it's a honor to sit at your feet and observe all of life's happening's from such a learned man.

Hope everyone else appreciates your teachings as much as I do.

Harvey
Old 07-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #44
Hazel Anyday

Smile Come Back Little Prune

OK, I've calmed down now. The old boiler blew on that last one. I forgot to say to Prune, that my original comment was a sympathetic one directed toward her/him(Prune) and those like Prune who are starting out. But now after witnessing Prune's temper tantrum and stomping out of the room to go sulk in a corner, I'm afraid he/she wasn't worthy of the empathy I had for him/her. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished and poor Prune couldn't even appreciate a kindly comment meant sypathetically toward him/her. Instead I get the door slammed in my face after nodding in sympathy with it. Come back Prune, all is forgiven.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #45
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Oh No .....

the problem is that 1. i posted a reply and 2. u followed it up with your comment directed at "people with big lists who dont want to trade for somethings" so the natural inference was that it was intended toward me
---- and when i replied that i trade with tons of people and to check the feedback portion, u commented that u didnt see how i could still be trading and commented that "maybe if you are selling...." and so on, so what do people assume?

also--- 3. i replied to you last month or 2 about possible trades-- however everything i wanted that you listed as having was "not yet transfered" so that is why it fell through, i was willing-- u were not able

and 4. i stayed quiet all day on this one, b/c pru... asked the comments to stop, but since u have posted several more times i wanted to clarify

noone was jumping on you, and despite what your intentions might have been, everyone who read it got the exact same impression, that you were commenting on me

and your follow ups seemed to drive the point home

if u want to continue this line of comments, please start a new thread and let this one go, its a shame, b/c the person who posted it is rightfully frustrated at seeing it hijacked like this

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Closed Thread