Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #16
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
most sets that traders get that you see on their lists come from OTHER TRADERS On this board

FOR INSTANCE i got several sets in last week that i posted last week that i had--- most of them came from 2 members of this board--- who do NOT generally do much trading, they are very selective in what they want and do a handful of trades

so I post when i get new stuff-- b/c its new to me and people can get it from me easier sometimes, and sometimes the guy i get it from, doesnt want to deal with the masses and the average trader

OTHER TIMES, i get stuff in from people who do trade-- BUT who cannot handle large trades

FOR INSTANCE i got a big 40+ disc set awhile back from a trader who trades pretty often, BUT they do not do big trades

OTHER TIMES, certain trades MIGHT NOT want to deal with someone else--- they may not get along with TRADER X, or might not have anything TRADER X wants in return, so they will deal with me instead

IT GOES BOTH WAYS--- some people do NOT like to deal with lamont, and so they wait til they see Loren, or Joker or someone has the set and they deal with them

DONT GET ME WRONG i have many contacts off this board, who i do a lot of trading with, BUT i still do about 60% of my trades through this site!

AGAIN, i shouldnt have posted that 1 item i did-- and i wont make that boo boo again

BY THE WAY---- isnt it your Birthday today, TVRESEARCHER??????

Yup, I'm receiving 4 eps of the Redd Foxx Variety Hour from ABC on DVD as a Gift-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:23 PM   #17
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

TV FOR HALF A SECOND----

I thought you might be serious and almost wet my pants!

AAAAHHH

IF ONLY.....

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:46 PM   #18
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular

I have to admit I've been a bit more careful about listing some of the really unique stuff in my collection because I've had stuff I've put together get announced by others so quickly. I did a trade with one person for the brand new set I had of Goodnight Beantown. I never even had the opportunity to announce that I had it - the set was made specifically for me, so it originated from me - before the person I traded it to traded it to Lamont, and he announced it to the board. In that case, I doubt Lamont even knew the set came from me, so definitely not hard feelings to him, but the next time that person around came around asking for something I was working on, that no one else has listed, I turned her down flat and I'm reluctant to trade with her again. The speed at which Goodnight Beantown showed up on Lamont's list, she had to have set up a trade before she even got the discs from me.

I didn't used to care so much, but some of these sets I'm putting together have taken a lot of time, effort, and money to collect a complete set of episodes, and yeah, it's nice to be able to get some benefit back from that. So, when I started getting a lot of pilots in - pilots I pay to have duplicated from a friend in the business - I figured I'd follow Lamont's example and announce 'em - first time I tried that, glad I did.

I didn't know it was something I could ask, though, that someone not trade a set they get from me for a specified period of time. That's cool - I will try that the next set I put together from converted recordings.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #19
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
some of these sets I'm putting together have taken a lot of time, effort, and money to collect a complete set of episodes
You said it. Those who don't make sets, or who only make sets from things they record off tv, have no idea what it can cost or the work involved to put together a complete set of a rare show. From the time put in just locating the episodes, to buying episodes off dealers, to buying film prints and paying to get it converted to video, the cost can easily grow into the hundreds, and sometimes thousands of dollars. That value decreases rapidly: to everyone but the person who created the set, each disc is worth only $.20 and 15 minutes of their time. Except of course for those people who, instead of trading for it, buy it from dealers who whore out the set for $3-5/disc.

Unofficial Mod Squad Home Page: www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/
lazygrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 AM   #20
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default BOTH SIDES

i know what u mean and i have come to see both sides of the issues

FOR EXAMPLE--- old lamont did a 29 disc set last year, ALL VHS TRANSFERS from 3 sources, a big pain to do in real time w/ taking commercials out, spent wayyyy too long on it--- and BEFORE I HAD even sent 1 set out in the mail
THE SAME Set was up on ebay and ioffer from 3 different sellers!!! AND NOT 1 of the 3 had it in hand yet--- I WAS TEMPTED to NOT send to any of them and leave them hanging--- BUT i didnt

AT THE SAME TIME, i do realize that even if its my work to do up the set, i dont own it and EVENTUALLY it will be out there-- so i try to keep things in perspective

it can be frustrating to see a set u spent time on go to the bargain bin so cheap--- BUT that is just part of trading--- so i have learned some people are best not to deal with and some people are best to ASK FIRST--- and sometimes i get a set with a 30 day hold, etc, etc, etc

as for PADRE-- he is one of the best around, and i emailed him to apologize and all

but yes, i know what u mean!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #21
padre
Cookie baker
Forum Regular

Lamont and I are fine, we've been trading buddies for quite a while - when I saw it, I knew he'd figure out his mistake (but thanks folks for pointing it out to him. They're a little slow in the south!

I know full well that given mere days/weeks the set I worked so hard on, will be up on Ioffer, with the seller(s) making it appear that they did the work. But that's the risk you run when you trade. In a way, it makes you proud that your set is that good that folks want it badly! And, of course, the other side is seeing the profits they reap based on something you created - that part makes you want to keep all your sets to yourself. Makes you crazy - but I don't need much help there...

Hey, Lamont, I just finished baking some cookies - wanna sell them on my sidewalk? lol! You know you owe me BIG now!
padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #22
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by padre

Hey, Lamont, I just finished baking some cookies - wanna sell them on my sidewalk? lol! You know you owe me BIG now!

BRAND NEW SET JUST IN

COMPLETE Run of PADRE COOKIES! Complete set, good quality w/ menus

MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 12:03 PM   #23
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular

Yeah, this would be why I like this board. Mostly a bunch of good-natured flakes, watching each other's backs. The occasional fracas is just that - occasional.

So, do these cookies have art on them? What's the media code? :>
debwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #24
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Flake

Flake who's a flake?

Deb did you bug my house again? You did didn't you...you just watched me look for my cell phone everywhere only to find it in my refridgerator again.

Oh gosh....

*closing blinds*

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #25
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
BRAND NEW SET JUST IN

COMPLETE Run of PADRE COOKIES! Complete set, good quality w/ menus

MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!!!

Are they premium cookies, and made in the Fuji kitchen?. Only brand name cookies for me. One per sleeve and give a tracking number.

Harvey Amos
lilhave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM   #26
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by debwalsh
I did a trade with one person for the brand new set I had of Goodnight Beantown. I never even had the opportunity to announce that I had it - the set was made specifically for me, so it originated from me - before the person I traded it to traded it to Lamont, and he announced it to the board. In that case, I doubt Lamont even knew the set came from me, .

Deb, i got that set last year, and i NEVER knew u did it til just now

didnt mean to step on toes, but i got it from someone and she did not mention anything about not posting it
Old 06-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #27
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Are they premium cookies, and made in the Fuji kitchen?. Only brand name cookies for me. One per sleeve and give a tracking number.

Harvey Amos
Harvey, They are my new ULTRA-SUPER-RARE-AS HELL- never gonna be traded to Harvey LIST!

sorry, but the cookies are great, great menus, great chocolate chips and 1 per sleeve--- i cannot trade them to you for all that Junk on your list
BUT i am willing to sell the cookies AS A SET ONLY-- no individual cookies leaving my junkyard---- for $75 a set, FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!

let me know

Old 06-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #28
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

I don't why anything has to be advertised on the Trading Board unless it's under what you sre looking for. For example if someone said I'm looking for 1992 Sitcoms, these are the 1992 sitcoms I have. But just to anounce what u just got in is a little silly in my opinion-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #29
T-Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave

Harvey Amos
Don't you mean "Famous Harvey", or is it Infamous Harvey?
T-Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:06 PM   #30
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I don't why anything has to be advertised on the Trading Board unless it's under what you sre looking for. For example if someone said I'm looking for 1992 Sitcoms, these are the 1992 sitcoms I have. But just to anounce what u just got in is a little silly in my opinion-lol
Once again, thanks for your opinion solomon- however the vast majority of the board and the vast majority of traders do NOT see it that way

Here are a few facts

1. 99% of most traders LIKE to know what someone new gets in--- that is why i got about 8 emails off this new posting from people wanting to trade for something

2. 99% of most traders MIGHT NOT BE SPECIFICALLY looking for a certain show--- BUT when they see MEN INTO SPACE-- just in, it JOGS their memory about the show and they realize theyd like to get it, so they do

3. 99% of most traders CHECK THE LISTS AND CHECK THE "NEW IN" POSTS--- BEFORE they post that they want something--- FOR INSTANCE i want HOUSE CALLS and i posted it yesterday, BUT before I did so, i checked the House Calls page and then I checked the recent NEW IN posts and then i posted AFTER i couldnt find it

4. If you are really that bothered with it, THEN WHY DO U CONSTANTLY read the JUST IN posts and always comment on them????