Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #61
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Sorry, Brain, but no. It was not an insult. It's that simple.
Maybe not to you, but it was to me and I responded. Plain and simple.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 06-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #62
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

And I will not deal with you Brian in the future. Obviously, you & I will never agree. So be it. I'm asking all OTHER mods to show me where they think Solomon was insulted, prior to your intervention.

...Metallica
Old 06-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #63
lilhave

So that statement by me that Solomon makes a post, and then changes it as he goes along and this has been pointed out to him on numerous times in the chat room, which is all true deserved your mouth to open up with cursing and insults about whatever you deemed necessary. Pal, get a grip on reality, look in the mirror and decide if your fit to wear the title of moderator. So if someone insults Solomon for some of his outlandish statements, you derserve the right to cuss them out.?

What I said was so bad that Solomon deserves a apoology. Sir, it wasn't I who crapped on the thread but you and your toilet mouth.

Harvey
Old 06-21-2006, 11:53 PM   #64
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
And I will not deal with you Brian in the future. Obviously, you & I will never agree. So be it. I'm asking all OTHER mods to show me where they think Solomon was insulted, prior to your intervention.
You ask for an example, I give you one and that is not good enough for you. You just can't be pleased. It was my reaction to that statement and the sarcasm that followed that led me to react. If you are not satisfied with that, that is YOUR problem. Nobody else's.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #65
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
So that statement by me that Solomon makes a post, and then changes it as he goes along and this has been pointed out to him on numerous times in the chat room, which is all true deserved your mouth to open up with cursing and insults about whatever you deemed necessary. Pal, get a grip on reality, look in the mirror and decide if your fit to wear the title of moderator. So if someone insults Solomon for some of his outlandish statements, you derserve the right to cuss them out.?

What I said was so bad that Solomon deserves a apoology. Sir, it wasn't I who crapped on the thread but you and your toilet mouth.

Harvey
Sorry Harv, but you are the perfect example of someone that can dish it, but certainly can't take it. Maybe you feel that you are entitled because of your age (No that wasn't meant to be an insult) but the fact is, you are not. Sarcasm can work both ways.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #66
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
You ask for an example, I give you one and that is not good enough for you. You just can't be pleased. It was my reaction to that statement and the sarcasm that followed that led me to react. If you are not satisfied with that, that is YOUR problem. Nobody else's.
As in any dispute, a third party's opinion is requested. That means not you. Run along now.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #67
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
Solomon's ideas can be shot down without the sarcasm and insults.
I don't think they can. I could be wrong, but here's what I believe:
I think the ideas he posts are intentionallly designed to get that sort of response. As I said, Solomon WANTS to see the sarcasm and the insults. He wants people to get riled up and see posts get out of hand. His m.o. is to set off a big fight, feed it for a bit and then stop posting, sit back and watch the rest of us go nuts over each other. That's why he makes these ridiculous comments in the first place. He knows very well that traders are not going to trade a maximum of 5 discs at a time, and that people are not going to watch every second of every show they get before they trade it, or that they are going to record the nightly news to build a collection. His suggestions are unrealistic and completely unpractical and, most importantly, he knows that before he makes them.

Perhaps you disagree with that, but it seems to me that either I'm right, or Solomon is just plain stupid. Do you really think that when he makes one of his ridiculous suggestions about how to trade that he actually expects the rest of the Trading Post to see his wisdom and follow his lead? Come on. And if not, then it is all just about being silly and having fun and pushing buttons. And as a result, equally silly and fun insults and sarcasm are to be expected.

You will notice that when he posts his "Looking for the Mar. 2, 1982 ABC ep of Three's A Crowd" posts, that those are taken seriously. Okay, well, maybe not, but you will note that they do not get met with sarcasm and insults. So to say that Solomon is always a target or whatever is not true. Only when he makes himself one. Intentionally.

I don't know anything about people secretly hating each other and reporting posts so will concede, out of complete ignorance on the matter, that you are correct. That hate thing surprises me though, would not have figured that.

Unofficial Mod Squad Home Page: www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/
Old 06-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #68
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
As in any dispute, a third party's opinion is requested. That means not you. Run along now.
See what I am saying, you can't take it. You want only what you want. Maybe you have been around a long time, but that doesn't mean you get your way. You won't win.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:59 PM   #69
lilhave

Quote:
Again, you derseve the right if you don't like a statement and sarcasm that follows, to cuss out and call one any name you want.? TJ, he may be your moderator but he surely isn't ours. From your original post TJ you spoke to Brian how he should have handled things differently, well, it didn't sink in. Say whatever but if it offends Brian, he will curse you.

I can respect anyone's point of view but you don't have one, unless you call pissing on someone a point of view.

Harvey
Old 06-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #70
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygrae
Solomon WANTS to see the sarcasm and the insults. He wants people to get riled up and see posts get out of hand. His m.o. is to set off a big fight, feed it for a bit and then stop posting, sit back and watch the rest of us go nuts over each other. on the matter, .
That's my gut reaction.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #71
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Come on Damaged

Give us an invite to one of your forums, start a "Traders Post roast" thread. We will see who can dish it out and who can take it.

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, thatís a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Old 06-22-2006, 12:02 AM   #72
lilhave

Quote:
Sorry Harv, but you are the perfect example of someone that can dish it, but certainly can't take it. Maybe you feel that you are entitled because of your age (No that wasn't meant to be an insult) but the fact is, you are not. Sarcasm can work both ways.
There is a difference between sarcasm and cursing. There is a difference between sarcasm and calling people names. One requires intelligence, the other just stupidity.

Harvey
Old 06-22-2006, 12:04 AM   #73
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
Come on Damaged

Give us an invite to one of your forums, start a "Traders Post roast" thread. We will see who can dish it out and who can take it.
You just like to dish it out don't you?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:08 AM   #74
Dragonbear
balibt eisl kuschn
Frequent Poster

QUOTE:

See what I am saying, you can't take it. You want only what you want. Maybe you have been around a long time, but that doesn't mean you get your way. You won't win.

Unfortunately there won't be a winner period. other than the people who will
read this thread and a couple of other threads and say "Holy crap, they argue like children".

If Brian Damaged felt he was insulted. Then he was insulted no matter what
others might have felt. Everyone has been on the other end where they said
"I didn't mean it that way" but it was taken that way. if there is any questions about this we can go back to the scoresheet and find the threads
where I had to apologize, lamont had to apologize etc.

So Now TJ has spoken and said pretty much everyone was out of line.
Noone got the good samaritan award for best behavior. And lets face
it, noone is going to change their opinion on this issue. The further
definition of beating a dead horse.

So can we all take a deep breath, and maybe go back to trading for a
bit instead of bickering. Because at this rate, we won't have to worry
about opening up a trading slug fest, we'll already have created it
ad nauseum.

balibt eisl kuschn

http://www.savagetradersonline.com
Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #75
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
Come on Damaged

There you go again Jay, acting tough again. You do realize this is a message board don't you? I don't know who you are trying to impress with your bravado (Well actually I do) but it is really not needed.
Closed Thread