Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 08:47 PM   #46
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default wrong or rigth

First off, To asnwer RedWhines question, I did in fact remove the modeartor title post this afternoon
but it was not my choice - it was under the guidance/direction of another moderator/administrator.
She felt it was the beginning to a possible problem- and requested I delete it.

The other thread in the Chit Chat section I did not read until it was deleted, and did not delete it.

Now as far as brian damage goes.
I am going to say this once-
Personally, I try to have no problems with anyone here- but it happens.
As has been mentioned before I was the one who chose to advise tvresearcher to be suspended briefly due to how he was responding/talking to other users.
And when that happened, BD'amage came to the Traders post and ran me into the ground- saying things that were pretty harsh - and pretty judgemental of my moderating.
Since them especially I haev tried very hard to hold my tongue and deal with all things as best as i can- and ask for help when i can't
Yes as an example to the rest of the board, new or old members.

I try very hard to never say anything that would insult a user-
But that is my philisophy.

I did in fact email him yesterday, trying to dicuss the matter, and evnetuall some emails went back forth, and i tried to get a handle on his persepctive- which was that of a member, and friend defending another
not as a moderator or an example

That is his choice- and the community on this forum has given their opinion to me, and Tj about that-and it has to be understood only Tj can decide what to do about that.
Do i think things got out of line yesterday, yes - Yes I do.
And i think Brian made things worse not better-
But, I also said and I will quote myself-
That I don't know what its like running his section, and if I were to get into a heated arguement on the Politics board, I might have had my tail handed to me by their 'regulars"

I have come to know all the members here fairly well.
Some by phone, MANY by trade, some by email.
I have made friends with most of you- and I understand many of you.
Most of all, I see things from your point of view because i deal with you night and day-
Therea rea few here, who get cocky. Arrogent, downride rude at times.
Some of you have gotten little PM"s from me-
Some have gotten the sharp end of my tongue.
But, there is a bsic understanding-
And that comes from time spent together, verbally, emailing, reading opinions- Time spent.

We have a bond, a click, a little cult at times
And hey lets be honest some of you don't play well with others
And have said a thing or two to make a sailor blush
but since you are used to each other, it seems less offensive, or less abusive.
Where to an outsider- it makes their defenses come out.

I dont agree with much of what was said yesterday, and it ended up a vicious cycle.
And I don't hide the fact I do think a moderator should set an example-and Maybe Brain needs to learn to be able to put out fires more than add to them-
But I am sure some of us need to learn to as well
And I suppose some of us need to learn that moderators are people too and get caught up int he moment-

So maybe we can all take something away from this- instead of dragging it on farther.
I tease people at times, and tell them I run the Sweathogs of the trading world-
And it's true in some ways
But you guys are my sweathogs and I love you-
And That is why I put up with you

But Brian doesn't have to put up with you - he doesn't have to even like you-

So lets agree to disagree.
And lets all admit we could have been kinder yesterday
And lets admit that a few of us wanted to haev the last word-
And maybe, just maybe we can get back to trading a little wiser.

Sometimes it isn't knowing if your right or wrong that wins the battle but knowing when right doesn't matter anymore, because wrong or right, there is still peace when the battle stops.

Just my opinion

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
Old 06-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #47
TJ
Owner
Administrator

I'm sorry Kim, but it was ultimately your choice. Janice is not an administrator. If she was an administrator, she could have deleted the thread on her own. She may have suggested it and said something like "this thread needs to go", but it was you who decided to remove it. It's not uncommon for people to request that threads need to/should be deleted. In the end, it was probably the best decision.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #48
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default ahhh

I don't know why I assumed she was an administrator, must be her wise ways

Nonetheless the rest of my post still stands.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #49
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
I'm sorry Kim, but it was ultimately your choice. Janice is not an administrator. If she was an administrator, she could have deleted the thread on her own. She may have suggested it and said something like "this thread needs to go", but it was you who decided to remove it. It's not uncommon for people to request that threads need to/should be deleted. In the end, it was probably the best decision.
Ok, fine. Kiss, kiss. Where's Brian's apology? (Such as they have been in the past.)

...Metallica
Old 06-21-2006, 09:12 PM   #50
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
First off, To asnwer RedWhines question, I did in fact remove the modeartor title post this afternoon
but it was not my choice - it was under the guidance/direction of another moderator/administrator.
She felt it was the beginning to a possible problem- and requested I delete it.

The other thread in the Chit Chat section I did not read until it was deleted, and did not delete it.

Now as far as brian damage goes.
I am going to say this once-
Personally, I try to have no problems with anyone here- but it happens.
As has been mentioned before I was the one who chose to advise tvresearcher to be suspended briefly due to how he was responding/talking to other users.
And when that happened, BD'amage came to the Traders post and ran me into the ground- saying things that were pretty harsh - and pretty judgemental of my moderating.
Since them especially I haev tried very hard to hold my tongue and deal with all things as best as i can- and ask for help when i can't
Yes as an example to the rest of the board, new or old members.

I try very hard to never say anything that would insult a user-
But that is my philisophy.

I did in fact email him yesterday, trying to dicuss the matter, and evnetuall some emails went back forth, and i tried to get a handle on his persepctive- which was that of a member, and friend defending another
not as a moderator or an example

That is his choice- and the community on this forum has given their opinion to me, and Tj about that-and it has to be understood only Tj can decide what to do about that.
Do i think things got out of line yesterday, yes - Yes I do.
And i think Brian made things worse not better-
But, I also said and I will quote myself-
That I don't know what its like running his section, and if I were to get into a heated arguement on the Politics board, I might have had my tail handed to me by their 'regulars"

I have come to know all the members here fairly well.
Some by phone, MANY by trade, some by email.
I have made friends with most of you- and I understand many of you.
Most of all, I see things from your point of view because i deal with you night and day-
Therea rea few here, who get cocky. Arrogent, downride rude at times.
Some of you have gotten little PM"s from me-
Some have gotten the sharp end of my tongue.
But, there is a bsic understanding-
And that comes from time spent together, verbally, emailing, reading opinions- Time spent.

We have a bond, a click, a little cult at times
And hey lets be honest some of you don't play well with others
And have said a thing or two to make a sailor blush
but since you are used to each other, it seems less offensive, or less abusive.
Where to an outsider- it makes their defenses come out.

I dont agree with much of what was said yesterday, and it ended up a vicious cycle.
And I don't hide the fact I do think a moderator should set an example-and Maybe Brain needs to learn to be able to put out fires more than add to them-
But I am sure some of us need to learn to as well
And I suppose some of us need to learn that moderators are people too and get caught up int he moment-

So maybe we can all take something away from this- instead of dragging it on farther.
I tease people at times, and tell them I run the Sweathogs of the trading world-
And it's true in some ways
But you guys are my sweathogs and I love you-
And That is why I put up with you

But Brian doesn't have to put up with you - he doesn't have to even like you-

So lets agree to disagree.
And lets all admit we could have been kinder yesterday
And lets admit that a few of us wanted to haev the last word-
And maybe, just maybe we can get back to trading a little wiser.

Sometimes it isn't knowing if your right or wrong that wins the battle but knowing when right doesn't matter anymore, because wrong or right, there is still peace when the battle stops.

Just my opinion
I do not want your job. I respect you for what you do, tho.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:13 PM   #51
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k3Joker
There's no crying on the Trading Board

If you don't tie my 2 hands behind my back, (i.e.with threats to shut down trading board, deleting threads you see as unfit, threatening to BAN me etc....)I'll take on any one of your 35,000 post flunkies.

But lets's make it an even playing field.
I have to second that! I would have kept things going if not for the requests some "higher ups" . BD was given a reprieve because I listened to the mods when the censorship hammer came down.

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, that’s a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Old 06-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #52
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
I really feel like this would stop if Solomon was not a constant target and lambasted all the time.
What the people who don't visit the Trading Post frequently and read ALL the posts don't understand is that us regulars here go to great lengths to make this site the BEST place, hands down, for people to get started in the hobby. We have rules in place, sticky threads, a detailed bad traders list, a fine selection of traders with very diverse collections, a GREAT MODERATOR, and we spend time discussing at length ways, to keep the forum safe, and to make trading easy and pleasant, especially for the new person.

Those who read the board frequently see all the posts from new people saying, "I'm just getting started, any help appreciated. I'd like to get these series:....". Almost everybody at the Trading Post collects complete series'. A quick look at the have and want lists that are posted make that abundantly clear.

Solomon does things entirely his own way. He does not collect series like everybody else, and like every other newbie wants to. No, he collects rare, one-off, scattered episodes. No one EVER ridicules or insults him for what, or how, he collects. We ALL recognize and respect and honor his choice.

But when he came in and made a post, addressed specifically to New Traders, with a suggestion that WILL NOT WORK, yes, he got lambasted. Or rather, if you read the thread, his suggestion got completely lambasted. No one attacked Solomon personally in any post.

His suggestion deserved what it got as it is not only extremely poor, but a sure-fire way for any newbie who takes his suggestion to heart to waste a lot of time, money and effort to get nothing in return. Had he added the caveat: "Only pursue this method if you wish to build a collection of rare, scattered episodes", there probably would not have been the uproar there was. But it was not, it was addressed simply to New Traders. Any newbie who thinks that he'll be able to record the Today Show or the nightly news for 6 months and then trade that for a complete series he wants is going to be mighty disappointed when he finds out he's been recording garbage all that time.

Anyone who reads the thread in its entirety will see that there was absolute 100% agreement that his suggestion was way off-base. Not one single person chimed-in in support of it, or even hinted that it could possibly work.

Why should all of us who make the Trading Post what it is have to stand by and watch our hard work go up in flames because of one very ill-advised post, by not vehemently shooting the suggestion down?

We at the Trading Post all get along fine. Solomon knows very well that he trades differently than the rest of us. He knows very well that his posts get people riled up, he makes ridiculous statements about how the rest of us should trade (i.e. like him) on a regular basis. He does it to get a rise out of people, not because he thinks anyone's going to take him seriously. It's all part of the game we play. Then, when to us it's just another day at the Post, not so much different from many other days, Mr. Damage comes along, completely misinterprets everything as an attack on Solomon, and viciously attacks Harvey. That's when the trouble began.

So to bring this full circle with regards to the quote from T.J. at the top, Solomon is not a constant target. He's only a target when he makes himself out to be one, intentionally, by making some absurd recommendation about trading that does not apply to anyone but him. Then when things really heat up, as they have now, he sits back, watches as the posts get out of hand, and gets the last laugh on us all.

Kudos to Solomon.

Shame on Mr. Damage.

Unofficial Mod Squad Home Page: www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/
Old 06-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #53
TJ
Owner
Administrator

Solomon's ideas can be shot down without the sarcasm and insults.

You could say that everybody on the Trading Post gets along, but that can't be further from the truth. This is the most volatile area, with the most reported posts of any board by a large number. It is very cliquey. People secretly hate others, but they'll never say it publically. There are people who think they are better than others on the board. I wish it was one giant happy family but it isn't. You can't paint a rosy picture.

If everybody loves and respects savageamusement, then start showing it by having a lot less fights. She devotes a lot of time to this board. She doesn't need the added stress.

This can be a great board when people want it to be, but there is too much drama and petty bickering more often than not.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #54
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

TJ,

you're slumming it today ? Never seen you spend so much time in this part of town. I hope you parked somewhere safe - it gets real crazy around these parts after dark.

Come on, show us some love - even if we are that ugly step-child you wish you never had.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:24 PM   #55
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Solomon's ideas can be shot down without the sarcasm and insults..
Ok. Please, please PLEASE, show me in that thread where Solomon was insulted, prior to post #29 when BD reared his ugly...whatever.

Here's a direct link to the thread:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=175461

And I'm sure, even an objective party would admit the sarcasm in those posts was benign. I mean, c'mon, my husband & I are sarcastic to each other every single day.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:37 PM   #56
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Ok. Please, please PLEASE, show me in that thread where Solomon was insulted, prior to post #29 when BD reared his ugly...whatever.

Here's a direct link to the thread:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=175461
Quote:
Solomen does the same thing in the chat room. Makes a post and with each response changes his thoughts completely. It's pointed out to him on a continous basis, and they mimic him.

Harvey

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 06-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #57
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

And how does that insult Solomon? An insult is an unwarranted slur based upon race, creed, color, belief, etc. If something is true, how can it be an insult? In the quote you chose, every word is true & you only have to look at the first 28 posts to see that.

Next.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 PM   #58
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Why don't you send a link to one of the forums you mod so we can come over and play?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:42 PM   #59
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
And how does that insult Solomon? Every word is true & you only have to look at the first 28 posts to see that.

Next.
Sorry Whine but that was an insult and I responded. Then everybody jumped in the fracas to get a piece. That's fine, but when you attack, be ready to get a fight. It is that simple.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:45 PM   #60
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Sorry Whine but that was an insult and I responded. Then everybody jumped in the fracas to get a piece. That's fine, but when you attack, be ready to get a fight. It is that simple.
Sorry, Brain, but no. It was not an insult. It's that simple.
Closed Thread