Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #31
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
I really think you are being unfair here--- it is not a question of us "NEVER STOPPING" we just do not understand

a few facts

1. MODERATORS on this or any board, are expected to act professional and mature and to rise above the pettiness and childishness that sometimes goes on, and they are held to a higher standard because they are in a position of authority

2. when u have a moderator who makes personal attacks and name calling and uses profanity, it comes off as real unprofessional and real immature, regardless of the situation

3. the whole situation yesterday was all good natured--- we rib one another a lot, i tease solomon about his "original commercials", lilhave teases loren about his "premium list", people tease lilhave about his age, and his old vaudevillian jokes, people tease me and joey1727 about being from the south, etc, etc, etc---- noone meant any harm by any of it, even if there was disagreement

4. when the moderator in question began posting about the situation his tone was confrontational and insulting and people took offense, his use of bad language and name calling was inappropriate and not right---- as someone in a position of authority it came off, to most members like an abuse of that authority and extremely negative

5. another moderator LOCKED one thread and posted that same statement, and this moderator simply posted negative and insulting comments on ANOTHER THREAD----- that thread was ALSO locked, and it continued on yet a third thread, even after it was publicly stated and posted that the comments were not becoming to a moderator

6. all those negative comments are still able to be viewed and read, YET when a NON MODERATOR member started a new thread about how inappropriate the moderators statements were, THAT THREAD WAS REMOVED????

it seems like a double standard when a moderator can post name calling and insults and use bad language (even if its censored out, we all know the intent) BUT yet if a member questions why a moderator does that, and points out how inappropriate it is, THEN THAT IS NOT ALLOWED!?!?!?

i know moderators cannot be bashed and i understand the rules, HOWEVER if a moderator is allowed to insult and degrade a member publicly, and that member cannot respond---- is that fair? and are people wrong for pointing it out????
Members are supposed to act civilized too. Last night their were 3 threads started and they were all to show Solomon up. Brian came to his defense but you guys kept flaming the threads. Everytime he stopped posting for awhile their were more posts yelling at him. He has a right to defend himself. If this had happened over on Chit Chat all those threads would have been locked immediately and everyone would have been told to shut up and take it to Pm's. And my God that was last night but you guys just won't let it go. One thread after another talking about the same thing. You guys need to get over it.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #32
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walk The Line
Members are supposed to act civilized too. Last night their were 3 threads started and they were all to show Solomon up. Brian came to his defense but you guys kept flaming the threads. Everytime he stopped posting for awhile their were more posts yelling at him. He has a right to defend himself. If this had happened over on Chit Chat all those threads would have been locked immediately and everyone would have been told to shut up and take it to Pm's. And my God that was last night but you guys just won't let it go. One thread after another talking about the same thing. You guys need to get over it.
Coming to a defense is one thing but starting to curse, ridicule, attempt to put to shame and in general flame everyone he can is a different situation. You mean if one finds problems with Solomons's concept in trading and meakes mention of it and this situation comes up every few mos., it's all right to flame and then when you respond in kind, have the thread shut.

Maybe you like the way he runs things in the chit chat room but we certainly don't in the trading section.

Harvey
Old 06-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #33
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Oh No .....

I posted my responses BEFORE i read TJ's comments so this will be my FINAL WORD ON THE SUBJECT

for the record, its TJs board, he pays the bills, its his rules

I will admit that several members went a bit too far, true

HOWEVER i will reiterate a Moderator is Held to a higher standard and is expected to hold themselves up as a leader---

there have been several times when members here have lashed out at savageamusement and insulted her--- BUT she does not get down and dirty with them, she handles herself like an "adult" and does not sink to name calling and insults---

I believe that if a moderator, any moderator, is unable or unwilling to act accordingly, they should step down or be removed----

if u cannot handle the job, u do not deserve it

we all say things we shouldnt some times, and we all lose our temper, that is why 99% of us are NOT cut out to be moderators--- and "moderators" have got to act better than that

as for solomon, i can say that most of us did disagree with him, BUT we were ragging on him joking around--- just like the chit chat board has some members who can call each other "Whores" jokingly without offense, i think that most all of us were "picking" on solomon in that same joking, good natured offense, NOONE called tv researcher any FOUL Language (unlike the moderator in question), NOONE called him an IDIOT, MORON, etc, NOONE called him USELESS (like the moderator in question chose to) and noone made any personal and vicious attacks on him

perhaps this was a misunderstanding on some peoples parts, and perhaps the moderator was backing up his buddy--- HOWEVER the role of a moderator is NOT to take sides in a fight, but to help solve the fight

LAMONTS FINAL WORD, still shaking his head though and wondering why some people just dont get it!?

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #34
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Coming to a defense is one thing but starting to curse, ridicule, attempt to put to shame and in general flame everyone he can is a different situation. You mean if one finds problems with Solomons's concept in trading and meakes mention of it and this situation comes up every few mos., it's all right to flame and then when you respond in kind, have the thread shut.

Maybe you like the way he runs things in the chit chat room but we certainly don't in the trading section.

Harvey
It seems to me their was a lot of flaming going on over here before Brian even got involved. How many people ganged up on Solomon? Their are 3 threads devoted to it and then I lost count about how many where started just to bash Brian. It was still going on last night when I went to bed. If you don't like someone's thread you ignore it. That's what we do on Chit Chat because when you don't fights tend to erupt. He came to Solomon's defense and then you all ganged up on him and he responded in kind.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:13 PM   #35
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

Yes, but as a moderator he should have put out the fire not throw gasoline on it.

my 2 cents

Toupie and Binoo
NHL games
What's New Mr. Magoo?
Abbott and Costello Animated Series
Tales of the Wizard of Oz
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

http://www.freewebs.com/digital_monkey/
Old 06-21-2006, 07:19 PM   #36
lilhave

Quote:
It seems to me their was a lot of flaming going on over here before Brian even got involved. How many people ganged up on Solomon? Their are 3 threads devoted to it and then I lost count about how many where started just to bash Brian. It was still going on last night when I went to bed. If you don't like someone's thread you ignore it. That's what we do on Chit Chat because when you don't fights tend to erupt. He came to Solomon's defense and then you all ganged up on him and he responded in kind.
Coming to one's defense is one thing. Coming aboard and the only thing he didn't do was kick anyone in the you know where. Sure, he opened his toilet and most if not all were insulted and jumped on him, and I guess if he acts like a immature brat again, history will repeat itself.

Harvey
Old 06-21-2006, 07:22 PM   #37
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Coming to one's defense is one thing. Coming aboard and the only thing he didn't do was kick anyone in the you know where. Sure, he opened his toilet and most if not all were insulted and jumped on him, and I guess if he acts like a immature brat again, history will repeat itself.

Harvey
Just look in the mirror before you throw insults.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #38
lilhave

Quote:
Just look in the mirror before you throw insults.
Did you tell Brian the same line? If so he paid no heed.

Harvey
Old 06-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #39
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Did you tell Brian the same line? If so he paid no heed.

Harvey
All Brian's been doing is responding to you all for the last 24 hours. He hasn't made threads calling out other members.

I'm taking a break. I'm going to get a blueberry turnover and relax over at Chit Chat. . I'm sure you all will continue the bickering.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:40 PM   #40
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Brian's first post (#28) in the ORIGINAL thread is...

"You have got to be the most bitter old man I have ever met. Solomon is just trying to give help to new traders and all you are doing is crapping on the thread. Take a Geritol."

(And his posts only got worse from that point on.)

Now in the previous 26 responses to the original post, no one (I repeat NO ONE had referred to TVResearcher (my gut reaction is that S. gets a kick out of these things so I will not use his name) as a bitter old man or anything else at all, for that matter. Yes, SEVERAL (repeat SEVERAL) ACTIVE MEMBERS of Trading Post pointed out flaws in his strategy. Anyone who can read English & has an IQ higher than room temp can also see that S. "modified" his strategy as the flaws were pointed out to him. We're not talking rocket science here. Apparently, that is our crime (pointing out the flaws in S's strategy), since Brian (apparently) thinks it's OK to give flawed advice to newbies. Especially if it's from S.

...Metallica
Old 06-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #41
TJ
Owner
Administrator

Let me be the judge of a moderator's actions. I don't need to see threads created when they can be sent to me privately. If I feel some actions need to be taken to prevent it from happening in the future, I will make those decisions. We don't allow threads created solely to bash members. Period.

Brian is not the Chit Chat moderator. He is one of 5 moderators of the Politics board, and he moderates a few sitcom boards. He's been a valued member and moderator for over 4 years now. Janice is the sole moderator of the main Chit Chat section, and there are a few other moderators for the Chit Chat sub-forums.

I really feel like this would stop if Solomon was not a constant target and lambasted all the time. I know many of you simply don't like him. That's fine but stop taking shots at him. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If you are going to dish out insults and sarcastic remarks, then you have to expect some in return. Insults are no less severe just because you aren't using bad language in them. People on this board just live for the drama. People go in attack mode over nothing, and if someone gives it back, they cry like babies.

What's next? Are we supposed to allow threads that bash Harvey, Lamont, Loren, or anybody else? As I said many times already, if you want to question a moderator's actions, you can contact me privately to discuss it and I will take the appropriate action.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #42
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default LAMONT-BREAKING HIS WORD!

ok ok ok i said it was my final word
but i lied

I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS

brian damage, i was polite and respectful to him, he used bad language and insults towards me,

then today, i put forth my opinion and even directed one post TO HIM titled BRIAN DAMAGE on this thread--- no insults, no name calling and i specifically asked him a few questions, none of which he saw fit to reply to at all

same thing with I WALK THE LINE, he keeps repeating that Damage was defending himself--- BUT NEVER ONCE does he comment on the ROLE OF A MODERATOR and how inappropriate it was

the facts are simple-- TvResarcher has been around a long time, he takes his bumps and moves on, he doesnt freak out and cuss people out and go berserk, he is wrong sometimes and sometimes he is right, but for the most part, he acts like an adult and keeps it real

he did NOT need anyone coming to his rescue and if u read
the very first post BRIAN DAMAGE made about it, he started off insulting people--- a moderator?????? i almost died! a moderator acting like a 13 year old boy at the school yard fighting?!?!

YES other people said things they should not have, BUT he is a moderator and needs to act as such

and i really wish brian damage would take 10 seconds to answer the questions i posted

THIS TIME--- FOR REAL--- LAMONTS FINAL WORD!
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #43
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
People go in attack mode over nothing, and if someone gives it back, they cry like babies.

There's no crying on the Trading Board

If you don't tie my 2 hands behind my back, (i.e.with threats to shut down trading board, deleting threads you see as unfit, threatening to BAN me etc....)I'll take on any one of your 35,000 post flunkies.

But lets's make it an even playing field.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #44
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Let me be the judge of a moderator's actions. I don't need to see threads created when they can be sent to me privately. If I feel some actions need to be taken to prevent it from happening in the future, I will make those decisions. We don't allow threads created solely to bash members. Period.

Brian is not the Chit Chat moderator. He is one of 5 moderators of the Politics board, and he moderates a few sitcom boards. He's been a valued member and moderator for over 4 years now. Janice is the sole moderator of the main Chit Chat section, and there are a few other moderators for the Chit Chat sub-forums.

I really feel like this would stop if Solomon was not a constant target and lambasted all the time. I know many of you simply don't like him. That's fine but stop taking shots at him. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If you are going to dish out insults and sarcastic remarks, then you have to expect some in return. Insults are no less severe just because you aren't using bad language in them. People on this board just live for the drama. People go in attack mode over nothing, and if someone gives it back, they cry like babies.

What's next? Are we supposed to allow threads that bash Harvey, Lamont, Loren, or anybody else? As I said many times already, if you want to question a moderator's actions, you can contact me privately to discuss it and I will take the appropriate action.
#1 I did email you privately. I understand you're busy, have a life, etc. Since I've not heard back from you yet privately, I'm responding to your public post.

#2 This line about "I really feel like this would stop if Solomon was not a constant target and lambasted all the time. I know many of you simply don't like him. That's fine but stop taking shots at him." is just plain silly. So if Solomon gives bad advice, we're supposed to let it fly? TJ, you're not stupid. I'm sure you can read the thread & even if you're not a trader, you can see S's advice was considered bad advice by many (all?) here and you can also see people were not putting HIM down, but rather the idea he presented. And they provided VALID reasons why his way didn't make sense. But hey, if we're supposed to agree with everything Solomon says, just say the word. Most of us try to abide by the rules - we just need to know what they are.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:13 PM   #45
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Let me be the judge of a moderator's actions.
Well, that's what we're hoping for...
Closed Thread