Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:00 PM   #16
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
The thread in question was deleted by savageamusement.

Creating a thread solely to bash another member is against the rules. There was another thread made on Chit Chat that was pulled for the same reason. I'd hardly call a thread with the title "Brain Damaged - 100% First Class A$$" a non flame post. How would you feel if a thread like that was created about savageamusement or another well respected member? If you want to discuss this privately, feel free to contact me.

Everyone was a little guilty in the other threads. Brian Damage definitely should have handled things differently. I told him that.. but so could everybody else in that thread instead of continuing the fight. It could have been reported. The instinct is just to continue the fight until it gets broken up by the referee. Solomon started a thread and was basically ridiculed in 3 different threads. Brian stood up for him, as any good friend would do, and then all hell broke loose. The insults were flying left and right. I can't ask a moderator not to defend himself.

And just so everyone knows, the only moderators that can close/open, edit threads on the Trading Post are savageamusement, combsisthebest, and the admins. There are no "Super Moderators" here that have power across all boards.

This really needs to end once and for all, everybody just needs to move on to something else. Any further threads on the subject will just be deleted. I've never seen 2 groups of people on a message board act so differently. Can't everybody just get along? If you don't like somebody, just ignore them. Don't talk about them behind their backs and make sarcastic remarks. If you continually ridicule someone, you are looking for trouble.
How do you think I felt when Brian came up here and opened his toilet mouth to me when I never addressed him, had said nothing to him, calls me whatever names he wanted and then cries like a baby.?

Harvey
Old 06-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #17
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
How do you think I felt when Brian came up here and opened his toilet mouth to me when I never addressed him, had said nothing to him, calls me whatever names he wanted and then cries like a baby.?

Harvey
You just can't end it can you Harv? lol

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #18
TJ
Owner
Administrator

Yes, it was her choice 100% completely. I hadn't even seen the posts before they were deleted. I don't question her when she moves or edits posts. I trust her judgment that she knows what to do to keep the peace here.

RedWhine, you were the ONLY person who used the report post function to report that thread. None of the other people who particpated in that thread chose to use it.

Harvey's thread "Moderating" was much the same as the one on Chit Chat, with some additional comments by other people thrown in for good measure.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #19
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Sure, apoligize like a man.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 PM   #20
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Sure, apoligize like a man.
When you apologize like a man to Solomon. Otherwise, forget it.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:

Guys just take it off board to TJ, don't address it here. Ultimately it is his board and I really do not want to see a shut down again.

Some people will continue pushing buttons do not give him the satisfaction.

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, thatís a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Old 06-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #22
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Gentlemen.. please let's not go through what we went through last night. Let's agree to disagree and stop with the flame wars.
I'll repeat my OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Obviously, this is a rhetorical question, because if the thread is gone, it's because it got deleted by a mod. But WTF? I'm wondering why a MODERATOR can repeatedly flame members & get by with it. And then when said moderator's actions are questioned in a mature manner (UNLIKE SAID MODERATOR'S FLAMES!), the thread is pulled? I've been ripped a new one more than once here & NEVER reported it or asked that it be pulled. If I feel I'm in the wrong, I have the gonads to say so & apologize. I post my replies, use the "ignore member" button, when warranted & move on. I would expect as much from a moderator.
I see NOTHING flaming about this (unlike BD's continued, elementary and certainly unoriginal reponses). Ok, maybe that last part was a bit over the top on my part. And I think it's a fair observation that is deserving of a fair answer.

...Metallica
Old 06-21-2006, 06:13 PM   #23
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
When you apologize like a man to Solomon. Otherwise, forget it.
Awwww....isn't that sweet????
Old 06-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #24
TJ
Owner
Administrator

The flames and insults were being thrown both ways. If you want to question a moderator's actions, you can do it privately with me.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #25
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Awwww....isn't that sweet????
flamer
Old 06-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #26
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
flamer
Geez, Brian, you've got to give me a bit more to go on than that. Is this supposed to be an insult? Hurt my feelings? Work with me here.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:29 PM   #27
lilhave

Quote:
flamer
TJ said cool it, but like Timex you keep ticking and ticking and ticking. Wish the battery would die already.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #28
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Oh No never stop? come on now!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walk The Line
You people just never stop.
I really think you are being unfair here--- it is not a question of us "NEVER STOPPING" we just do not understand

a few facts

1. MODERATORS on this or any board, are expected to act professional and mature and to rise above the pettiness and childishness that sometimes goes on, and they are held to a higher standard because they are in a position of authority

2. when u have a moderator who makes personal attacks and name calling and uses profanity, it comes off as real unprofessional and real immature, regardless of the situation

3. the whole situation yesterday was all good natured--- we rib one another a lot, i tease solomon about his "original commercials", lilhave teases loren about his "premium list", people tease lilhave about his age, and his old vaudevillian jokes, people tease me and joey1727 about being from the south, etc, etc, etc---- noone meant any harm by any of it, even if there was disagreement

4. when the moderator in question began posting about the situation his tone was confrontational and insulting and people took offense, his use of bad language and name calling was inappropriate and not right---- as someone in a position of authority it came off, to most members like an abuse of that authority and extremely negative

5. another moderator LOCKED one thread and posted that same statement, and this moderator simply posted negative and insulting comments on ANOTHER THREAD----- that thread was ALSO locked, and it continued on yet a third thread, even after it was publicly stated and posted that the comments were not becoming to a moderator

6. all those negative comments are still able to be viewed and read, YET when a NON MODERATOR member started a new thread about how inappropriate the moderators statements were, THAT THREAD WAS REMOVED????

it seems like a double standard when a moderator can post name calling and insults and use bad language (even if its censored out, we all know the intent) BUT yet if a member questions why a moderator does that, and points out how inappropriate it is, THEN THAT IS NOT ALLOWED!?!?!?

i know moderators cannot be bashed and i understand the rules, HOWEVER if a moderator is allowed to insult and degrade a member publicly, and that member cannot respond---- is that fair? and are people wrong for pointing it out????

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:50 PM   #29
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

Wow, I missed a whole lot

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 06-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #30
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Oh No Brian Damage

Quote:
Tell me about it.
sir u have ALWAYS seemed like a decent guy to me, but i just dont understand it--- u sign your posts with a biblical quote but last night u mixed the biblical quote in with cuss word and insults? that is NOT very Christian by anyones standard and

do u not understand that moderators are supposed to be respected--- BUT they are also supposed to earn that respect by acting in a mature, professional and intelligent way? and by "moderating" problems, NOT adding to the problems and adding to the mudslinging?

last night 1 thread was locked b/c of inappropriate behavior and language (now u were NOT the only one to cross the line, BUT you were the only MODERATOR to do so)
yet even then the arguements moved on to another thread, and when that was locked, it moved to yet another thread

i just dont get it, i mean, do u not see how wrong and inappropriate that was? and how bad it came off to the regular members who read the boards and who look to moderators for guidance and help with problems? and are honestly SHOCKED to see a moderator PUBLICLY CUSSING out another member over a silly post????
Closed Thread