Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: DO U HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THESE TYPES OF PROGRAMMINGS FOR TRADING PURPOSES???
LOCAL NEWS COVERAGE of NON important, NON major events? 17 44.74%
Current Soap Operas? 19 50.00%
The Today Show? 17 44.74%
ANY of the "Judge" Shows-Judge Judy, Joe Brown, etc? 17 44.74%
The Tonight Show? Letterman/Conan Etc? 18 47.37%
Local Sports Coverages? 18 47.37%
Talk/Chat Shows? oprah, jerry, etc? 17 44.74%
NONE of the Above! 15 39.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #46
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
On your signature on the bottom, I think you would do better replacing it with
Corinthians 13:1-13

Harvey
Did you wite that? Are you a Corinthian?

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 06-20-2006, 09:32 PM   #47
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

It seems to me that you guys have three threads going and all of them are to show up Solomon. Over at Chit Chat we would call that a gang up but I guess the rules are different on this board.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:41 PM   #48
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Did you wite that? Are you a Corinthian?
I don't believe what I am has a bearing on how you conducted yourself today.Some of us were commenting on a thread that Solomon initiated and you decided to come in blasting away at me. I did not address you but you decided as a moderator in was in your provinence to slam me and call me what ever names you wanted without any provacation on my part. You came here I didn't visit you. And you have the brass set to quote scriptures in your post. Guess it's just habit on your part. Folks like you feel you have every right to say what's ever on your mind and then stand behind the cloth.

Harvey
Old 06-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #49
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
I don't believe what I am has a bearing on how you conducted yourself today.Some of us were commenting on a thread that Solomon initiated and you decided to come in blasting away at me. I did not address you but you decided as a moderator in was in your provinence to slam me and call me what ever names you wanted without any provacation on my part. You came here I didn't visit you. And you have the brass set to quote scriptures in your post. Guess it's just habit on your part. Folks like you feel you have every right to say what's ever on your mind and then stand behind the cloth.

Harvey
You're remarks are weak and your sarcastic "wit" is tiresome. Solomon did initiate the thread and you saw fit to crap in it and offer absolutely NOTHING. I shouldn't be surprised with that, looking at your past posting history. What's the matter Harv, making a comment about your useless joke threads cuts too deep to the bone? Too bad. You want to crap on people, then expect to be crapped on back. I stand behind no cloth, I am upfront and honest, if you can't handle that, then go find some other place to shovel your ****.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #50
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default /....

Quote:
You're remarks are weak and your sarcastic "wit" is tiresome. Solomon did initiate the thread and you saw fit to crap in it and offer absolutely NOTHING. I shouldn't be surprised with that, looking at your past posting history. What's the matter Harv, making a comment about your useless joke threads cuts too deep to the bone? Too bad. You want to crap on people, then expect to be crapped on back. I stand behind no cloth, I am upfront and honest, if you can't handle that, then go find some other place to shovel your ****.
isnt this immature bad language and personal jabs the reason savage locked it to begin with?

maybe she never should have unlocked it?

i thought "Moderators" were supposed to MODERATE and not take sides and get down and dirty in the fights?

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #51
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:

I Says Pardon!

You bicker like a 12 year old school kid shouting out "I know you are but what am I?"

How the hell did you become a moderator? This is not the first time you have come over here and plastered our board with S#!T. You have offered nothing yourself of any trading advice, filled our board full of crap and useless posts. The Novella writing position at Sitcoms has already been taken by Monty so use your own forum for your garbage. WIT? You think you have been witty throwing your petty insults at Harvey?

I do not find your posts even mildly amusing and I usually enjoy a good roast but this is just retarded. If you are bringing your guns to a battle of the minds try to make sure you remember to load them first.

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, that’s a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Old 06-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #52
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
isnt this immature bad language and personal jabs the reason savage locked it to begin with?

maybe she never should have unlocked it?

i thought "Moderators" were supposed to MODERATE and not take sides and get down and dirty in the fights?
Lamont, lets cut the BS, you want to quote me and continue this fight, that is fine. Talk to ol' Harv, not me. He continues to quote me and has nothing positive to say in the least. I was done with this thread, but he keeps bringing me up. I don't lay down and take ****. Never have. This thread should be locked, as a matter of fact, this whole board should be locked. I have no idea why it was reopened. You are just as guilty, you post "Fun" threads that accomplish nothing but to show up another member. You fein a level head, when in the background, you add fuel to this fire.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:16 PM   #53
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
Over at Chit Chat we would call that a gang up
Here we call it a lynching if I'm not mistaken. At least, that's what I assume since the phrase lynch mob has been used several times in the past.

Quote:
Solomon did initiate the thread and you saw fit to crap in it and offer absolutely NOTHING.
Au contraire, Mr. Damage. What Harvey offered, in his own way that we all here at the trading post know and love, was the clear, unmistakable idea that Solomon's suggestion was absolutely worse than useless. There is 100% agreement on that in the thread - not one single person made any sounds of agreement with Solomon AT ALL. Remember, Solomon's suggestion was for newbies, we experienced traders are not the ones at risk here. We are totally used to his ridiculous comments and take them with a grain of salt. We already know that Solomon's suggestion was very poor so it did not pose a threat to us. I guarantee you that no one said, "gee, after 20 years of trading, I have obviously been doing it wrong, I am going to follow Solomon's advice."

We are speaking up to protect the newbie Solomon addressed in his topic. The very person who is potentially going to read it, and then decide to record nightly news shows for several months and then gets upset because he's wasted all this time, money and energy and he still can't get a trade after following Solomon's advice to the letter. Don't make lilhave, or any of us, out to be the bad guys. Face it: his advice stank. And upon being told that it stank he did not rescind, he simply altered a completely flawed suggestion and made it only slighly less of a total waste of time. At least at the end he admitted recording news programs may not be the best idea. Fact is, it was, and is, an utterly poor idea from the get-go.

Unofficial Mod Squad Home Page: www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/
Old 06-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #54
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
I Says Pardon!

You bicker like a 12 year old school kid shouting out "I know you are but what am I?"

How the hell did you become a moderator? This is not the first time you have come over here and plastered our board with S#!T. You have offered nothing yourself of any trading advice, filled our board full of crap and useless posts. The Novella writing position at Sitcoms has already been taken by Monty so use your own forum for your garbage. WIT? You think you have been witty throwing your petty insults at Harvey?

I do not find your posts even mildly amusing and I usually enjoy a good roast but this is just retarded. If you are bringing your guns to a battle of the minds try to make sure you remember to load them first.

It won't be the last time I **** on your board if your "boys" keep showing up other members. I am so sorry I couldn't entertain you, Lord knows that was the purpose of 3 threads of endless gobbledy gook. Next time, I'll bring my A material and a rubber chicken. I hope that brings a smile to your face.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #55
lilhave

Quote:
Met a lot of people on these boards but have never met with who exhibited as litle class as you. Why not peddle your manure downstairs and some will buy it. You check my posting history?, hate to say it but you must live a dreary life. Hard to believe that you are a moderator, one to instill respect, to moderate , to mediate, to help alliviate all problems, instead you act like a first class ass****.

Harvey
Old 06-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #56
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ....

Quote:
Lamont, lets cut the BS, you want to quote me and continue this fight, that is fine. Talk to ol' Harv, not me. He continues to quote me and has nothing positive to say in the least. I was done with this thread, but he keeps bringing me up. I don't lay down and take ****. Never have. This thread should be locked, as a matter of fact, this whole board should be locked. I have no idea why it was reopened. You are just as guilty, you post "Fun" threads that accomplish nothing but to show up another member. You fein a level head, when in the background, you add fuel to this fire.

I think this thread has seen enough and no more of the back and forth is needed
BUT the difference is that you are a "moderator" and therefore are expected to act and post with a bit of good judgement and restraint and to act a bit better than the average member---

so to me, at least, when i see a moderator posting such comments and using bad language it just seems in appropriate and when i see a biblical quote of JOHN 3:3 at the bottom of your posts with the use of bad language, i just dont get it at all

This has gotten way out of hand, has harvey said somethings that I wouldnt have said, perhaps, but his language has remained acceptable

and i have tried to avoid any personal attacks and any name calling and tried to act like an adult and disagree with someone without taking it down to the most primal and most personal level

i have nothing against tvresearcher- u can ask him, we have done a few small trades and i have no issues with him, and i have nothing against brian damage either, i think we had 1 small swap where i just sent u something for free once

i just do not get a moderator posting this type of back and forth stuff, and maybe i aint the brightest guy in the junkyard, but i thought part of being a moderator was that you were supposed to "rise above" the fracass and try to "moderator" the situation and bring about resolution and keep the peace?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #57
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Locked

Quote:

I reopened the thread, because I thought peopel would take the hint.

But when a moderator is quoteing telling a user he is USELESS and should take a geritol and go away, what can I expect of the members.

I emailed you - and received no reply, and yet your attitude is actuall far worse then most of the traders I have had to deal with on this site.

Now as far as telling people about adding fuel to a fire, your holding your own lighter as I see BrainDamage-
And have offered very very little respect to any one of the users on this particular forum in this thread of threads past- so it isn't any wonder they didn't come out with the welcome wagon.

I have no problem locking the thread, but I think the threads would settle down as well if yo ustopped posting in them.

I hate to point anything out on a moderators behaviour, but I don't believe any moderator, including myself should be treated different then a member.
If anything I think a moderators should uphold a higher expecation

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
Closed Thread