Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #91
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I don't remember that post but everyone is crticizing my suggestions but have yet to add their own. This thread can be for everyone to add their suggestions instead of saying what I said is not the way to go.
Obviously you haven't read the posts. At least 5 people said to begin by purchasing something from ebay or another trader. Look at as many lists as you can and eliminate what can be described as common, that on many lists, and look for something that is on very few lists. Purchase that and join as many boards as you can and offer what you have to trade. If it's not common you will get a trader and now you have 2 sets and you work from there. Your way is to sit home and copy a few mos. of a ton of stuff and now ask"who missed what, and do you need a spare episode" Does this really make sense to you? Read you opening post, copy everything, news etc. Why in the good Lord's name would anybody want a episode of news on a typical day, three weeks ago, when nothing earth shattering happened.? I know, there might be a promo of a fall release of some movie with Goldie Hawn. What's even worse if you make a trade, you will give them your end on a tape. Ask around who wants a tape instead of a dvd? If you get one I would be shocked. I repeat what I said in a earlier thread, if you look on the dance floor and the band is playing a cha, cha, cha, and all are going one, two, one, two, three, you will look stupid trying to do hip hop. I know it's a free country but get with the program. Do what ever rings your bell but don't and I mean don't screw up a newbie. They have enough to deal with without your sage advice.

Harvey
Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #92
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
I don't remember that post
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=104070

Quote:
everyone is crticizing my suggestions but have yet to add their own.
See message #s 3, 28 and 37 in this thread.

Unofficial Mod Squad Home Page: www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/
Old 06-20-2006, 06:40 PM   #93
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Obviously you haven't read the posts. At least 5 people said to begin by purchasing something from ebay or another trader. Look at as many lists as you can and eliminate what can be described as common, that on many lists, and look for something that is on very few lists. Purchase that and join as many boards as you can and offer what you have to trade. If it's not common you will get a trader and now you have 2 sets and you work from there. Your way is to sit home and copy a few mos. of a ton of stuff and now ask"who missed what, and do you need a spare episode" Does this really make sense to you? Read you opening post, copy everything, news etc. Why in the good Lord's name would anybody want a episode of news on a typical day, three weeks ago, when nothing earth shattering happened.? I know, there might be a promo of a fall release of some movie with Goldie Hawn. What's even worse if you make a trade, you will give them your end on a tape. Ask around who wants a tape instead of a dvd? If you get one I would be shocked. I repeat what I said in a earlier thread, if you look on the dance floor and the band is playing a cha, cha, cha, and all are going one, two, one, two, three, you will look stupid trying to do hip hop. I know it's a free country but get with the program. Do what ever rings your bell but don't and I mean don't screw up a newbie. They have enough to deal with without your sage advice.

Harvey

Is it ok for them to record anything off cable?-lol
Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #94
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygrae
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=104070

See message #s 3, 28 and 37 in this thread.

Yeah those was the days when I had no WOC-lol
Old 06-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #95
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:

At least we have a live-horse to beat up this week.

All the other weeks we have a dead one.

Joker
Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #96
lilhave

Quote:
What's the lol for? Something funny I missed

Sure they can record off cable but we are talking about how to begin as a trader, and you want to talk apples. You want to discuss the average rainfall duing the monsoon season in India? Great, but has nothing to do as far as a newbie getting started. If they want to dupe of cable for their private enjoyment, commercials and all, or for prosperity, that's great but that has nothing to do with the best way to begin as a trader.

For once stay on thread on WHAT YOU started, how best for a newbie to begin and you claimed in your opening post, dupe everything, and you repeated it twice. Do you still stand by that statement or are you now going to modify, edit or just drop your brilliant idea.?

Harvey
Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #97
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:

What? you didn't know?

that's his calling card ( lol ) He leaves it on 80% of his posts. I called him out on that already somewhere a long time a go.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #98
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:

Sure they can record off cable but we are talking about how to begin as a trader, and you want to talk apples. You want to discuss the average rainfall duing the monsoon season in India? Great, but has nothing to do as far as a newbie getting started. If they want to dupe of cable for their private enjoyment, commercials and all, or for prosperity, that's great but that has nothing to do with the best way to begin as a trader.

For once stay on thread on WHAT YOU started, how best for a newbie to begin and you claimed in your opening post, dupe everything, and you repeated it twice. Do you still stand by that statement or are you now going to modify, edit or just drop your brilliant idea.?

Harvey

OK maybe not the Evening News, well Katie Couric's first CBS News is something to record but I see nothing wrong with a beginner recording the Tonight Show or Today Show for certain Guests. Not everyday but just some days.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #99
lilhave

Quote:
OK maybe not the Evening News, well Katie Couric's first CBS News is something to record but I see nothing wrong with a beginner recording the Tonight Show or Today Show for certain Guests. Not everyday but just some days.
So your changing what you said in the opening post about all. Be a man, step up to the podium and say I made a mistake. Cleanses the soul, makes you feel a lot better.

Harvey the spiritual advisor to the stars but I can help you to.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #100
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #101
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

From this:
Quote:
Just start recording everything on television like Morning Talk shows, Soap Operas, Late Night Talk Shows on a Daily basis
To this:
Quote:
I should have said-"Choose a show you want to make a collection of and then record it everyday. A good choice would be the Today Show or The Tonight Show with jay Leno
To this:
Quote:
my advice to New Traders would be to start a collection of one of the TV programs below

Tonight Show with Jay leno
Today Show
CBS evening News/ABC Evening News/NBC Evening News
The View
To this:
Quote:
I see nothing wrong with a beginner recording the Tonight Show or Today Show for certain Guests. Not everyday but just some days.
Unbelievable.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #102
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
So your changing what you said in the opening post about all. Be a man, step up to the podium and say I made a mistake. Cleanses the soul, makes you feel a lot better.

Harvey the spiritual advisor to the stars but I can help you to.

I stand by the other things I said but maybe Evening News was the wrong thing to say.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #103
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Quote:
I stand by the other things I said
Which version? Some of them conflict and now you're really confusing things.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #104
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygrae
Which version? Some of them conflict and now you're really confusing things.

I stand by that a newbie should record these shows

The Today Show
The View
Tonight Show
Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #105
digitalmonkey
just getting started
Forum Regular

In Summary:

TVResearcher posts well-intentioned advice for newbies.
Said advice is flawed.
Many point out that said advice is flawed.
Poll.

Toupie and Binoo
NHL games
What's New Mr. Magoo?
Abbott and Costello Animated Series
Tales of the Wizard of Oz
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em

http://www.freewebs.com/digital_monkey/
Closed Thread