Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 AM   #31
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Exclamation PS just a short note on mental illness

Obsessive compulsive behavior is a form of mental illness

i think that a lot of this fits that category

emailing people 100s of times over things

become distraught over trading

become hysterical over a post on a trading site

reading a board constantly that u r banned on

emailing moderators dozens of times a day

complaining over and over about how unfair and mean things are

and how everyone is out to get u

perhaps the endless hours spent staring at a computer screen all day
obsessing over what is said about you, by people u dont even know---
perhaps those hours would be better spent in therapy

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:25 AM   #32
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

comments

PS here is a thought

look at these names off the bad trader list

Duhamel Hottie

Jess Overton

Joe Carroll

Dave Stevenson

anyone hear any comments about any of them recently?

NO! and u know why? b/c they are GONE

the reason u hear people talking about Sheri220 so often is that she REFUSES TO GO AWAY!

she is banned-- she is canned--- she is on the bad trader list

so why is she still here? i know of several members she has emailed very recently looking for trades and sales--- she emails the moderators and TJ a zillion times and just wont go away

same crazy, obsessive, no self control, overbearing, annoying, psychotic, disturbing behavior as always

if she doesnt want her name mentioned, then go away, go on, go elsewhere, scat, sceedaddle, scram, begone, disappear, get lost, take a hint, take a hike, get a life and move on allready!
as long as you have flys in the house, you will keep swatting them and squishing them!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #33
april4972
Forum Regular

Isn't there a way to fix the board so that you have to log in to read the posts, therefore if you are BANNED, you cannot log in? I don't know how all of that works but would it be a hard thing to set up? Nobody should be
reading the posts if it will upset them, this way they wouldn't be able to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont

reading a board constantly that u r banned on

perhaps the endless hours spent staring at a computer screen all day
obsessing over what is said about you, by people u dont even know---
perhaps those hours would be better spent in therapy
Old 06-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #34
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by april4972
Isn't there a way to fix the board so that you have to log in to read the posts, therefore if you are BANNED, you cannot log in? I don't know how all of that works but would it be a hard thing to set up? Nobody should be
reading the posts if it will upset them, this way they wouldn't be able to!
april4972
im not privy to the inner workings
but to be honest, i think its unfair for the whole board to have to change to accomodate one mentally unbalanced person who is unable to move on

i mean, wouldnt it be easier for sheri220 to just stop her behavior?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #35
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
If she calls me, I will immediately fly out to Canada, track you down, even if it's deep in bear country and kill you.

Shotgun Harv
Sorry Harv

We are not as liberal with the gun laws up here in Canada. First you will need to register your firearm for $200. Then file the proper permits to have it transported (ship it about 6 weeks ahead of time). File the necessary transfer papers at the airport and then hunt down Joker.

By this time I am sure he would notify the authorities that a crazy old guy is coming to take over the country and is carrying a shotgun and several shells are being smuggled in places that only rubber gloves will find. You are probably better off just knocking off the source.

Genevieve: "I underestimated you, Lex."
Lex: "Well, that’s a common mistake."

Lionel Luthor: "We don't need to play games, son."
Lex Luthor: "Dad, games are all we got."
Old 06-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #36
april4972
Forum Regular

Quote:
april4972
im not privy to the inner workings
but to be honest, i think its unfair for the whole board to have to change to accomodate one mentally unbalanced person who is unable to move on

i mean, wouldnt it be easier for sheri220 to just stop her behavior?
Lamont,

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just saying that it would be a way to keep people from getting upset is all...We log in to post, what's the big deal to log in to read? Not really a big deal, right?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #37
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:

i think that a lot of this fits that category

emailing people 100s of times over things

become distraught over trading

become hysterical over a post on a trading site
Sorry Monty but you left the door WIIIDE open for this one

Isn't writing daily novella's on many different threads just a tad obsessive????
Old 06-12-2006, 01:41 AM   #38
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k3Joker
I would like to make a formal complaint about the inappropriate use of the word "clown" in this post.

It was used in a derogatory manner - my people and I are very offended by this slur.

Sir Joker
How insensitive and defamatory even ! What's next Monty are you gonna attack the folically challenged?

Your punishment should be 50 lashes with a weedwhacker ... oh that's right ... never mind
Old 06-12-2006, 01:43 AM   #39
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default true

Quote:
Originally Posted by april4972
Lamont,

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just saying that it would be a way to keep people from getting upset is all...We log in to post, what's the big deal to log in to read? Not really a big deal, right?

well, the post is NOT about sheri220 in particular, HOWEVER she of course, is the only real BANNED/BAD TRADER causing commotion and stress (as always)

i think that (AND FORGIVE ME IF IM WRONG AS I DO NOT KNOW) but i think that the forum is open to read by anyone, as i think i read it BEFORE I signed up, and my GUESS is that they want to keep it that way so that anyone can read and draw more people into the boards and create more interest

when u have boards that you have to LOG IN to just read, that is all fine and dandy, BUUUUUT then how do u get new people to join if they cannot read first?

i understand the idea and all, but we only have a few people that its a problem for

most of us here are adults who have some level of self control and are able to turn something off if we dont like it

in fact, so far sheri220 is the ONLY banned/bad member i have EVER heard of, who kept on reading the board CONSTANTLY and UNCONTROLABLY even after she was BANNED and the ONLY banned/bad member i have EVER heard of who felt the need to CONSTANTLY and UNCONTROLABLY even after she was BANNED continue to email the moderators

I COULD BE WRONG, so maybe one of the moderators can clarify if other banned members act this insane or if its just her?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:50 AM   #40
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
How insensitive and defamatory even ! What's next Monty are you gonna attack the folically challenged?

Your punishment should be 50 lashes with a weedwhacker ... oh that's right ... never mind
CARTOONDVDS--- u r correct that old Lamont has been staying up late in the Junkyard posting about this latest mess with sheri220, BUUUT theres a few differences

1. Lamont is relaxed and happy, sheri220 is hysterical and most likely freaking out reading this

2. Lamont is smiling and chipper, sheri220 i can guarantee u is emailing her pals and the moderators over and over and over again, complaining about this

3. Lamont will go to sleep when he gets tired, sheri220 will sit up all night refreshing this same thread over and over and over until she passes out from exhaustion

4. Lamont writes long posts, b/c he has too much spare time on his hands at work, sheri220 is just plain wacked!

PS i apologize again for the "CLOWN" comment, i was just trying to pick a profession that would be ODD and UNIQUE to prove a point, BUT not be a profession like Drug Dealer, Hitman, Stripper or Prostitute, that might offend someone.....

and of course, i couldnt mention the actual profession that TRADER X did, as not to cause more commotion!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:04 AM   #41
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default OK

OK this thread wasn't about one user.

Pam maples gets discussed, Wolf11 gets discussed, Sheri220 gets discussed, Angie gets discussed

the fact is- its the same thing being said over and over.

It doesn't solve anything- it usually works people up over and again

Now one one hand using a users previous bad choice- as an example makes sense.
Using someone as a guideline of what not to do- is a good idea-
And when someone has made multiple bad choices, learning from that- is useful

I think the link idea, might actually solve some of this.
I think most often, various peopel get dicsused multiple times, to "refresh" others - or to bring them to attention to new users-

The fact is, as a moderator- I don't know HALF the bad traders on the list.
And new traders won't know-

Are they a bad trader becuase they scammed?
Are they a bad trader because they had poor quality
Did they just disapear?

I think a link, or a briefiing of the reason they are a bad trader, is very helpful
For one, to give a refrence point.
2-lets face it as time goes on, as traders and moderators get older- we don't recall everyones name and "guilt"

I think having a refrence would not only give new traders or a new moderator the information, needed if needed.
And as well keep things factual-as the link is from the time of the topic start.

This thread isn't about ONE person.
The name dropping can stop.
There are a LOT of bad traders that complain they are still being discussed-
And if you are banned, the fact is- you can be banned for a multitude of reasons.
And just being "BANNED' gives no explination to why.
Maybe they didn't sent on time
Maybe they didn't have good quality.
Maybe they were moochers, maybe they took western union and never sent

There is to me, degrees of being a bad trader-
And the fact is, everyone is subject to other's opinion.

So I think the concept of the link and description is a good idea for that reason
So that people can read the list of things, when it was fresh and make thier own decisions-
and therefore the discussion be readable, not just based on opinions weeks, months later-

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:27 AM   #42
loren

its probably my fault

i didnt mention any names, but i did say

scammer, thief, bad trader

and of course someone read that and right away knew i was refering to ____ from _______, who uses the name______

my fault, that a certain person could pick out that i was talking about her by name again

look out, you never know who ill be spying on next, ill just have my bugging equipment do its thing again
Old 06-12-2006, 06:09 AM   #43
lilhave

Quote:
PS here is a thought

look at these names off the bad trader list

Duhamel Hottie

Jess Overton

Joe Carroll

Dave Stevenson

anyone hear any comments about any of them recently?

NO! and u know why? b/c they are GONE

the reason u hear people talking about Sheri220 so often is that she REFUSES TO GO AWAY!

she is banned-- she is canned--- she is on the bad trader list

so why is she still here? i know of several members she has emailed very recently looking for trades and sales--- she emails the moderators and TJ a zillion times and just wont go away

same crazy, obsessive, no self control, overbearing, annoying, psychotic, disturbing behavior as always

if she doesnt want her name mentioned, then go away, go on, go elsewhere, scat, sceedaddle, scram, begone, disappear, get lost, take a hint, take a hike, get a life and move on allready!
as long as you have flys in the house, you will keep swatting them and squishing them!
We may not be seeing that much of her from now on out Her new ad came out and maybe the phone will ring off the hook. Very competitve that field.

Harvey

Last edited by savageamusement; 06-13-2006 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #44
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

BTW Savage, I don't know if you realize this but you have colinwood on the recomended traders list still.

Quote:
Phiberosmosis
ChristyKing
CJ
Collinwood2003
combsisthebest
cp32
just to let you know

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 06-12-2006, 07:20 AM   #45
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
Sorry Harv

We are not as liberal with the gun laws up here in Canada. First you will need to register your firearm for $200. Then file the proper permits to have it transported (ship it about 6 weeks ahead of time). File the necessary transfer papers at the airport and then hunt down Joker.

By this time I am sure he would notify the authorities that a crazy old guy is coming to take over the country and is carrying a shotgun and several shells are being smuggled in places that only rubber gloves will find. You are probably better off just knocking off the source.
I'll disguise myself as the Penguin, and Joker will think I'm there to discuss strategy to take over Gotham, and when he least expects it, blow him to gold dust.

Then I'll come back, grab Savage who is dressed in a slinky Batgirl outfit, and spend days in the Batcave. Of course I'll send Alfred on a distant mission.

Harvey
Closed Thread