Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #16
loren

had this been a one time oopsie, or mistake, it would be easy to pass off and move along

the trouble is it hasnt been an oopsie or mistake, but rather a behavior pattern

i have a completely different set of the same problems with her, as lamont

angie has always been a very nice person, thats not at question

whats at question is why a supposely honest and nice person, runs into the same thing time aftre time, and now it seems she has taken the excuse habit into the flat out lie habit

i love the one she wrote to lamont that the just shoot me set was a loren creation, i never had that set, or any part of it,

what kinda liar tells lamont a story about me??

not a very smart liar, since we speak a few hours a week, on the phone

a bit of history

i made a swap to get a rockford files set from angie last year

well after numerous set backs and excuses, something came in the mail

the rockfords were only 45 eps short, on a 120 episode set

so she claims theres 3 discs that were poor and shes waiting on them

so now theres 15 hours of eps on each of those three discs??

since 45 eps are missing

after about three weeks of more excuses

i returned the 40 some discs and made a deal to get a 23 discs set in its place, so i loose 22 discs at best plus the postage

but i get something eventualy

guess what

the 23 disc set isnt complete either

three discs missing and after another month

i found them elsewhere

i wrote it off as a learning experience

next adventure

she emails and has this and that

another adventure was had and more problems

but smooth in the angie scope of things

then another offer for a trade and of cousre, this time she has it in hand and its all good, she made the set

well i got the 8 simple rules and of cousre its not complete either

i end up getting the fillers from from another person after the normal excuses and lengthy wait

at this point im done with angie

flat out, the only way i would play anymore, is if she sends first

she emails and says she has this and that, and i just pass it off

then she gets caught again

she makes a deal with another person for incredable hulk--uncut

her own creation

well she seems to be quite a bit short of her set

so she begs me for some to fill her in, she actualy sends me what shes supposed to this time, of cousre i insisted she send first

guess what now??

she adds my shows to the rest of hers and tries to pass them off as uncut

well mine werent, and neither were hers

none of the set is uncut

its the same set i had all along, just on more discs now

oh my goodness

she knew mine werent uncut, i told her they werent

now shes off the list for good of my avaible traders

she still emails me , and now shes after some other fillers , i just pass, i knew they were part of lamonts deal

so she says, i promise to not tell lamont if you send me these---wrong--i dont play that stuff, their deal--or mess has nothing to do with me, i stay clear

she strying to bypass giving him his stuff, hes holding these for ransom

more time passes

she then emails and promises me she has a kildare set complete on 80 discs

she says ____ will not give her perfect strangers, so she will give me kildare for prefect and some other stuff to equal 80 discs

i run the you send first and ill verify it, and send your stuff

so no risk on my part--i think

well here it goes again

excuses after excuses

i swear 6 different ship dates came and went

more problems etc

then the old, well its 76 good discs and im waiting on 3 redos

i guess she figures no one has phones or email, since i found she was trying to make a deal for 30 plus filler episodes

i told her long ago

ship what you have in hand

i woulld rather have 3./4 of a set, than nothing, on a old and hard to get show from the 60s

but i need to know it before the deal gets made , if its full or what %

more and more ship dates go by and that leads up to yesterdays celeberty roast

and to make matters even more jumbled

she finds time to sell things on ioffer during this entire mess

but cant find the time to follow through on trade obligations

so now just last night i get another email that says she shipped my stuff yesterday

i believe this is either 7 or 8 ship dates now on this package

but still no del con for the package, even though i made that part of the original deal, i know how poor mail system is in that region of the country

and its the same promise i got last wednesday, the same one i got for a monday ship, and now all of a sudden another promise

it really blows when a person falls into the pit like this, could she been reported the first time she had a problem, perhaps

i dont make reports on 95% of the people who have screwed up the works

its reserved for people who are just flat out thieves

and their names are well documented,and they earned their spot on the bad trader list

i didnt put angie in that class at all,

but i do have to report this and also the fact that she has demonstarted the new poor habit of telling lies, and worst of all telling one here to cover up for one over there

i think she has a real passion for the shows, and i know she gets all excited about getting new stuff, so much so that it consumes her

but im sure we have all heard that idea before

with her new poor habit of lies, and her constant pattern of not sending what shes supposed to, i now need to change my opinion and add her as a candidate to the bad trader list,

anyone can get into a hole, angie has shown zero effort to stop and dig out, she repeats the same thing over and over

and just last night she emails me and blames old junk yard boy lamont for her troubles, since he didnt send the fillers for the two sets, its caused her this set of problems

sorry but she had a boat load of issues way way previous to any lamont involvement

its sad to make excuses and blame others for your mess

was it lamonts fault that you lied about the rockfords last year as well???

even if she did send the stuff she claims, and even if she did send to chris on whatever date---

that still doesnt cover the long laundry list of issues that she has outstanding

i submit her name, as a candidate , for the bad trader list
loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #17
loren

in the interest of fairness

we should stick to first hand facts in this and any case like it

if michael, or stinky223, or whomever has an issue with angie

let them come foward and tell their story

here-say is not fair at all

picture yourself on the hot seat

would it be fair that someone says, _______ and _______ had issues with you

and you cant defend yourself or even answer the statement??
Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #18
padre
Cookie baker
Forum Regular

...and people wonder why I've reduced my trading activities to a select few traders....
padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #19
JoshFromKC
Frequent Poster

I would like to share my experience with Collinwood2003.

The first trade I set up with her was through another board, and I traded her for the 36 disc Family Ties sets. The set ended up taking weeks and weeks to get to me, when I finally got the set, every disc worked fine, except 2 discs were missing. I emailed Collinwood over and over, finally saying they were going out. After another significant amount of time, I emailed again, and she said she would send the 2 discs again.

Well, I never got the 2 discs from her, after another week or so, I went to MichealRandazzo and got the replacements from him. I think she mentioned padding future packages more so they are not lost, I don't know.

After that, I avoided trading with her for some time, until recently when she messaged me about a set I was after. We set up a 40 disc trade, but this time she agreed to send first, I figured that would give me a couple weeks to get the discs burned. Well, after 6 weeks, I got the discs, all in working order. Everyone gets behind with real life or whatever, but whenever I am going to be late on a trade, I try my best to let people know.

I don't think bad traders should be limited to people who only rip people off. Collinwood has been nice to me, and the discs have come through, but compared to every other good trade I have had, these 2 have been the longest.
JoshFromKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #20
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default its not

simply a matter of getting behind

ITS A QUESTION OF A YEARS LONG pattern of consistently trading things that SHE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE YET
a pattern of KNOWINGLY sending out pacakges with missing discs, and often not even telling people they were missing
a pattern of leaving people waiting for months and months for the missing discs and often NOT SENDING THEM EVER
and people having to get replacements elsewhere

keep in mind, this is NOT a 1 time thing or a 2 time thing, or even a 10 time thing, THIS IS A MORE OFTEN THAN NOT THING

and YES i do like her and all, BUT i think people have all just gotten really tired of having to deal with this each and every trade

and when she asked Loren to get her the 3 discs she needs from me, that really was the last straw, b/c it sent a message to me that she was NOT gonna do right by me

i hope im wrong but the facts speak for themselves

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:43 PM   #21
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont

and when she asked Loren to get her the 3 discs she needs from me, that really was the last straw, b/c it sent a message to me that she was NOT gonna do right by me

i
and yes i did foward the email directly to lamont, within minutes

anyone who pulls that type of thing, isnt honest

she was hanging him out to dry

she openly admitted that he wouldnt send them to her unless she sent whatever
Old 05-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #22
Agent 13

Default IMHO

I don't want to discount the complaints made about Collinwood2003, but I've been trading with her for almost three years. All of my DVD trading experiences with her have been very positive, and she's always replaced defective discs within a decent amount of time.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #23
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default agent 13

im glad that you have not had these problems that the rest of us have had---- maybe u r lucky, maybe she likes u, maybe she swaps with u after she actually gets the sets
i dont know

but i do know that i have had at least half a dozen troubled swaps with her and we have allready heard from loren, spooky, joshinkc and joker about the same thing, I know of 3 other members who have not yet posted with the same issues and a moderator as well

so it seems, more often than not....
Old 05-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #24
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren
and yes i did foward the email directly to lamont, within minutes

anyone who pulls that type of thing, isnt honest

she was hanging him out to dry

she openly admitted that he wouldnt send them to her unless she sent whatever
does anyone else think that is UNCOOL to do? email someone else to ask to get her those discs, INSTEAD OF HER JUST SENDING ME what she is supposed to and then i will send them to her?

i mean sending first is fine and all, BUT IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE if someone sends first, and sends MANY MANY missing discs, and STILL EXPECTS YOU TO SEND YOUR STUFF OUT TO THEM --- BEFORE they fix it?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #25
Michael Randazzo
Frequent Poster

Default Follow Up On Angie

I have made about seven trades with Angie, I have always gotten what we agreed upon. It has taken a little longer then I had wanted it to, but she does send it out, and if there is a coaster she does jump through hoops to make it right.

This last trade was for about 300 disk's and it has been longer then I would have liked, but we are down to Darma and Greg and one replacement disk.

I can say, she has always returned my emails, a couple days after I send it. I understand some people don't check email daily. I would say be patient and she will come thru. I would trade with her again, I just know ahead of time it will take awhile.

I know if I trade with Loren, Lamont, Joker, Padre and some others, that the next day or so, my stuff is on the way. With Angie I know it will take longer, no worries I am ok with that.

I don't know her personally and she is not my girlfriend or wife, this is my opinion, I know we all have them. Thanks and God Bless

Michael
Michael Randazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #26
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

It's frustrating because after 10-12 weeks of waiting you don't know if you should just say FORGET it and go and get what she was supposed to send you from someone else - and then 2 days later, the package arrives and you have to fullfill that end of the trade with her also. What do you do then?

We've all traded with her numerous times, with varying degrees of success. Mistakes happen some times sure, and we've all overlooked them in the past and we've continued to trade with this person despite that, so we're not exactly piling on here.

The comments left here by me yesterday was my experience with this trader. Just as we leave positive comments for trades that go well, it's just as useful to read & post about trades that didn't go down as well.
Some people may not mind the waiting, some people do however. It's a personal preference on the way some of us like to operate. I like working with people that share my opinion - doesn't mean it's right or wrong.

I would much prefer finding out anything I can about a trader beforehand if possible. It could save me a lot of wasted time and energy down the road.
y2k3Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #27
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default a little bit longer/?????

I am not talking about a LITTLE BIT LONGER HERE, i am talking about SEVERAL MONTHS, and the reason for such a mess is that she traded the items to me BEFORE SHE EVEN HAD THEM IN HER HANDS, and she is waiting on redos from others, BUT they are not sending them out because THEY are waiting on redos from her and on and on and on....
that is what happens when u tell too many tall tales!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #28
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default ?????????????

I honestly do not know what to say folks, I emailed those questions to Angie

I posted them here asking DIRECT AND STRAIGHT FORWARD to know what was up with the trade

and this is her reply to me

Just please send me the 3 replacements and that will be the last you will hear of me. That is all I"m asking.

I mean, WERE THE QUESTIONS I POSED not direct enough/????

is there ANY WAY ON EARTH i can be more direct and ask for information

I mean, if the trade is NOT GONNA happen, just tell me
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #29
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Consider the Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 13
All of my DVD trading experiences with her have been very positive, and she's always replaced defective discs within a decent amount of time.

Well I think bad or good, the source should always be considered when feedback is left.

If someone has low expectations of a trade, they are going to be more easily satisifed then someone else.
And it doesn't matter if you have 5 people that can praise you, it doesn't negate the complain in question as it is relevent to you personally.
How does it help Lamont, if Angie traded Jen successfully?
It doesn't.
And i think in all fairness because Angie had a good track record with other people this has gone unresolved far longer and in private then any other trader would have.

Meanwhile, as Lamont said- Specific questions were asked- and in private emails or here, the questions were zoomed over, and not answered.
How is anything to be resolved that way.

Several users are complaining of the same complaint/characteristic-
And the only comment made thus far was to let someone unrelated know thier discs went out-and that leaves one questioning-why was that trade concluded, while other trades have been going on- as Spooky said, since January?

Its' great that things got taken care of with Agent13 and Mike R-
That is excellent to know.
But on the other hand it also shows things CAN be resolved- and in that case, how come Spooky, Loren, Lamont, and Joker are frustrated?

Being a good trader isn't something you do selectively.

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!

Last edited by savageamusement; 05-11-2006 at 09:24 PM.
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #30
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
Its' great that things got taken care of with Agent13 and Mike R-
That is excellent to know.
But on the other hand it also shows things CAN be resolved- and in that case, how come Spooky, Loren, Lamont, and Joker are frustrated?

Being a good trader isn't something you do selectively.
I agree 100% with Savage's comments and for the record I had 2 good trades with Angie last year BUT

If this were 1 person or maybe even 2 people complaining about a trader then I would feel obligated to post in Angie's defense, however when there are multiple people with the same issues it does not matter about the past good trading experience. Obviously something has changed and people deserve the right to come out and state their bad experiences.

If Lamont, Savage,Loren, etc... starting making bad deals or crappy discs I would expect that the facts would be brought forward regardless of reputation or popularity. Just because you are a good trader at one time does not make you forever and always a good trader. The whole purpose of this forum is so we as traders can keep current with our hobby. It seems to me like the current situation calls for Angie to step up and make things right.
Lex Luthor is offline   Reply With Quote