Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #76
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 36,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
What amazes me about you Janice, is almost all of your 16,000 posts are in the chit chat or the sub forums you run. Little in the trading foreum, so up here is not your expertise bt as soon as you felt there was a disturbance you felt it was your duty to run up here and squelch it. Did you ever think you incited a a larger fire and did nothing to douse the flames. We have a good moderator, Kim to run the ship, so maybe next time you assist in the boiler room. Am I sarcastic? You bet I am but you played the first card, running here and telling us the name of the game. Talk to me as a adult, not down to me as one of your kids.

Everyone is wrong but you. Guess it's easier to believe that.

Harvey
What amazes me Harvey is that you've never been outside of the Trading Post, yet you want to give lectures about a joke thread that the young members have going (Pirate Whore thread) on Chit Chat.

As I stated, I posted in this thread because my name was brought up and Chit Chat was being discussed. I wasn't trying to squelch or moderate anything. I can post anywhere, anytime on this site.

I don't have to explain to anyone why I posted here anyway. Maybe I was asked to weigh in, but I'll never tell.

You people kill me. You took a shot at robyrob because he posted here too, and someone else just told me to leave.

I don't care if you're sarcastic. You remind me a lot of that lovable little
curmudgeon, Andy Rooney.
Janice is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #77
lilhave
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
What amazes me Harvey is that you've never been outside of the Trading Post, yet you want to give lectures about a joke thread that the young members have going (Pirate Whore thread) on Chit Chat.

As I stated, I posted in this thread because my name was brought up and Chit Chat was being discussed. I wasn't trying to squelch or moderate anything. I can post anywhere, anytime on this site.

I don't have to explain to anyone why I posted here anyway. Maybe I was asked to weigh in, but I'll never tell.

You people kill me. You took a shot at robyrob because he posted here too, and someone else just told me to leave.

I don't care if you're sarcastic. You remind me a lot of that lovable little
curmudgeon, Andy Rooney.
Deep down I think your crazy about me. Can I go to the chit chat room and spread rumours about us.?

Harvey
lilhave is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #78
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 36,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Deep down I think your crazy about me. Can I go to the chit chat room and spread rumours about us.?

Harvey
Oh no, my secret's out.
Janice is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #79
jasimon1
Member
Forum Regular
 
jasimon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 04, 2004
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 379
Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Deep down I think your crazy about me. Can I go to the chit chat room and spread rumours about us.?

Harvey
I think the point that Harvey just made so eloquently was that these areas are two completely different beasts. We're used to the way members that only come in here talk. You're used to the areas you go to. While I don't think anyone should say what you can put in your area (within the rules that is), the ONLY reason your area was brought up was because of a MUCH tamer post in here that was deleted and some members wanted to know why when in comparison to the norm over there, it was much more PG. That's all.

I only said leave because you seem to have so much against people that only come to this forumn. If you don't like what we talk about, don't come in here was my point. I don't go in chit chat because I think it is all mindless drivel.
jasimon1 is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #80
lilhave
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Oh no, my secret's out.
Everyday is a learning day. I hope all you guys have been taught something. First play hardass, be tough, maybe a mite bit strong. and then be sweet, and loveable. The women will just fall over themselves to be your sweetie. Look how Janice fell apart.

I need serious help.

Harvey who just has to make a appointment with a shrink.
lilhave is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #81
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?
Senior Member
 
y2k3Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 28, 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Everyday is a learning day. I hope all you guys have been taught something. First play hardass, be tough, maybe a mite bit strong. and then be sweet, and loveable. The women will just fall over themselves to be your sweetie. Look how Janice fell apart.

I need serious help.

Harvey who just has to make a appointment with a shrink.

I think she's just kissing your
y2k3Joker is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #82
lilhave
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k3Joker
I think she's just kissing your
Jealousy rears it's ugly head. I'm making a move, step aside Joker

Harvey who has the situation under control
lilhave is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #83
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
Janice goes to a ton of other boards than Chit Chat, I always see her at the Sanford and Son board and a ton of others.

And not everyone there is under 20 either, there is a wide variety of ages.
Thank you. Like I said...don't assume all people in chit/chat are kids. However, I have seen more maturity by the "kids" of SO than a lot of the so-called adults who get all riled up abt something that wasn't even directed at them and was done in jest.
__________________
DALLAS COWBOYS ARE HERE AT TRAINING CAMP!!!
Ireneparalegal is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #84
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default yikes

does anyone besides me notice how FARRRRRR off topic this has gotten?

to Janice- i PMd u and i stated it, i had NO HOSTILITY to you at all, i assure u---- I was simply stating that i did not think it was appropriate to have a post calling someone a whore--- EVEN IF IT WAS AN INSIDE JOKE--- b/c to be honest, people who are NOT in on it, see that title and assume the board has no standards and no rules and it sends the wrong message-- BUT I HAVE NO ISSUE with you maam, and i was not directing anything towards u or being grumpy, i promise

will this thread ever in? or will it just go on and on and on, i mean-- i dont see anything new here, just reruns
__________________

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #85
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity
 
Ireneparalegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2005
Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Posts: 38,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
does anyone besides me notice how FARRRRRR off topic this has gotten?

to Janice- i PMd u and i stated it, i had NO HOSTILITY to you at all, i assure u---- I was simply stating that i did not think it was appropriate to have a post calling someone a whore--- EVEN IF IT WAS AN INSIDE JOKE--- b/c to be honest, people who are NOT in on it, see that title and assume the board has no standards and no rules and it sends the wrong message-- BUT I HAVE NO ISSUE with you maam, and i was not directing anything towards u or being grumpy, i promise

will this thread ever in? or will it just go on and on and on, i mean-- i dont see anything new here, just reruns
I see your point Lamont. On the surface the title looks bad. In the beginning I had an issue with the "you is racist" avatar and the other one. Especially when I aired my feelings on the board and I had those smilies directed at me. I didn't get it. I had PM'd TJ abt it and when he clarified it to me, it opened my eyes that there is a lot more to this board than just sitcoms. There are alot of inside jokes on this board. For anyone who feels offended or anything else, it's just easier to PM a mod or TJ and you will get your answer without inviting all this hostility. This thread started out as a trader issue and made an ugly turn. But I see your point and just wanted to give you my two cents on it.
Ireneparalegal is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #86
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 36,190
Lightbulb Who's in?

Group Hug

Janice is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #87
lilhave
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2004
Location: N.Y.C.
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Group Hug

Can I stand next to Joker?

Harvey
lilhave is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #88
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?
Senior Member
 
y2k3Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 28, 2003
Location: Arkham Asylum
Posts: 1,234
Default

Lamont,

Dude, you started the thread in hopes of getting people riled up.
What did you think was gonna happen?

You think we were gonna sit down, have an expresso and talk this out rationally?

And then you come back as the voice of reason? How many time are you gonna do that?

C'mon man !


Either you're a full out hell raiser (i.e. TERROR) or you're not.

Please don't start things and then be apologetic about it.


We'z Still boyz tho - no hard feelings.
y2k3Joker is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #89
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!
Senior Member
 
Lamont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 28, 2005
Location: Deep in the Heart of Nowhere
Posts: 5,075
Default joker

well i did want to stir the pot a little
BUTTTTT it got a bit on the STUPID side in my eyes

Lamont is offline  
Old 04-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #90
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato
Senior Member
 
savageamusement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 21, 2003
Posts: 2,083
Default I

I'll definately get in on the hug part.

I'm close to an anxiety attack otherwise (chuckle)


That's what I'll run in my nxt contest-
Free Hug coupons from Savage---

Anyone in?

C'mon Joker you say your a rebel but deep down--admit you wanna hug..
__________________
WWW.SavageTraders.org

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
savageamusement is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.