Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #61
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasimon1
Janice made a big deal out of it, almost as if she felt personally attacked.
What did I take personally? I responded to some posts, using the same tone as a couple of the regulars here. You must have missed their posts.

Sarcasm is a two-way street.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #62
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jasimon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Anyone can post here Lamont. I don't answer to you. Got that?

Think what you want. That thread is not violating any rules, so deal with it.

Sorry, I don't see sarcasm. Just hostility.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #63
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
You might want to consider re-reading what I was responding to, and a few of the other nasty jabs.

Lamont's post was aimed at me and others who were defending Crystal's thread.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #64
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
The only hostility I see is from this board. If you don't like what's being said over in Chit Chat don't go there.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #65
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walk The Line
The only hostility I see is from this board. If you don't like what's being said over in Chit Chat don't go there.

Same can be said for you and Janice. And Janice, you just proved my point. No one specifically was pointed to. You just decided it was about you personally. And please, point to a nasty jab.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #66
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:

YOU GO GIRL !!

make us proud now !
Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #67
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Same can be said for you and Janice. And Janice, you just proved my point. No one specifically was pointed to. You just decided it was about you personally. And please, point to a nasty jab.
Read Lamont's thread (the one I was responding to), and it's clear as day that he was going against Crystal's thread, which is one of the major topics being discussed. If you can't see that, there's nothing I can say.

As for nasty jabs, I'm not going to start pointing fingers. Read this thread. Read other threads. I've never seen such a group of uptight, grouchy, nitpicking people. Not everyone, but to find nasty remarks, just look around. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #68
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Quote:
Read Lamont's thread (the one I was responding to), and it's clear as day that he was going against Crystal's thread, which is one of the major topics being discussed. If you can't see that, there's nothing I can say.

As for nasty jabs, I'm not going to start pointing fingers. Read this thread. Read other threads. I've never seen such a group of uptight, grouchy, nitpicking people. Not everyone, but to find nasty remarks, just look around. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Then why the heck are you in here if you hate us so much! Just leave! All Lamont was asking was why that thread was allowed when one that had ass in it was deleted. THAT'S ALL!! No one said you were bad people for having that thread. No one said you would be banned for it. It was just a question, one you have no insight into obviously.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #69
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
I rarely ever post here. People over here are just to uptight. Someone posted a question about the differences between the Trading Board and Chit Chat and some members told you how it was over there and some people here didn't like it or didn't think some of the things over there were appropriate. Thats how all this started.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #70
jasimon1
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k3Joker
YOU GO GIRL !!

make us proud now !
See, that's what happens. I keep my mouth shut for too long and then you can't stop me when it all comes out. I'm a fighter by nature but I try take those urges out on my boyfriend in fights so I'm pleasant when I'm in here
Old 04-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #71
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Wow!

I hate to be the voice of reason but seriously. I think the fact that sarcasm and wit do not always translate into emails and posts is being proved 10 fold.

I can't remember the last time I have seen Mods and members fighting over what seems to me to be semantics.

Tried and true method of Management....

If someones says something (or writes) that illicits an emotional response... sit back and take some time before responding (I know easier said than done). Often you may find that you can see how things may have been taken out of context.

This thread is really bordering on personal attacks I think everyone needs to sit back and breathe.

Cheers
Jay

P.S. Sorry To be a wet blanket Joker but there are better people to beat up on. We do not need to kill ourselves.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #72
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Then why the heck are you in here if you hate us so much! Just leave! All Lamont was asking was why that thread was allowed when one that had ass in it was deleted. THAT'S ALL!! No one said you were bad people for having that thread. No one said you would be banned for it. It was just a question, one you have no insight into obviously.
Just leave?

Not only do you folks want your own little community here, you want to throw other members out.

And I never said I hated anybody.

I weighed in because my name and Chit Chat were being discussed. You know, free speech and all.

The conversation then took a detour down Insanity Lane, with people getting all riled up because of a thread on the Random board. Too much.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #73
Janice
God Bless America
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoondvds
Sorry To be a wet blanket Joker but there are better people to beat up on. We do not need to kill ourselves.
Quote:
I hate to be the voice of reason
That's evident.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #74
lilhave

Quote:
That's evident.
What amazes me about you Janice, is almost all of your 16,000 posts are in the chit chat or the sub forums you run. Little in the trading foreum, so up here is not your expertise bt as soon as you felt there was a disturbance you felt it was your duty to run up here and squelch it. Did you ever think you incited a a larger fire and did nothing to douse the flames. We have a good moderator, Kim to run the ship, so maybe next time you assist in the boiler room. Am I sarcastic? You bet I am but you played the first card, running here and telling us the name of the game. Talk to me as a adult, not down to me as one of your kids.

Everyone is wrong but you. Guess it's easier to believe that.

Harvey
Old 04-21-2006, 03:08 PM   #75
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
What amazes me about you Janice, is almost all of your 16,000 posts are in the chit chat or the sub forums you run. Little in the trading foreum, so up here is not your expertise bt as soon as you felt there was a disturbance you felt it was your duty to run up here and squelch it. Did you ever think you incited a a larger fire and did nothing to douse the flames. We have a good moderator, Kim to run the ship, so maybe next time you assist in the boiler room. Am I sarcastic? You bet I am but you played the first card, running here and telling us the name of the game. Talk to me as a adult, not down to me as one of your kids.

Everyone is wrong but you. Guess it's easier to believe that.

Harvey
Janice goes to a ton of other boards than Chit Chat, I always see her at the Sanford and Son board and a ton of others.

And not everyone there is under 20 either, there is a wide variety of ages.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Closed Thread