Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Question ?? OUT OF CURIOUSITY-- what does a BAD TRADER need to do to get BANNED???

If one of the moderators or even TJ could clarify

what exactly does a BAD TRADER need to do to get on the Banned and Canned list?

I mean it seems somewhat arbitrary (and I am NOT blaming the mods, they have a hell of a job to deal with)

BUT, i have seen some people get banned who were GOOD TRADERS but who used bad language and personal attacks, and we have all seen someone get several bad trader posts and get Banned

BUT there have been people lately who have gotten A TON OF BAD REPORTS and COMPLAINTS to the mods and they are still here?

I understand it takes more than just 1 bad trade, or 2 bad posts, and I dont want to see this become a harsh fascist regime

BUT there are some with numerous open issues, who are still here

I aint naming no names, some u can see on the BAD TRADERS section, some that I know of, have a ton of complaints BUT NO POSTS ABOUT IT,

was just wondering, is there a certain # of complaints til someone gets banned, or is it at TJs discretion or whats the deal??

I thought that once a name went on the bad trader official board list--- they were outta here like last weeks garbage?

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

TV ps

to clarify

i understand that JUST BECAUSE i say so and so is a bad trader
that does NOT make it so, BUT i am talking about users with lots of complaints, from more than 1 person, and that a moderator has independently reviewed and placed on the BAD TRADERS LIST

i think people like that should be removed

PS another question--- LANGUAGE? I have seen this week a thread TOTALLY REMOVED for having the Word "A$$" in it, now that is a realllllll tame word, they can say it in PG movies and its real common, BUT yet that post got pulled becaus of 1 word?

and YET in the CHIT CHAT section, I checked that out recently and there was a HUGE LONG THREAD about how to perform certain Sex Acts? and that was a whole lot more vulgar than the "A" word

do other boards have other standards? or is a grey area? NOT TRYING TO CAUSE A STIR, just want to clarify for all of us
Old 04-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Id rather

I'd rather that answer come out of the Owners Mouth- so I dropped the thread link his way

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
Old 04-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default well

that is fine, this might be a situation where it needs to come down from the mountain
so that no confusion exists

i know the moderators have a tough job, but it just seems like (even though its easy to say that) "If It were my call....."

Old 04-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
to clarify

i understand that JUST BECAUSE i say so and so is a bad trader
that does NOT make it so, BUT i am talking about users with lots of complaints, from more than 1 person, and that a moderator has independently reviewed and placed on the BAD TRADERS LIST

i think people like that should be removed

PS another question--- LANGUAGE? I have seen this week a thread TOTALLY REMOVED for having the Word "A$$" in it, now that is a realllllll tame word, they can say it in PG movies and its real common, BUT yet that post got pulled becaus of 1 word?

and YET in the CHIT CHAT section, I checked that out recently and there was a HUGE LONG THREAD about how to perform certain Sex Acts? and that was a whole lot more vulgar than the "A" word

do other boards have other standards? or is a grey area? NOT TRYING TO CAUSE A STIR, just want to clarify for all of us
My favorite and this was about a week ago , had this subject line, Crystal is a whore.

Obviously anything goes.

Harvey
Old 04-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Exclamation well

im not offended by that type of talk, but i know that some are

however, if real filthy talk can go on there, but the "A" word is a no no here i dont get it

also my question is, why have a BAD TRADER LIST if that is not automatic cause to ban someone?

Old 04-20-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

i honestly dont have a clue what the relationship between "bad traders", the "bad traders list" and getting banned is, but maybe i can help answer part of your other questions

Quote:
the other boards, and all of SO is supposed to be rated "PG", i believe that TJ has explained that most words that are off-limits should be automatically censored by the profanity filter on the board - just dont try to go around the filters, or post any pics that break the rules and you should be OK.

Quote:
...in the CHIT CHAT section, I checked that out recently and there was a HUGE LONG THREAD about how to perform certain Sex Acts? and that was a whole lot more vulgar than the "A" word
unfortunately, no moderator can read every single post in every thread that gets posted - unless someone REPORTS something that breaks the rules, there is no way to guarantee that it will be caught in every case - and I believe that the thread which you are referring to on Chit Chat was closed within a couple of days. This is a public board, people are going to break rules; we just have to do the best we can to enforce them and keep the peace.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:37 PM   #8
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Forums

Quote:

also my question is, why have a BAD TRADER LIST if that is not automatic cause to ban someone?

As I said I'll et TJ address more of this, But....

The Bad trader- Dont' forget there are oobers of forums on here.
Being a bad trader can mean you dind't send out, or you don't know what your doing.
Your learning, or you over estiamted yourself-
You don't have to be a scammer to be a bad trader
And being a bad trader, doesnt' mean you don't automatically have a contribution or in time, can add to one of the many other forums.

Not even a quarter of the users of SitcomsOnline are traders.
The traders forum is ONE of many forums.
Therefore, it wouldn't be entirely fair to simply remove a user from the entire site, if they can't produce good trades.

Speaking very generalized there.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #9
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
i honestly dont have a clue what the relationship between "bad traders", the "bad traders list" and getting banned is, but maybe i can help answer part of your other questions

the other boards, and all of SO is supposed to be rated "PG", i believe that TJ has explained that most words that are off-limits should be automatically censored by the profanity filter on the board - just dont try to go around the filters, or post any pics that break the rules and you should be OK.

unfortunately, no moderator can read every single post in every thread that gets posted - unless someone REPORTS something that breaks the rules, there is no way to guarantee that it will be caught in every case - and I believe that the thread which you are referring to on Chit Chat was closed within a couple of days. This is a public board, people are going to break rules; we just have to do the best we can to enforce them and keep the peace.
The thread on giving oral sex was up for more then three days, in fact covered more then one page. Are you saying no moderator noticed this thread at all but in the same breath you found this post in hours? Crystal is a dirty whore was up for more then a week, again all moderators missed it.

Your making fun of my intelligence.

Harvey
Old 04-20-2006, 08:39 PM   #10
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default got ya

i got ya on that 1, and i understand u cannot comment on the BAD TRADERS LIST and all since u dont hang out here much

but, i honestly dont think anyone that i know and trade with would be offended by the "A" word, except perhaps the person who was refered to as an "A" Kisser

that seems like a realllll PG word to me

now was it in good taste or not? that can be debated but i doubt anyone considers that word to be profane or obscene

Old 04-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #11
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default i can think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
And being a bad trader, doesnt' mean you don't automatically have a contribution or in time, can add to one of the many other forums.
of some names on the bad trader list who have never contributed squat

Old 04-20-2006, 09:02 PM   #12
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
The thread on giving oral sex was up for more then three days, in fact covered more then one page. Are you saying no moderator noticed this thread at all but in the same breath you found this post in hours? Crystal is a dirty whore was up for more then a week, again all moderators missed it.

Your making fun of my intelligence.

Harvey
i only saw that thread once - it was gone the next time i looked, i dont know how long it was up for, but I assume that Janice got rid of it as soon as she was aware of it.

as for seeing this thread in hours - pure coincidence that i saw it when i did.

the "Crystal is a pirate whore" thread is an inside joke amongst the members who post in it - i havent read every post in there by any means, but if there is something in there that offended anyone - including Crystal (who is one of the main posters in that thread) - it would've been taken care of if it had been reported.

i have nothing but respect for your intelligence and many years of experience, but it is a simple fact that moderators must sometimes rely on other members on the boards to use the report feature to do their jobs here.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #13
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

Quote:
i got ya on that 1, and i understand u cannot comment on the BAD TRADERS LIST and all since u dont hang out here much

but, i honestly dont think anyone that i know and trade with would be offended by the "A" word, except perhaps the person who was refered to as an "A" Kisser

that seems like a realllll PG word to me

now was it in good taste or not? that can be debated but i doubt anyone considers that word to be profane or obscene

simple test of the profanity filter:

ass

michael moore

youisaracist

Old 04-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #14
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default I can

I can think of Good traders that are an absolute terror

I can think of "bad traders'
but who frequent other areas of the board and do just fine for chit chatting etc-
Just got overwhelmed with trading, or just honestly- weren't very good at it

Which is why there is not hard fast set rule

And although not every moderator, knows each area-
In example, RobyRob was the one who caught ChipsNSoda- becuase he posted on the Happy Days forum not here- and BOY am I glad they did.

As well NOT being involved in trades, and not knowing all of you so well, lets other moderators be more objective-
And more issue oriented instead of subject.

I am thankful for the diversity in the forums and groups-

And the simple fact is there may be certain things that for SURe will get you banned
Threatening another member-
Extreme Profanity-
Obvious intention of being on the board for only negative reasons

The rules cover the basics of what will Automatically ban you

The rest is of course going to be determined by the moderators, administrators and of course the owner.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #15
lilhave

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
I can think of Good traders that are an absolute terror

I can think of "bad traders'
but who frequent other areas of the board and do just fine for chit chatting etc-
Just got overwhelmed with trading, or just honestly- weren't very good at it

Which is why there is not hard fast set rule

And although not every moderator, knows each area-
In example, RobyRob was the one who caught ChipsNSoda- becuase he posted on the Happy Days forum not here- and BOY am I glad they did.

As well NOT being involved in trades, and not knowing all of you so well, lets other moderators be more objective-
And more issue oriented instead of subject.

I am thankful for the diversity in the forums and groups-

And the simple fact is there may be certain things that for SURe will get you banned
Threatening another member-
Extreme Profanity-
Obvious intention of being on the board for only negative reasons

The rules cover the basics of what will Automatically ban you

The rest is of course going to be determined by the moderators, administrators and of course the owner.
What's extreme profanity vs little profanity? Number of words, how many words, how many times etc. It's like saying a little pregnant or a lot pregnant. There ain't a difference, either your pregnant or not. Either you use profanity or you don't, not extreme.

Harvey
Closed Thread