Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #46
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 13

Jen you are funny-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #47
DAJIZZARIZZA
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

are you guys talking about sex now ? ... you lost me ?
DAJIZZARIZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #48
Agent 13

I was referring to Solomon's badgering tactics, which are completely and utterly uncalled for the majority of the time.
Agent 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #49
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
There is nothing common on my want list. Anything I want, it's something that is not easy to find.
Well there you go. So long as you are willing to trade anything that you have for anything that you want, you're not hoarding, imho. It's up to the people who want to trade with you to come up with something that you want, not for you to change your wants to accomodate the people who want to trade with you. I've had to get stuff I didn't care about personally many times in order to trade with people who had what I wanted, and it's always been worth it.
lazygrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #50
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygrae
Well there you go. So long as you are willing to trade anything that you have for anything that you want, you're not hoarding, imho. It's up to the people who want to trade with you to come up with something that you want, not for you to change your wants to accomodate the people who want to trade with you. I've had to get stuff I didn't care about personally many times in order to trade with people who had what I wanted, and it's always been worth it.

I do that somtimes. Like I accepted these shows to get something I wanted but never watched them once I received them.

Kate and Allie, Barney Miller, and Brady Brides
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #51
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Quincy

Since moderating here, sales has come up several times.

Most of you know, point blank- it isn't allowed on the site.

But, we also know it happens. Sometimes a trade is defunked to media, or cash- I am not going to play Savage Police Officer tonight.

What I do want to know is- community opinion.

Do you feel that Quincy is defaulting to selling because trades are impossible, or do you feel the trades are being made impossible to give reason to sell-
And more so, I have had specific complaints that they have emailed users, to drum up sales, BEFORE a trade is even presented.

Meaning, they are soliciting.
Not falling back on sales to help a new trader- Not selling because they coudlnt' find anything but using the sitocms email list as a bases for advertising, to sell.

I would like any feedback that is possible on this- and have as well contacted the user in question.

If sales are being done outside the board, so be it.
But if the board is being USED to make sales offers that is harrasment and no one has to tolerate that.

The main thing over the opinion of sales is this.

If you CHOOSE to buy, fine. If you choose to write them and try to work something out, fine. Its your choice you are all adults.
But if they are manipulating the rules and regulations, to contact people that isn't trading that is telemarketing.

Thank you for your cooperation

Savage~

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #52
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

I bought a tape from him a couple of months back. It took a lot longer to get the tape than originally told but that is really the only complaint I have with him.

Also at the time I never even tried to trade I just paid the money and that was that, So I can't answer your question about that.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
gilligan fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #53
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Sales

I am not terribly worried about quality- as I am sales and its pursuit.
And the methods taken for that.

Most people know Loren sells, Nice quality- but he doesn't sell here.

I went through tonight and personally edited 15 posts, quoting prices and sales offers.

For a member whom has been here so long, I would assume the rules stated above, would be well known.

These sales aren't being talked about privately, but posted publically.
They aren't being worked out, when all else fails they are being offered before trades start.

This to me is solicitation.

And this is despite the fact, some users emailed them to complain asking NOT to receive future sales offers and were ignored.
So to those members, this is harrasment.

This is my concern.
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #54
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default MY 2 cents worth.....

I think that we all know that people have posted about selling her in the past. some more than others. my recommendation is to just forgive any past rule violations and start fresh......

email the people that you have had to edit or delete posts on, and tell them clearly "IF YOU POST ABOUT SELLING AGAIN YOU ARE GONE" and that is that. Then there are no excuses. I always prefer to trade, b/c that is how I get more goodies for my stocking! But others have different goals, and that is fine as long as they deal with people 1 on 1......

just my 2 cents worth

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:32 PM   #55
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
I am not terribly worried about quality- as I am sales and its pursuit.
And the methods taken for that.

Most people know Loren sells, Nice quality- but he doesn't sell here.

I went through tonight and personally edited 15 posts, quoting prices and sales offers.

For a member whom has been here so long, I would assume the rules stated above, would be well known.

These sales aren't being talked about privately, but posted publically.
They aren't being worked out, when all else fails they are being offered before trades start.

This to me is solicitation.

And this is despite the fact, some users emailed them to complain asking NOT to receive future sales offers and were ignored.
So to those members, this is harrasment.

This is my concern.
Well, in response to an ISO I posted, I was approached (via email) by one regular here (who was not Quinncy) about a trade and/or sale of a copy of a retail set of what I was looking for. I don't suppose that can ever be controlled. Of course, as it turns out, the trader only wanted a few things I had on my list, but I could purchase the set if I wanted to.

I had contacted this same trader previously to try to get some eps they had & I had several eps (six) on their want list - yet the trader would not trade with me because it was a "small trade". Which is fine, because I realize we are all entitled to refuse a trade for whatever reason or for no reason at all. But my point is that it isn't just Quinncy. So where are you going to draw the line? Someone who doesn't offer to trade at all? Someone who offers a trade & then says you don't have anything they want, but you can buy from them? Someone who says they only want 1 disc from you & you can buy the rest of their set?

In reality, I think it's just to hard to draw the line. I'd say it's probably best to leave well enough alone & let people use their handy, dandy delete button when they get those emails. JMO.

...Metallica
RedWhine56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:47 PM   #56
DAJIZZARIZZA
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

YOU KNOW ,.. THIS IS A FUNNY SUBJECT ,... I SELL ,.. BUT ONLY WHEN A TRADE IS NOT POSSIBLE ,.. AND A PERSON REALLY WANTS IT ... ON THE OTHER HAND ...IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF IF YOU HAVE A RARE SET ... YOU WILL ONLY TRADE AND NOT SELL. LET ME BE CLEAR ON THIS ... IF I HAVE ABSOLUTLY NOTHING YOU WANT ,,.. BURNER IS DEAD,... COMPUTER IS KAPUTS ,.. AND YOU WON'T SELL THE SET ... BUT "ONLY TRADE IT" ... THAT'S BAD IN MY EYES.

IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY OR SCARED TO SELL ... THAT'S ONE THING .. I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT.
THAT'S OCCASIONAL SELLING ... ALL PRIVATE ... OK

NOW I'LL SHARE WITH YOU WHY PUBLIC SELLING OF TVSHOWS ,.. AND OH MY GOD ,... RETAILS ... IS DANGEROUS TO TRADING FORUMS.
WHEN THE PERSON GET BUSTED ,.. "ONLY A MATTER OF WHEN" THE STING CAN REACH AS FAR AS YOU OR I ,.. RIGHT HERE.

WHAT IS STOPING A PERSON (ONCE HE OR SHE IS APPREHENDED BY THE LAW ?) FROM MAKING A PLEA BARGAIN ... ON HELPING THEM GRAB MORE FOLKS FROM A FORUM ... ALL THE E-MAILS WILL BE OPEN INFO... ADDRESSES ... EVERYTHING BUT THE KEY TO YOUR HOUSE ...

I TRULY DO NOT FRET OVER THIS STUFF ,.. CAUSE I KNOW HOW TO STAY OUT OF JAIL AND OR PRISON... EVEN WITH THE TRANSACTIONS I MAKE .

SO KEEP FOOLING YOURSELVES ABOUT THE OPEN DOOR YOU ALLOW HERE ,..HELL I BET YOU BIG TIME ,.. THERE IS ATLEAST 1 COP HERE "POSING AS A TRADER ,.. CAUSE YOU GUYS LET FOLKS IN HERE PRETTY EASY.

JUST REMEMBER WHO YOU HEARD THIS FROM 1ST. ....
DAJIZZARIZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 08:09 PM   #57
scottdvd
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
Since moderating here, sales has come up several times.

Most of you know, point blank- it isn't allowed on the site.

But, we also know it happens. Sometimes a trade is defunked to media, or cash- I am not going to play Savage Police Officer tonight.

What I do want to know is- community opinion.

Do you feel that Quincy is defaulting to selling because trades are impossible, or do you feel the trades are being made impossible to give reason to sell-
And more so, I have had specific complaints that they have emailed users, to drum up sales, BEFORE a trade is even presented.

Meaning, they are soliciting.
Not falling back on sales to help a new trader- Not selling because they coudlnt' find anything but using the sitocms email list as a bases for advertising, to sell.

I would like any feedback that is possible on this- and have as well contacted the user in question.

If sales are being done outside the board, so be it.
But if the board is being USED to make sales offers that is harrasment and no one has to tolerate that.

The main thing over the opinion of sales is this.

If you CHOOSE to buy, fine. If you choose to write them and try to work something out, fine. Its your choice you are all adults.
But if they are manipulating the rules and regulations, to contact people that isn't trading that is telemarketing.

Thank you for your cooperation

Savage~

There are people that post TV series for trade on here that know 99.9% chance they will end up setting up a sale, not a trade.

I rarely get a direct email from someone asking me if I want to buy a set.

I have responded to a post before and they say I have nothing they want or they are not trading the set they have for one I have but they will sell it to me. I point out a few sets they do not have and they tell me they do not want those sets at all, fair enough. Its funny two weeks later I see the sets they don't want on their list now. Its because at the time they wanted me to buy, not trade.

I rarely buy sets anymore. If you wait a month or so after a "rare" set surfaces, someone will trade it with you.
scottdvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 PM   #58
Agent 13

In defense of Quincy aka Piperspost... once the new "no selling" rule was implemented he quit posting prices, though there have been a few trader checks on him.

I, too, have had people turn me down for a trade for an item on their want list, only to later find out they picked it up from someone else. We all pick and choose traders for one reason or another (i.e. attitudes; lifestyle; etc.), whether we admit it or not.

Agent 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #59
Michael Randazzo
Frequent Poster

Default Unreal

I have listed I am ISO According To Jim, this guy emails me and says he has up to episodes 103.

I email him back and say yes will he trade, he says he is not trading right now but he will sell me a 2 hour tape for $50.00.

So much for being in a trade room, go sell on E-Bay. Trade rooms I thought meant to trade disk for disk or tape for tape.

God Bless
Michael Randazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:45 PM   #60
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular

I think it's a shame when people get mad if someone isn't interested in trading with them. I've been disappointed, but it's a waste of energy to get mad. If I hunt around long enough, I've found that I can usually find what I want from someone else. But I'm a great deal more patient than most traders I find active in the hobby lately - I've been trading nearly 30 years, and some programs, I've been searching for all that time. There's one show I've been hunting for since it aired in 1968. I believe I will eventually find it, and in the meantime, I'm enjoying the search.

I buy on occasion, but I absolutely will not sell, and I will not do stuff for blanks - I can't keep up with what I'm trying to record for myself, I'd be nuts to take on more for blank media. There are a few things I'm searching for that I'd pay $50 a two-hour tape. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether what's on offer is worth the price asked, whether it's money, programming in trade, or even dealing with a person's personality or attitude.

And everyone has to find their own comfort level - if it's "trade only," why is that something to get angry over? This is a hobby - hobbies are supposed to be fun. No one is required to do something that isn't fun to them to please some other person (so long as they act ethically).