Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer
Dove Channel Brings Out Holiday Classics; CW Gets DC Universe Series with Sitcom Star

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #31
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

If I were to get my hands on Checking In, I wouldn't hold it for a King's Ransom. I would share it and expand my want list.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #32
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default Thanks a lot!

Brian--- thanks for the kind words

I don't want this to be one of those threads that goes on and on and on forever---- I mean if people want to charge $100 a vhs tape, good for them

I just think that it is shortsighted on peoples parts!

I mean, I do a LOT of trades a month.... and I prefer to trade, BUT I WILL BUY if i have to! I am cheap and hate to spend the $ but if that is the only way to get a show I really want, then I will bite my tongue and do it

Sellers who sell for $50 a vhs tape, will not do as many sales as someone who sells for $25 a vhs tape....
If I were one of those High Priced Sellers, I would do the math-----

is it better for them to sell 10 vhs tapes for $50 each and make $500---
and then turn down many other potential sales.....
or to lower the price to $25 and then sell 100 tapes a month???

TO ALL YOU HIGH PRICED SELLERS, you will make more $$$ if you lower your costs!!!!!! U might not make as much per tape/disc, but you will make up for it with volume and come out WAY AHEAD!!!!

That said-- I wish them all well, if they can get people to pay the high prices, more power to them... I just am not willing to pay that much, especially for a vhs tape....

www.freewebs.com/nmboye

Last edited by Lamont; 09-10-2005 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #33
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
If I were to get my hands on Checking In, I wouldn't hold it for a King's Ransom. I would share it and expand my want list.

I don't know Brian-lol Checking In, a show that hasn't been seen in 24 years, never in syndication, and lasted only 4 weeks. I think i would want somwething very special in return.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #34
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default Well...

Well, OK for Checking in , maybe I would pay $50
BUT my particular situation was wanting THE TONY RANDALL show from him, 41 eps on 11 tapes---and NO i am not willing to pay $400 for that set
i mean, maybe if it was just 1 tape id do $50
but if i am BUYING 11 vhs tapes, i think u can work with me on a more fair price

Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #35
DAJIZZARIZZA
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

ok, i understand you can charge whatever you want for vhs ... (throw up ) or for dvd ... so on this forum you allow folks like this to roam and prey on newbies inexperience... i have no more to say on this matter .. but i hope he knows where he can stick his high priced vhs tapes.
DAJIZZARIZZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #36
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
Well, OK for Checking in , maybe I would pay $50
BUT my particular situation was wanting THE TONY RANDALL show from him, 41 eps on 11 tapes---and NO i am not willing to pay $400 for that set
i mean, maybe if it was just 1 tape id do $50
but if i am BUYING 11 vhs tapes, i think u can work with me on a more fair price

Yeah I would agree that would be TOO MUCH unless every episode was an Original Broadcast with Commercials and A- Quality.-lol
Old 09-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #37
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Everything I have is on my have list. Everything on my have list, except retails and things still on VHS, is available for trade for anything on my want list. No hoarding, no games, no elitism.

Quote:
I think i would want somwething very special in return.
Unfortunately, there are a lot more traders like Retro out there who place this imaginary value on things. If you are looking for these things, then sometimes you have to play along with their game or risk losing out altogether. If you get a rare show, one that would qualify as "something special" to Retro, but you trade it to everyone first, then by the time Retro gets "Checking In" and you try to arrange a trade for that with him, your once-previously very rare show has become "common" to him and you can't do a trade. It's all just BS basically, but that's how some people operate.
lazygrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:48 PM   #38
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygrae
Everything I have is on my have list. Everything on my have list, except retails and things still on VHS, is available for trade for anything on my want list. No hoarding, no games, no elitism.

Unfortunately, there are a lot more traders like Retro out there who place this imaginary value on things. If you are looking for these things, then sometimes you have to play along with their game or risk losing out altogether. If you get a rare show, one that would qualify as "something special" to Retro, but you trade it to everyone first, then by the time Retro gets "Checking In" and you try to arrange a trade for that with him, your once-previously very rare show has become "common" to him and you can't do a trade. It's all just BS basically, but that's how some people operate.

You know I find it funny that some traders can have preferences like I only want to trade for DVD but when I say things like-"If I pay $100 for a Rare Show and Don;t want to trade it for a common show'then I get criticized for Hoarding-lol Unbelievable!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #39
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Quote:
I find it funny that some traders can have preferences like I only want to trade for DVD but when I say things like-"If I pay $100 for a Rare Show and Don;t want to trade it for a common show'then I get criticized for Hoarding
I'm sorry, I missed your point. What is the connection between people who trade only for DVDs (which I am not one of by the way since you quoted me) and not trading "rare" shows that you paid $100 for?
Old 09-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #40
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm sorry, I missed your point. What is the connection between people who trade only for DVDs (which I am not one of by the way since you quoted me) and not trading "rare" shows that you paid $100 for?

I was just saying all traders have certain preferences*and should not be criticized because of them. That's all. Like there are traders who only want Original Network Airings with all commercials and only want the same in return. Just like Traders who prefer emails from DVD traders only. So every trader has a certain preference
Old 09-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #41
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

If you don't have any common shows on your want list, then that's one thing. Obviously no one is obliged to trade for something they don't want. But if you do want common things and are being picky about what you'll trade for to get them, then that's not a preference, that's hoarding.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #42
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
If you don't have any common shows on your want list, then that's one thing. Obviously no one is obliged to trade for something they don't want. But if you do want common things and are being picky about what you'll trade for to get them, then that's not a preference, that's hoarding.

There is nothing common on my want list. Anything I want, it's something that is not easy to find. Looking for Uncommon TV Shows and finding them is what makes trading fun.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #43
Agent 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Solomon have you ever heard the saying, "You attract more bees with honey?" I think it applies well with tape trading...
If RetroTVCollector used a little more honey and a lot less vinegar in his posts and emails, we wouldn't even be having this conversation because his collection would be a whole lot larger than it is.
Agent 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #44
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 13
If RetroTVCollector used a little more honey and a lot less vinegar in his posts, we wouldn't even be having this conversation because his collection would be a whole lot larger than it is.

Well I didn't get the collection I have using vinegar-lol I always use Honey when trading, it's very important.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #45
Agent 13

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroTVCollector
Well I didn't get the collection I have using vinegar-lol I always use Honey when trading, it's very important.
Agent 13 is offline   Reply With Quote