Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #46
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: In Hell
Posts: 61,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth
USA reran Perfect Strangers for a time. After that, it was syndicated to WB affiliates for a while.

N@N ran, if I remember correctly, 59 total different episodes (1-57, 59, 63)
It was never syndicated on my WB affiliate. It must not have been the whole country. Yea I remember when it was on N@N. 3 a.m. I could never stay up to watch it much and I got tired of setting the timer on my VCR every night.
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #47
combsisthebest
Member
Moderator
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2004
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Walk The Line
It was never syndicated on my WB affiliate. It must not have been the whole country. Yea I remember when it was on N@N. 3 a.m. I could never stay up to watch it much and I got tired of setting the timer on my VCR every night.
It was on the WB Cable channels across the nation (markets too small to have a WB broadcast station). I wish I had recorded it too.
__________________
Turn it Around
Open the Windows of Heaven
Pour out a Blessing Overflow
Turn it Around
Open the Windows of Heaven
Pour out a Blessing We Cannot Contain
Let it rain!
combsisthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #48
Japs
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 12, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 328
Default

Im new to this thing but I was very glad when I managed to get diff strokes on DVD, The Wonder years, Goodnight Sweetheart, Saved by the Bell and now California Dreams.

If I could get Pugwall I would be over the moon but it will never happen I dont think.
Japs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #49
glockman101
Member
Frequent Poster
 
glockman101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: louisiana
Posts: 103
Default

I would have to say that the top 5 series on my trade list is Daniel Boone, bret maverick 1980 series, wagon train, bordertown and Five mile creek.
glockman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #50
ajm1972
Member
Forum Regular
 
ajm1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 270
Default

Solomon you were happy to find Lewis & Clark, I thought you didnt like the show and didnt even watch more than a few minutes.

Mine would be, all on beta uncut from original network broadcasts with original commercials:

Last 5 seasons of Waltons
Filthy Rich episodes (rare as far as I know)
Scarecrow & Mrs. King episodes (oddly havent seen many of these around)
Vega$ episodes
BJ & The Bear episodes

Aj
ajm1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:06 PM   #51
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm1972
Solomon you were happy to find Lewis & Clark, I thought you didnt like the show and didnt even watch more than a few minutes.

Mine would be, all on beta uncut from original network broadcasts with original commercials:

Last 5 seasons of Waltons
Filthy Rich episodes (rare as far as I know)
Scarecrow & Mrs. King episodes (oddly havent seen many of these around)
Vega$ episodes
BJ & The Bear episodes

Aj

I was happy to find it because It's Rare with a Capital R
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:02 AM   #52
ajm1972
Member
Forum Regular
 
ajm1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 270
Default

I know who literally taped that Lewis and Clark episode 25 years ago.

I guess even when a show is junk its still considered rare.

Aj
ajm1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #53
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm1972
I know who literally taped that Lewis and Clark episode 25 years ago.

I guess even when a show is junk its still considered rare.

Aj

Rare Show: Not in syndication or on cable and not on a lot of traders list.


Doesn't Lewis and Clar fall into that category?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #54
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular
 
debwalsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 23, 2004
Location: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Posts: 484
Default

Sometimes stuff is rare because no one liked it at the time it aired or it just wasn't any good. I think we can safely distinguish "rare" from "good" although at times, a show shares both qualities.

I recently read a review on IMDB of Hot L Baltimore, a show I have always considered to be brilliant - I watched it when it was on the air, and I loved it and I've always wanted a copy of the series for myself. Well, this reviewer, from Wales, I believe, sounded like he'd seen it recently and went into great depth in his criticism of the show. It was really a pretty thorough review, very detailed - and for him, the show was the greatest load of crap ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public. It's still one of my most wanted shows, not because it's rare, but because I remember it being very good and I've always wanted it. But it's also extremely rare, as in no one has it that I've been able to find, not in nearly 30 years of trading.

But ... I have patience. I will find it some day. In the meantime, I'm happy with what I have found, and have hopes of filling in more of those blanks in my collection.
__________________
Deb Walsh
Savage Traders Online!
debwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #55
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debwalsh
Sometimes stuff is rare because no one liked it at the time it aired or it just wasn't any good. I think we can safely distinguish "rare" from "good" although at times, a show shares both qualities.

I recently read a review on IMDB of Hot L Baltimore, a show I have always considered to be brilliant - I watched it when it was on the air, and I loved it and I've always wanted a copy of the series for myself. Well, this reviewer, from Wales, I believe, sounded like he'd seen it recently and went into great depth in his criticism of the show. It was really a pretty thorough review, very detailed - and for him, the show was the greatest load of crap ever perpetrated on an unsuspecting public. It's still one of my most wanted shows, not because it's rare, but because I remember it being very good and I've always wanted it. But it's also extremely rare, as in no one has it that I've been able to find, not in nearly 30 years of trading.

But ... I have patience. I will find it some day. In the meantime, I'm happy with what I have found, and have hopes of filling in more of those blanks in my collection.

I think the only hopes of us seeing Hot L baltimore is if it's released on DVD as a Norman Lear One Year Wonder Special. Defintely not going to find any trader with it.
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #56
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular
 
lazygrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2003
Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
I recently read a review on IMDB of Hot L Baltimore
Did you try to contact the reviewer to see if he has copies? I've done that before, sometimes I've had luck, sometimes not. But definitely worth the effort if you have any contact info to reach him/her.
__________________
Have/Want list: www.chezgrae.com/videos.html

Unofficial Mod Squad Home Page: www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/
lazygrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #57
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular
 
debwalsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 23, 2004
Location: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Posts: 484
Default

I've been toying with the idea. Either this guy has a remarkable memory, or he's seen the show in the last few years. But he hated it so much, I'd be shocked if he kept a copy.

In the meantime, I've sent in a request to S'More Entertainment to look into putting it out as part of their partnership with the UCLA Archive. Can't hurt for other people to ask, too ...
debwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.