Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #46
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
sharkey, i made the set from vhs tapes, so i know they are all there
all of them, not just 20

grady--no, nothing

I was just saying I would be hesistant to get the 37 ep set of sharkey because of glitches on the DVD. I saw someone selling the set on ebay and I was tempted but I changed my mind. Now if they were selling all 37 eps on VHS, i would have bought them with the quickness and converted them to DVD myself
Old 07-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #47
Lee G
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Lamont cracks me up. You big dummy! Mistakes can happen like getting hold of a bad DVD or VHS tape. But it is inexcusable to send someone a set of DVD's with duplicate episodes and others with no sound. Totally uncalled for. This trading forum is bad news. All people do here is rip each other off and bicker with one another. I won't be a part of it anymore. I'll try to limit my future posts to the individual TV show threads. I've said my piece, case closed.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #48
eddieo396
Frequent Poster

i think it is time for the moderator to close this baby down.
ps again im sorry loren
Old 07-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #49
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
I was just saying I would be hesistant to get the 37 ep set of sharkey because of glitches on the DVD. I saw someone selling the set on ebay and I was tempted but I changed my mind. Now if they were selling all 37 eps on VHS, i would have bought them with the quickness and converted them to DVD myself
I didn't think you ever got a DVDR. I knew you were looking but I never thought you got one.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 07-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #50
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

TV ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee G
Lamont cracks me up. You big dummy! Mistakes can happen like getting hold of a bad DVD or VHS tape. But it is inexcusable to send someone a set of DVD's with duplicate episodes and others with no sound. Totally uncalled for. This trading forum is bad news. All people do here is rip each other off and bicker with one another. I won't be a part of it anymore. I'll try to limit my future posts to the individual TV show threads. I've said my piece, case closed.
Lee G
i was not singling you out at all

BUT if i may comment
FOR INSTANCE on a set like HAZEL, its what-- 150 some eps?

How is someone supposed to know if less than a handful might not have sound? i mean, i try to check against an ep guide when i get a new set in to see what is there, and all and i spot check, but did u think that someone had actually watched, ALL 150 odd episodes? of course not, someone gets a big set, they check it out the best they can and duplicate it, if there are a few smaller issues like this----99% of the time with a detailed email, they can be fixed--- For instance, maybe the person who did the set could redo those discs? i have a hazel set and to best of my knowledge, all eps have sound! its a different set than lorens but its the same series and same # of eps, and still missing #23

i was not directing it just to you, but to traders in general, who get upset b/c of minor flaws that can 99% of the time be fixed

like--- i have the GUNSMOKE set, all 20 years of the series--- ive checked to be sure its complete, but NO ive not watched all 600+ hours of the show, so its possible that some glitches are there

to me its just not worth all this ugliness over it all
and im sorry u r not interested in trading,
and i dont know what your experiences are, but rip offs are not very common
now mistakes happen, people get behind, people have issues with sets-- yes to all
but ive only been ripped off a handful of times on this board

(99% of the time by 1 of "LAMONT'S ANGELS" or a certain Howling guy from the woods!)

and i do tons of trades and i can say that over 95% of them go off excellent!

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #51
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
I didn't think you ever got a DVDR. I knew you were looking but I never thought you got one.

I will be getting it sometime in August
Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #52
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
Lee G
i was not singling you out at all

BUT if i may comment
FOR INSTANCE on a set like HAZEL, its what-- 150 some eps?

How is someone supposed to know if less than a handful might not have sound? i mean, i try to check against an ep guide when i get a new set in to see what is there, and all and i spot check, but did u think that someone had actually watched, ALL 150 odd episodes? of course not, someone gets a big set, they check it out the best they can and duplicate it, if there are a few smaller issues like this----99% of the time with a detailed email, they can be fixed--- For instance, maybe the person who did the set could redo those discs? i have a hazel set and to best of my knowledge, all eps have sound! its a different set than lorens but its the same series and same # of eps, and still missing #23

i was not directing it just to you, but to traders in general, who get upset b/c of minor flaws that can 99% of the time be fixed

like--- i have the GUNSMOKE set, all 20 years of the series--- ive checked to be sure its complete, but NO ive not watched all 600+ hours of the show, so its possible that some glitches are there

to me its just not worth all this ugliness over it all
and im sorry u r not interested in trading,
and i dont know what your experiences are, but rip offs are not very common
now mistakes happen, people get behind, people have issues with sets-- yes to all
but ive only been ripped off a handful of times on this board

(99% of the time by 1 of "LAMONT'S ANGELS" or a certain Howling guy from the woods!)

and i do tons of trades and i can say that over 95% of them go off excellent!

That's why so risky for me to get an entire series on DVD because like you said every ep won't be checked.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #53
MsOrange
Bringin' Sexy Back

:yawn:
Old 07-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #54
lilhave

Quote:
I will be getting it sometime in August
Does that mean you have no way to burn a dvd? If not, does that mean if someone sends you a dvd, you send a tape?

Harvey
Old 07-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #55
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
Does that mean you have no way to burn a dvd? If not, does that mean if someone sends you a dvd, you send a tape?

Harvey

Yeah sometimes
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #56
lilhave

Quote:
Yeah sometimes
You want someone to get a tape from you, and then convert it to dvd? Am I reading correctly?

They send peaches and you send apples. Straight answer. Do you have a dvd burner, either on a computer or a duplicator?

Harvey
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #57
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhave
You want someone to get a tape from you, and then convert it to dvd? Am I reading correctly?

They send peaches and you send apples. Straight answer. Do you have a dvd burner, either on a computer or a duplicator?

Harvey

Harvey I'm not a DVD trader Only, still VHS but looking to become a DVD trader in the fall
Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #58
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
no one is going to sit there and tell me you look over every episode that you trade
Quote:
but as far as checking each episode for 100% length, correct title, etc etc
no thats not possible for anyone
Except when I first started making dvds and was going through the learning curve, I have ALWAYS checked every disc I get in and every disc I made before sending it out. I do not sit and watch them, but I run every disc through in its entirety at a slow fast forward speed to ensure there are no hang-ups. I also check every episode I get to confirm that it is the correct episode and has not been mistitled. I like it when the episode title is actually stated, but if not, I do whatever it takes to make a positive identification (checking guest stars, production #s, tv guides etc.) Once that has been done, it goes on the list. Never before.

I don't think there's anyone on this board who can say they have ever gotten a disc from me that didn't play, or that had the wrong/missing episode(s). You certainly haven't. Yet, I have from you several times. It took 4 attempts for you to get me one show and a couple for another.

I don't care about that and I'm not trying to rehash this as an issue, it wasn't then and it isn't now - in the end you got the shows to me and that's all that matters to me. I am just using it as an example to show that you have not shown me the same level of care and attention in our trades as I have shown you, so please do not include those of us who do take care to ensure that discs are as advertised, and there are lots of us, in your generalizations about those of you who are sloppier.

Bottom line being: if someone is going to trade/sell a set, then it is that person's responsibility to ensure that it is as they claim. The familiar line "the person I got it from said..." just does NOT cut it.

Unofficial Mod Squad Home Page: www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/

Last edited by lazygrae; 07-11-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:15 AM   #59
cmcb06
Forum Regular

Hi,

Not meaning to interfere or start an argument. But why can't this subject be dropped and forgotten about ? or else it is going to turn into a big fight just like the previous thread started by eddieo396.

Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to
get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house.
Bring your husbands.

Closed Thread