Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-19-2006, 09:05 PM   #61
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Oh, and welcome to my "ignore" list. If you & Joker dislike me & my vocabulary so much, I suggest you put me on yours, too.

...Metallica
RedWhine56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #62
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

You mean I wasn't on it 'till now???

Better late than never I guess.
y2k3Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #63
KonfusionFTC
Cobra Kai Never Dies

Send a message via ICQ to KonfusionFTC Send a message via AIM to KonfusionFTC Send a message via MSN to KonfusionFTC Send a message via Yahoo to KonfusionFTC

what happen when your on an ignore list???? does that mean u dont see those peoples posts?
KonfusionFTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #64
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default TIME OUT!

u 2 need to go sit in a corner in time out for 15 minutes

the question is NOT whether quincy is a nice guy or not, or whether he charges too much $ for vhs tapes, or whether he has nice stuff

my biggest concern is that he needs to NOT email people who dont want to be emailed, that is SPAM and against the board rules

i know several people who do not want emails from him, YET they still get them

and yes, we can just delete them all, BUT THATS NOT THE POINT

if i call someone up and leave 30 messages on their answering machine, they can delete them all too

but its still harassment

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:41 AM   #65
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Grumble

Do I need to air out the time out room?

Sometimes it is impossible to get someone to leav eyou alone- and in example the biggest complaint i have heard about quinncey, sin't his prices its his soliciting.

Yes you can take measures to ignore them, but in the case of Loren for example I have asked Quinncy specifically to cease emailing him-
Yet he does it weekly.

And it still comes down to, why is it YOUR responsibility to take measures to be left alone.

We had another user here, who was calling trades so mcuh some people changed their NUMBER over it.
How much of a disruption in life does that cause.

If you want to sell, I may not agree with you- but if you stand by your word - ok fine.
It is up to people to buy from you.
And obviouslly SOME people do buy form Quinncy.
But what I disagree with is peddling.

If you post your list and someone comes to YOU to buy
that is their choice

If you constantly email another to get them to buy
that is Nagging, Soliciting, and Irritating.

And I know many users here who have blocked PMS blocked emails, and amazingly enough NEW emails get created.

My opinion has been shared about Quinncy time and time again-
and for the SMALL percentage he does trade, I don't know why he continues to exhist on a trading board at all.

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:21 AM   #66
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Oh, gosh, Jay (blushing), I can't tell you how warm & fuzzy that makes me feel. But as flattered as I am with all your attention, I must say it only convinces me more that you really do need to get a life.

And of course Ms High and Mighty has returned. So much for the last post "for reals". GOD your buttons are sooo easy to push. Not much fun for you when people fight back huh?

Notice that 90% of the people on this thread agree that the continual efforts of Quincy are annoying and uncalled for? I do not see you attacking Savage or Lamont for voicing exactly what Joker and I said.

This post would have died and gone away if not for your one sided and tunnel vision arguements so thanks for bringing it even more attention. Your sparkling vocabulary is not accompanied by sufficient wit enough to make this even a challenge anymore. "I" need to get a life, seriously you have been digging a hole for yourself for hours. I told you this was a game and you played right along BUT to continue getting an A$$ whooping wow you really are a sucker for punishment.
Lex Luthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:33 AM   #67
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhine56
Oh, and welcome to my "ignore" list. If you & Joker dislike me & my vocabulary so much, I suggest you put me on yours, too.

Aww I am flattered that I rate so highly that you can add me to the distiguished list of RedWhines ignore list. I guess you wont be reading my posts then

Savage/Lamont

I appreciate the mediation attempt but I have watched Ms.Whine bully people with her vocabulary and talk down to people (Duh??) too many times to let this slide. She picked the wrong person to start her little subtle insults with and honestly I find those MORE annoying than Quincy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to belittle someone because Ms. Holier than thou does not agree is wrong. I do not like bullies and I have made it a habit to bully the bullies.

Savage you know I am usually trying to calm things down in the posts (ironic that Lamont and I have switched roles today, good job by the way Monty) but I firmly believe that this was started by RedWhine and if she can dish it out she better be able to take it.

"those in glass houses"
Old 05-20-2006, 04:41 AM   #68
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default One thing

One thing I do want to add-

If you are being bothered by a user, via here through PM
there is a way to block PM-s

You simply go to Private Messages
and on the left hand side, there is an option to block members.

But, I do have to disagree with on aspect-

To ignore someone isn't always so simple through email

I use comcast-
and there is no way to BLOCK an email address-
Only a way to add to a list you want to ALLOW

So for me, if I had 500 people that emailed me, possibly through this forum-
And I wanted to avoid quinncy emailing me
I would have to added 500 names TO my list

But on the larger side-
In the case of Quinncy he has been asked directly by me as well as the owner to not peddle his tapes.
Should he wish to list them
and a trade not be able to be struck up- he is entitled in the privacy of his emails to try to strike a deal affordable to those interested.
But I do disgaree that people shoudl have to block emails or be nagged, as this board is about trading-
and trading is supposedly, by willing parties.
To be hounded, as he has done to some users, isn't just disrespectful to the requests we have made, but to the concept of peoples space and privacy.
I have always urged people to ask him to ceased politely-
But there have been times in the case of several users here, that I have been asked to please warn him, or stress this fact.
Which to me outlines he isn't respecting the rules, by owner or moderator-
Or peoples boundries and personal space.

Everyone has their own opinion- and although it might be heated here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
But as each persons experience might be different- please try to understand you may disagree with others.

I think Lamont summed it up saying the simple fact is
Yes you can delete his emails.
In some cases block his emails-

Some people have a higher tolerance, some people have had a better experience with him- Some people are more patient.
But, if you ask someone to leave you alone and they don't that is just plain rude.
And as much as I don't mind moderating this forum, it is slightly ridiculous when I have people forwarded me 11-12 emails over a month time from a user they have just asked 10 times to leave them alone.

I hope I am not stepping on any toes here- it is just an opinion.
But its based on mainly complaints and the expectation that No means no.

At some point you also have to admit, that if you HAVE to do that- that means as an adult he is unwilling to simply stop, and leave you alone when asked.
And that is the very definition of harrasment to me.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:24 AM   #69
Dragonbear
balibt eisl kuschn
Frequent Poster

E-mail spamming:

It's a royal pain in the buns but usually a Terms of Service is signed
with an ISP. Especially when dealing with a dialup ISP such as AOL
or Earthlink.

Something you may want to take a little bit of time to do is to send
an e-mail request to the ISP operator to report the person as sending
spam. Anymore ISP's are taking these things seriously since money
is now becoming involved with lawsuits etc.

It doesn't resolve the situation to a point if they're able to open
up other "free site" e-mails. But if you can get to they're source
ISP a lot of times they're connection to the internet gets suspended.

balibt eisl kuschn

http://www.savagetradersonline.com
Dragonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #70
T-Greg

How in the world did a simple post about Quinncy come to this? Here's my take. If he's asked to stop emailing you, he should stop. If he responds to someone's "want" post, it is implied that he is willing to trade something for it. This is a trading post, not Ebay.
T-Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #71
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default yikes

seems every post turns around all over the place this month
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #72
tick26
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to tick26

i agree he's a bit pricey especially paying 50.00 (that's what he's been charging me) for a two hour show and only need 10 minutes of it. yes, in the beginning hie emails was getting annoying, but when he's the only one who responds to your request, you have to ask yourself, is the show you really looking for is really that rare or is the times people are getting burned from bad trades are holding out ? when you're looking for the same show for two years and the only reply you get all the time is from quincy, then you must ask yourself,35.00 and i have the show right now or requesting for another 2+ years for a better deal? i bought from him twice and yes he takes a while getting the tape to you , but he comes through on his end. when some thinks 10-15 is a bit pricey could be another reason why people are not replying they have what you're looking for. in reality, you're not going to get a series for 30.00 no matter what media it's on. if you do find that deal, be very afraid. i believe he replies to everyone requests he doesn't remember (or bother to) who he's emailed. number 2, not everyone has the same name on everyboard. if you're not interested, just delete it.
tick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #73
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick26
i agree he's a bit pricey especially paying 50.00 (that's what he's been charging me) for a two hour show and only need 10 minutes of it. yes, in the beginning hie emails was getting annoying, but when he's the only one who responds to your request, you have to ask yourself, is the show you really looking for is really that rare or is the times people are getting burned from bad trades are holding out ? when you're looking for the same show for two years and the only reply you get all the time is from quincy, then you must ask yourself,35.00 and i have the show right now or requesting for another 2+ years for a better deal? i bought from him twice and yes he takes a while getting the tape to you , but he comes through on his end. when some thinks 10-15 is a bit pricey could be another reason why people are not replying they have what you're looking for. in reality, you're not going to get a series for 30.00 no matter what media it's on. if you do find that deal, be very afraid. i believe he replies to everyone requests he doesn't remember (or bother to) who he's emailed. number 2, not everyone has the same name on everyboard. if you're not interested, just delete it.
Again the whole point of this post was because I do not wish to recieve unsolicited sales pitches from this guy, especially under the guise of a trade and then it turns into a sale. The guy has multiple email accounts and sends to people who have told him not interested.

It is a matter of respect for the people here on the board who have told him not to contact them but he continues to do so. His dvds are rare and he has not complaints from buyers... Great then sell to them. When people tell you to go away then go away. Stop the unsolicited and unwelcome sales to people who do not want them..

Thought this horse was dead but lets beat it a couple more times

Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 AM   #74
Lex Luthor
I'm bringing Lexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroslicer
Brian, you really crack me up. I haven't seen so many personalities since reading the book Sybil back in the 70's. Keep up the fun! But stay on your medication please.
Hugs and kisses,
Jay (aka Neuro) (now aka Javert?)

Me thinks you have me confused with someone else (or am I confused). Brian does not live here (or at least this personality does not know him), perhaps you are refering to the previous cartoondvds who sullied my name but this is the real Jay.

As far as the medication goes, well you might be right on that. It seems triple doses work wonders for me you should try it.

Cheers
(The real slim) Jay
Old 05-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #75
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Free press

I was always taught that No means no.

You would think it was simple

The only thing I can think is he does those MASS emailing things and is too lazy to pull peoples emails off it.

Then again
with all this talk- he gets free press right?