Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #46
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default My trading style

Personally, when I set up a trade, I set up a time limit.

For isntance.

"Hey I would really liek to get yoru Will and grace- seaosn 4. Are you open for trades.

If they say yes, I iron out the details, how many discs- and say what my approximate time is for my end to be shipped out and so on.
I ask them at that time.

If the time period has elapsed, and my end is ready and or their end hasn't come, I send them an email.
I usually allowe one full length of extra time.
IN example, if they originally said it woudl take them two weeks, I contact them after 2 weeks.
If another two weeks has gone by, I email them the second time and say perhaps I caught you at a bad time- Or something came up- regardless polite conduct usually would have dictated you contacting me to work something out by now.
Maybe we can try again in the future.
If my end is already made, I might be disgruntled, but I have been fairly lucky with unlaoed previous made sets.

And the few times this has happened, I have had the same user contact me the seocnd time, to try "again"

I require them to send first, and make nothing until it is received.

Once it is, I wipe the slate clean.
If they do the same thing, I don't bother trading them again.

I have been scorned for it, but that is my basic method.

I dont think your wrong for having some restrictions on time, and or patience whatsoever.

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 PM   #47
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular

If someone takes that long to send, you'd think they'd have the sense to check with you first to see if you even need the stuff any more. It's a little different if someone is recording material off-air for you - that just takes as long as it takes (for example I have someone in Canada who's been recording Seeing Things for me for more than a year, and I get periodic packages with the next batch of tapes she's filled - I'm grateful she's kept track of the episodes that needed replacement and she's made the effort to get them on tape).

And Rob, I will have your material off to you next week - all the discs are ready except for the replacement Spy Game #5, which is on its way to me.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #48
lazygrae
Archivist
Forum Regular

Location: Canada, watching the grooviest gang of fuzz who ever wore a badge.

Quote:
When u have someone say they will send first, and then like 3 months later, u get nothing, and no replies to emails, so then u make a deal to get it someplace else.......

and then lo and behold, the other person FINALLY sends it, but u dont need it now?
Always put a time-frame on your trades. That way if someone sends you something 3 months after the original time-frame, you're safe. That was not the deal you made and you have no responsibility to honor any deals other than the ones you explicitly agree to. If the other party doesn't like it, too bad for them, they're the ones that broke the terms of the deal and therefore are acting outside of any agreement between the two of you. The original deal ends when the initial time-frame passes and no goodies are in your hands, unless there is communication AND agreement otherwise. Just think of it as "breach of contract": after the breach, the rest of the contract is null and void. If the other party still wants to trade, and so do you, fresh negotiations can begin, again.
lazygrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #49
debwalsh
Ancient Archivist
Forum Regular

Interestingly enough, I'm in the midst of a contract law class, and Lazygrae's hit it on the head. Even if you don't settle on a specific time frame, there is the legal concept of "reasonable amount of time" which is basically what most people would consider to be reasonable. The contract is invalid if the other party doesn't meet their end of the deal within a reasonable period of time - if they send you the stuff after that period has elapsed, you have no obligation to perform your originally agreed-upon part of the contract, because the contract is void.
debwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:40 PM   #50
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default i know .....

i know sometimes people get behind, that happens
happens to me sometimes too
but all u need to do is let someone know

i just hated those situations because i ended up sending back the sets at my expense, and to be honest, i didnt even think i owed them that, but i still did

I have not been trading for some time now, so please do not ask---- sorry, i cannot help you!
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #51
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Default Thanks Deb

Thanks Deb, to be honest i didnt put a set time, just assumed it would be a week or 2, maybe a month tops ( I KNOW IT CAN TAKE LONGER IF THE PERSON HAS ONLY A DVD RECORDER AND is transfering from VHS -- so i am not always in a rush) BUT it was pretty lousy for these 2 morons, to expect me to wait 3 + months for stuff with no emails or anything
Lamont is offline   Reply With Quote