Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Comes to an End; FXX Goes Full Blown Animation Domination with New Acquisitions
Fri-Yay: NBC Reportedly Wants to Reboot The Office; Remembering Norm Macdonald of The Norm Show/Norm
Comedy Central Fall 2021: Seinfeld Joins Lineup; Apple TV+ New Comedy Acapulco Premieres Oct. 8
Only Murders in the Building Renewed for Season 2; HBO Max's Love Life New Season Starts Oct. 28
Columbo 50th Anniversary Marathon on COZI TV; BET+ R-Rated Sitcom Renewed for Season 2
Anthony Anderson and Mama Doris Headlining Halloween on Discovery+; The Last O.G. Is Back Oct. 26
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 13, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-September)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
09/21 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-29-2021, 09:18 AM   #1
jonvit69
Occasional Poster

Default Logo

is it possible to stream the logo channel? Dish only airs logo if you subscribe to a more expensive package.there weeknight line up of mamas family,sanford and son, etc. looks great!
jonvit69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
FHCastmember
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvit69 View Post
is it possible to stream the logo channel? Dish only airs logo if you subscribe to a more expensive package.there weeknight line up of mamas family,sanford and son, etc. looks great!
You can stream Logo with sling tv
FHCastmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #3
favoriteshow
Frequent Poster

It's on Philo as well as Sling with Comedy Extra package. Those two are the lowest price streaming packages with Logo.

The Sanford and Son series though is on Starz as well. Mama's Family (complete series) can be bought on DVD for <$50.

It's a nice to have channel but I wouldn't rely on Logo for classic tv series. For those that prefer a schedule, it doesn't have a fixed schedule, runs marathons of shows you might not have interest, and it is loaded with commercials.
favoriteshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:51 AM   #4
Christopher
Hush
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by favoriteshow View Post
I wouldn't rely on Logo for classic tv series. it is loaded with commercials.
I was going to say I believe Logo butchers the hell out of their shows. I think The Facts of Life fans have said they only air like 17 or 19 minutes of an episode that originally runs between 24 to 25 minutes. It's best just saving your money to buy the DVD sets of the shows you want so you can see them in its entirety.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:37 AM   #5
Sal
Forum 3K Club Member

Their website does offer a live stream but you have to sign in with your cable provider and internet password:

Logo TV Live

If you prefer a simpler method, you can use my VLC links where you just press the green Download button and you can watch it from here:

LOGO - Free Live Stream

ANTENNA TV

ME TV

DECADES

CHCH

PLUTO TV - Classic TV Comedy
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:06 PM   #6
favoriteshow
Frequent Poster

getTV also airs Sanford & Son.

frndlyTV recently added getTV and even more recently added feTV. It's $5.99/mo or $7.99/mo for HD with 2 streams, and includes unlimited DVR. (I'd recommend the $7.99 package). feTV has Hazel, Bewiched, I Dream of Jeannie and a few older sitcoms.

frndlyTV includes 3 Hallmark channels, UPTV, INSP, and a number of family friendly channels. I tried it in the past but with the new channel additions, I plan on re-subscribing to the service soon. It also works with the popular streaming sticks- Roku, Amazon Firestick and Apple TV.

I hope closed captioning works on all the channels.

https://try.frndlytv.com/

I tried SelectTV and while the channels in it seemed good, the streaming platform was garbage, and there was no customer service. Closed captioning didn't work on most of the channels, and it was not usable with a Roku.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:13 PM   #7
favoriteshow
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I was going to say I believe Logo butchers the hell out of their shows. I think The Facts of Life fans have said they only air like 17 or 19 minutes of an episode that originally runs between 24 to 25 minutes. It's best just saving your money to buy the DVD sets of the shows you want so you can see them in its entirety.
I wish Starz had the full series of Facts of Life. It has had Diff'rent Strokes, although it appears to have migrated to Amazon Prime. The full DVD series of Facts of Life is > $50

Does the Roku Channel air full episodes? I noticed it has a couple of seasons in it's library right now, but it has commercials.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:29 PM   #8
AKA
Forum Star

Quote:
I wish Starz had the full series of Facts of Life. It has had Diff'rent Strokes, although it appears to have migrated to Amazon Prime.
With the exception of two-parters that were originally hourlong episodes, Starz had the network cuts of Diff’rent Strokes. Prime, for some reason, was given the edited-for-syndication versions. I don’t understand why.

Quote:
The full DVD series of Facts of Life is > $50

Does the Roku Channel air full episodes? I noticed it has a couple of seasons in it's library right now, but it has commercials.
They currently have seasons 7-9. Looking at the episode lengths (23-24 minutes), they do appear to be the full-length versions based on the average amount of commercials per hour when those episodes originally aired.
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:22 PM   #9
favoriteshow
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA View Post
With the exception of two-parters that were originally hourlong episodes, Starz had the network cuts of Diff’rent Strokes. Prime, for some reason, was given the edited-for-syndication versions. I don’t understand why.

They currently have seasons 7-9. Looking at the episode lengths (23-24 minutes), they do appear to be the full-length versions based on the average amount of commercials per hour when those episodes originally aired.
Thanks. I also see that Pluto TV has Seasons 5 and 6 currently, while Roku Channel as you mentioned has 7-9. Pluto lists an episode as 30 minutes. Any idea if it is full length?

I noticed based off of Logo's schedule, it will be running the next Facts of Life marathon on August 6th, with episodes from Season 7. I suppose Logo has a different set of rights, even though Logo and Pluto are both co-owned by ViacomCBS. It'd sure be better for fans if the full series made it to Paramount+ than just being limited to Pluto or Logo. But Amazon Prime and even Hulu, seems to have a more compelling library for classic TV, while Viacom doesn't care about providing any full series of classic TV on its own Paramount+ platform.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:25 PM   #10
thebigcookie

Quote:
Thanks. I also see that Pluto TV has Seasons 5 and 6 currently, while Roku Channel as you mentioned has 7-9. Pluto lists an episode as 30 minutes. Any idea if it is full length?

I noticed based off of Logo's schedule, it will be running the next Facts of Life marathon on August 6th, with episodes from Season 7. I suppose Logo has a different set of rights, even though Logo and Pluto are both co-owned by ViacomCBS. It'd sure be better for fans if the full series made it to Paramount+ than just being limited to Pluto or Logo. But Amazon Prime and even Hulu, seems to have a more compelling library for classic TV, while Viacom doesn't care about providing any full series of classic TV on its own Paramount+ platform.
It wouldn’t go to Paramount+ because it is not a CBS Paramount show. It is a Sony show. Paramount+ doesn’t have Sony shows.
thebigcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:44 PM   #11
TVLegend

Logo would butcher ASS if they had the chance
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:01 PM   #12
Christopher
Hush
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Pluto TV has edited episodes. I watched one of the first season episodes of FOL on their channel and noticed a couple of scenes taken out for commercials. This goes for their on demand service too. I watched The Surreal Life on there and they had commercials every single episode in places that didn't originally have a commercial break placed in.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:01 PM   #13
favoriteshow
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcookie View Post
It wouldn’t go to Paramount+ because it is not a CBS Paramount show. It is a Sony show. Paramount+ doesn’t have Sony shows.
That maybe the case now, but is there anything preventing Paramount from negotiating for a series (for streaming) from Sony?

For example, King of Queens is on Peacock. It’s certainly not an NBC show but NBC figured it would be of value to be on Peacock. It’s one of the reasons I subscribed to Peacock.