Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons
Antenna TV Acquires That Girl for January and Perhaps More; Disney Just Rolls With It Once Again
HBO Gets 2nd Season of McBride and Goodman Comedy; HGTV and Bradys Go Digital


New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #76
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I find that statement immensely reactionary, and moreover, simply untrue.

"Courts" do not receive compensation; attorneys do. Some lawyers are motivated largely by compensation, but again, so are others in just about every profession. It's akin to claiming ALL police officers aren't concerned with enforcing the law; they just want to shake people down and take bribes.
That's who I meant.
__________________
Join my Unsolved Mysteries page (Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unsolv...899616?sk=wall
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #77
Spark Of Spirit
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 20, 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necco
I think she's guilty as sin.


But I think she got railroaded at trial.
That's about what I feel. I mean, the prosecution's case is nowhere near as flimsy as, say, in Tommy Ziegler's case but it's not as strong as it could be given how shoddy the defense's case is. They should have done a more competent job than they did.

She won't get executed, though. I'm fairly certain of that.
__________________
A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #78
Wawwie
Member
Senior Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 7,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
However, I have always had my suspicions that Darin Routier might have been involved somehow, so this case may not be 100 % closed. I was quite surprised when Darin divorced Darlie a few months ago, as she might be less inclined to stay silent and cover for him if he had anything to do with it. It will be interesting to see if her execution comes close to actually happening, as I could see her suddenly "remembering" something that implicates Darin.
I also have always felt that the husband Darin was somehow involved. There is no doubt that someone in the house committed the murders since knife #4 from the kitchen block had a fiber from the screen on it. Darin is a weirdo. At the hospital (right after the murders) he is talking to police about how large Darlie's breasts are and how hot she is. He never once inquires about his dead children or his injured wife. The guy is just strange. Another thing that nags at me is all of Darlie's defensive wounds and bruises on her arms and wrists. How could she have done that to herself? I may be wrong, but I think Darin might be the actual assailant and Darlie has been brain-washed to cover for him since she seems like a weak minded weirdo herself.
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #79
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
I also have always felt that the husband Darin was somehow involved. There is no doubt that someone in the house committed the murders since knife #4 from the kitchen block had a fiber from the screen on it. Darin is a weirdo. At the hospital (right after the murders) he is talking to police about how large Darlie's breasts are and how hot she is. He never once inquires about his dead children or his injured wife. The guy is just strange. Another thing that nags at me is all of Darlie's defensive wounds and bruises on her arms and wrists. How could she have done that to herself? I may be wrong, but I think Darin might be the actual assailant and Darlie has been brain-washed to cover for him since she seems like a weak minded weirdo herself.
I've never been able to accept the "Darin did it" theory in this case. For one, from the get-go Darlie said she was attacked by an unknown man. How long would Darin have had to "brainwash" her after the attacks to the 911 call? A minute or two, if not seconds. Plus Darlie said that Darin was upstairs with their infant son sleeping and that she was downstairs with the boys. Darin was also the one who tried to revive one of the boys, IIRC. Never got the vibe that he had anything to do with it.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #80
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,790
Default

I've consistently been put off by Darin whenever I've seen him in interviews--I think his demeanor is always strange--but I also think he had nothing to do with it. Never have.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #81
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I've consistently been put off by Darin whenever I've seen him in interviews--I think his demeanor is always strange--but I also think he had nothing to do with it. Never have.
Yes his arrogant "good ole boy" demeanor always got on my nerves.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #82
Spark Of Spirit
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 20, 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 556
Default

There isn't much of a scenario of them both being involved and everything ending up like that which makes a lot of sense when you consider how the crime scene was found. The two would have had plenty of time to make a better trail for an intruder than that because they would have had more time to stage everything.

That leads me to believe that it was one person working in a tight timeline doing whatever they could to throw suspicion off of themselves.
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #83
Wawwie
Member
Senior Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 7,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I've never been able to accept the "Darin did it" theory in this case. For one, from the get-go Darlie said she was attacked by an unknown man. How long would Darin have had to "brainwash" her after the attacks to the 911 call? A minute or two, if not seconds. Plus Darlie said that Darin was upstairs with their infant son sleeping and that she was downstairs with the boys. Darin was also the one who tried to revive one of the boys, IIRC. Never got the vibe that he had anything to do with it.
Okay. I 100% believe that someone in the house committed the murders, but what is the explanation for Darlie's defensive wounds and bruises on her arms, fore arms, and wrists? How could they possibly be self inflicted?
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #84
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
Okay. I 100% believe that someone in the house committed the murders, but what is the explanation for Darlie's defensive wounds and bruises on her arms, fore arms, and wrists? How could they possibly be self inflicted?
Her wounds were described as "hesitation wounds", which means someone hesitated before cutting her. The only person who would hesitate before inflicting harm on Darlie is Darlie herself.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #85
Wawwie
Member
Senior Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 7,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Her wounds were described as "hesitation wounds", which means someone hesitated before cutting her. The only person who would hesitate before inflicting harm on Darlie is Darlie herself.
I wasn't referring to her cuts. I was referring to the big, black and blue bruises on her arms, forearms and wrists. They are on both of her arms.
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #86
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
I wasn't referring to her cuts. I was referring to the big, black and blue bruises on her arms, forearms and wrists. They are on both of her arms.
The doctor who examined her on the night of her sons murders testified that he did not see any bruising on her arms or legs.

http://lubbockonline.com/news/010997/doctor.htm

And Darlie was told repeatedly to grab towels and apply pressure to her son (the one who was still barely alive at that point) but she just stood their blank faced.

ETA: The Darlie is innocent crowd are quick to point out her "life threatening" injuries. But in reading over some overviews of the case, everyone involved agrees that Darlie stood around AFTER the police and paramedics arrived and actually talked to investigators outside after her boys were taken to the hospital. Had her injuries been life threatening, she would have been taken to the hospital immediately.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #87
Wawwie
Member
Senior Member
 
Wawwie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 7,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
The doctor who examined her on the night of her sons murders testified that he did not see any bruising on her arms or legs.

http://lubbockonline.com/news/010997/doctor.htm

And Darlie was told repeatedly to grab towels and apply pressure to her son (the one who was still barely alive at that point) but she just stood their blank faced.

ETA: The Darlie is innocent crowd are quick to point out her "life threatening" injuries. But in reading over some overviews of the case, everyone involved agrees that Darlie stood around AFTER the police and paramedics arrived and actually talked to investigators outside after her boys were taken to the hospital. Had her injuries been life threatening, she would have been taken to the hospital immediately.
To me, it looks like she did have quite a bit of bruising. But I do agree that Darlie is a weirdo and I have no doubt that she was/is a lousy person.
Attached Images
   
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #88
nikkspence
Nikki spence
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 20, 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 36
Default

I have to. Say to me darlie does not. Appear to me to act like an innocent woman.

Like some one said earlier how. Could she not. Have made enough noise to draw the attention of her husband. Your two sons who you created and raised are being stabbed, I don't buy she was sleeping through that! When u have kids the slightest noise alerts you to what mischief they are up to.2 kids being stabbed 8 times between the two surely would aroused you. If the bruise marks shown on her wrists indicating that she was pinned down then her mouth was not covered unless this man had 3 hands. I would have clawed the hell. Out of him and correctly said knocked his cap off.

She chased this "killer" not screaming for help from her husband or even shouting abuse I.e "you f*** b******" the killer who has a knife is trying to escape a woman he just sliced through the neck? I some how think he would have turned around and finished the job.

The clean up operation? When did the killer do this? Just for the record? He must have stabbed the kids and then her then went to the sink and cleaned it for her blood to be there. A man who just killed 3 people I.wouldn't think would hang around. Why clean there blood? It was all over the house? Why clean the weapon? It makes no.sence. What does is that she slit her neck over the sink and attempted to.clean it up. So her testimoni. Said she chased the killer through the kitchen nothing was mentioned about him cleaning up.

The fact that she never asked the operator to give everyone her help on her dying child speaks volumes being a mother myself. I would be begging for help on how to save then over describing my attacker. Kids lives are priority. Expesisly the fact that she was told to apply pressure to her sons wounds and ignored this to tend to her own. That is not normal parenting. If she wanted her kids alive she should have made more of an effort go.save them.

The sock if worn by an attacker surely would have some scrap lf dna, how could it not? How could there be not a single shred of evidence?

Darlie is guilty 100% I've read a lot about her and not a single thing has even tilted me to think she is innocent.
I belive she did this to get sympathy which it has. She never acted like a mother during or after the attack so I can truly believe she could kill her own kids in cold blood.
nikkspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #89
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

I haven't read up on the case in while and the main thread is very long.

Off the top of your head (not necessary to research if you don't feel like it), does anyone recall Darin's state of dress during these attacks?

It seems I remember reading that he was asleep upstairs with the youngest child, a baby, and Darlie was asleep downstairs with the two older boys.

During the attacks, she screamed for Darin to wake up and come save them. He came downstairs fully dressed - Jeans, shirt, glasses, etc, and maybe even shoes?

Is this right? Am I remembering that correctly?
__________________
-
-
-
-
-

Please sign the petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix/Hulu http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #90
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I haven't read up on the case in while and the main thread is very long.

Off the top of your head (not necessary to research if you don't feel like it), does anyone recall Darin's state of dress during these attacks?

It seems I remember reading that he was asleep upstairs with the youngest child, a baby, and Darlie was asleep downstairs with the two older boys.

During the attacks, she screamed for Darin to wake up and come save them. He came downstairs fully dressed - Jeans, shirt, glasses, etc, and maybe even shoes?

Is this right? Am I remembering that correctly?
The reenactment had him coming down the stairs appearing fully dressed, IIRC, glasses and all. Not sure how accurate that is compared to the real events, though.

About this case...I try so hard NOT to look at Darlie's personality and just at the evidence we are presented, but I can't help taking note of her strange demeanor. Certainly, we all grieve differently. We all have different reactions. But my question is, has anyone ever heard her profess anger/desire to see ''the real killer'' apprehended? Or sorrow for the two boys? Her interview just seemed so strange to me, and I know of course we're only seeing portions of it, but I just get a weird vibe here.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.