Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Honeymooners (Sitcoms Online) / The Honeymooners links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Honeymooners Photo Gallery

The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes (Blu-ray)
Buy The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes on Blu-ray
The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes
Buy The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes on DVD
The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 1951-1957 (The Complete Restored Series)
Buy The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 1951-1957 (The Complete Restored Series) on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 1
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 1 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 2
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 2 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 3
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 3 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 4
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 4 on DVD

Buy The Very Best of The Honeymooners / The Best of The Honeymooners - The Lost Episodes / The Honeymooners Christmas Special
The Honeymooners Valentine Special / The Honeymooners - Second Honeymoon / Fan Favorites: The Best of The Honeymooners

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Honeymooners

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Pop TV Renews Schitt's Creek for Sixth and Final Season, Fifth Season Marathon to Air on Sept. 21; HBO Max Revives The Boondocks
NBC Streaming Service Peacock Sets Reboots of Saved by the Bell & Punky Brewster; The Big Bang Theory Coming to HBO Max, While TBS Renews Through 2028
ABC Sets Reunions of Cheers, The Drew Carey Show, Girlfriends, Charmed, Castle and More; NBC Renews Titan Games for Season 2
Nick Slates Are You Afraid of the Dark? Premiere; Spectrum Originals Drama Goes Back Into Production for Season 2 in 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Party of Five Reboot Coming in January; Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey to Reunite for Office Ladies Podcast
Fri-Yay: We're Up Schitt's Creek; Comedy Central Renews South Park for 3 More Seasons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September)

Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season

07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-17-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
Frank Gannucci

Default Honeymooners Episode Reviews: "Hot Tip" (Lost) & "Norton Moves In" (Lost):

Honeymooners Episode Reviews: "Hot Tip" (Lost episode version) & "Norton Moves In" (Lost episode version):

Episode #48 (Syndicated episode #89)
TV: Attached to "Checkup."
VCR: Attached to "A Promotion."
DVD: Attached to "Two Men On A Horse", "A Promotion" & "Checkup." On the Lost Episodes Restored DVD Box Set, it is attached to “Honeymooners Xmas Party” (’52 version), “Glow Worm Cleaning”, “Alice Plays Cupid”, “Suspense”, “Lost Job”, “Anniversary Gift”, “Income Tax”, “What’s Her Name”, “Alice’s Aunt Ethel”, “Lunch Box”, “Norton Moves In”, “Ralph’s Diet”, “Dinner Guest”, “Manager of The Baseball Team” (’53 version) & “Dorsey Bros. Show.”
Color & Lost episode title: "Hot Tip."
Air Date: 4/11/53

"Hot Tip" (Lost episode version):

This episode is apparently entitled “Hot Tips”, not “Hot TIP”, that the syndication package says.

Alice is doing her makeup. Ralph comes out and complains that he can't find his other black sock. Alice goes into the bedroom while Ralph takes off the black sock that is on his foot and there's another black sock on it (he put the two black socks on one foot), so he tells Alice about it. Ralph's fly in his pants are open. Ed comes down and is ready to go to the racetrack with Alice and Ralph. He is wearing a loud jacket that he claims is lucky. He won money when he had it on at one time. According to him, the only time it brought him bad luck was the time that he met Trixie. Ralph talks to Ed and walks around the room to hid the fact that he is zippering the zipper in his pants and the studio audience realizes this and laughs loudly. Ralph: "There comes a time in a man's life where he will need a jacket like that." Ralph has picked five sure winners. Ed says that there is no such thing as a sure thing so he tells a story on how one horse couldn't lose and ended up losing because his tail got stuck in the starting gate.

Alice comes out and Ralph argues with her and says: "The next time I take you someplace, I will leave you home." Ha! Ralph asks Ed to give him some money. He has a hot tip on one horse that he thinks is going to win. He is betting $30 on one horse. Ed leaves. Alice wants to know how did Ralph get the $30. He got the money from the rent money. "This is no wild scheme", says Ralph. Ralph knows a bus driver who's got a brother-in-law that knows an uncle and this uncle knows a guy who drives a milk wagon and this milk wagon delivers milk to a barber who cuts the horse's jockey's hair. Alice sarcastically agrees. Ralph says that this horse is a 90-1 shot and when Ralph multiplies 90 times 30, he can't come up with the answer. Gee, that isn't saying too much about Ralph's IQ. Ralph: "We can move into a penthouse and have a nice view of Central Park if we win." Alice says the opposite will happen if they lose.

When word gets out, a bunch of people ask Ralph to place bets for them. Ed comes up and says that there is a policeman coming up to the apartment (thinking that someone is being a bookie). Ralph and Ed panic so Ralph says to put it under the ice box, but Ed says that that won't work. A policeman knocks on the door. Ed: "Just a minute. We are not ready." Ralph suggests putting the list in the faucet, but Ed says that that won't work since the cop may want a drink. Ralph and Norton panic, and Norton tells Ralph to eat the list that he wrote the bets on. Alice tells the cop that the list will prove Ralph's innocence and Ralph discovers that he didn't eat the list after all. (He actually ate the money.) The cop is convinced and leaves.

All I can say is if Jackie really ate the money, I hope he didn't get sick.

Episode #49 (Syndicated episode #58)
TV: Attached to "Dinner Guest."
VCR: Attached to "Songs & Witty Sayings."
DVD: Attached to "Songs & Witty Sayings" & "Income Tax." On the Lost Episodes Restored DVD Box Set, it is attached to “Honeymooners Xmas Party” (’52 version), “Glow Worm Cleaning”, “Alice Plays Cupid”, “Suspense”, “Lost Job”, “Anniversary Gift”, “Income Tax”, “What’s Her Name”, “Alice’s Aunt Ethel”, “Lunch Box”, “Hot Tips”, “Ralph’s Diet”, “Dinner Guest”, “Manager of The Baseball Team” (’53 version) & “Dorsey Bros. Show.”
Color & Lost episode title: "Norton Moves In."
Air Date: 4/18/53

"Norton Moves In" (Lost episode version):

This is one of my favorite 15 minute sketches. If you haven't seen this episode yet, it does look funny on paper, doesn't it?

Trixie comes down to the Kramden apartment at 3am. Trixie reveals that their apartment was painted today, though it was technically yesterday since it is 3am. The paint smells awful. So she wonders is her and Ed could come own and stay for the night. Alice obliges. Ed Norton comes down and says thanks. He and Trixie go to get the cot.

Alice wakes up Ralph. Ralph thinks it's time to go to work, but Alice tells him its 3am. Ralph: "Why did you get me up at this time for?" Alice: "The Nortons had their apartment painted today." Ralph: "Did the news flash come across the radio?" Alice explains the paint smells awful in their house. Ralph: "Boy, that's a hot one. Norton works in the sewer all day and he can't stand the smell of paint." Hey everyone has a smell that they can and can't stand. Ralph has to sleep in the kitchen with Ed. Ralph and Alice would wind up saying the exact things to each other in this argument in "Battle of The Sexes."

Ed Norton comes down with the folding cot. Ed: "I hope I didn't disturb your sleep." Ralph: "No, you didn't disturb my sleep. I get up every morning at 3am to make sure I get a seat on the subway going to work." The same sentences that Ralph and Ed just spoke would be said again in "Battle of The Sexes."

Alice & Trixie go into the bedroom. Ed: "Hey Alice, if Trixie puts her cold feet on your back, va va va voom." Ed sets up the cot that he claims that he put up and took down 100 times. As he is getting it up, you can see two of the front legs are not standing up straight. Gee, I wonder what will happen when both men lie down on the cot? Ralph lies down and because of the two front legs are not straight, the cot collapses. Ralph: "I thought you put this up and took it down 100 times." Ed: "I do and the same thing always happens." Ed lies down without taking his hat off. Gee, I didn't know that sleeping at night with a hat like that was normal.

Ed gets Ralph up to get a cigarette and then a match. Ralph is trying his best to not get angry. When Ed drops the match and Ralph feels it, Ralph yells: "YEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!" Ralph, gets up, does everything to make the pain go away. Alice and Trixie come out. Ralph (to Alice): "You satisfied? You satisfied? Turning this joint into a YMCA?" Ralph reveals that Ed Norton used him for an ashtray because Ed wanted to smoke.

Ralph says the smell of paint never bothered him so it shouldn't bother the Nortons. Ralph says to Ed: "Take your Erector set (the cot) and get out of here." Alice says to Ralph that he will wake up the neighbors because of his yelling. Ralph: "I hope they have to have their apartments painted too. We will grab a brush and have a ball." Gee, Ralph is sure being nice. Alice says that the Nortons are going upstairs over her dead body. Ralph: "Don't tempt me." Ralph insults Ed. So Trixie says: "Ed, are you going to stand there and let this meat head talk to you like that." Ed: "Of course not. Ralph, I am mad at you." Ed says that without an angry tone in his voice which makes it funny.

The Nortons leave angry at Ralph. Ralph says that Ed was never a friend to him. Ralph says Ed always imposed on him, but when he realizes that Ralph has always imposed on Ed, Ralph feels remorseful Ralph tries to go upstairs to get Ed and apologize. Ed comes in and says: "I forgive you pal." Ralph says that they can spend the night here after all. Ralph and Alice kiss and embrace.

Credit I believe goes to the old Bill 'Mooners Archive, eBay.com, tv.com, Honeymooners Lost Episodes Book, tvguide.com, honeymooners.net, Honeymooners Box Set booklet Honeymooners Lost Episodes DVD booklet, Yahoo! Groups You’re A Riot! & amazon.com
Frank Gannucci is offline   Reply With Quote