Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Paramount+ Renews Rugrats for 2nd Season; Eva Longoria Producing Disney Sci-Fi Comedy
Family Guy, King of the Hill, The Cleveland Show and Futurama Joining FXX; HBO Max's Ten Year Old Tom Details
73rd Primetime Emmy Awards Winners; Turner Celebrates Latinx Heritage Month with George Lopez, Tacoma FD and More
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 20, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Comes to an End; FXX Goes Full Blown Animation Domination with New Acquisitions
Fri-Yay: NBC Reportedly Wants to Reboot The Office; Remembering Norm Macdonald of The Norm Show/Norm
Comedy Central Fall 2021: Seinfeld Joins Lineup; Apple TV+ New Comedy Acapulco Premieres Oct. 8


New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-September)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
09/21 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #256
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyte
Don Dixon is so guilty it makes me want to explode. Those crocodile tears he shed were so damn pathetic--you can tell so easily that he was just forcing it.
Agreed. He never did cry even though he wanted us to think he was. All he was doing was trying to look like Eric's BFF.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyte
Its really a miracle how he hasn't been charged and convicted yet. Never before has a UM interviewee blamed so many other people and pointed so many fingers. I am 110% sure Mr. Dixon murdered Eric Yamiyasu.
I'm not surprised. A poster came on here a while back and said that the police in Hood River are shady and lazy. they could care less about doing certain things and if Eric did indeed have an affair with Wampler's wife, then I highly doubt Wampler cares about solving this case or assigning detectives to this case for it to be worked on.

Last edited by Hambone2421; 04-28-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #257
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,339
Default

While I do think Dixon is the most likely suspect in Eric's murder, if you recall the Sammy Wheeler segment, everyone interviewed (Sammy's girlfriend, identical twin brother, and Sammy's girlfriend's ex-husband) all pointed the finger at each other and it turns out none of them did it. So it is remotely possible that Dixon is nothing more than a trouble making tool.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #258
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
While I do think Dixon is the most likely suspect in Eric's murder, if you recall the Sammy Wheeler segment, everyone interviewed (Sammy's girlfriend, identical twin brother, and Sammy's girlfriend's ex-husband) all pointed the finger at each other and it turns out none of them did it. So it is remotely possible that Dixon is nothing more than a trouble making tool.
You are right. I think Dixon comes off so smug in his interview because he wants us to believe that he was Eric's best friend yet everyone else says that's not the case. He then goes on to point the blame at everyone except himself.

But to your point, you could be right. I think if Dixon is innocent, the most likely suspect is Eric's g/f's ex boyfriend Carter who was supposedly the one harassing them that night.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #259
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
You are right. I think Dixon comes off so smug in his interview because he wants us to believe that he was Eric's best friend yet everyone else says that's not the case. He then goes on to point the blame at everyone except himself.

But to your point, you could be right. I think if Dixon is innocent, the most likely suspect is Eric's g/f's ex boyfriend Carter who was supposedly the one harassing them that night.
This Carter guy seems to have much more of a motive to murder Eric, if he were indeed the ex-boyfriend of the woman who was at Eric's house the night he was killed. But Dixon was the only one who could have entered Eric's house without signs of a forced entry (since he knew his alarm code), and seemed to be proud of that fact. I do disagree with Eric's other friend interviewed who said that Don was only a guy who Eric bought spray from. If that were true why did Dixon have the security codes to his house?
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #260
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
But Dixon was the only one who could have entered Eric's house without signs of a forced entry (since he knew his alarm code), and seemed to be proud of that fact. I do disagree with Eric's other friend interviewed who said that Don was only a guy who Eric bought spray from. If that were true why did Dixon have the security codes to his house?
I go back and forth of this but you have to remember, Dixon is the only one saying that. No one else confirmed that Dixon had the codes. If it was confirmed by Eric's sister or even Eric's g/f that Dixon had the codes, I would definitely agree with you.

Come to think of it, something just occurred to me. This Diana lady that Eric was supposedly dating was his presumed g/f. Why didn't she go check on her b/f after days of non communication? Seems to me that if I had a significant other that wasn't answering the phone and no one heard from him, I would definitely go check on him. Seems kinda odd that she didn't speak to Eric for a week until his body was found.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #261
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Another reason why I believe Dixon to be the killer or at least know more than he is letting on is because he told Eric's sister about the death and said that there were no exit wounds. However, when Sgt Gerry Tiffany was on UM, he said:

"When I first walked in, it appeared to me that, we were dealing with an unintended death. A medical problem, or, you know, a heart attack, those kind of things. There was no sign of trauma, that we could see right off. Nothing that could indicate that there was any kind of foul play."

So you have a decorated lawman who has seen this kinda stuff before saying he couldn't find anything that would lead him to believe it was foul play, then you have Don Dixon shouting exit wounds to the first person he speaks to. If Dixon had indeed innocently inspected the body and saw the bullet holes but no exit wounds, he should have told the police. Dixon did not do this. He basically just sat there and did nothing and never spoke up.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #262
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,339
Default

I haven't watched the segment in awhile, but I thought Dixon told Eric's sister that it didn't appear to be a suicide since there were no obvious exit wounds. In that case, both Dixon and the investigator both agree that they couldn't see any signs of exit wounds. But what person is going to go examine someone (especially someone close to you) who is sprawled on their bed dead? I know I wouldn't, and would have wanted to dial 911 as soon as possible with the hopes that maybe they could be saved. Yet Dixon takes the time to examine the body. That in itself is circumstantial evidence against him IMO. I think the fact that Dixon "examined" Eric's body was his way of making sure the job was done. I also think Dixon had someone kill Eric, or definitely knows who did it. This would explain how someone entered the house without any signs of a disturbance (since Dixon claimed he had the codes), and also why Dixon would feel the need to check Eric for exit wounds.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #263
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I haven't watched the segment in awhile, but I thought Dixon told Eric's sister that it didn't appear to be a suicide since there were no obvious exit wounds. In that case, both Dixon and the investigator both agree that they couldn't see any signs of exit wounds. But what person is going to go examine someone (especially someone close to you) who is sprawled on their bed dead? I know I wouldn't, and would have wanted to dial 911 as soon as possible with the hopes that maybe they could be saved. Yet Dixon takes the time to examine the body. That in itself is circumstantial evidence against him IMO. I think the fact that Dixon "examined" Eric's body was his way of making sure the job was done. I also think Dixon had someone kill Eric, or definitely knows who did it. This would explain how someone entered the house without any signs of a disturbance (since Dixon claimed he had the codes), and also why Dixon would feel the need to check Eric for exit wounds.
The investigator said nothing about exit wounds. He was more so alluding to the fact of a heart attack or death from natural causes because he did not see anything to support foul play. My whole problem with this is if Dixon (as he claims to have done) saw the bullet holes but no exit wounds, why did he not alert the police of this since they went days without knowing of it?

Also, as much as I believe Dixon did it or had a hand in doing it, I still think its odd that Eric's g/f Diana did not call the police after she had not heard from him for a week. I have to assume that since they were dating, she was trying to get a hold of him in the week that he was not heard from. I also wonder if she knew her ex b/f Carter had something to do with it and just kept quiet about it.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #264
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
The investigator said nothing about exit wounds. He was more so alluding to the fact of a heart attack or death from natural causes because he did not see anything to support foul play. My whole problem with this is if Dixon (as he claims to have done) saw the bullet holes but no exit wounds, why did he not alert the police of this since they went days without knowing of it?

I thought Dixon told Eric's sister (when he called her to inform her that her brother was dead) that there were no exit wounds so it wasn't a suicide? Dixon seems to be in agreement with the investigator, since both claimed to not notice any gunshot wounds or exit wounds.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #265
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I thought Dixon told Eric's sister (when he called her to inform her that her brother was dead) that there were no exit wounds so it wasn't a suicide? Dixon seems to be in agreement with the investigator, since both claimed to not notice any gunshot wounds or exit wounds.
I get what your saying but when the investigator said the following:

"When I first walked in, it appeared to me that, we were dealing with an unintended death. A medical problem, or, you know, a heart attack, those kind of things. There was no sign of trauma, that we could see right off. Nothing that could indicate that there was any kind of foul play."

he didn't make any mention of any type of foul play because he just believed it to be natural causes. Yet Dixon, jumped right into the exit wounds and suicide theory. I don't know, maybe I'm digging too deep, but just because there's no exit wounds, doesn't immediately make it a suicide.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #266
Corky Kneivel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Corky Kneivel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Sacratomato
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Also, as much as I believe Dixon did it or had a hand in doing it, I still think its odd that Eric's g/f Diana did not call the police after she had not heard from him for a week. I have to assume that since they were dating, she was trying to get a hold of him in the week that he was not heard from. I also wonder if she knew her ex b/f Carter had something to do with it and just kept quiet about it.
I didn't get the impression from the UM segment that they were bf/gf. I just figured it was more of a "night in" booty call. By all appearances, Mr. Tamayasu was a good looking successful man. The way I took it their relationship was casual enough that not hearing back from him for a week wasn't a big deal. They definitely didn't have a Charlotte/Ma Pollis 16-phone-calls-a-day thing going on


I agree with you that Dixon looks mighty suspicious when he's spouting "exit wounds" (supposedly) within minutes of finding his friend's corpse to the first person he talks to. Why did he try and provide an answer to a question nobody had asked yet? Trained LE's & trained medical professionals didn't know they were looking at a homicide until much later.

I don't think his actions of (supposedly) looking at his dead friend's corpse is as suspicious because I don't think its fair to judge that kind of behavior until one is in that circumstance. I can imagine a scenario where I would do that.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #267
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
I didn't get the impression from the UM segment that they were bf/gf. I just figured it was more of a "night in" booty call. By all appearances, Mr. Tamayasu was a good looking successful man. The way I took it their relationship was casual enough that not hearing back from him for a week wasn't a big deal. They definitely didn't have a Charlotte/Ma Pollis 16-phone-calls-a-day thing going on
Back on page 8 (I think) of this thread, someone under the name of mssamspede posted stating that Eric and Diana had sex the night she was at his house. Many of us believe that poster to be Don Dixon or a friend/relative of Dixon since that poster does so much to point the finger at everyone else but Dixon and says Dixon was Eric closest friend, just as Dixon does in the UM segment.

One thing I didn't really ask myself until now is, how does msssamspede, whoever that is, know that they had sex that night since that is the rumored night of Eric's murder? Eric sure as hell didn't tell anyone.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #268
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
I don't think his actions of (supposedly) looking at his dead friend's corpse is as suspicious because I don't think its fair to judge that kind of behavior until one is in that circumstance. I can imagine a scenario where I would do that.
But I'm sure you would dial 911 before you stopped to "say a prayer". And you wouldn't ramble on to the dead persons relatives about the lack of their being exit wounds. Those three things make Dixon look ridiculously suspect.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #269
Corky Kneivel
Member
Forum Regular
 
Corky Kneivel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Sacratomato
Posts: 546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
But I'm sure you would dial 911 before you stopped to "say a prayer". And you wouldn't ramble on to the dead persons relatives about the lack of their being exit wounds. Those three things make Dixon look ridiculously suspect.

You're absolutely correct. I might sing "Like A Prayer" by Madonna but that's all I would do.

Seriously though I'm with you. I don't even believe Don Dixon did all that and I think thats just a rehearsed story. I think he is the likeliest suspect, outside of the ex-boyfriend guy but I don't know the full story on that. He wasn't brought up on the Um segment was he?
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #270
Sketch
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Sketch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 05, 2011
Posts: 22
Default

I think Dixon sounds like the type of person who would tell a lot of lies to be close to a situation, not even necessarily a person. Kind of like the people who claim responsibility for a murder when they didn't do it. I think he throws enough nuggets of truth in there to confuse people and jumped at the chance to destroy evidence because it puts him closer to the center of the case. He could have even learned more information from all the rumors that had to be swirling around town after the murder. He could have had a perfectly normal business or slightly friendly relationship with Tamiyasu that he wildly embellished on when the opportunity for major attention presented itself.
Are people sure he was the last one to see Tamiyasu alive? He could have found him when looking for him because of work related things. Could have even freaked out, left and came back later to call the police after thinking what a great attention getting scenario it was. Heck, if he likes attention that much, he could have killed Tamiyasu just to put himself in the middle of a mystery.

I haven't seen the segment. Couldn't find it. My theory is strictly from what I've read on this board and I'm just throwing it out there. I'm not convinced I'm right.
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.