Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso Wins Big at The Emmys; CBS Expands Ghosts Premiere to One-Hour; Remembering Willie Garson of Sex and the City, Director Jay Sandrich
TBS, TNT and truTV Launch Fall-O-Ween, a Programming Block of Halloween Classics; HBO Max Comedy from Mindy Kaling Debuts November 18
Paramount+ Renews Rugrats for 2nd Season; Eva Longoria Producing Disney Sci-Fi Comedy
Family Guy, King of the Hill, The Cleveland Show and Futurama Joining FXX; HBO Max's Ten Year Old Tom Details
73rd Primetime Emmy Awards Winners; Turner Celebrates Latinx Heritage Month with George Lopez, Tacoma FD and More
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 20, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Comes to an End; FXX Goes Full Blown Animation Domination with New Acquisitions

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-September)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
09/21 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-04-2020, 03:50 PM   #256
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeBarone View Post
I'd read somewhere that the oldest generation from ELR were all gone now, so I didn't bother to verify. What a horrifying mistake. Sorry, Fred.
He actually passed not long after our discussion.
JamesG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:35 PM   #257
SledgeBarone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
He actually passed not long after our discussion.
Yeah, I guess I have the kiss of death. Maybe I should remember not to talk about dead people...
SledgeBarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:05 AM   #258
treky
star trek fan
Forum Fanatic

in 2003 there was going to be a spin-off of QUANTUM LEAP about Sams daughter searching through time for Sam; but it never materialized.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:46 AM   #259
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

NBC recently passed on a Bo & Cheyenne-centered spin-off of "Superstore".

It would have featured Nichole Sakura and Johnny Pemberton reprising their "Superstore" roles where they balance their big dreams with the harsh realities of being a blue-collar family in America.

The CW also did not pick up its female-lead "Arrow" spin-off "Green Arrow and the Canaries". The backdoor pilot aired during "Arrow" Season 8, Ep. #9.

It would have featured Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy, and Juliana Harkavy.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:00 PM   #260
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
"How I Met Your Mother" has had a few attempts at launching a spin-off (companion series) that never happened.

The pilot for "How I Met Your Dad", starring indie film star Greta Gerwig and narrated by Meg Ryan, wasn't picked up by CBS.

Then in December 2016, they tried again with "This Is Us" writers Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger on "How I Met Your Father". It was to also be from a female's point-of-view and HIMYM creators Bays and Thomas were EPs.

Fox chairman Dana Walden then said in August 2017 that they were looking into it again with new writers and that no ideas or concepts from the previous attempts would be carried over.”

Hulu has ordered "How I Met Your Father" to series with Hilary Duff set to star.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/how-i-m...ff-1234741018/